PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] Swordpoints, Storms and Stars IC

Pol Detson
2016-09-25, 02:42 PM
Cold winds swept the road, heralding distant storms on Sea of Fallen Stars. Last rays of lights painted in scarlet the twilight-sky blue firmament. Road twisting and turning in and out of Grey Forest was the shortest way for four travelling Swordpoints, a day from Lyrabar and few hours from village called Mist.

Mist, a small hub for woodsmen, hunters and traders, was overdue on taxes and shrouded by lack of communication. The village was known as ‘the last safe place’ in Grey Forest, its high palisade providing safety from goblins and more monstrous inhabitants of Grey Forest.

Cold winds swept the road, carrying faint metallic smell. Faint, but unmistakable for those who live by the sword.

Blood.

If you like, you may roll for Gather Information to learn more about Mist - it will reflect asking around Lyrabar before you hit the road.

Listen and spot checks, please. The road ahead turns out of direct sight, the skies darken by the minutes..

J-H
2016-09-25, 03:28 PM
Hilata

"Blood has been spilled. I don't know what we'll find, but it won't be good. I grew up in a town like this... I hope most of the people are okay."

K: Local [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Listen [roll2]

Ghostfoot
2016-09-25, 04:04 PM
Natali

Her fond thoughts of her recent brief visit to her mother and sister in Lyrabar left far behind on the road, Natali is focused on he darkening woods about the group as they travelled. Her old warhorse snorted loudly, a sure sign it had sensed something out-of-the-ordinary. Moments later the faint metallic tang of blood was discernible to her. Looking carefully about she called to her three companions "'Ware, there's blood on the air". Her breath steamed in the cold air as she drew her longsword.

She can't see much with the road twisting through the gloomy forest ahead, but she spies a figure in the trees nearby "Halt. You there, show yourself!"

Rolling an additional active perception check to see if she can make out any more details of the figure.

Spot [roll0]

Also, Gather Information (if still relevant) for Mist [roll1]

Natali Kulenov (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=948361)
F Lawful Good Human (Damaran) Knight 5, Level 5, Init 2, HP 53/53, Speed 30ft
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 19, Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 5
+1 Longsword +9 (1d8+4, 19-20/ x2)
MW Composite longbow (+3 Str bonus) (20 standard arrows) +8 (1d8+3, x3)
+1 Breastplate, +1 Heavy wooden shield (+6 Armor, +3 Shield, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 16
Condition Fearless (immune to fear)
Bulwark of defence (all threatened squares are difficult terrain for foes that start their turn threatened by me)
Vigilant defender (+5 DC to attempt to Tumble past me)

Warhorse: scent, low-light vision

Pol Detson
2016-09-25, 04:16 PM
The figure move the second after Natali's shout. The knight glimpse green face and small frame, a goblin! It jumps, deftly avoiding breaking bones and run into the forest; a few moments and it'll vanishing from sight!

Goblin has concealment and it's around 40 ft from you. The forest count as difficult terrain for purpose of movement.

J-H
2016-09-25, 06:46 PM
Hilata
Hilata steps towards the goblin. A small glow appears around her hand for a moment. "Halt!"

5' step to hit 35' distance; Daze, Will DC 13 or lose its next turn, as long as the goblin is 4HD or fewer.

Aparator al Zei
2016-09-25, 08:19 PM
What an odd company the group seemed to make walking down the dirt roads, while others road atop large horses, yet among the humans, it was the small dwarf that made it such an odd sight. Seeing a knight traveling with other humans less armored could mean many things to a traveler, but a dwarf in the company of three other humans, now that was a story worth telling no doubt.

It was made all the more amusing by the clanking sound that sounded upon each step the shortest of all his companions made, cursing every few seconds as his white beard flew behind him, like a woman's hair would as he ran to catch up to his allies. "By Mordain's breath will you slow down, didn't anyone teach you to keep a slow productive pace." Thrastrulim called out as he caught up to his allies as he ran up to their side once more. Noticing they stopped which was odd, after all so far he would complain about them going to fast and they would only slow down when he fell to far behind, a game they all seemed to play, however something was different Thrast noticed as he looked around them, placing his hand on the hilt of his hammer.

Listening to the others as they told him they smelled blood in the air, the dwarf lifted his nose, trying to sniff the air. " Bah all I smell is this fresh air, been away from the forge to long. There is nothing like the smell of." however whatever the dwarven companion was going to say was cut short as he saw the green figure of a goblin begin to sprint off. " By Mordain's beard lads, you going to let the thing get away after you tell me you smell blood. Ain't no goblin I ever known that stopped when someone asked nicely." Thrastrulim Hammerfoot says as he lifts his mighty warhammer into his hands, and straps his heavy steel shield, with the symbol of the Soul Forger on the front, onto his other arm, breaking out into a dead run to try and catch the little green monster, the sound of thunder rumbling as the short little dwarf ran in his suit that weighed almost as much as he did.

HP 36/36
AC 22
Touch AC 10
Flat footed AC 22
Fort 6 Ref 0 Will 7

Double move action for 40ft. of movement as it is difficult terrain I believe that is only 20ft. moved for me however.
As I did not have spell list before this battle I will not use any spells this battle.

Ghostfoot
2016-09-26, 04:22 AM
Natali

"And they're never found alone either dwarf" she mutters at the dwarf's back as Thrastrulim charges after the goblin. "Careful, in case this one's a lure not a spotter" she says to the other two, then spurs her mount off the trail crashing through the undergrowth to cut off the goblin and help the dwarf, sword raised.

Double move: On horseback a double move should get me 50ft total movement in difficult terrain. Hopefully close enough to threaten and possibly obstruct the goblin.

Condition Fearless (immune to fear)
Bulwark of defence (all threatened squares are difficult terrain for foes that start their turn threatened by me)
Higher ground (+1 attack vs Medium or smaller foes when mounted)
Shield block (+1 shield AC vs the goblin)

Pol Detson
2016-09-26, 05:06 AM
Goblin shook his head, but did't stop his retreat. Halita' spell couldn’t take hold on its panicked mind.

Hammerfoot moved to chase, cutting some distance between him and the goblin, surprising fast in heavy armor, but unsurprising laud. Goblin look over his shoulder and curses under his breath.. as knight Natali guide her horse between trees to run next to him!

Goblin made the save vs Daze.

Thrastrulim 20 ft back, Natali catch up with goblin.

Sara's turn.

samduke
2016-09-26, 04:00 PM
Sara looking at the mist while traveling with her companions notices the goblin take off...

Gather information: [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

Actions: draw swords, then run(x4, 120ft) towards the goblin.

Pol Detson
2016-09-27, 12:17 PM
Sara tried to run, but even at the edge of the forest, few steps outside of muddy road, it was quite impossible. The forest was old and wild. The most of the Gray Forest was almost impenetrable, an enormous barrier of old trees, the dead ones fallen against the live and held to them by ivy, the living struggling up in competition with each other toward the sun which gave them life, the floor boggy through lack of drainage and decades of unchecked growth of underbush. Nothing like more tamed wilds, visited by timber merchants and their workers, who prune judiciously at the woods closer to Lyrabar.

Seeing four armed adventurers, goblin muttered last curse, ducking from under knight's sword, zing-zaging behind the tree and into tall (for goblin) shrubs. Using its pitiful size to its advantage and disappearing from sight .

Samduke: you can't run in difficult terrain. I count it as a double move.

Goblin takes withdraw action (taking no AoO), and then, as a part of movement, use hide. I rolled spot and this round no-one knows where the little piece of work is...

Creative ideas, my players?:smallsmile:

J-H
2016-09-27, 12:40 PM
Hilata

"Well, I think that tells us what we can expect up ahead. And the rat got away, too."

Hilata points ahead. "Still, he can only move so quickly; our concern is with what is left ahead of us."

Aparator al Zei
2016-09-27, 08:51 PM
"That rat is here somewhere boys, just have to make sure it has no where to run. After all it is trying to hide so it can't be moving any faster than I when I be trying to fight like Hilata said. If any of you got some flint and steel I say we try cutting of four sides and lighting the place on fire. Smoke the dirty little creature out of its hole and find out why it ran when it saw us. Than again, it no doubt has something to do with the smell of blood in the air." the old, at least by human comparison, dwarf says as he drops down into a more protected stance and tries to use the crystal on his hammer to burn away some of the undergrowth.

Standard Action Total Defense (+4 to AC for a total of 26 this round) Move action to move his full speed (20ft.) which I believe will only move him 10ft. foward in the undergrouth. The crystal is more of a I wounder if this can light things on fire than it does light things on fire.

Ghostfoot
2016-09-28, 02:12 AM
Natali

Natali halts her warhorse a few feet away from Thrastrulim. Sword drawn, she calls out once more to the goblin "Last chance. Get your scrawny worthless hide out here now before the dwarf finds you and you'll be treated fairly. Otherwise..."

As she calls out she keeps a sharp eye out for any movement.

Standard action: Intimidate [roll0]
Move action: Spot [roll1]

samduke
2016-09-28, 06:50 AM
Seeing the dirty little gobo go into the woods Sara finds her companions while putting her blades away

Pol Detson
2016-09-28, 08:31 AM
Knight' threat remained unanswered. Seems that throwing himself at a mercy of four armed and dangerous adventurers was less appealing to goblin than cowardly escape. No twig snapped and not a single shrub moved suspiciously. The gloom of dense forest under twilight sky was all that Swordpoints could see.

Ah, it seems that one got away.

Aparator al Zei
2016-09-28, 11:09 AM
"Bloody thunder humper." the dwarf curses as the goblin does not answer the knights challenge. Sure he was happy she had taken the time to run back over to him and help make sure he wasn't attacked all alone, but it had no doubt let the dam little beast escape. " Best be hoping that we didn't need whatever he had to say or else we be walking into a nest of kobolds when we get to town." the dwarf says with a worried expression. The lass was just on the side of the dam thing, why would she run back over to me, its not like the thing could have gotten past us all if we would have all spread out. Unless their is some kind of hiding hole here! the dwarf thinks hefting his hammer up in the air happily as he begins examining the ground for any sign of tampering, sure he had never heard of a goblin digging a tunnel before, but he had heard of goblins killing those who did.

To see if he notices anything unnatural about the ground, as if it has been worked slightly or something similar [roll0]

Finding no proof he was right the dwarf of Moradin turns to his companions, his grey bearded face looking back to the direction they were originally heading. "Best keep going I suppose no lasses? he says noting the irony of being the only male in the entire group, no doubt when they learned he could craft armor and weapons they would never want to pay to have their items taken care of by anyone else again.

J-H
2016-09-28, 11:10 AM
Hilata

"Yep, let's move on. I wish I'd bought a horse."

Ghostfoot
2016-09-28, 01:01 PM
Natali

"Agreed, Hilata. Let's proceed with caution. There's bound to be more of the murderous little rats about, and it seems that some poor souls may have run afoul of them today already."

Natali waits on the road until everybody has regrouped, before continuing on together.

samduke
2016-09-28, 01:35 PM
Yes let us continue or travels and be weary for where there is one gobo that's bound to be other nasty critters about. Sara rejoins the ground at the road keeping an ever watchfull eye out as they travel.

Pol Detson
2016-09-28, 02:46 PM
After cowardly and too lucky goblin slipped away, Swordpoints decided to move forward, to see and check on the source of blood-scent. Natali calmed down her nervous horse and they marched down the road, rounding the bend.

Mud mixed with blood covered the section of road, short broken arrow-shafts marked irregular patters. Chaotic and unreadable pattern of hoof prints, footprints and tracks showed on the blood-soaked ground.

Thrastrulim thanks to darkvision and being naturally perceptive could read some details; there were at least three or four horses with riders; all of them fought and died, surrendered by goblins and larger assailants - orcs or maybe hobgoblins. Tracks were no older than few hours.

But what was peculiar was missing bodies; the ambushers obviously collected their own, but the bodies of men were dragged to the dark forest. Dragged by something big.

Ok, examination of the scene would take several minutes, so we are after nightfall. If you wish to go into the forest to search for bodies, the effective illumination is complete darkness. Hammerfoot is fine thanks to darkvision, but rest of characters needs light.

J-H
2016-09-28, 03:02 PM
Hilata

"I think I know the problems the town is having... could this have been the previous group sent here?

But we should press on to town instead of chasing the bodies of the dead. Besides, we'd need to wait until morning unless we want to give ourselves away with light."

Hilata has at-will Light from her Gloves of the Starry Sky.

Ghostfoot
2016-09-28, 03:42 PM
Natali

"That was a bigger group - twenty or more the contract stated. But it could be that they got into trouble closer to the village and that some escaped and tried to make a break for it." She dismounts and has a quick look around, as best she can in the fading light.

@Pol Detson, when you say the party is "a few hours from Mist" can we still likely make it before things start to get too dark or are we pretty sure now that we're going to get caught out travelling past twilight into the hours of darkness?

Search [roll0] - looking for any signs of the identity of the victims - broken weapons/ insignia/ clothing etc that might ID them as soldiers/ paladins/ commoners etc

Condition
Fearless (immune to fear)

Aparator al Zei
2016-09-28, 08:22 PM
Thrastrulim may have the eyesight of a blind man during the daylight hours, proof of that being the cursed goblin getting away, however when it came to seeing things that humans could not in the dark he was easily better then they were. "Judging by the tracks it looks like at least three or four people on horses were ambushed here by a pack of goblins and something larger. Perhaps orcs or Hobgoblins, I am not sure however, my skills are not in the tracking down the enemies of the dwarven race." Thrastrulim admitted to the women in the group as he looked at the blood soaked ground, looking to see if any bodies were around. However upon finding none the dwarf began to wounder what sort of creature was strong enough to take out twenty armed men, four of them on horseback no less, and then still have enough manpower left to drag the bodies of both enemy and ally away, it didn't make any sense to the dwarf who had always lived his life under the mountains until his parents died and he became engaged.

" I suggest heading to the village swiftly, while I may be able to see in the dark with ease you lasses will need some form of light source, and that will give us away quicker than you can get a dwarf in a bar." Father Hammerfoot says looking at the fading light and doubting very much that the group would make it to the town before the darkness to hold, and that was even if the village still stood. Who knows what had happened to it if this battle was any indication.

I am ready to keep moving if the rest of the party is, which I believe we all agreed we were.

samduke
2016-09-30, 12:12 PM
Sara looks for a place to stay the night, as well as any shops that may be open.

Pol Detson
2016-09-30, 01:50 PM
Natali searched thoroughly the whole disturbing scene. The light provided by Hilata's gloves came in handy. She did found a scraps of cloth scraps in the place where the trial left by dragged bodies entered the forest. Deep blue colour and texture indicated that at least one person wore standard uniform of Impiltur' soldiers and men-at-arms.

Check OOC about information about marching during the night.

Ghostfoot
2016-10-01, 05:04 AM
Natali

"Wise words Thrastrulim. Let's get moving. We don't want to get caught out here by the greenskins like these poor souls". Her horse is looking exhausted from the day's travel so as they depart she walks alongside it like everybody else, bridle in hand.

samduke
2016-10-03, 10:55 AM
while traveling with her companions, Sara keeps an ever watchful eye out for the unknown that may want to strike out from the dark...

listen+3 [roll0]
search+5 [roll1]
spot+3 [roll2]
gatherinformation+5 [roll3]

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-03, 11:32 AM
"We best be finding camp soon, and someplace away from here if we want to at least wake up in the morning not prisoners." Thrast says using his darkvision to help guide the group as he asks them what he should be looking for.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Pol Detson
2016-10-03, 06:06 PM
The stars were hidden behind heavy and dense clouds and only the palest sliver of moon shone on the road behind and ahead of Swordpoints. The forest on both sides were nothing more than uniform walls of darkness for everyone exept Thrast.

But they could hear a sound of horn, above rustling leaves in the wind, close by from the side that goblin scout observed them. Thrast' not only could see the farthest, but also his ears were the most acute. A second, more distant horn answered the first. It was accompanied by howling of wolfs or their kin.

