PDA

View Full Version : leadership?

tahu88810
2007-07-09, 04:21 PM
I'm running a campaign with 1 other person (Meaning 1 PC)

Said person is a LE lvl 5 sorcerer/1 fighter elf with 19cha who plans on becoming a dragon disciple(2000xp left to go)

When he became a fighter, he took the leadership feat.

I was a bit confused on how to determine the score so I did this:

6+4=10
10 is the base score.

Then I split this in to two different scores. A follower score and a cohort score.

For the cohort score, he got:
10-2(familiar)= 8
so he got a LE LvL 4 Bard elf for a cohort. I chose the cohort's class, race, spells, and even weapon upon creation. He is essentially an NPC under the players control.

Then I made a follower score.
He got a fifteen after the homicidal to subtle change,
It was 10+1(fairness&generosity)+2(base of operations)=13
The base of operations is his tavern, which was obtained through an abandoned house(obtained after he killed the family, and then a town guard a while ago). The tavern now has its own warehouse, which used to be a rundown abondoned warehouse nearby. Both the PC, cohort and followers live in this 6 room warehouse.

I remember that somehow the PC got a higher follower score, and I'll have to check my notes to figure out why later. But he should have had more followers. I ruled that he couldn't because even now his followers were living in close quartes.

As for the followers, he has 10 1st level elf warriors with longbows, and 1 2nd level elf adept. I chose all spells, starting items, etc. for these followers aswell.

Now, my question is:

Did I do the scoring right? Did I create the followers and cohort correctly? And, if he does infact have a higher follower score, what should I do about the excess followers and lack of food and space?

Thanks for the help in advance, and any other advice would be appreciated. :)
I'm kind of confused.

Gralamin
2007-07-09, 04:34 PM
It looks like you did everything right, minus one thing, That is more or less DM's Choice.
May I recommend discussing with the player What the Cohort Is? It is not just an npc such as a follower, a Cohort can be refused by the Character, at no penalty according to the rules. I Would suggest you and the player come to a comprise about the cohort.

tahu88810
2007-07-09, 04:41 PM
It looks like you did everything right, minus one thing, That is more or less DM's Choice.
May I recommend discussing with the player What the Cohort Is? It is not just an npc such as a follower, a Cohort can be refused by the Character, at no penalty according to the rules. I Would suggest you and the player come to a comprise about the cohort.

Alright, thanks for the help.

And when I made the bard I asked the player if he wanted anything specific in general he replied:
"It has to be magical, evil, and somehow like me"

From that I got: Elf, bard(spontaneous casting), and LE alignment.

I also gave him the chance to accept or decline the cohorts offer to join up with him. The PC accepted, under the premise that even the slightest betrayal on the part of the bard meant death.

brian c
2007-07-09, 04:57 PM
Alright, thanks for the help.

And when I made the bard I asked the player if he wanted anything specific in general he replied:
"It has to be magical, evil, and somehow like me"

From that I got: Elf, bard(spontaneous casting), and LE alignment.

I also gave him the chance to accept or decline the cohorts offer to join up with him. The PC accepted, under the premise that even the slightest betrayal on the part of the bard meant death.

Well, Bards aren't allowed to be Lawful... you're the DM though, so if you want a Lawful Bard you can have one