PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Would this be possible? (CoS)

Jamgretter
2016-09-24, 11:37 PM
Okay, so I am currently running Curse of Strahd, and I had a little idea for Izek. I want to know your guys thoughts. First of all, Nick, Zach, Jonathan, and Elias stop reading if you are, seriously stop. Recently the tiefling warlock in the party killed Izek with his racial Hellish Rebuke. I specified that when he looked away and looked back Izek's weird fire arm was gone, and all that was left was a charred corpse and a smell of sulfur. I know I want to bring the arm back as a sort of beefed up Crawling Claw that has a small fraction of Izek's intelligence (essentially all that is left is his lust for Ireena and a hatred for a certain tiefling). My question is would giving the arm the ability to attach to dead bodies and posses them be stupid? I'm still not entirely sure exactly how strong I want Izek's arm to be or what ability to give him. What do you guys think?

ad_hoc
2016-09-24, 11:45 PM
I think you have entered into full Army of Darkness style camp territory.

Aembrosia
2016-09-24, 11:47 PM
Sounds cool. Does anyone have thieves cant? "You swear that severed arm is trying to tell you something."

Axorfett12
2016-09-24, 11:59 PM
Perhaps it can only attach to the bodies of strahd zombies... there are plenty of those wandering around...

Ashdate
2016-09-25, 12:31 AM
Perhaps it finds a warrior--known for using an older, inferior weapon, perhaps one of the many polearm variants, but some sort of obsolete ranged weapon would probably better--who recently lost an arm. Maybe to a ninja.

Then the arm attaches on, and occasionally takes over the main body (mostly for dramatic occasions). Then depending on who you ask, the creature dies after deciding it needs to spend hours monologuing or once Hideo Kojima leaves.

Jamgretter
2016-09-25, 03:10 AM
I think you have entered into full Army of Darkness style camp territory.

Is it not a wonderful thing?

Tarvil
2016-09-25, 03:46 AM

It is, go for it.

ad_hoc
2016-09-25, 11:16 AM

You should check out Out of the Abyss if you haven't done so already.

The adventure is written with a tone very similar to this.

WickerNipple
2016-09-25, 11:26 AM
It should not attach to dead bodies at all.

It should attach itself to players in awkward/embarrassing bodily locations.

Jamgretter
2016-09-25, 05:40 PM
It should not attach to dead bodies at all.

It should attach itself to players in awkward/embarrassing bodily locations.

You, my friend, are a true genius.