Natali decided to find a spot to defend from ambush, a defensive site to camp or fight. She found one; an obvious one. Not perfectly safe, but better than open road. Stone bridge, barely wider than merchant' wagon, spun two sides of shallow river dissecting the road.

J-H
2016-10-03, 07:36 PM
Hilata

"Good, we can sleep with the river and bridge between us and the goblins. I am tired, I'll take last watch."

To get 8 hours of rest we'll probably need to sleep for 10 hours.

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-03, 08:33 PM
As they arrive at the bridge Thast kicks the stone built structure, testing its durability. If the water was higher I could probably collapse the bridge and stop anyone from getting by with ease. he thinks as he looks at the work of stone. " Everyone we have two choices I can see at the moment, either way I will take first watch." He says before pointing to the bridge with his warhammer. "The first is I use my magic, and as a group we destroy the bridge supports so it collapses forcing most of our pursuers to at least find a new way across, or I turn the ground on the other side into mud as deep as I stand. Both options should slow them down, however depending on their numbers I don't know if I want to risk leaving the bridge standing." the dwarf states, giving his fellow swordpoints his views on their choices.

"The horns we heard, and the howls that came after. That dam goblin defiantly told his friends where we were so sleeping without making a few problems for these buggers will get us killed. And if you are sleeping I suggest you do so in a tree, at least you can use the leaves to hide you. Most predators don't look up to the sky when they think they are the hunter. And the blasted wolves or whatever they have no doubt can not climb."

Ghostfoot
2016-10-04, 02:33 AM
Natali

"The filthy rats have our scent by now, now doubt. I say we make a stand. The bridge will make a good focal point to draw them in and is easily defended. Better than being surrounding by the skulking greenskins. Bringing it down is a good option. I think we should save that surprise for later, especially if they bring any big friends with them we might be able to send them down with it.

In the meantime we should get some rest. It could be a long night."

With that Natali starts preparing her bedroll next to her warhorse, removing a few unlit torches from her saddlebag and laying them next to her, offering more around should anyone need one for later. She stays fully armoured, ready for the inevitable warning.

Natali will take second watch, which I guess leaves third watch for Sara.

Pol Detson
2016-10-04, 05:37 AM
It seems that the goblin' allies were not far behind, nor they cared for being stealthy. Not a minute after they made a camp, set the bedrolls and set the first watch, a wolf howl and horn signal sounded from road behind them. Close behind them. The pale moonlight broke through the clouds, offering light for an inevitable fight.

Battle grid. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QdS1M-KbTISJhI5q9CctLjYwWXfv7G88UDgNsd4b538/edit?usp=sharing)

You have 2 round to prepare. Use it well, it won't be an easy fight.

J-H
2016-10-04, 08:07 AM
Hilata

"They'd have caught us if we kept going, anyway," Hilata says. She cast a pair of spells, and stands there, there, there, and there waiting.

Fog Cloud, duration 50 minutes. 20' radius, with the closest edge of the cloud obscuring row 8, so a centerpoint of J11:K12. Maybe some of the goblins will fall into the drink.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fogCloud.htm
Mirror Image [roll0] images, duration 5 minutes
Hilata in L5 with images in L4, L6, and K5.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/mirrorImage.htm

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-04, 10:55 AM
"Dam fool's attack us while we are all awake still. That will cost them." Thrast says as he retreats back to the other side of the bridge with his allies and begins intoning a prayer to the gods to for this moment work together as one to stop these goblins from causing any more harm in these lands.

Move action to J5 so he is standing side by side with Hilata
Standard action Casting Interfaith Blesing (http://alcyius.com/dndtools/spells/complete-champion--57/interfaith-blessing--609/index.html) which lasts for 5 minutes

EDIT

Round 2

With the group blessed as well as he could, Thrast picks up three heavy looking stones and asks the soul forger to imbue them with magical potential so that he may be able to at least distract their opponents while his allies did battle with them on the front line. Something the stubborn old dwarf would much rather be doing, however given he was needed to bring down the bridge if his allies needed to escape he knew where his place was.

samduke
2016-10-04, 12:42 PM
You have 2 round to prepare. Use it well, it won't be an easy fight.

Q: are the goblins attacking from the side of the river that most of us are on or the opposite side from us?
I am going to presume the opposite side unless informed otherwise...

Actions rounds 1,2: disperse 2 bags of marbles 1 at J9 and the other at K9, draw both swords and return to the others at K4,
EDIT: Hold action for the first Foe that is across the marbles area: then move to melee range : then attempt to intimidate (Demoralize opponent) the foe Intimidate +16 [roll0] -

Ghostfoot
2016-10-04, 04:19 PM
Natali

Natali's mouth is held stern but her eyes glitter and betray her anticipation of the combat. She grabs her shield and mounts up, ready to hold the flank.

Move action: Pick up shield
Move action: Mount horse

Move action: Ready shield (strap it on)
Move action: Draw sword, move to H4H5:I4I5

AC 23, Touch 14, Flat-footed 21, Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 5
+1 Breastplate, +1 Heavy wooden shield (+6 Armor, +3 Shield, +2 Dex, +2 Misc)
Condition
Combat Reflexes: can AoO while flat-footed
Higher ground (+1 attack vs Medium or smaller foes when mounted)
Interfaith blessing (+2 sacred bonus to AC, included in above stats)

Warhorse: scent, low-light vision, interfaith blessing (+2 damage); Active skill trick: Defend

Pol Detson
2016-10-05, 02:00 PM
Cleric of Moradin blessed all his allies, beseeching not only Soul Forger, but all the good and gracious gods for favours, then blessing three stones. Hilata worked her devious magic and with last word the fog engulfed bridge and road behind it. Then another spell split her into four, three illusion and her in flesh and blood. Natali prepered her arms and shield. Sara set quick trap on the bridge and returned in line.

Quick moment after they stood in line a heavy tud! , fallowed by loud grunt of equal pain and surprise. The fighter' trap worked. Sara sprinted across bridge and shouted at bulky, massive and ugly brute. He was at least eight feet tall and quite confused as he clutched to gnarled club. An ogre!

The howls and surprised shouts in goblin were accompanied by two arrows, which exited the fog high above dwarf' head, utterly harmless.

It will be confusing fight.

Battle grid. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QdS1M-KbTISJhI5q9CctLjYwWXfv7G88UDgNsd4b538/edit?usp=sharing)

Sara, you can ready only standard or move action, not both. I will let that one slide, but keep it in mind for next time.

Roll vs Demoralization:[roll0]

Note that fog blocks line of sight. Your initiative is 11. I rolled for your enemies, but you know nothing about them, so I'll keep it private for time being. The enemy visible to Sara is prone and shaken, and his initiative is 3.

Your turn(s).

J-H
2016-10-05, 02:11 PM
Hilata

"Well, that's a good start," Hilata murmurs. She readies a spell for the first foe to become visible.

Can I see the ogre through the corner of the fog? Hard to tell.
Readied action to cast Daze on the first visible enemy (preferably the ogre now, if Hilata can see him), Will DC 13 or lose a turn.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/daze.htm

samduke
2016-10-05, 02:31 PM
Sara's Actions
Free/Swift: Identify Foe, knowledge check: [roll0] in order to tell the others what it is on the bridge.

Combat: Full Attack +9: < Foe is Prone and shaken >
PH-6 [roll1] , OH-10 [roll2]
< Confirm Crits PH [roll3], OH [roll4]
Damage PH [roll5] OH [roll6]

Pol Detson
2016-10-05, 02:40 PM
Hilata casted another spell, seeing a bulky figure and the spell failed against giant-kin mind!

Sara slashed twice, but wild and instinctive sweep of ogre's club forced her to take step back, and blades passed through fog.

Save vs daze [roll0] failed (edit: -2 from shaken!). Ogre is dazed. Daze, 0 level, works only against humanoids.

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-05, 08:04 PM
I thought more people were on the bridge? Assuming I am going by the map where it shows only Sara and the O

As the priest of the Soul Forger notes the fallen enemy he slowly takes his time to aim the pebble in his hand before letting it fly across the battlefield hoping to hit the fallen enemy that was just barely visible in the fog.

Attack roll [roll0] (-4 for throwing into melee, +2 normal)
Damage [roll1]

Ghostfoot
2016-10-06, 03:59 AM
Natali

Hearing the loud thud and seeing Sara engaged with something on the bridge Natali leaps from her horse and dashes forward, slashing down with all her strength at the huge brute scrambling on the stone.

Free Move action: Swift dismount (Ride DC20 otherwise move action) [roll0]
Move action: Move to J8
Standard action: longsword vs ogre [roll1] (incl +4 prone, -5 power attack) damage [roll2]
concealment 1-20 misses [roll3]

Hopefully positioned for an AoO if it rises.

Condition
Shield block (+1 shield AC vs ogre)
Power Attack ( -5 attack, +5 damage)

Pol Detson
2016-10-06, 04:42 AM
Priest notes the fallen enemy, but hitting into the fog, between his companion is difficult. The stone disappear into the fog.

Natali, seeing her brilliant strategy, hitting all at once in the most advantageous chokepoint, not surviving contact with the enemy, decided to join the melee. Her horse, sensing the stench of ogre and goblins, was less than cooperative. What could be a smooth move, become awkward jump. She got to Sara' side in time to see ogre standing.

Brute stood up, yet again stepping on scattered marbles, and two women imminently used the opportunity to strike. Both slashed through ogre' primitive armor. Red blood splashed into mist.

The ogre retaliated against Sara, hitting her in legs with club. The pain was overwhelming.

The other enemies didn't waste the time. One of them swam through the calm stream and emerged in front of Hilata. This creature has the apelike posture and rubber green skin, but it is merely the size of a large human. Its claw were black and inhuman, its bestial visage bespoke kinship to trolls.

AoO Natali: [roll0]; crit:[roll1] damage: [roll2] miss: [roll3]
AoO Sara: [roll4]; crit:[roll5] damage: [roll6] miss: [roll7]

Ogre: [roll8] (-4); crit:[roll9](-4) damage: [roll10] miss: [roll11]

Ogre is prone and shaken. Sara takes 13 damage.

New enemy emerge on L6.

Your turns. Remember to roll miss chances: d100 and and >20 hit.

J-H
2016-10-06, 07:40 AM
Hilata

Hilata steps back, her mirror images blurring together as a blast of bright rainbow colors coruscates from her hands.

She is now in K4, with images at K5, L4, and L5.
Color Spray, Will DC 14, cone with the western edge along column L so it doesn't hit our two bridge-battlers.

Pol Detson
2016-10-06, 08:13 AM
The moment beguiler moved back, the black claws passed harmlessly in front of her face. Magical spray painted the fog with many colours, but didn't stun the beast. Cunning, hate-filled eyes observed shifting images..

Troll takes AoO, misses horribly and makes his will safe.

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-06, 11:00 AM
"By Moradin's Hammer!" the dwarf in heavy armor swore as he saw the creature larger than him with black claw like nails emerge from the river. "Don't worry Las I'll deal with this." The noble dwarf said as Thrastrulim Hammerfoot placed his body in the direct way of the ugly creature, before raising his hammer, trying to crack the creatures skull before its deadly claws had a chance to taste any flesh.

Thrastrulim takes a 5ft. step to K6 (saying the others are filled with Mirror images)
Standard Action Melee attack with Dwarvencraft Warhammer [roll0] (+6BAB ,+1 Masterwork, +1 weapon focus) Damage [roll1] +1 fire damage

Special If this creature is of the giant type Thrast gains a +4 bonus to AC against it.

HP 36/36
AC 24 (28 against giants)

Ghostfoot
2016-10-07, 05:05 AM
Natali

Natali barks a quick command to her trained horse. Ducking the wild swing of the club she returns her focus to the combat at hand and strikes out again slashing at the hulking ogre.

Move action: Order warhorse to switch from : "Defend" to "Guard" skill trick so it will guard our flank (it's still at H4H5:I4I5).
Standard action: longsword vs ogre [roll0] damage [roll1] misses [roll2]

Condition
Shield block (+1 shield AC vs ogre)

Warhorse: scent, low-light vision, interfaith blessing (+2 damage)

Pol Detson
2016-10-07, 11:03 AM
Creature twist away from dwarven-carft hammer, dodging by a width of a hair. The blow landed on soft river bank.

Natali' sword arced down, biting deep into the ogre shoulder. The gush of blood and scream of pain pierced the fog.

Samduke' turn.

samduke
2016-10-07, 07:09 PM
Sara Actions

Attack PH [roll0] OH [roll1]
confirm crit:PH [roll2] OH [roll3]
Miss PH[roll4] OH[roll5]
Damage PH[roll6] OH[roll7] <- opps wrong roll

Pol Detson
2016-10-08, 01:29 AM
Sara half-stepped, twisted and drove her scimitar down. It fell like executioner axe, severing head of flailing brute. The ugly thing rolled and rested close to the armoured legs of Natali. The women exchanged glance, but there was no more time.

Worg' riders were across river. The wet and furious wolf-creatures carried three goblins. Two on right and one on left, joining the clawed monster. All three imminently joined fray, their swords all finding blood. God' blessing failed the cleric as blade pierced one of less armoured joints, leaving bleeding wound on his arm. The lone horse missed worg's skull with hoofs and bit off wolf' ear, but when lowering its head both goblin slashed at it sides.

The clawed monster reached for Hilata' mirages, shredding one of them and missing the other. Then it stepped closer, its back to the forest.

Ogre is dead.

? against mirror images on K5 and L5 [roll0]; [roll1];
? takes 5ft step on L5.

There is lot of dice, so for sake of brevity:

Horse use ready action and full attack worg on I6; misses with hoofs, but his bite deals 5 damage.

Both hobgoblins hit the horse with longswords dealing 13 damage. Third one scores natural 20, don't confirm critical hit against Thrast, dealing 7 damage.

Your turns.

Ghostfoot
2016-10-08, 03:43 AM
Natali

With the ogre brute slain Natali spins and steps toward the nearest worg rider, keeping her shield raised even as she slashes out at the fierce worg it rides.

Not-an-action: 5ft step to J7
Standard action: longsword vs worg [roll0] damage [roll1] miss chance <20 [roll2]

Condition
Shield block (+1 shield AC vs I6 worg)
Power Attack (-2 attack, +2 damage)

Natali's Warhorse (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=969236)
Heavy Warhorse , Level 4, Init 1, HP 17/30, Speed 50ft
AC 14, Touch 10, Flat-footed 13, Fort 7, Ref 5, Will 2, Base Attack Bonus 3
Hoof x2 +6 (1d6+4, x2)
Bite +1 (1d4+2, x2)
No armour (+1 Dex, -1 Size, +4 Natural)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 6
Condition
Scent,
Low-light vision,
Interfaith blessing (+2 damage, not included in above stats)
Skill tricks: attack, come, defend, down, guard, and heel

J-H
2016-10-08, 08:50 AM
Hilata
Hilata steps back; her gloves glow briefly, and three purple missiles shoot out at the forest troll.

5' step to J3. Using 1/3 charges and a level 1 spell slot for Magic Missile. [roll0]

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-08, 09:53 PM
"Nug Humper!" Thrast curses as the blade of his enemy finds a weak point in his armor and pushes through to his skin below. The bloody thing hurt him, the child of Moradin. It would learn to regret its last action the dwarf thinks to himself as he throws his shield up into the worg like creatures face to momentarily blind the creature as his hammer came in from its blind spot, trying to split its skull in two.

Fighting defensively (-4 attack +2 dodge bonus to AC)
Attack roll [roll0] Damage [roll1] +1 fire damage

HP 29/36
AC 26 against all targets except F which is the target of my dodge feat AC 27 vs him.

Ghostfoot
2016-10-09, 05:42 AM
Natali's horse

The destrier rears and lashes out at the nearby assailants...

Sorry I should have rolled attacks for the horse in my last post rather than leave yet another task for the DM. Please ignore if you wish to overrule and have it do something other than attack.

Full attack vs random enemies
Hoof [roll0] damage [roll1]
Hoof [roll2] damage [roll3]
Bite [roll4] damage [roll5]

samduke
2016-10-09, 12:39 PM
(On phone can't roll) Sara's actions dancing fient ability to j6 attacking worg at i6 - bluff check effectively as part of the combat attack - attack both swords ( if gm wants to roll for me otherwise - Monday sometime)

Pol Detson
2016-10-09, 01:52 PM
Everything happens almost at once.

