PDA

View Full Version : Any ongoing horror anime I should look at?

MonkeySage
2016-09-25, 12:48 PM
I'm looking for a new one, probably not very many episodes out. Cause I don't want to binge 5 episodes at once.

danzibr
2016-09-25, 06:50 PM
A new one, eh? What have you watched that you'd suggest?

MonkeySage
2016-09-25, 10:49 PM
Not much, honestly. Mostly I'm asking because I've never actually seen a horror anime, at least not a good one. A couple that tried, though. Like Blood C, kind of a disappointment there, cause I like CLAMP.

Sholos
2016-09-26, 06:53 AM
Higurashi no Nako Koro Ni is a pretty good series with some heavy horror elements. Also very mystery oriented as the characters try to figure out what the heck's going on.

Just noticed the requirement of being new. Higurashi isn't new, it's complete. Two seasons. But I'd still suggest it. If you watch one arc at a time it's very manageable.

Rysto
2016-09-26, 09:12 AM
Didn't the summer season in Japan just complete? I don't think that there are any anime series with only a couple episodes out right now.

Zaydos
2016-09-26, 04:55 PM
Maybe you can tell us what sort of (non-anime) horror you consider good? I mean horror comes in a lot of forms.

That said the only horror anime I'd know of good enough to suggest to someone is not new and is in fact Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Season 1 (not saying Season 2 is bad because it's great, but there's a bit of a genre shift, and Ryuukishi stops playing Horror Tropes like a virtuoso and starts mixing in tropes from other genre and I'd instead say watch Season 1, if you want to figure out what is going on watch season 2).

Even so while it might not help me suggest things it might help others.

MonkeySage
2016-09-26, 05:15 PM
All kinds, really. But I'm a pretty big fan of cosmic horror, in particular. There was a Visual Novel I once read, it was a romantic horror with a heavy Lovecraftian influence.

Zaydos
2016-09-26, 05:19 PM
All kinds, really. But I'm a pretty big fan of cosmic horror, in particular. There was a Visual Novel I once read, it was a romantic horror with a heavy Lovecraftian influence.

Was it Saya no Uta by Gen Urubuchi?

MonkeySage
2016-09-26, 09:06 PM
Yes! Saya no Uta. I enjoyed that one.