PDA

View Full Version : Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii! Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2.0!

Behold_the_Void
2007-07-09, 04:17 PM
This is a revamp of my original Vigilante Cheerleader (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40391) class, in light of the new stages shown in Ouendan 2. It has been expanded into a 10-level prestige class.

Vigilante Cheerleader

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/Behold_the_Void/Ouendan2.jpg

In times of great peril, the force of inspiration is truly a sight to behold. Those in the most dire straits know that help is but a cry away.

By shouting "OUENDAN!" at the top of their lungs, the troubled individual can summon forth a group of elite cheerleaders who will perform dances to inspire greatness in them. These cheerleaders will appear on the scene at a moment's notice, almost as if they knew beforehand that they would be needed, and perform such masterful acts of cheerleading that the troubled individual cannot help but be overtaken by a burning passion and sally forth to correct their problems in the most spectacular manner possible.

The Vigilante Cheerleader is a powerful inspiring figure and a force of good in the community. Specially trained to be in the right place at the right time and respond to any cry of "OUENDAN!" that is uttered, they appear and inspire greatness within the beleaguered individuals that need their aid. Their professional cheerleading allows people to perform great acts of skill and daring, allowing them to surmount impossible odds. Whether its help with studying or saving the city from a giant rodent, no task is too large or too small for the Vigilante Cheerleader.

VIGILANTE CHEERLEADER
Hit Die: d8
Requirements
To qualify for the Vigilante Cheerleader, a character must fulfill the following criteria.
Alignment: Any good
Skills: Perform (Dance) 8 ranks
Abilities: Bardic Music, Inspire Courage, Inspire Competence
Class Skills: As Bard

Vigilante Cheerleader
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0
|
+0
|
+2
|
+2
|Bardic Music, Ouendan Team

2nd|
+1
|
+0
|
+3
|
+3
|Hear the Call, OUENDAN!

3rd|
+2
|
+1
|
+3
|
+3
|Predict the Call, Great Stamina

4th|
+3
|
+1
|
+4
|
+4
|Great Cheering

5th|
+3
|
+1
|
+4
|
+4
|Answer the Call, Tireless

6th|
+4
|
+2
|
+5
|
+5
|Revitalizing Cheering

7th|
+5
|
+2
|
+5
|
+5
|Cross Time and Space, Adaptable

8th|
+6
|
+2
|
+6
|
+6
|Excellent Cheering

9th|
+6
|
+3
|
+6
|
+6
|Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

10th|
+7
|
+3
|
+7
|
+7
|Rise from the Ashes[/table]

Bardic Music: Levels in Vigilante Cheerleader stack with levels in Bard for purposes of Bardic Music and inspire abilities (the Vigilante Cheerleader gains access to new bardic inspiration abilities as if their Vigilante Cheerleader levels were bard levels)

Ouendan Team: The Vigilante Cheerleader is not a singular entity, but instead part of a group. Up to three Vigilante Cheerleaders may perform at a time, the bonuses they give for their inspiration stacks instead of overlapping, even if the same ability is used. A team consists of no more than three Vigilante Cheerleaders of the same "unit" (they must be wearing the same uniform and be performing a uniform cheer routine in order to be counted as a "team" for the purposes of this ability).

Hear the Call: The Vigilante Cheerleader gains a +20 circumstance bonus per class level to all listen checks whenever someone shouts “OUENDAN!” This ability only applies to calls of those who are actually in distress and in need of the Ouendan team.

OUENDAN!: The Vigilante Cheerleader gains a bonus to all inspire abilities equal to 1/2 their class level (rounded down) for all aspects of the inspire.

Predict the Call: The Vigilante Cheerleader may, once per day per class level, predict a call of “OUENDAN!” one hour before it is made. This tells the Vigilante Cheerleader exactly where the call will be made. The Vigilante Cheerleader does not need to actively use this ability; it will activate itself whenever it is needed. This ability only applies to calls of those who are actually in distress and in need of the Ouendan team.

Great Stamina: The Vigilante Cheerleader only needs 4 hours of sleep and is immune to the effects of fatigue.

Great Cheering: The Vigilante Cheerleader's cheering is so powerful, it can inspire true greatness in its recipients. The Vigilante Cheerleader may use two Inspire abilities simultaneously (thus, a 5th level Bard/4th Level Vigilante Cheerleader could use Inspire Competence +2 and Inspire Greatness at the same time and give the effects for both). The second effect only gains 1/2 the benefit from the OUENDAN! ability (rounded down).

Answer the Call: The Vigilante Cheerleader can instantaneously appear on-location whenever a call of “OUENDAN!” is made as many times per day equal to their class level. This functions as the spell “Greater Teleport,” but the Vigilante Cheerleader need not be aware of the location. The Vigilante Cheerleader does not consciously decide to use this ability; it happens whenever there is a call of “OUENDAN!” and another Vigilante Cheerleader has not already responded. The Vigilante Cheerleader is always returned to their former location when they deem their work to be complete. This ability only applies to calls of those who are actually in distress and in need of the Ouendan team.