Beguiler's false images take steps back with him and Hilata seared troll's flesh with three points of light as the beast lunged step forward and struck at all Hilata' visages in front of him. First claw dispersed false image to her right, but second missed her by inches and the bite didn't reach last image to her left. Trolls wounds were half-healed in instant.

Moradin' cleric tried to cleverly use the shield, but experienced hobgoblin soldier read through it. Rider and his worg avoided swinging hammer.

Natali strike wasn't more successful. Sacrificing accuracy for strength didn't pay off this time.Sara fallowed in her step, but instead of striking, she danced elaborate feint in front of worg.. if the wolf creature was surprised, it didn't show, because warhorse savaged it kicking and biting. The beast barely cling to life.

The hobgoblin's discipline held. Both riders circles around the destrier; the wounded worg snaps at the horse, distracting it from the other rider-beast pair and it's fatal. Hobgoblin' sword pierced horse's side and ended it life.

Thrast' defensive stance and armour proved effective as both worg and its rider are unable to land a hit.

@Ghostfoot, much appreciated.:smallsmile:

@Aparator al Zei, I am looking at your sheet and you don't have dodge feat (and with 8 DEX you can't have it), what am I missing?

@Samduke, Dancing Feint is standard action as normal buff Feint and the penalty against non-humanoid foes as worgs still apply. Taking this in consideration I still rolled for it, and it proven quite ineffective.

So, the troll take 5 ft step and full attack splitting claw, claw, bite between three targets. He hit only once. One mirror image less.

Both worgs take 5ft steps to the side to both flanking bonuses. Horse takes 4 attacks for total of 26 points of damage and dies.

Third hobgoblin and worg both miss against Thrast.

Your turns.

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-09, 10:51 PM
Thrasts watches with utter rage burning in his eyes as the riders danced around his hammer and killed the noble steed that had tried defending them all. A fire burned within the priest of Moradin, no doubt fueled by the soul forgers forge itself as he struck out with his hammer, no longer on the defensive as he tried to bring down the rider on his right.

[roll0] Damage [roll1] +1 fire damage if hit

samduke
2016-10-11, 11:06 AM
Sara's Actions

Dancing Feint [roll0]
Attack PH [roll1] OH [roll2]
confirm crit:PH [roll3] OH [roll4]
if this applies Miss PH [roll5] OH [roll6]
Damage PH [roll7] OH [roll8]

J-H
2016-10-11, 11:29 AM
Hilata

"We're being outflanked!" she cries out, frustrated that she can't use her best spells due to the close quarters. Hilata steps back, bright colors momentarily lighting up the night again.

OK, so no setting up for glitterdust this round...

5' step back to J2 (with images following), and Color Spray Will DC 14 in a 15' cone south. That hits the forest troll and the hobgoblin+warg in J5.

Pol Detson
2016-10-11, 11:49 AM
The small creature thrown itself out of the way of Thrast' hammer. It swung an inch from goblin's head.

The feint worked against wounded worg in a roundabout way; the creature rider, distracted, hesitated moment too long opening his beast to the strike. The blade struck true, splitting creature' head. The rider tumbled down.

Beguiler stepped back, only one mirror image between her and claws of the forest troll. She chanted the spell and another spray of colours erupted toward enemies. Its effect was devastating. The troll stopped moving and hobgoblin fell unconscious.

@samduke, I am counting your Off hand attack as an roll scarified to get feint. The feint worked against worg, the text is fluff.

The worg is dead. The rider is prone.

Will vs CS. Hob: [roll0]; troll [roll1]

Both fail. The hob is unconscious and the forest troll is stunned and blinded.

Ghostfoot
2016-10-11, 11:01 PM
Natali

She steps back in towards the worgs shield raised, barely sparing a thought for her fallen horse. It had been a good mount but against worg riders at least the poor beast had a swift end. As the body count mounts Natali strikes out again with her bloodied longsword.

Not-an-action: 5ft step to I6
Standard action: longsword vs worg H5 [roll0] damage [roll1] miss chance <20 [roll2]

Potential AoO vs prone hobgoblin J5 (if he stands): longsword [roll3] damage [roll4] miss chance <20 [roll5]

Condition
Shield block (+1 shield AC vs worg)
Power Attack (-5 attack, +5 damage)

Pol Detson
2016-10-12, 04:05 AM
Natali blade' tasted the blood of ogre, and now added the blood of worg. The beast howled in pain. But the raider shouted an order in goblin

Kill the mage!

Both riders circled around the heroes, first avoiding the Natali' blade, second was hit by hammer, the flame burst in the night shadows.

The riders attack exposed begulier, coordinating their strikes; first goblin blade took Hilata' mirror image; second bit into her real flesh. The both worgs snapped at her, but she miraculously avoided their teeth.

@Ghostfoot:I used the AoO roll from your post. The prone hobogoblin on J5 is unconscious as noted.
Thrast AoO: [roll0] crit: [roll1] [roll2] Hit.

Last mirror image is no more. Hilata takes 5 damage.

Your turns.

J-H
2016-10-12, 07:13 AM
Hilata

Hilata spits a word of magic, making one of the hobgoblins think someone is behind him. She takes advantage of his distraction to sidestep, and then glowing motes fill the air, blinding many of her foes.

Swift action: Distract Assailant targeted on the K2 hobgoblin. Will Save DC 14 or it's rendered flat-footed, which gives it a -1 on saves against me this round, and keeps it from making AOOs.

5' step to K1

Glitterdust, 10' radius centered on J3:K4. Hits K2R, G, and F.
Will save DC 15 or blinded; K2R has a -1 on its save.
No AOO caused by casting if Distract Assailant hits.

Pol Detson
2016-10-12, 09:25 AM
Hilata cast two quick spells. The hobgoblin is but the worg snaps at her when she cast the blinding spell, but his jaws miss the beguiler. The burst affects all intended foes save for one worg.

Hoboblin K2:
Will vs DA:[roll0]
Will vs Gliterdust:[roll1]
Worg K2
Will vs Gliterdust:[roll2]
G: Will vs Gliterdust:[roll3]
Troll vs Gliterdust [roll4]

All fail sans Worg K2.

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-12, 10:56 AM
"Natali, Sara!" Thrast calls out as he swings his hammer at the hobgoblin in front of Sara. "Go help Hilata, I will try and take care of these two." the dwarf says not wanting his friend that wore less armor than the rest of them being focused on by the enemy.

5ft. step to K5
Coup De grace the unconcious hobgoblin for [roll0] Damage +1 fire damage If it would survive the attack it must make a fortitude save or instantly die from the attack anyway.

samduke
2016-10-12, 11:12 AM
( OOC GM that enemy red blends to well with the red of the road/bridge )

Sara's Action - presuming the goblin is dead on her action <-Edit

5ft Move to K5
PH: [roll0] OH: [roll1]
confirm crit: PH: [roll2] OH: [roll3]
if applicable miss PH: [roll4] OH: [roll5]
Damage: PH: [roll6] OH: [roll7]

Ghostfoot
2016-10-12, 11:41 PM
Natali

Natali whispers a curse as the worg & rider twist away from her blade to chase down Hilata. She's not going to let them get away that easily! "Good" she grunts to Thrast as she launches herself into the shadows.

Full round action: Charge! longsword vs worg I2 [roll0] damage [roll1] miss chance <20 [roll2]

Condition
Charge -2 AC (included above)

Pol Detson
2016-10-13, 04:27 AM
It was quick. Cleric of Moradin shattered helpless hobgoblin skull. Natali charged at the worg, surprising her enemy with speed in armor; the beast doesn't stand a chance; the blade run straight through its side piercing heart. Blinded goblin just fall, thrown from his saddle.

Sara slashed at healed and stunned troll and one of her blades hits its hide, cutting deep wound.

The fallen hobgoblin rolled and jumped to his feet only to be hit with knight's blade. The wounds was deep and near fatal. He staggered to counter with straight stab at Natali' stomach, but it was too weak to pierce' armour.

Troll' wounds healed but it was still unable to even move. The last worg and hobgoblin rider lashed out blindly, but missed Hilata.

Troll is stunned; hobgoblin on 2I provokes AoO from Natali as he stands and takes 10 damage. All enemies fail their attacks.

Your turns.

Ghostfoot
2016-10-13, 04:46 AM
Natali

Parrying its clumsy blow she batters the weapon aside and swings again at the hobgoblin with her longsword.

Standard action: longsword vs hobgoblin I2 [roll0] damage [roll1] miss chance <20 [roll2]
Not-an-action: (only if hobgoblin drops) 5ft step to J3

Condition

J-H
2016-10-13, 07:39 AM
Hilata

Hilata steps back, readying her magic in case another foe appears.

5' step back to J0.
Readied action to cast Sleep if more enemies come across the bridge or over the river.

samduke
2016-10-13, 10:54 AM
( OOC GM that enemy red blends to well with the red of the road/bridge )

Sara's Action - presuming the goblin is dead on her action <-Edit

5ft Move to K5
PH: [roll0] OH: [roll1]
confirm crit: PH: [roll2] OH: [roll3]
if applicable miss PH: [roll4] OH: [roll5]
Damage: PH: [roll6] OH: [roll7]

(OOC GM you have me in the wrong square I should be in K5 not J5]
Sara's Actions

Dancing Feint [roll0]
Attack PH [roll1]
Confirm Crit PH [roll2]
if applicable MISS [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-13, 11:15 AM
In post Number 66 I had Thrast move when he coup de graced to K5, which is a post before Samdukes, however I notice now looking at the map you put neither of us in the mentioned square K5. Just to let you know so when you read my post it adds up.

The stone faced dwarf watches with grim satisfaction as Sara cuts down the forest troll before him. It was not what he had asked her to do, given how he was supposed to stay near the bridge incase it needed to be brought down, but there was no helping that now. All he could do is react to the situation around him.

Seeing the remaining pair of worg and rider still to close to his friend for liking he calls out to the Soul Forger. " Moradin shaper of stone, giver of life from the stone. Head my prayers and may your holy hammer strike down the enemies that wish my allies harm." the priest calls out as a spectrual warhammer begins to take shape before he hurls it with his mind at the worg, hoping to stop it from ever hurting anyone again.

Standard action Casting Spirtual weapon for it to attack the worg in K2
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Thrast curses under his breath as he watches Sara once again not listen to him and keep attacking the enemies closer to the bridge instead of protecting their allies. He couldn't move far from the bridge or risk giving up the advantage they had here. "Girl I thought I told you to go help the others. If I go there will be no one to bring the bloody bridge down in time." he calls out to her as he strikes out with his hammer, not moving from his location.

Staying in K5 in this instance [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Pol Detson
2016-10-13, 11:57 AM
OOC: I put Sara in closes available space and forgot to move Thrast. Sorry for confusion. Current map is a-ok.

The knight and hobgoblin regular continued their dance. Natali blade missed by a width of a hair and goblin's was deflected by knight' shield.

Hilata watched the fog, but no new enemies came out of it. The current enemies, the unblided worg fallowed her. The wild swings of goblin missed her by inches and the chain shirt stopped worgs teeth.

The troll received another wound from Sara' hand, but the cleric hammer merly struck it hide as the Dwarf' grip slipped on weapon.

Troll regained his senses, except for sight and bolted to Thrast' right. Both Sara and Hammerfoot attacks hit his hide, but the troll was determined to reach the bridge. Then he lunged for dwarf and grab him in primitive wrestling hold! The black claws found chink in the armour, but the poison on it failed against legendary dwarven resistance.

Ok, so everyone pretty much missed everyone except Sara. The troll moved to bridge taking two AoO for total of 12 damage; and then grapples at Thrast. Both AoO was used so he don't get AoO this time.. and he successfuly hold dwarf in grapple (yes, I counted +4 AC vs giants).

The dwarf get natural damage of 4 and save vs poison (DC 17) [roll0] If fail [roll1] CON damage.

Hilata loses her readied action.

Your turns.

J-H
2016-10-13, 12:30 PM
Hilata steps back again, her gloves flaring and firing three glowing bolts of energy at the un-blinded worg that keeps hounding her.

Pun intended. :)
5' step to J3.
Using the 2nd of 3 charges for Magic Missile [roll0] against the worg in K5.

Ghostfoot
2016-10-13, 01:23 PM
Natali

The knight clangs her sword on her shield, shouting out a fighting challenge to the assailants as the troll grapples with the stout dwarf "By Ilmater's wounds, fight me!"

Swift: Test of mettle (Anything CR3+ and Int 5+ must Will DC 15 or must attack me. Lasts 8 rounds)
Full round: Total defense +4 dodge to AC

AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-footed 25, Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 5
+1 Breastplate, +1 Heavy wooden shield (+6 Armor, +3 Shield, +2 Dex, +6 Misc)
Condition
Shield block (+1 shield AC vs troll)
Total defence +4 dodge bonus to AC (included above)

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-13, 07:36 PM
Just saying I hate grappling, if you want to escape a grapple you have to grapple, if you want to draw a light weapon, you have to grapple. If you want to fart you have to grapple, and if you failed your grapple check the chances of you escaping a grapple are very slim. Well time to try to ungrapple by grappling...

Thrast is caught off guard as the troll launches itself at his body, grabbing onto his heavily reinforced armor and not letting go as it uses its close proximity to gouge at the spot between the gauntlets and armplate, making the dwarf drop his trusty warhammer. " I thought this thing was hit by your spell." the cleric of Moradin calls out to Hilata as he tries to draw his light hammer he used for repairs and game to knock the creature off of him.

Move action Grapple check to draw light weapon [roll0]
If successful he will deal [roll1] damage with his light hammer to the troll

Pol Detson
2016-10-14, 06:05 AM
Hilata magic struck at worg. The beast fur and flesh burned and worg howled in fury and pain.

Knight shouted her challange against the troll and took more defensive stance, but the troll was entangled with dwarf and flanked by fighter. It's in no position to fight you. The dwarf tries to get to the light weapon on his belt, but the troll' claw hold him and he can't move.

Magic! and the Test of Mettle has a clause:

An opponent compelled to act in this manner is not thrown into a mindless rage and does not have to move to attack you in melee if doing so would provoke attacks of opportunity against him. In such a case, he can use ranged attacks against you or attack any opponents he threatens as normal. If anyone other than you attacks the target, the effect of the test of mettle ends for that specifi c target

So, it has no effect, because Aparator is attacking and Sara is threatening AoO if troll moves.

Grapple: [roll0]
@Aparator al Zei: you still need to roll an attack with -4; you deal automatic damage with unarmed or natural weapon. EDIT: or not, because troll wins the grapple.

@samduke turn.

samduke
2016-10-14, 01:20 PM
Saras Actions

Full Attack:
PH [roll0] OH [roll1]
confirm crit: PH [roll2] OH [roll3]
if applicable MISS PH [roll4] OH [roll5]
Damage PH [roll6] OH [roll7]

then presuming the troll is still alive on the next couple of rounds sara will follow the troll to maintain melee range and continue the attack, - if the troll is dead at any point sara will go full defensive until I can post again on Monday.
<IF applicable>

next round Vs. Troll
move to melee troll
PH [roll8] OH [roll9]
confirm crit: PH [roll10] OH [roll11]
if applicable MISS PH [roll12] OH [roll13]
Damage PH [roll14] OH [roll15]

next round Vs. Troll
move to melee troll
PH [roll16] OH [roll17]
confirm crit: PH [roll18] OH [roll19]
if applicable MISS PH [roll20] OH [roll21]
Damage PH [roll22] OH [roll23]

Pol Detson
2016-10-14, 01:50 PM
The troll suffered another cut from the blade, this time it was healed almost instantly, yet his other wounds remained in place. The troll snared, the troll hauled! Dwarf was dragged on the bridge and then troll twisted, plunding them both into the river!

Thrast sunk like an anvil. Troll weighted him down, trying its best to force his face into soft mud of riverbed.

The goblin used the distraction to swing his sword at defending knight only to met the steel shield. The furious worg and its blinded rider also failed to harm the nimble beguiler.

You are hard to hit..

Grapple: dwarf [roll0] troll [roll1]

Troll win the grapple and moves! The AoO from Sara misses and the troll take steps K10-K11-L12; Hammerfoot and Forest Trolls are now underwater. The swim check is DC 10 and you need the grapple check to move.

@samduke, do you still wants to fallow the troll? Because it will be interesting.

Ghostfoot
2016-10-14, 02:26 PM
Natali

Leaving Sara and Thrast to tackle to troll Natali eyes the worg rider bearing down on Hilata and tries to cut her way past the hobgoblin blocking her.

Standard action: longsword vs hobgoblin I6 [roll0] damage [roll1] miss chance <20 [roll2]
Move action: move to J5 to flank worg + rider. Potential AoO from hobgoblin.

Condition
Shield block (+1 shield AC vs hobgoblin, or worg if hobgoblin is dead)

J-H
2016-10-14, 03:23 PM
Hilata

Hilata steps back from the warg and its blinded rider, then shines; she seems to fade to black-and-white and then vanishes entirely, as the iridescent color fades from her form into a shining beam that hits the worg right in the eyes!

5' step to K2.
Blinding Color Surge (PHB2 p 104) Will D15 or the worg is blinded for 1 round.
Also, Hilata is invisible for 5 rounds whether or not the worg fails its save.

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-14, 08:59 PM
Fighting his way trying to break free of the stupid troll who was dragging him underwater the dwarf tries to pull the two of them back to land.

Grapple check to move yay.... [roll0]
Swim check because grappling wasn't bad enough, oh wait its an auto failure because even a natural 20 can't beat a 10....

Pol Detson
2016-10-16, 07:06 AM
Natali beheaded the wounded hobgoblin and move to strike at the last one standing. Hilata' spell blinded the worg and the disoriented beast appears to be unable to fallow her. It turn to snaps at the knight, going for the legs while the hobgoblin slashed from overhead. Knight armour withstood both hits.

Dwarf, weighted by his armour, yet he was able to force the troll to loose his grip and stood on his feet in mud. He dragged the creature to the river' bank The creature claws searched for a weak spots, not finding any. Sara imminently run to the side of troll and one of her blades sunk into the monster flesh.

Worg fail his save and is blinded for a round. Both hobogblin and worgs fail to roll high enough.

And the main attraction! The grapple checks:
vs Thrast move attempt [roll0] Annnd... the dwarf wins the re-roll. Hammerfoot is on solid, dry land again!
Damage: Troll [roll1] dwarf [roll2].
If troll wins damage: [roll3], poison (DC 17) [roll4] If fail [roll5] CON

I made use of the second rolls of Sara.

Your turns.

J-H
2016-10-16, 07:40 AM
Hilata
Hilata steps a bit farther away from the warg, then becomes visible again as she begins casting a spell.

5' step to K1.
Casting Sleep, which is a full round action and takes effect at the beginning of my next turn (end of the enemy's turn). Targeted on the troll, hoping it has 4HD or fewer. Will DC14 negates.

Ghostfoot
2016-10-17, 05:20 AM
Natali

With the blinded worg still snapping viciously toward her and the rider hacking away she drops down and tries to cut the wicked mount from under it.

Standard action: longsword vs worg J4 [roll0] damage [roll1] miss chance <20 [roll2]
Not-an-action: 5ft step to I4

Condition
Shield block (+1 shield AC vs worg, or hobgoblin if the worg drops)

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-17, 12:15 PM
Trying to place some distance between the water and his heavily armored body, the dwarf once more tried dragging the troll with him away from the waters edge.

Grapple check to move to L8 or if possible further away from the water [roll0]

samduke
2016-10-17, 06:08 PM
Sara's actions

Move to K5 then attack the worg at J4

attack PH [roll0] OH [roll1]
Damage PH [roll6] OH [roll7]

Pol Detson
2016-10-17, 06:45 PM
The worg and rider stood no chance against knight and fighter. The fighter run toward the beast and sunk curved blade in the side. The knight expertly used the opening to kill the goblin in one strike.

Troll and dwarf wrestled, but the troll got upper hand this time, but it decided to withdraw instead of attacking. It suddenly lurched into the forest. The Hilata spell appears not to have effect on it and the radiant dust that illuminated the forest trolll winked out, Darkness hid its form from all humans.

Thrast still could see it, mere steps away.

The worg was so low that either of you would kill it. So I re-directed Natali strike on goblin. Both enemies are dead.

The troll grapples:
vs move [roll0]
to escape Troll [roll1] dwarf [roll2]
Will if fail: [roll3]
Troll runs, he succeeded on will.

samduke
2016-10-18, 10:52 AM
See later post as you cant edit in rolls

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-18, 10:59 AM
As the troll tries to escape Thrast throws himself at it, trying to grapple it so he could buy time for the others to get over there and help him defeat it before it escaped like the last enemy had, but he makes sure to take his light hammer out first this time.

Charging grapple attack [roll0]
Grapple check vs troll [roll1]
If grapple is successful attack roll with light weapon [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Used move action to draw light hammer

samduke
2016-10-18, 11:36 AM
sara's actions

EDIT
IF the Troll has not disappeared into the trees...
Move to M9 and melee the troll
attack PH [roll0] OH [roll1]
Damage PH [roll6] OH [roll7] - wrong die - should be 1d8+3 and 1d8+1 if gm wants to roll for them

Otherwise
Sara moves to L8 and then
Hold action waiting for any enemy to re-appear from the forest

Ghostfoot
2016-10-19, 04:45 AM
Natali

Natali joins the chase as the creature tries to escape. She runs after Sara and Thrast, plunging through the undergrowth and swinging at the troll but unable to see clearly in the dimming light.

Move action: Move to N9
Standard action: longsword vs troll [roll0] damage [roll1] miss chance <20 [roll2] :smallannoyed:

Condition
Shield block (+1 shield AC vs troll)

J-H
2016-10-19, 07:38 AM
Hilata

Hilata casts another spell, and four yellowish globes of light appear in a line across what she thinks the troll's path was.

Dancing Lights, 4 lights in a 20' string (10' radius spell) in front of where the troll likely is, so that everyone can see it.

Pol Detson
2016-10-19, 11:53 AM
The forest was flooded with light; troll had nowhere to hide.

The dwarf used the troll tactics against him, holding it in place. The knight, seeing thanks to Hilata spell was almost able to pierce it exposed back with sword. The troll skin proven touch to hard, but the next struck true, as the troll disengaged and jumped into the river.

Grapple: [roll0] it will be ironic if you get the troll by using grapple:smallwink:
Grapple (troll escape): [roll1] dwarf [roll2]

AoO from Natali: [roll3]; crit:[roll4] damage: [roll5]

Troll is visible, but you need swim check DC 10 to move into adjacent square. and fighting while swimming is problematic.

J-H
2016-10-19, 12:47 PM
Hilata
Hilata moves up and casts another spell, afflicting the troll with a strange ringing in its ears...

Move to K7
Vertigo, PHB2 page 127
Will DC 15 to disbelieve/negate.

Forces DC10 balance check each turn, or can't take a move action. If balance check is failed by 5 or more, fall prone. Suffer -2 on attacks and saves. Duration 1 round per level (5 rounds).

samduke
2016-10-20, 11:56 AM
Sara will hold action and wait to see if the troll re-engages on the road or the bridge area or continues to flee, and if it continues to flee she will then rejoin her comrades.

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-20, 12:49 PM
Thrast takes one of his magic stones and tosses it at the troll trying to escape knowing he could not swim across the river.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Pol Detson
2016-10-21, 05:28 PM
Hilata's spell had immediate effect. The troll was disoriented and unable to coordinate his movement; the river swept him few feet downstream..

Sara waits, vigilant and alert, but no more new enemies comes from the fog.

Natali hesitate, while Thrast use the magical stone to harm the troll. The projectile hit and more blood stained the river.

Will vs vertigo [roll0]
(if fail) Balance [roll1]
Swim [roll2]

Thrast - hit.

Battle grid (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QdS1M-KbTISJhI5q9CctLjYwWXfv7G88UDgNsd4b538/edit?usp=sharing)

J-H
2016-10-21, 07:33 PM
Hilata fires her final magic missiles at the troll. "Take that, creature!"
3d4+3[/roll]Rolled 11 in OOC

samduke
2016-10-22, 10:56 AM
Sara will move up to join with Hilata at K2

Ghostfoot
2016-10-23, 04:16 AM
Natali

As the troll struggles in the river Natali watches from the riverbank. She sheathes her sword and moves to pull out her bow.

Move action: Sheathe sword
Move action: Loose shield

Pol Detson
2016-10-24, 07:24 AM
The magic missiles found the troll flesh, overwhelming its healing.
Knight got her shield off, while the warrior joined beguiler.

Forest troll was still unable to coordinate himself, unable to move or act properly drifted with slow water, almost outside the circle of light.

Vertigo[roll0] -> fail..
Swim: [roll1]
Troll is under shadowy condition (20% concealment) as he moves from dancing light 20 ft to 40 ft radius.

samduke
2016-10-24, 11:15 AM
with Hilata nearby Sara will be on the look out for other foe that may approach holding action.

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-24, 10:13 PM
"What should we do? Follow it down the stream and keep pepering it with arrows or let it escape to tell the others? If we follow it I doubt we will get any sleep tonight, and we will be further from our destination." Thrast points out, doubting they would be able to deal with the trolls healing capabilities before the stream took it with their current condition. Even with his ability to see in the dark this was starting to make a lot of noise, and if they wished to be in any shape for a coming battle in the morning they would need to rest.

Ghostfoot
2016-10-25, 05:03 AM
Natali

She knocks an arrow and draws a bead on the floundering troll, but does not fire. "It doesn't matter if it tells the others or not. There will be more wolves, and they'll have our scent before long. It could be a long night."

She concentrates to see if she can hear any sounds of distant pursuit.

Listen[roll0]

Pol Detson
2016-10-25, 06:28 PM
The heroes decided to let the forest troll escape. Gravely wounded enemy floated with gentle stream into the darkness.

Natali listened for a minute or so, but all sounds were as expected in forest during summer. Nighttime critters, rustling leaves in the wind and the occasional owl's hoot.

Almost as if brutal skirmish that left nine dead bodies never happened.

Battle over. Troll gets away. What are you going to do, my players:smallamused:?

J-H
2016-10-25, 09:00 PM
Hilata

"We should see if they were carrying anything of use, or maybe any maps or letters... it's a long shot, but worth checking. After that, let's press on for another fifteen minutes or so to find someplace safe to rest. I'm beat."

Hilata brushes at her rumpled and slightly dirty garments, which have a small stain on them from worg blood.

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-25, 10:25 PM
Agreeing with the others Thrast looks at the stone bridge for a moment, " It may not be the best idea when we want to return the way we came, but at the moment it may buy us some time. Should I collapse the bridge? Or if anyone is good at hiding our tracks we could lay a false trail for them to follow." Thrast asks the others, wanting to see what the group wanted him to do before leaving.

J-H
2016-10-25, 11:07 PM
"They've already proven that they can swim, and don't worgs have better noses than people do? I doubt we have good ways to conceal our scent," Hilata rebuts. "I'm tired - let's just go so we can rest."

Ghostfoot
2016-10-26, 04:35 AM
Natali

"Aye, let's take what we need and get moving." She gathers what she can from her dead horse's saddlebags and helps Hilata to quickly rifle through the belongings of the attackers. When everyone is ready to move out Natali goes last with her bow at the ready, guarding the rear.

if needed:

Search [roll0]
Survival [roll1]

samduke
2016-10-26, 11:14 AM
Yes destruction of the bridge would seem to not be a good use of our time, ... Time that we can use to move down the road to a safer spot to rest

with that Sara cleans then sheaths her blades while she waits for the others to loot the bodies of the dead. then walks beside Hilata as they travel

Pol Detson
2016-10-26, 11:36 AM
The Swordpoints were experienced adventurers and they made quick work of searching the bodies. They looted weapons and armors and two flash with some kind of magical potions plus the orge's sack had inexplicably contained a small chunk of chrysoberyl. The true prizes were the swords - all of quality and almost certainly quite new - that will fetch good price from any merchant.

4x each: chain-mail, heavy steel shield, masterwork longsword, composite longbow (+1 STR) and 20 arrows;
2x unidentified potion
around 60 gp in gold and 40 in silver.
1x chrysoberyl
and sundry like bones, few chunk of dry meat ect.

They moved and set the camp in nearby forest. Natali choose a spot that gave them good look on road and yet mostly shielded them from the view. Still, only a dwarf could see in the night and the night could be long...

Who is taking watch? Please decide the order in OOC.

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-26, 09:34 PM
Thrastrulim allows the others to search the bodies, keeping watch as his allies do so incase more enemies were watching them.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Once everything is gathered he looks at one of the composite longbows before looking at the others. " If no one minds I think it may be a good idea that we all take a bow. I can already see after this battle such a weapon may be useful to us in the coming days. And while I am not skilled with such weapons I will try to focus on enemies no one is fighting." the dwarf says to his allies as they walk, not caring about any of the other items at the time. He would rather take his share of the gold after selling the rest of the items this way he could make better quality items.

As the group arrives at the camp Thrast looks at the others. " I think we should stick with the watch we choose ealier and if you all agree I will take first watch." Thrast says to the others. " The way I see it this will buy the rest of you the most time needed to sleep and when I am resting we all have a better chance with you all well rested." he tells the others looking at the bow. " If someone could help me find a good ambush point I could hide in it with a bow this way if an enemy tries to sneak up on us I can defend you all while you are trying to get ready." he says kindly to the rest of the group, a bow was an odd weapon in his hands, he had used a sling before, even thrown hammers. A crossbow was in his early field training but he was not as skilled with it as he would of liked.

Pol Detson
2016-10-28, 03:39 PM
The group gathered and found a suitable place not far from the road, but far enough to escape immediate discovery.

Watch changed from Thrast to Natalit to Sara without a problem, despite the nervousness and near complete darkness.

Rain flitted down, not enough to make anyone wet, but enough to make Hilata squint and hunch in place. The darkness and cold before daybreak added to miserable hours on watch.

Then the dawn came and the first rays of light shone down from between canopy of leaves.

The group survived the night and nothing attacked them.

Then the horn sounded in distant.

You all get full-night rest.

J-H
2016-10-28, 05:22 PM
Hilata

"What direction was that from? We should get moving!"

Listen [roll]1d20+1

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-28, 07:54 PM
When the morning sun rose in the sky, Thrast awoke and thanked the Soul Forger for keeping them safe throughout the night as he begins to pray for the new day. However just before he finishes he hears the sound of a horn in the distance. " Damn thunder humpers, can't wait until a decent hour." The dwarf says to the others before looking at his armor. "Someone mind helping me into my armor, I will do the same." he says kindly to the group hoping that they could all get ready before an attack came upon them.

Takes 10 minutes to put on armor so the way I see it 20 minutes if we all help each other out.
Listen check [roll0]

samduke
2016-10-29, 11:25 AM
Sara helps with armor then gets assisted as well
On hearing the horn blast, Listen check [roll0] , We should get moving soon

Ghostfoot
2016-10-29, 01:15 PM
Natali

"Agreed." Natali stretches out her muscles from the cold night sleeping in armour. She stands guard as the others prepare. "How far away do you think they are? If we can't outrun those wolves we might be best to double back to observe their numbers. That way we'll be better prepared for the fight."

Listen [roll0]

Pol Detson
2016-10-30, 05:01 AM
The deep, low blast of hobgoblin's horn had throbbed out of the northeast. The distance was quite hard to guess, yet Thrast was certain that it was far more distant than the last - the main hobgoblin camp would be deeper in forest than the ambush group.

On the other hand it could mean that the goblinonds gathered far more soldiers that the last time.

The group packed their belongings and Thrast, with Sara's help, donned his armour.