Tireless: The Vigilante Cheerleader no longer needs to sleep and is immune to the effects of exhaustion.

Revitalizing Cheer: The Vigilante Cheerleader's energy is so powerful that they can restore wounds and heal fatigue. As the Vigilante Cheerleader cheers, wilted flowers blossom around them and people suddenly feel well again. Revitalizing Cheer counts as if it were an inspire ability. Any recipient of it gains Fast Healing equal to the Vigilante Cheerleader's class level. This ability is unaffected by the OUENDAN! ability, but may be used in conjunction with other inspire abilities with the Great Cheering ability.

Cross Time and Space: The Vigilante Cheerleader’s “Answer the Call” ability is no longer limited to the prime material plane. They can answer any call, be it across planes or time, instantaneously through use of the ability.

Adaptable: The Vigilante Cheerleader can adapt to their surroundings, breathing underwater or in a vacuum if necessary and withstanding even the most extreme weather conditions. The Vigilante Cheerleader can breathe any substance and can never suffocate unless their breathing is manually cut off. Furthermore, they are immune to all effects of nonmagical weather and environments (for example, the Vigilante Cheerleader is unaffected by extreme heat and can move as normal even underwater).

Excellent Cheering: The Vigilante's Cheerleader's ability to inspire further increases. The Vigilante Cheerleader may now use three inspire abilities when performing. The third effect does not gain a bonus from the OUENDAN! ability.

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!: In times of great and dire need, more than one Ouendan team is required to triumph over adversity. Once per day, up to two teams (no more than six Ouendan members) can perform together and have the bonuses they give stack instead of overlap. This ability only functions if all members of each team possess it.

Rise from the Ashes: The devotion of the Vigilante Cheerleader has reached its pinnacle. Once per week, if the Vigilante Cheerleader has been reduced to -10 or below hit points, petrified, or otherwise incapacitated and "Ouendan" is chanted by at least ten people in dire need for one minute, the Vigilante Cheerleader gains the effects of "True Ressurection," "Greater Restoration," and "Heal" and appears on location, bursting out of some kind of landmark or object if appropriate. If multiple members of the same team possess this ability, they are all targeted by the chanting at the same time and are all resurrected simultaneously.

XtheYeti
2007-07-09, 04:29 PM
...wow...interesting...what can i say?

Arakune
2007-07-16, 05:27 PM
two teams of bard 10/Vigilante Cheerleader 10 could inspire things astronomicaly absurd to do!

so, what kind of game/manga it was?

Behold_the_Void
2007-07-16, 11:32 PM
two teams of bard 10/Vigilante Cheerleader 10 could inspire things astronomicaly absurd to do!

so, what kind of game/manga it was?

The game in question is Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii! Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moero%21_Nekketsu_Rhythm_Damashii_Osu%21_Tatakae%2 1_Ouendan_2), a rhythm game that was only released in Japan (although America saw the release of the Americanized "Elite Beat Agents.") The premise is that whenever someone's in any kind of trouble, they shout "OUENDAN!" and the Ouendan squad shows up and cheers them on until they overcome their difficulties.

And as far as Bard 10/Vigilante Cheerleader 10 inspiring astronomically absurd things, this is what the last stage of the game is the sun going out and the two cheerleading teams banding together in order to create such passionate energy in the people around the world that their combined power reignites the sun.

It's kind of amazing and VERY Japanese. So yes, absurd levels of inspiration is most certainly needed.

Xuincherguixe
2007-07-17, 02:50 AM
Wow. That's messed up. I love it :P

Grug
2007-08-29, 10:53 AM
Heh, EBA for life dawg. Chieftan is my Homie.

You should probably add that true ressurection effect can also be used when they've been Petrified, Turned into undead, pinned, unconcious, or are dying.

When I read the last ability, I couldn't help thinking about the awesome scene in EBA when
The 3 agents are turned to stone, then everyone chants E. B. A. over and over, building speed and strength until subtley the music for Jumping Jack Flash kicks in and soon everyone in the whole world is having a party! WOO!

Crilley
2007-11-04, 11:00 PM
... I dont know what to say... Except...

GOD I have been waiting for this for SO LONG! I always wanted to play an EBA!

EDIT: I think I might make some NPCs of them. I'm running an over the top campaign soon and this will be PERFECT

Roderick_BR
2007-11-05, 05:39 AM
Hehehe. Oh, dude. It fits the game so well. I love it. I should use them as NPCs, just to see the party's expression when a group of bards pop out of nowhere and starts inspiring.

Behold_the_Void
2007-11-05, 02:24 PM
Hehehe. Oh, dude. It fits the game so well. I love it. I should use them as NPCs, just to see the party's expression when a group of bards pop out of nowhere and starts inspiring.

Having a way to play one of the songs from the game does wonders to aid this effect.

Glyde
2008-01-08, 09:15 PM
I love you so much.