Aparator al Zei
2016-10-30, 09:42 PM
"Don't know about what your wearing Miss, but I ain't never seen a dwarf quite in heavy armor." Thrast says about her idea to see the enemies size. " I say we run as fast as we can to try and get to town before our enemies catch us." the dwarf says not wanting to be caught late at night again by an unknown group of enemies.

Ghostfoot
2016-10-31, 05:02 AM
Natali

"It does sound like they are a fair distance away. Let's get to Mist with all haste" Natali checks her weapons again and then stands, ready to go when everyone else is.

samduke
2016-10-31, 11:07 AM
well if there is to be a fight down the road running. (hustle) there. Only to be fatigued or exhausted is probably not a good idea, my suggestion is that we go as quickly as we can without risking fatigue . and with that Sara moves down the road with the others, keeping an eye out & listening for trouble, with her hands near the hilts of her weapons

Listen +3 [roll0]
Spot +3 [roll1]
Con vs. fatigue +3 [roll2]

Pol Detson
2016-10-31, 02:20 PM
Adventurers marched.

They marched from first light to late afternoon, making sure that heavy-armored dwarf and knight without horse were not left behind. They marched with a enemy's force but a few hours behind.. and closing the distance with every mile. Never in sight, but it was inevitable with such a slow companion.

At last, exhausting march come close to finish.

Above the low trees Swordpoints notice slowly rising thin whisp of cooking' fires smoke. Adventurers clear the last corner and see the village. Palisade surrounds the village, but the gates are wide open. The road went stright through its middle, widening in one place into small town square with communal well. Houses closes to the road are build in row, but the ones farther out were standing in more irregular order.

But the most attention grapping thing was the fact that all of it appeared complety empty, despite clearly visible signs to the contrary. There were multiple wagons and improvised merchant's stalls, small camping sites and the smoke..

The complete absence of sounds of any kind only added to the strange picture in front of Swordpoints.

samduke
2016-11-01, 03:53 PM
On entering the outpost, Sara yells ANYONE HERE?, knowing there is a sizable force behind them, with a road through the outpost which has open gates.

Well gang as I see it we have options close the gates and prepare for a drawn out fight, or press on and try to keep ahead of what is coming, until we reach something more sizable town wise..

Listen +3 [roll0]
Spot +3 [roll1]
Con vs. fatigue +3 [roll2]

Pol Detson
2016-11-01, 04:32 PM
Hilata, Thrast, Natali

Three Swordpoints watched as Sara crossed the opening between palisade and vanished from sight into Mist.

Then the horn blasted once again, short and loud signal - the hobgoblin's force was near, as you can hear the clamour of dozens and howling of worgs in response..

Sara

The village, before appearing to be completely deserted is crowded with people. Too crowded...

OOC: hmm, let's wait a moment for other players. :smallwink:

J-H
2016-11-01, 05:39 PM
Hilata

"Let's go, we need to get inside the walls and shut the gates!" Hilata rushes after Sara.

Aparator al Zei
2016-11-01, 07:27 PM
Thrast looks back and forth from the direction the horn was coming from, and the gate Sara had just walked through. "Well Las are we good to come in. Its not like we don't have an army on our stony asses after all." the dwarf points out looking at the village for any signs of a proper defense.

Turning towards his fellow swords waiting outside he adds. "I never been to a village this quiet. Its as if they are all dead, or hiding. If they are hiding they will be no help to us and we better get behind this gate and close it fast. I can try to use my magic to Jam the gate with Mud while someone drops a wooden plank in place. But besides that I don't see what more we can do. We got a few bows, and if the town is stocked with the right kind of ore I can craft us all some quick weapons and armor in a week or so. But first we need to live that long. What say you, face our enemies outside or within?" the stubborn dwarf asks noting another of his allies enter the town.

Ghostfoot
2016-11-02, 06:30 AM
Natali

As the horn sounds Natali looks across at the dwarf "Well, those walls were built for a reason. It'd be a shame to get killed out here with a perfectly defensible palisade a stones throw away." She moves to quickly follow the others, hoping that Thrast follows.

Pol Detson
2016-11-02, 01:40 PM
One by one they step into the village; the effect is like that of invisibility spell from the ouside, but none of them wish to remain outside to wait for goblins to catch with them.

On the inside the scene shifts. First, the silence turned into cacophony similiar to that of busy market fair. The village, appearing to be completely deserted from outside, was crowded with people. Too crowded, in fact. Men and animals alike squat in the streets and dozens of unhappy merchants and their retinues camps on the streets.

The second thing that springs to attention is dull-white, translucent semi-sphere surrounding the town like a dome. It wasn't visible from outside and it clearly hid all the people and sounds from sight..

Adventurers can see now the two dozen or so hob-goblin silhouettes.. and the goblins observe from behind the barrier, but don't advance into the village. In fact, Swordpoints are sure that they couldn’t see them as adventurers couldn’t see anyone from outside Mist.

J-H
2016-11-02, 01:45 PM
Hilata

"This...is a powerful spell." Hilata studies what she can see, attempting to identify it.

Spellcraft [roll0]

Aparator al Zei
2016-11-02, 08:21 PM
"This be one of those wizard spells I be betting." Thrast says with disdain as he spits on the floor and rubs his hands together a few time's while mumbling some words under his breath. Like most dwarves Thrast was not against magic of the arcane kind so much as he was unused to it. He felt that magic belonged to the gods, when mortals tried to channel such powers without the guidance of the hands of the gods problems happened in the world. Look at the time of troubles.

Seeing the enemy crest the hill Thrast drew his bow and made a point to knock an arrow back, keeping it the bow lowered for now waiting to see what would happen. " I think we now know why no one has heard from the town at least." the dwarf says to his fellow swordpoints.

Ghostfoot
2016-11-03, 04:08 AM
Natali

The knight's mouth hangs slack and she stops dead in her tracks at the strange sight that unfolds, only jolted back to action by the vague movement of the hobgoblins beyond the magical field. She turns around, taking it all in as she wanders slowly forward. "Ah, this is....unexpected. What do you make of it Hilata?"

Knowledge Nobility [roll0] (if relevant at all)

Pol Detson
2016-11-03, 07:14 AM
Hilata was at a loss, puzzled by the complex weave of the sphere's spell.

Thrast observed the hobgoblins as they spread around, checked the trail and footprints left by the party and then retreated, but not coming close to the spell-barrier.

Natali paused and searched for any useful knowledge, but beside recalling the name of the Mist's mayor - one Ermond Attendarrow, retired and respected hunter - nothing come to her mind.

Two armed men, who were playing dice around nearby improvised camp-fire, stood and approched the group.

"Who are you.. m'lady?" the first asked, uncertainty crept in his voice as he regarded Natali' knightly armour. Both were young and probably didn't have much experience as a fighters.

"Are you another paladin?" second asked

samduke
2016-11-03, 11:10 AM
Sara looking around in amazement of the spell that could hide a complete city, all the while sticking close to Hilata.

Ghostfoot
2016-11-04, 04:33 AM
Natali

Blinking her bewilderment away Natali snapped back to her confident manner "Natali Kulenov. Not a paladin - a Swordpoint. We're here for the paladin though, and the tax collector. What can you tell me of this strangeness," she gestures at the magical field, "and is the paladin's group here?"

Diplomacy [roll0]

question - is anyone here showing any signs of battle?

Aparator al Zei
2016-11-04, 08:16 AM
As Natali speaks with the people of the village Thrast looks around at the people, looking to see how many were armed for battle. Sure this barrier seemed to work now after all, but it was only a matter of time before the army at their door got smart enough, or hungry enough to see what was inside the village. And when they did the town would not stand a chance if they were not prepared.

As Thrast's mind thought of this he thought back to his home back in the dwarven kingdoms, and a woman waiting to marry him. This brought back the teachings of dwarven war tactics, and how they often defended their mines with simple tools that were easily moveable, much like a cart would be. the dwarf thought to himself thinking of quick easy ways to slow down an attacking army.

Pol Detson
2016-11-04, 09:05 AM
"A Swordpoint! The mayor wants to see you then. He asked to send any adventurers to him." the lad points toward mayor's house.

"The tax collector is drinking in tavern and whining to everyone who will listen. Not many do. Paladin, lady..eh.. she went to Alvar's house, and.. and.. she didn't come out. " he stuttered nervously.

"Bad business, breaking into wizard's house." the second added.

"The mayor will probably tell you more than I can, lady. I know nothing of that wizardly stuff." the first finished.

Thrast surveyed the gathered people and there were at least several dozen of guards and mercenaries, armed and ready, but they were parts of various merchant's caravans. What's more there probably was more of town's guards and citizens who could wield a weapon - a bow or spear or sword.

But there was no central organization as if most of them didn't expected attack at all.

Both Natali and Thrast noticed that the group of fighter from Lyrabar was not present. The twenty men, sans those four you knew that were killed by hobgoblins, were nowhere to be seen.

Natali was quite certain that the village didn't see any big skirmish, no burned buildings, the gate was open and undamaged, there weren’t any wounded waiting for cleric's spells or medical attention, the overall mood was that of frustration or shimmering anger, not post-battle mourning or elation.

The lads 'guarding' the gate are eager to help:smallsmile:.

J-H
2016-11-04, 04:48 PM
Hilata
"We should go see the mayor then, and then see about the Paladin. Thanks, boys!" Hilata and the others head towards the mayor's house, winding through the crowd while watching for anything odd around them. The crowded village has a bit of a smell to it.

Aparator al Zei
2016-11-06, 07:55 PM
"Do you thinkin it wise to let the gate be unguarded like this while we go speak with the mayor?" Asks the dwarf, loking to the others worried for a moment before giving in. After all the town had stood all this time, what was a few minutes going to do. And with that he puts the bow away and takes up the rear of the group.

samduke
2016-11-07, 12:19 PM
probably, as it seems that band that chased us stopped before the gates and did not enter.
Sara will continue to stick near Hilata as they go to see the mayor

Ghostfoot
2016-11-08, 01:12 PM
"Thanks lads" Natali moves off in the direction of the mayor's house with the others.

Pol Detson
2016-11-08, 04:47 PM
The mayor led you to the main road of the village. The main well, located on in the centre of the townsquare was guarded by two armed people. Those two were older and defiantly taking their duty more seriously than two guards close to barrier.

Mayor's house was small, wooden building close to the well, opposite to the largest building in the village - the Mistfall House inn.

Swordpoints knocked and waited few moments. Older servant opened the doors and let them in. The mayor was busy, servant explained, wait for a moment. From what you could understand from behind closed doors - having a futile argument with some merchant trying to get reimbursements for delay. The mayor wasn't willing to pay.

The door burst open and the red-faced merchant almost knocked Natali on the way out. The adventurers come in to see the Mayor.

Ermond Attendarrow looked maybe sixty but heavily built, with a strong face, deeply lined, and a close-cropped grey beard around his mouth. He was neither handsome nor majestic, but all could see that he spent most of his life working hard.

They stepped into the next room. It had several wolf and bear heads on display, one clearly belonging to dire wolf and simple table with several parchments, inkpen and cup of water on it. The mayor sat on one side and gestured toward the chairs.

"Please seat! Pleasure to see you and great relief that Lyrabar send someone to help us. "

After formalities and introductions, he described the situation:

It began around two weeks ago, when local wizard went missing. Master Alvar, dealt mainly with defensive magic, Community tolerated him, although he did lack.. common touch and wasn't specially nice and trusting. But he helped when it was necessary, which earned him the gratitude of people. Most of them, at least.

On the evening of the next day after the disappearance of Alvar, this strange dome appeared . You see the dome was accompanied by a attack of hobgoblins that fired several shot towards the villagers stranded outside the palisade. When we wanted to tie them in close-combat, it turned out that we can't. The barrier is solid as stone. The people outside escaped inside or get killed. Now they are all trapped.

Five days ago we get a ray of hope as Lady Meredith Savengriff come to the town. She entered the Alvar's house.. and didn't get out. I send some volunteers day after, but they were unable to even cross the threshold. Some spell blinded them for a while and they've run.

And almost everyday someone new come to the village as we on the trade route. The current situation lasted only days, but the food is running low. And the people are close to anarchy. We had two murders already, both brutal and no culprit. Everyone is on edge.

This is how our situation looks like, in short. If you are able to do something to change it, I will be very grateful. There is even a reward for the person who gets rid of the dome, funded by some of merchants.

Do you have any more questions?

Aparator al Zei
2016-11-08, 07:33 PM
Thrast sits and listens patiently as the mayor describes the events that led to all of this happening. So what you are saying in a jist is everyone who walks inside is trapped inside and you didn't think to shut the gate to warn others not to try and come inside? I can understand the wizard being a bloody fool, its what they are, but you look like a strong level headed man who has had to work with his hands his whole life. Surely common sense would tell you to place some kind of warning. the dwarf says at last before looking to his other companions.

Seems to me if we are to return order we have to drop the wall, but that will only allow the army outside to attack those of us inside, and if we are not prepared for that it would be worst than fighting a siege. Given the cricumstances I could spend some of my powers creating food and water for the people of this town, however given how many we saw I doubt it would feed half of them, and that is with splitting the normal amount of food for a person in two. Thrasts offers, giving a small amount of service that he could.

Is there any way you can get people to return to their daily lives, obviously the hunters would be put to tasks better suited to defending the border, and making traps and such so when the blasted dome does fall incase the army attacks, but we should make sure we are ready for such an attack none the less. Everyone else should have an easy enough time besides the trader's who make their livings roaming from town to town, but their is nothing that can be done about that at the moment. If they really want to be free they would allow the people of the town to go about their buisness and help where they can, selling their wares here for a discount. It would after all make the people see them as part of the community and thus less likely to be singled out to be robbed. the dwarf says seeing if his companions agreed with what he had said so far, and if they had anything to add.

J-H
2016-11-08, 11:53 PM
Hilata

Hilata turns to Thrast. "How is he to place a warning outside, when trapped on the inside? This spell is very sophisticated, and involves a powerful illusion to make everything appear normal."

Hilata addresses the mayor. "Has anyone attempted to probe the dome with magic? Are there any other wizards here in town, maybe passing through?
Has anyone measured it to determine the exact center point of the dome?"

Ghostfoot
2016-11-09, 04:00 AM
Natali

Natali stands, maintaining a soldierly posture as she talks with Mayor Attendarrow and her companions.

"Well, a reward will always be welcome. So you've been trapped here for two weeks now, ever since your wizard disappeared, and coincidentally the hobgoblin force arrived at the same time. Have the hobgoblins ever tried to breach the dome or the town walls - have they seemed to be trying to corral the townsfolk here?

And if we did manage to remove the sorcery have you the manpower to repel the goblinoids that lurk outside? My companion Thrast is correct. Those unruly souls with energy to spare would be well put to use preparing the defences of the town.

I take it that the tax collector arrived with Lady Savengriff and has since been left abandoned when she attempted the wizard's abode?

Finally does anybody here have any knowledge of the layout or contents of Master Alvar's tower? It seems this is the logical place to start our enquiries."

Pol Detson
2016-11-09, 08:23 AM
Ermond Attendarrow listened intently and responded:

Yes, we did place the warning. You did notice that the image outside is not that of inside? Everyone sees the place as it was two weeks ago, only the sunlight changes, as far as we can tell. So the warning was removed. The gates cannot be closed - the barrier is too close to move the hinges. We could barricade the place, but the passing people could be stuck in the middle of magic and I don’t want to try to see what would happen to the poor fellow who can’t get through or back away. So I ordered the gates left open.

Are you saying that hobgoblins are gathering an army? That’s disconcerting.

Any food you could conjure would help, but I would ask you to try solve the real issue here - break the barrier. Find our wizard. Or get the message to Lyrabar to send someone who could do it.

I don’t know if you could do it, but the merchants are quite unwilling to sell at loss or part with their wares at discount.

Then he addressed Hilata:

No, there are no other wizards here.. As far as I know. Only other person is Emerlysa Thautupp, our cleric. She was unable to help. Does any of you know magic? As for centre of spell, the village is not perfect circle, so I have no idea. Somewhere close to the well?

He frowned and answered Natali's questions:

We don’t know how many goblins are there. I would say in the normal circumstances and with all that merchants with their men we wouldn't have a problem. Yes. But your companion mentioned the army… could you tell me how many? There were reports of ambushes and some merchants lost men in Gray Forest, but no one have seen more than dozen green-skins at once.

They can see the disgust on his face when the tax collector is mentioned.

Truth to be told, tax collector was not as much as abandoned, but he decided to get drunk and didn’t manage to stop for last week. You could find him in the inn, if he is conscious. I have bigger problems than a single fool.

Last, he address question about wizard's house:

It’s not a towar. It’s a hall house, build with stone and wood. It’s normal as those things go - a hall and four rooms, two to either side. But truth to be told, I have no idea what magic could be there.

Aparator al Zei
2016-11-09, 09:55 PM
"How is he to place a warning outside, when trapped on the inside? This spell is very sophisticated, and involves a powerful illusion to make everything appear normal."

I don't know close the door or something, us dwarfs don't play around with this random magic stuff like you other races. We only use what the gods give us, for it is with the gods magic was made and belongs. Not in the power of mortals that don't understand it without the focus of the divine. Thrast says in reply to Hiliata thinking it was a pretty obvious observation.

Yes, we did place the warning. You did notice that the image outside is not that of inside? Everyone sees the place as it was two weeks ago, only the sunlight changes, as far as we can tell. So the warning was removed. The gates cannot be closed - the barrier is too close to move the hinges. We could barricade the place, but the passing people could be stuck in the middle of magic and I don’t want to try to see what would happen to the poor fellow who can’t get through or back away. So I ordered the gates left open.

Blasted mages playing with things they do not understand. Thrast grumbles as he hears the warning they tried using didn't work. Perhaps keeping a fire near each entrance would be a sign of warning? The smoke may not leave the villiage, but perhaps when someone gets close enough to the barrier they may feel the heat? Or perhaps cook something near, no that wouldn't work we would have smelt food cooking on our way here otherwise. Thrast decides as he decides not to suggest cooking food so close to one of these exits to the outside world.

Thrast remained silent throughout the rest of the conversation, trusting the knight to take the lead on the rest, after all if she thought they would be better served stopping the wizard's spell first he would concede to her as he didn't like the idea of being trapped in this bubble all his life.

samduke
2016-11-10, 12:12 PM
during the visit at the mayors house sara will mind her tongue lest it cause her trouble and follow along when the party is ready to go.

Ghostfoot
2016-11-11, 05:10 AM
Natali

"Well Ermond, there's at least a couple of dozen hobgoblins out there. Ogres, trolls, dire wolves...I'd suggest you and your men put your minds to that while we investigate this wizardry. By the Broken God, it'd be a real shame to free the town only to fall to the swords of the greenskins."

She turns to the rest of the party "Shall we see what mess this so-called wizard has gotten himself into?". After gaining directions to the wizard's house she and the party depart. As they walk she asks Hilata "Do you have any suggestions regarding this sorcery?"

Want to cast detect magic or something before we go in or shall I just try the door? I think we're all looking pretty good but sing out if anyone wants to prep beforehand. Natali will leave a bit of surplus gear behind somewhere safe - at the inn or maybe with the mayor

J-H
2016-11-11, 07:41 AM
Hilata

"Something's going on at the wizard's house, so we may as well go there first. The other alternative is to find the middle of this dome of magic, to see if it is anchored to something there that could be disrupted."

Pol Detson
2016-11-11, 10:06 AM
Blasted mages playing with things they do not understand. Thrast grumbles as he hears the warning they tried using didn't work. Perhaps keeping a fire near each entrance would be a sign of warning? The smoke may not leave the villiage, but perhaps when someone gets close enough to the barrier they may feel the heat? Or perhaps cook something near, no that wouldn't work we would have smelt food cooking on our way here otherwise. Thrast decides as he decides not to suggest cooking food so close to one of these exits to the outside world.

"I don't think that would help any, master Thrast. The common folks are not as sharp as you suggest" Ermond answered.

He listened to the Natali and his face turned pale.

"Tyr and Torm, saves us all. We need to alarm Lyrabar!" he said "I'll make a speech and prepare folks here."

They put the hoboblin's swords and armours in mayor's care - for safe-keeping and additional proof. The mayor send few lads to gather merchants and guards and the Swordpoints went to investigate Alvar's abode.

The wizard's house is minute walk from the mayor. It's a solid stone construction with wooden roof. Thrast would notice that the walls were probably thicker and the windows narrow - as if it was more a miniature citadel than house. The builders were dwarfs - and they did professional job of it. Windows shutters were all closed, but oaken doors hanged slightly ajar - as if someone broke them and then try to prop them back up.

So.. what you do? Open the door? Detect magic?

Aparator al Zei
2016-11-12, 09:10 AM
As the group is about to depart the mayor's house Thrast speaks up, having heard the building was made of stone. This may seem an odd request, but do you have any clay around the town? The dwarf asks waiting for an answer, and if he is told where to find some, taking a short detour away from the party to buy a small amount.

As Thrast returns to the group and looks at the wizards home he notes it looks more like a fortress than a home, and made by dwarves no less. Look at the building, it is made by my people and if it was home to a wizard and designed like a fortress I do not doubt it is made with enough traps to stop anyone from trying to break in the normal way. Thrast says pulling the lump of clay he had been working on from his hands to show the others a crude looking door. I have a spell that will allow me to create a door out of the worked stone, however if it is possible to tell where the weakest point in the magic is, I would rather use it there.

Stone shape spell

J-H
2016-11-12, 09:58 AM
Hilata
"I'll see what I can find." Hilata smiles, and activates Detect Magic, walking around the perimeter of the building to see if there's an area where the magic is weaker.

Pol Detson
2016-11-12, 10:12 AM
Thrast had no problem finding clay - the village potter exchanged solid lump for a short blessing and prayer to Moradin. All was left was to pick a place to cast the spell.

Hilata circled the house and her divination spell reveled no auras on the stones, roof, oaken door or shutters. From the outside the house was well-build but mundane thing.

J-H
2016-11-12, 10:16 AM
Hilata

"No magic anywhere on the walls. Pick whatever spot looks good - although I wouldn't want to go through the chimney!"

samduke
2016-11-13, 12:38 PM
while the others are investigating the various mysteries of magic, sara will keep en ever vigil look out for trouble

Aparator al Zei
2016-11-13, 07:47 PM
As the dwarf is informed that none of the building seems to radiate magic, at least from the outside he nods and begins heading to the back of the building, opposite the door hoping most if not all of the traps would be along the entrance. Everyone do what you have to do now, once I open this wall I can not promise things will go smoothly. the dwarven cleric says, as he himself casts a few spells in the case battle were to erupt.

Magic Vestment on self (+1 enchantment bonus to AC for the next 5 hours)
Divine Protection +1 Morale bonus to all allies within a 20ft. radius burst to Armor Class and Saving Throws
Interfaith Blessing (http://alcyius.com/dndtools/spells/complete-champion--57/interfaith-blessing--609/index.html) (Sacred Bonus) 5 minutes, all allies within a 20ft. radius burst centered on me
Shield of faith 5 minutes +2 deflection bonus to AC
Magic Weapon 5 minutes +1 enchantment bonus to attack and damage
Guidance on Sara and Natali for a +1 competence bonus to Attack, saves, or a single skill check in the next minute

Once everyone is ready Thrast places the clay model against the stone wall and speaks the words passed down to him by the soul forger in the dwarven tongue, trying to create a doorway in the solid stone wall.

Shape stone

Ghostfoot
2016-11-14, 04:42 AM
Natali

Natali stands, shield raised, ready as Thrast invokes his dwarven magic to reshape the stone wall.

Natali will stand directly opposite any opening in order that her bulwark of defence ability can impede anything that might choose to rush out and attack anyone.

Pol Detson
2016-11-15, 08:39 AM
The group prepared for the worst. Several blessing of Moradin bolstered their spirits and bodies.

The wall melted as ice, reshaping into the doors. The single push exposed the interior of wizard's house. Natali and Thrast got the first look. The specious room was illuminated by soft light of partially-covered magical flames. Two heavy tables with alchemical equipment and several chairs...

The sudden move captured the attention of Swordpoints. Heavy armoured figure standing guard close to front doors turned to face the adventurers.

"Halt! In the name of the Law no step further." her voice was loud, but flat - without emotion or inflection. She half-draw her sword.

J-H
2016-11-15, 09:09 AM
Hilata studies the figure. Her voice sounds off.

Trying to identify enchantment/charm/compulsion type influences.
Sense Motive [roll0]
Spellcraft [roll1]
K: Arcana [roll2]

Pol Detson
2016-11-15, 09:15 AM
Hilata was an expert on mental manipulation. The paladin was under effect of powerful compulsion - Dominate Person. She was compelled to guard wizard's house, but Hilata couldn't say how exactly the orders would make her act.

J-H
2016-11-15, 09:25 AM
Hilata
Hilata holds up her hands to show that they are empty.

"No worries, we just needed to talk to someone inside, and now we've found you!

We're with the Swordpoints - you know, agents of the king's law - and we're here to help the village. It's surrounded by some type of barrier, and we're hoping someone inside the house you are in knows about it and can undo it.

We're going to have starving kids here in a few days, and you don't want that, do you? There's also a force of hobgoblins outside the town that we had to fight on the way in, and you have a duty to help protect the village instead of hang out in that house.

Can you aid us by telling us what you know about what is going on, please?"

There go appeals to law and duty. If someone else wants to try honor, go for it. Trying to force a second save with a +2 bonus, plus gather some info.

Diplomacy [roll0]
Bluff [roll1]

Pol Detson
2016-11-15, 11:42 AM
"You're a bad liar. First, agents of law wouldn't deem necessary to break into private house with magic. Second, Impiltur has a Queen and Council. Everyone here knows it, so I deduce you are a group of bandits from the Vast.. or some sorcerer's henchmen trying to rob the wizard's house. Drop your weapons. I will bind you and lock you up. " the flat voice didn't change, but paladin took few steps toward Swordpoints.

Edit: FYI, The idea is good, but she failed her second save.

J-H
2016-11-15, 12:14 PM
Hilata

"Mayor Attendarrow asked us for help. Would you like to go with us to see him, or would you like us to ask him to come here? It may take a few minutes to get him."

Aparator al Zei
2016-11-15, 07:06 PM
Should I turn the ground at her feet into mud? Thrast asks quietly to Hilata, as he looks to make sure it is not a worked stone floor.

So long as the floor was not made from wood, or layered stone I could use soften earth and stone and if its dirt make the knight sink into 4' deep mud which should slow her movement long enough for us to kill whatever has a spell on her. Next time I should probally try making a door out of the line of sight of another door though.

Ghostfoot
2016-11-16, 06:11 AM
Natali

"We are here seeking Lady Meredith Savengriff and her charge a tax collector, both are agents for the Queen-Regent and the Council of Lords. They are overdue and their absence is of concern. Are you Lady Savengriff? Where is your sworn charge and what is so important that you would leave them?"

diplomacy again or maybe aid another on the previous roll? [roll0]

And if she can she'll drop in the name of some local notables who will be on the hook for any missing taxes
Knowledge (Nobility) [roll1]

Natali is still standing her ground

Pol Detson
2016-11-16, 08:19 AM
"I would like you to comply with my order." she answered Hilata and took the next step.. when Natali asked her questions, she stopped. Natali knew she was Meredith Savengriff, youngest daughter of Lord Jon Savengriff - and her shield had the crest of Seven Griffons on checkered field.

The paladin stopped and confusion showed on her face..

"My duty is to.. to.. ? What I am doing? Who are you?"

The spell was broken.

I'll take another roll for reminding her that she had time-sensitive duty.. and she's free. Well played.

Aparator al Zei
2016-11-16, 09:00 PM
Good job lass, that makes our job easier. Thrast says as he tries stepping into the building, his hammer and shield at the ready. We are the Swordpoints sent to check on you, as for what you are doing I have no idea what you are doing in a wizards house. But you were under its spell, and that sounds like more than enough reason to search the building and put a stop to whatever is going on here. Thrast says looking for the nearest door once inside. I am ready to put an end to all of this when you are, but I would not tally to long or my spells protecting you all will wear off. Thrast points out, knowing if his spells all wore off things would become much harder to accomplish.

samduke
2016-11-17, 02:26 PM
sara much at a loss for words as to the occurrence of things that she had just saw will take the wait and see what happens plan versus forcing a confrontation.

Ghostfoot
2016-11-18, 04:20 AM
Natali

"I am Natali Kulenov and we are Swordpoints in service to the Kingdom. We are here looking for you, but we now find ourselves with a bigger task as hobgoblins maraud the forest and a strange sorcery has enveloped the town. I believe that this house holds the source of the magical effect, and I think you knew this too - in fact I think that you originally came here to stop it. Can you remember what happened? Have you seen Master Alvar?"

Natali warily advances into the room as she speaks, casting her eyes about for anything out of the ordinary.

spot [roll0]

Pol Detson
2016-11-19, 09:33 AM
Thrast stepped through and looked inside alchemical workshop. Four closed doors led to the other, smaller rooms in the house. Natali fallowed.

"Thank you lady Natali Kulenov. Thank you and your brave companions for rescuing me. I am indebted to all of you. I am Meredith Sevengriff, paladin in service of Loyal Fury and Impiltur." paladin bow slightly and waited for round of introduction "I did try to search it, believing as you do, that I would find the answers or means to dispel the dome. The moment I stepped over the threshold my mind.. went blank. I didn't see the wizard. What day it is? "

Aparator al Zei
2016-11-19, 10:45 PM
Good thing we all didn't use the door then. Thrast says walking over to the cloest door and getting ready to throw it open. Names Thrastrulim Hammerfoot if you really think introductions are important can we at least do it while we clear the building? he says waiting for one of the others to stand behind him before throwing open the door, shield filling the gap the door left behind as he looked over the top of his shield looking for any signs of movement. Hilata do you sense any magic on any of the doors before we enter? Don't want to be whammeyed like the young paladin now. Thrast points out, not wanting to fight his friends in the condition he was in now.

Wait for someone to move behind him, throw the door open and drop into a total defense action for a +4 to AC meaning his AC for the round should be 32 if I am not mistaken

Ghostfoot
2016-11-20, 05:28 AM
Natali

Moving up alongside the dwarf Natali calls the date back to Lady Savengriff, listening to what the paladin has to say even as she focuses her eyes on the door about to be opened.

J-H
2016-11-20, 10:10 AM
Hilata steps into the room, looking for any sign of movement or magic. What kind of room is this? "We want to find the wizard's study or lab, if there is one. Any notes will probably be there. Watch out for traps, and for whoever dominated Meredith."

samduke
2016-11-20, 12:16 PM
cautiously following Hilata into the room sara stands ready for the unexpected

Pol Detson
2016-11-21, 06:51 PM
"Yes, you are absolutely right. We should investigate the building." if Lady Sevengriff was taken aback by breach of protocols and lack of manners, she didn't show.

The group assembled inside specious workshop - central room. Hilata didn't feel any magic coming from four doors leading to smaller rooms, so they opened the first - to the left of the spell-wrought stone doors. It led to the library; or at least to something that used to be a library. The bookcases were toppled or broken, partially torn books lied in disarray on the floor and the destruction was completed by torn tapestry hanging in shreds on the wall. It was clearly cut in half, hanging on last few threads.

Aparator al Zei
2016-11-21, 10:16 PM
Never known a wizard to be able to use a blade this well. Thrast points out as he looks at the torn tapestry hanging in shreds on the wall along with the rest of the destruction around the room. From the looks of it someone was looking for something, whether they found it or not is another matter however. I say we do a quick search of the room before trying another room, though I highly doubt we will find anything of use in here. the dwarf says looking at all the books on the floor and woundering how much lore had been lost to such senseless violence.

Stonecunning: This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on
Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls,
stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the
old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like.
Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also
counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within
10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he
were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search skill to
find stonework traps as a rogue can.

With that in mind I am going to try and search the room, staying within 10ft of the walls but not on top of them so I should be able to do it in a slightly faster time, Taking 20 for a total of 23 unless this is time sensitive which we have not been told so far.

J-H
2016-11-21, 10:39 PM
Hilata casts Detect Magic to scan for anything magical in the room.

Spellcraft checks [roll0] with a +10 mod on each dice roll

Ghostfoot
2016-11-22, 03:25 AM
Natali

Natali stands at the ready, alert for anything hostile as the others search the room.

spot check [roll0]

Pol Detson
2016-11-22, 01:25 PM
Hilata detect magic spell revealed only the obvious - two wall-mounted brass lamps of continuous flame.

Dwarf took minutes to examine the walls. Patience with methodical search got the results. Thrast fingers found slight cracks in seemingly flawless stone and few seconds of careful work allowed him to slid open a panel hiding lead-lined compartment.

The compartment was empty.

J-H
2016-11-22, 05:13 PM
Hilata starts checking other rooms before her spell expires.

Aparator al Zei
2016-11-22, 11:44 PM
It seems whoever did this knew they would have plenty of time given how well hidden this compartment was. I doubt the other rooms will have much hidden in them and given how long this room alone took I suggest we move quickly, a few of my spells will be ending shortly. Thrast says following quickly behind the mage in her quick search of a new room, not spending time searching it so much as looking for an enemy, and if he doesn't find one he moves on to the next room, trying to clear all the rooms before some of his magical might leaves him.

samduke
2016-11-23, 12:12 PM
not being very good with magic, Sara follows Hilata from room to room keeping a watch out for the unexpected

Ghostfoot
2016-11-25, 07:09 PM
Natali too continues to stand guard.

Pol Detson
2016-11-25, 07:54 PM
The party decide to sweep the rooms in order. Next one was a mage bedroom. It contained all that was expected: bed, nightstand with book on top - clearly the wizard liked to read before sleep, chest for clothes, chamberpot and few personal effects - among them small statue of robed elven woman, ilustrated prayerbook with hymns to Azuth, stack of letters. Only thing out of ordinary was the carpet on the floor. It was true art-piece. A giant golden dragon fighting a horde of red-clad orcs and wizards above mountain range.

None of the item registered as magical. The magic in the room come from familiar bronze lamps.

The main workshop showed two faint auras of finished potions. The products were labelled - a Owl's Wisdom and Resist Energy; both have name after description: Khiral.

The first room on the other side was clearly a well-stocked pantry and storage of alchemical supplies, all labelled and held in separate crates. A second set of empty glass items could easily replace all that were used in the main workshop. Here too nothing but the lamp registered as magical.

The last room was somehow more enigmatic, because it was locked by quite solid looking door and lock. The door emanated faint abjuration aura.

I will say that around 3 minutes passed.

Aparator al Zei
2016-11-26, 01:39 AM
As the group entered the second room Thrast took note of the rug, making a mark to check underneath it later when they were sure all the other rooms were safe. It seemed odd and out of place to him, however he didn't want to risk it all for a simple trinket that the wizard may be hiding. Than again it could be a way into his private study, though if this place was fully built by dwarves he doubted the others would be able to find the well hidden switch that would open such a hidden door. I just want to let you all know that rugs seems off for the room, if this is fully made by dwarves their may be a well hidden compartment hidden underneath. Maybe to a secret study, maybe where he hides his favorite robes. However I am going to go check the other rooms to make sure the first floor is secure before most of my protections wear off of us. If you want to join me you can, or stay behind and search the room, take your time if you do however. Dwarves do not like people finding their gold and as such make it hard for those who do not work closely with stone to notice their hiding places." He tells the others before leaving the mages bedroom to explore more of the house.

Inside the wizard's lab he quickly notes the two potions, reading the labels before calling out to those who did not join him of what he found. I doubt the mage will highly worry if we take these and use them if it comes to saving his life, does anyone think they could use either of them to help them? The potion of owls wisdom would help one of my spells, and allow me perhaps one or two more, however perhaps one of you may have a better use for it? he calls out, not wanting to simply take the items because he may have been one of the first to see them.

When the dwarf gets to the fourth door he curses the mayor for not knowing the true number of rooms in the house as he opens it to find a pantry, well stocked at that. Well if the wizard is dead we have more food to share with the people, and if he is not he may be agreeable in helping the people saying his magic caused this mess. Thrast thinks leaving the door open behind him and moving to the last door, that was clearly of finer quality than the others. "Everyone I think I found something." He calls out quickly, waiting for the others to get over their and tell him what they knew about the door.

Well if it has protective magic on it that means something is on the other side, and if I am not mistaken the mayor said this was the type he focused on so it should be a very powerful spell. Do any of you know how to pick locks, I seem to have used our only way to enter the room earlier to escape the trap at the front door. he admits, sure brute strength could eventually break down the door no doubt, but if one could simply use magic to open it, or pick the lock it would be a lot simpler.

J-H
2016-11-30, 05:14 PM
Hilata
"I can get this, but let's back up. There's no telling what kind of trap a wizard will use in his own home."

Once everyone is at least 20' away from the door, Hilata calls out a command word, "Mellon," and the door opens.

Well, it probably opens. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/knock.htm

Ghostfoot
2016-12-01, 04:35 AM
Natali

Natali stands back as directed, blade and shield at the ready. It never pays to get too close to rogues or sorcerers at work.

Pol Detson
2016-12-01, 02:34 PM
Everyone back out of the house and only Hilata remained, tucked in the farthest corner from the warded door. She casted a knock spell and the spells worked. She heard a faint click of lock turning itself.

Nothing exploded.

J-H
2016-12-01, 04:08 PM
Hilata

"So far so good..." Hilata casts knock a second time.

Pol Detson
2016-12-01, 04:51 PM
This time there is no sound, only the door swings open.

The inside was pitch black. Hilata saw that the light from workshop didn’t seem to cross the threshold at all.

Aparator al Zei
2016-12-01, 09:36 PM
Thrast has darkvision if it helps

Once the all clear is given to come back inside Thrast walks up shield and hammer in hand before poking his head into the room. "Good work Hilata that was very helpful and may have just saved us all a lot of trouble." the dwarf says kindly enough saying he seemed to not be found of mages as he peaked inside the room from the doorframe.

Spot check [roll0]

Pol Detson
2016-12-03, 05:51 PM
The dwarf strode confidently into the room. He couldn't see past the door as if it was blocked by sheet of perfectly black metal, but he found no resistance - but magic assaulted his senses.

Blindness (DC 15): [roll0]
Edit: success.

He resisted the trap and stepped into the room, past the darkness. And found himself face to face with a dwarf. The dwarf stood at the centre of the room, unaturally motionless, but snapped into motion as soon as heavy footsteps of Moradin's cleric entered the room. The unknown dwarf beard was dark brow, braided and adorned with gemstones.

Around him Thrast could see an circle of silver.

"Quickly! Cousin, break the circle! I am imprisoned by an evil wizard! Break the circle!" The dwarf urged Hammerfoot.

Aparator al Zei
2016-12-04, 12:49 AM
Never doubting the word of a fellow dwarf Thrast ran towards the magical barrier holding his commrad in arms lifting his hammer high in the air as he charged. By the will of the Soul Forger begone!!!!! he cries out as his hammer comes slamming down onto the ground trying to destroy the circle.

Basically using the hammer to destroy the circle, but thinking how cool it would look from the shockwave moving all the stuff forming the circle.

As Thrast was about to break the circle he stopped in his tracks looking at the dwarf caught inside the magical barrier. Sure dwarves could be wizards, however it was rather rare, and from what was said the man who lived in this home study the art of protection magic if he remembered correctly. That barrier seemed to be holding something inside, but was it a friend or foe? "I think I will be letting you sit in there till the others get inside. No offense but it is uncommon for a dwarf to be in human lands, and to be a wizard as well. That is to much oddity for me to believe with open arms." he says calling to the others what he has found.

J-H
2016-12-04, 08:56 AM
Hilata
"Imprisoned? A circle? I'm coming through!" Hilata rushes through the portal now that she knows it's safe, worried about what could be on the other side.

Fort [roll0]

Once through, she studies the magic circle, trying to determine if it's a Protection from Evil style effect.

Pol Detson
2016-12-04, 09:50 AM
The dwarf's hammer come crushing down! The silver dust is scattered on the ground and the stone cracked below from the strength of the blow.

The dwarf laugh. It was a cold, humourless, but triumphant laughter.

"Ah, mortals, mortals. So easy!" his form altered, he grew to be higher than a humanoid, but still resembling a muscular human.

Hilata jumped into the room, withstanding the trap-spell. She saw the broken binding circle on the floor.

"More strangers? The wizard is not in home, is he?" Outsider smiled "I am afraid I need to kill you all.

Yeah, that was an evil outsider in the circle.

It's a dao, an evil genie from Elemental Plan of Earth.

Initiative rolls:
Outsider:[roll0]
Paladin: [roll1]
N: [roll2]
T: [roll3]
S: [roll4]
H:[roll5]

Edit: you are going first. Hilata and Thast are in the room with Outsider, the rest of you in the main hall and you don't have line of sight on it.

J-H
2016-12-04, 10:05 PM
Hilata
"That's no dwarf! Thrast, back through the portal - set up a defensive line and get ready!"

Hilata moves back through the portal again, and behind someone with a melee weapon, readying a spell.

If it emerges through the portal, she will hit it with Vertigo (PHB2)
Will DC 15 to negate, SR:No, duration 5 rounds
At the start of each turn, the creature must make a DC10 Balance check or it can't move (arguably, losing its move action entirely; unclear wording). If it fails by 5 or more, it falls prone. While under the effects of the spell, the target also has -2 on attack rolls and saves.

Pol Detson
2016-12-05, 02:30 PM
Hilata rushed through into the room and backed out, but when she stepped out through the sheet of absolute darkness and the spell-trap activated again. She emerged on the other side, but the light didn't returned. The magic stole her sight.

Lady Meredith Sevengriff, hearing the commotion and shouts about circle, unsheathed her sword and spoke activating phrase. Flames pierced by small lightnings discharges engulfed the blade.

Hilata: Blindness save (DC 15): [roll0]

Hilata is affected as perblindness (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/blindnessDeafness.htm) spell.

Ghostfoot
2016-12-06, 04:33 AM
Natali

"What is it? Where's Thrast?" Natali stands ready at the portal, preparing to block the way of anything hostile that may come through.

Not-an-action: 5ft step if needed
Standard action: Readied attack vs anything non-Thrast that comes through. +1 Longsword [roll0] damage [roll1]

Condition
Shield block (+1 shield AC vs dao, not included in above stat block)

J-H
2016-12-06, 12:30 PM
Blind, Hilata stumbles out of the portal and tries to get behind some of the other members of the party. She casts no spells.

Aparator al Zei
2016-12-06, 10:45 PM
"Now now Stone brother we don't need to resort to any killing now." Thrast says trying to distract the creature while Hilata escaped. Once she was through the portal he looked at the creature, and than back at the portal. No doubt he could make a break for it and get help, however he had set this creature free, and it was his fault now whatever came of its actions. He could not in good concious retreat. "I'm sorry Lass, I do not know what this beast may be, but I set it free." Thrast calls out as he looks to the humanoid figure, keeping his back towards the portal.

"You will not get away with pretending to be one of my brothers creature, Mordain's hammer will see to that." Thrast says attacking the beast with all his might.

Dwarvencraft Warhammer [roll0] Damage [roll1] +1 fire damage

samduke
2016-12-07, 12:10 PM
Sara watches as Hilata moves back through the portal again, unable to see

sara stands ready holds action

if foe attacks party then
PH:[roll0] OH:[roll1]
confirm crit PH:[roll2] OH:[roll3]
Damage:[roll4] OH:[roll5]

Pol Detson
2016-12-09, 09:11 AM
Thrast
Thrast's hammer impact the evil genie. He tried to parry it with arm, but the flame and steel left an mark on the earth-like skin and solid bruise. Outsider growled with as much fury as pain.

The genie lift his open palm, but not to attack directly. The sound of stone scrapping on stone.. Dwarf shoot a quick glance behind him and noticed that the door were now blocked by new stone wall.

Natali, Hilata, Sara

They hear clash of steel, a growl and stone moving on stone.. and nothing else. Neither Moradin's cleric nor the Outsider emerge from the lightless doorway.

Thrast hit the dao.. but now he is cut off in the room with it via Stone Wall.

J-H
2016-12-09, 09:21 AM
Hilata

Hilata, blind, takes no action. "I can't see..." she whispers.

samduke
2016-12-10, 01:02 PM
sara moves o arms reach of Hilata here hold on me if needed

Aparator al Zei
2016-12-10, 08:48 PM
I am a child of Moradin if you think such a small trick will stop me you are sadly mistaken creature. Thrast points out to the beast as he hears the sound of rumbling stone from behind him and can guess at what the creature had done. Not wanting to waste the chance to strike however Thrast brought the full force of his warhammer down upon the beast hoping to stop it once and for all.

If I am not mistaken his action provokes an AoO as he is casting a spell on the side of Thrast, if this is the case [roll0] Damage [roll1] +1 fire damage

Normal attack for the round [roll2] Damage [roll3] +1 fire damage

Ghostfoot
2016-12-11, 04:54 AM
Natali

"Thrast didn't make it back through" Natali grips her sword and looks over at the other three making sure everyone else is safe.

Pol Detson
2016-12-12, 03:03 PM
"So we need to rescue him!" the paladin shouted back at Natali. Her magical sword pierced the darkness and with loud "clang!" hit the stone on the other side. "It's blocked."

Thrast

Dwarf's hammer struck true. The hit cracked a rib or two.. The overconfident genie roared in the pain as the weapon branded him with fire and then the second one hit come..

"NOW IT"S PERSONAL, FOOL!"

His stone-like fist struck from above. First punch hit the dwarf helmet, sending shockwave of pain through Thrast body. The second was deflected by Moradin's blessings.

It's SLA so it provoke AoO. Both rolls were crazy good.

[roll0]; crit:[roll1] damage: [roll2]
[roll3]; crit:[roll4] damage: [roll5]

Aparator al Zei
2016-12-12, 08:51 PM
As the first hit from the stone like creature came down on Thrasts head he momentairly lost all senses as he tried to orientate himself with his surroundings. However thanks to his previous protections the beast was not able to take advantage of its momentary gain. "It was personal the minute you impersonated one of me brothers and than told me you would kill me and all my kin." Thrast shot back at the creature taking a step back so he could cast the spell in question without being interrupted by another of the creatures attacks.

Move action 5ft. step back
Standard action due to not being in range of a melee attack, casting Spiritual weapon to be summoned in the square he just left

Spiritual weapon attack roll [roll0] Critical confirmation [roll1] Damage [roll2] (plus [roll3] if critical hit)
Caster Level check if needed against spell resistance for first attack [roll4] Also not 100% sure but saying it counts as a magical attack would it be considered against touch AC or normal AC?

Thrast
Hp 22/36
AC 28

Pol Detson
2016-12-14, 06:46 PM
Lady Sevengriff charged thourgh dark entryway, stepping into the room. Her sword flame casted an uneven and flickery light into the room. She took the last step and jabbed with the sword into the dao's hearth, but he deflected it with his arm.

Moradin send a divine sliver of a sliver of Soulhammer to assist his cleric. The blow was slighting too slow - the evil genie avoided it, fighting tow enemies at once.

Paladin blindness(DC 15): [roll0]
Attack against Dao: [roll1] crit:[roll2] damage: [roll3] elem: [roll4] (if not blind)

No one changed the action, so it's next turn. Hilata, Sara and Natali and then Dao..

Ghostfoot
2016-12-15, 05:30 AM
Natali

Gritting her teeth against whatever sorcery may assault her, Natalie nevertheless dashes after Lady Sevengriff. Spying the paladin and Thrast in combat against the dao she shouts a challenge and moves forward to attack.

Move action: Through the portal
Swift action: Knight's challenge +1 attack & +1 dmage if it is at least CR3
Standard action: Attack dao +1 Longsword [roll0] damage [roll1] (incl. Knight's challenge)

Condition
Knight's challenge (included)
Shield block (+1 shield AC vs dao, not included in above stat block)

Pol Detson
2016-12-15, 06:58 AM
Natali rushed through the portal and charged surprised genie. She shouted the challenge!

Her sword struck true - piercing the heart of evil Outsider. The dao inhuman blood splattered on the ground and knight's rised shield and sword. His dead weight bore down Natali.

The body didn't disappear. Called Outsider are mortal on the Material Plane.

That went quicker than I thought. :smallwink:

Ghostfoot
2016-12-16, 05:12 AM
Natali

"Thrast, are you okay? Some sort of conjurer's sorcery. Be careful what you touch, lest there's more trickery or enchantments." she says to everyone as she looks about the room, sword and shield still at the ready.

Natalia doesn't really understand what just happened, other than it could happen again.

Spot [roll0]

Pol Detson
2016-12-16, 06:04 AM
"That was an exquisite strike, lady Natali!" Meredith said, then she turn to dwarf and ask "Do you need healing?"

Paladin lifted her sword to illuminate the chamber. Natali saw the stone, featureless walls. Only four bronze lamps installed in walls, fully covered, no windows or any furniture. It was dedicated summoning room.

Aparator al Zei
2016-12-16, 09:59 PM
"Besides feeling like me mother just got done hitting me over the head with an anvil, I will live." the dwarf says taking off his helm for a moment and checking for any sort of dents or other such imperfections he may have to fix at a forge at a later time. "Would be doing a lot worse though had the lot of you not been able to make it through that wall. I scored a few solid hits on the beast, but lets just say I rather not do that again any time soon." Thrast says with a jolly laugh to the brave knight who had saved his life as she looks around the room. "If you like lass, this is dwarven design, I can look it over to make sure there are no other hidden dangers." the dwarf offers her, searching the room if that is what she wishes.

[roll0] Not going to waste to much time searching the room yet with spells slowly running out.

"If you wouldn't mind, I could ask the soul forger, however one of us may be needing his magic later on." the dwarf admits to Paladin Meredith, accepting any healing she offers.

Not sure how much she can heal, but he is shy 14hp from full

Ghostfoot
2016-12-17, 01:42 PM
Natali

"Ilmater guided my blade true, thankfully" acknowledges Natali. Hesitant to pass through the blinding portal again, she stands guard as Thrast searches the room. "No wizard, but he has been dabbling in dangerous summonings. What business would he have consorting with such devils?"

all outsiders look the same to Natali

Aparator al Zei
2016-12-17, 09:40 PM
Actually Natali if I had to guess it would have been a native to the plane of earth given how its skin looked as well as the blow it dealt me in the head. Though I can not be one hundred percent sure due to not knowing much about the creature it seems to make sense as it called me a cousin, which many earth creatures no doubt would consider a child of the soul forger. the dwarf explains to her, hoping to clear up some of the confusion. As to what the wizard was doing with it I am not sure, however we do know that he was attacked quite some time ago due to what the outsider said. That he hadn't seen the wizard, nor would he have let anyone in the room had he been inside the house. This means he is either dead, in hiding, or captured and somehow being kept hidden in the village or something similar. I think we should all take a room and search it to make sure we didn't miss anything. Take our time doing it, we may find more clues as to where our wizard friend ran off to. Thrast says to the others, waiting to see if they agreed with his deduction.

Pol Detson
2016-12-20, 09:00 AM
"I guess the wizard business - knowledge and power. " Meredith answered. She then invoked prayer to Torm and laid her hand on Thrast head, healing most of the wound.

Thrast searched the room and it was truly featureless - except summoning circle now destroyed by genie' blood it was lacking even common dust.

The one thing revealed by searching close to the doorframe was a small moving part and with faint 'click' the trap was disabled and now you could see through and step out of the room without risking being blinded.

Thrast searched the body of genie and found two things: a belt that was probably magical and collection of small gems in it's beard that turned out to be true.

The party left the room and searched other rooms. As suspected the store-room didn't contain any surprised.

The wizard bedroom turned out to hide a secret door below the carpet. Thrast found it only by careful inspection - the whole thing was covered by illusion of normal floor. The trapdoor was only discovered when he closely inspected the floor with touch.

Hilata blindness seemed to be permanent. She and Thrast knew the spell that could cause it. Dispelling it would require a specific cleric spell that Cleric of Moradin could cast.. tomorrow.

Thrast regain 12 HP.

Loot:
Magic(?) belt;
and gems worth around 1000 gp;

I would say that the 5 minute-long buffs are over at this point.

samduke
2016-12-20, 12:21 PM
until Hilata's blindness is cured Sara will do what she can to aid her ally around.

Aparator al Zei
2016-12-20, 12:28 PM
Knowing they would find very little enemies left in the house, if any at all Thrast spent the rest of his time searching the entire house room by room, making sure that not a single thing was missed due the dwarven construction of the home. "I found us a belt and some gems, if you give me enough time I can probaly figure out how much the gems are worth, though the belt may be beyound my guess work. Any of you know how to use magic to guess what items do?" he asks holding it in one hand while looking at it carefully, trying to determine if there was any sign of what it might do.

Spellcraft check [roll0]

Once he was done trying to guess at everything the dwarf was more than happy to have found the trap mechanisim, and quickly shut it off so no one else could befall its danger. "Thank you for the healing Meredith (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/a9/2d/dc/a92ddcde6aa84be926bc5cb3af6693a5.jpg) I will remember your kindness in the battles to come." Before he turns to Hilata who still seemed to be blind. " I am sorry lass, it is all my fault, I will ask the soul forger to heal you come the morning's light, however until then I offer to be your shield and guide until you have your eyes back." Thrast pledges to her.

When the secret room is found inside the wizards bedroom he looks to his companions a bit troubled. " I understand what the mayor wanted us to do today however Hilata is blind and may get harmed down below for not being able to defend herself from certain things I may bot be able to protect her from, and I myself am not even in the best condition to continue. Perhaps we leave through the way we came in, and return in the morning? Until then we can inform the mayor of what we have accomplished and check to making sure the town is ready should this barrier fall with the remainder of our day? Who knows maybe we can use these gems to try and convince the traders in town to help the people out here as well." Thrast suggest to the group, waiting to hear what they had to say on the idea.

Ghostfoot
2016-12-21, 04:21 AM
Natali

"I have no skill with magics. It just looks like a normal belt to me. It's magic you say?.....This hidden trapdoor is interesting. Unless anyone has a way of establishing what lies beyond then we must hold back. Thrast, if your divine resources are sapped and Hilata is impaired we should recuperate and return"

I'm happy to rest

Aparator al Zei
2016-12-21, 10:10 PM
To be honest I am more worried about Hilata blindness than my own abilities, the gods gift me with their strength yes, but all my life I have worked the forge. Each item you see on me crafted from ore was crafted by my own two hands. If it were just my own welfare I would say press on." Thrast says openly explaining that he was not worried for his own sake, but for Hilata's. In truth he felt it was his fault she had become blind, had he understood the magic in the room better, or simply not rushed in and actually searched the door she may not have become blind, but instead he was to hasty, and as such one of his own had become harmed. Never again, from now on we do things the smart way, not the fast. Thrast tells himself, his outword emotions like the stone all around him, but on the inside conflicted at his companions condition.

J-H
2016-12-21, 10:21 PM
Hilata

Hilata smiles. "Thank you all for your consideration. Perhaps we can find a few small things to do today, and then save all the big things for tomorrow?"

Ghostfoot
2016-12-21, 10:24 PM
Natali

"Agreed. Here this way..." Natali will ensure that Hilata has the arm of one of the others and then leads the way out, back to report to the Mayor in the first instance

Pol Detson
2016-12-22, 10:00 AM
The paladin fallows the wounded party to the Mayor house. It took them less than fifteen minuets, so they found Ermond Attendarrow in the middle of town square, arguing with the group of the merchants. It seems not to go well.

"NO! The town is full of thieves and murderers! I will not give you command over my private guards! It's unacceptable! the protesting merchant was tall and skinny as scarecrow, but his voice rang like bell. He was surrounded by group of dour traders.

Aparator al Zei
2016-12-22, 12:08 PM
Who you calling a thief and murderer? Thrast shouts out loud, his warhammer strapped to his belt, and his shield to his back as he sees the mayor and listens to the arguing. So you think you have a better chance hiding in your damn wagon when this bubble goes down than you do helping the people of this town who are stuck in the same boat as you? the dwarf spits out at the lead merchant, his chest puffing out. You are either going to die in this bubble, killed by the people you refuse to help because your to damn selfish, or killed by the enemy who caused this damn bubble when we find a way to break it you keep up the way your all going. The dwarf says sternly looking at each of the merchants in kind at his last comment.

This is why us dwarves see you as lesser people, you don't know when to ban together to fight a common enemy, you rather bicker among yourselves and try to put yourselves ahead while we dwarves become a force as sturdy as the very mountains we mine. He says not mentioning anything about the gems for now, after all they were not only his, but his allies as well and it would be rude of him to offer them in trade without asking.

I was going to roll a diplomacy check and sound a bit kinder, however dwarves are more gruff around the edges to most races and very blunt. In a dwarven town this wouldn't even be going on so instead I will be rolling for intimidation

[roll0] untrained (will use this as aid another if someone else tries to roll intimidate otherwise its him acting on his own)

Ghostfoot
2016-12-24, 04:54 AM
Natali

The knight stands sternly next to the dwarf, glowering at any who dare disagree and ready to endorse the Mayor's commands.

Aid another [roll0]

Pol Detson
2016-12-29, 07:59 PM
The armored knight, paladin and dwarf cut into the negotiations. The voice of cleric silenced all. One of the merchants opposing mayor was a dwarf and he was the one to say.

"True, true. Hear him out." He put a hand on the Scarecrow arm, stopping him from speaking "But where is the enemy? Who trapped us here? When and how are you going to open the way out? Among other despicable traits of humans you didn't mention is fact that at the merest sign of trouble, theirs lords and rulers always grab as much as they can. They never let crisis go to waste and a honest and prudent merchant must take it into account before giving them even a single hard-earned coin.

Aparator al Zei
2016-12-29, 09:14 PM
Hearing out his fellow dwarf Thrast can sympathize with what he was saying, however if none of them would agree to even seek a compromise neither side would win. " Brother I am Thrastrulim Hammerfoot, servant of the soul forger and I understand what you are saying. As a smith I know how much work each merchant puts into their wares, and to see a piece of their soul be sold for anything less is a hard price to swallow. However think on this for the moment we are all trapped inside, and it is known that the merchants have food and water, something this town is running out of. On one hand you could take a small hit to profits, while still making some coin, or you could risk the town turning on the merchants and taking it all and not paying." Thrast explains to his brother dwarf in words that would be simple for the two to understand, being a fellow crafter himself he understood their plight to an extent. "Perhaps instead of the town and merchants fighting you should instead come together as one united front." at this he turns to the mayor.

"If the merchants agreed to lower their prices slightly will you help defend them when the barrier falls that surrounds this village? For this is a two way streak. If they are to take a cut in profit you must also be willing to help defend them when the time comes. Perhaps a 25% discount on essentials only?" Thrast says looking to the dwarven merchant to see if he agreed with such a neogiation. It may not be a great deal, however both parties would gain something from such a small trade, and with luck perhaps begin to work out agreements on their own without help from outsiders.

"This very day myself and my fellow companions were chased into the village from a tribe of goblins, however they seemed very organized, and given the power of this magic surrounding us I do not doubt someone else is leading them. However in but a few short minutes we have saved the paladin that went into the town wizards home, and struck down a mighty beast that may have destroyed the village had someone else found it before we did." Thrast explains, pulling out the gems and belt as proof of what they had accomplished in such a short time. "In the morning we plan to return to the wizards home and finish clearing it out of whatever other things that may be causing this town to be sealed inside itself. But when that time comes, the army outside will attack and we all need to be ready for when it does. If the people guarding the town are hungry and tired fighting with the tools of a farmer they will no doubt fall to the blades of the goblins and whatever else lays beyound. But if we show them a bit of dwarven ingenuity and work together we may all live to laugh around a nice fire as we tell our own stories about how we bested an army. Tell me brother what glories would that bring your house? A merchant saving an entire city from starvation as he fought of hordes of goblins?" Thrast said appealing to his dwarven pride.

Who knows maybe I will get lucky twice.......[roll0]

J-H
2016-12-29, 10:01 PM
Hilata
Although blinded, Hilata nods along with Thrast's speech.

"Indeed. If living and glory does not appeal enough to you, also consider that word of the events hear will eventually get back to the Crown. Your part in this, whether for good or for ill, could be part of that report."

Diplomacy [roll0]
Bluff [roll1]

Ghostfoot
2016-12-31, 02:47 PM
Natali

"Yes. And the church looks favourably on those willing to suffer themselves to the benefit of others and while some will give their last drop of blood even those who give selflessly by more appropriate means will no doubt be recognised."

Aid another [roll0]

Pol Detson
2017-01-04, 04:27 PM
"All he is saying about wizard's house and my rescue is true." Lady Sevengriff put unshakable conviction of paladin behind the words.

The dwarf consider for a short moment and said:

"I am not a fool to doubt Soul Forger's priest and paladin and a pious knight on top of that. I think the danger is real and when you say we should prepare, we should start immediately. " the last bit was thrown in the direction of other merchants.

The group started to argue between themselves and it took some minutes, but merchants did agree to offer any help necessary to defend the town from goblins and share all the food supplies with the town if they will be fairly recomposed for it. Meredith Sevengriff promised that they will be paid by Council or Lyrabar. No one questioned the word of Torm' paladin.

Good job everyone.:smallsmile:

Aparator al Zei
2017-01-05, 01:19 AM
"Well I think our work is done here, Hilata why don't we go and get you to the inn, this way you can have a nice meal, and rest up. I promise in the morning I shall restore your sight and we can finish what we all began. If you all wish to do something else however I am fine with staying with Hilata, after all it is my fault she is like this to begin with." Thrast says to the others, offering them the each one of gems that was found. "Each of these be worth a small fortune, if you have any need of supplies you could always use the gems to pay some of your way. Just please make sure someone is back before 2am to take over my shift. When that time comes I will need to go to one of the town's forges so that I may pray to the Soul Forger." he explains to the others this would allow him to get the sleep he needed.

So looking at the craft skill I would need to beat a 67 to craft a dagger in a single day (DC12 so not a huge deal as I always pass) however I could try making a single shortspear which I would only need a 30 on (I have a +11 modifier so it is possible, if I explained it is to help the town defend itself I could perhaps get him to aid another for a total of +13) which do you think I should try to go for?

Pol Detson
2017-01-05, 05:09 PM
The paladin looked at the dwarf and asked him and other Swordpoints:

"Should I take over preparations and command over the mercenaries and other defenders? If so I would need several strong people to take wizard's supplies out of the house, if you think it's good idea to do it now."

J-H
2017-01-05, 08:49 PM
Hilata

"As far as I can see," (the blind woman smirks) "- in all seriousness, the townsfolk could use a trusted single commander for the defenses. I think you'll do an excellent job. Once we get this fixed," gesturing at her sightless eyes, "We'll try to keep working on finding the cause of this barrier. Any chance your god can shed some light on it for us?"

Ghostfoot
2017-01-05, 09:23 PM
"A sound idea. We will benefit from having the militia under your command, Lady Sevengriff.

To the party, If we're done here, let's be on our way. We should report to the Mayor before recuperating and getting Hilata's eyesight restored. If there's anything we can do in the meantime, great, but otherwise we plan to investigate the wizard's basement as soon as we can."

Aparator al Zei
2017-01-06, 12:21 PM
"You have my vote Lady Sevengriff, we already told the mayor a few things that should help keep the townspeople busy as well as getting the place ready for battle. If you think they could be doing better things though I will not question your judgement." Thrast replies before looking to the others.

"Aye let us go speak with the mayor so we can do what needs to be done for the rest of the day. After all having permission to use their forges may help a bit." the dwarf smirked as he realized he never really asked permission to do so, as where he was from their was always an anvil waiting for a clergy member of Mordain to work at.

Pol Detson
2017-01-07, 07:26 AM
"My Lord is not a god of magic. Priest of Azuth or Mystra could help you, but I cannot. " Lady Sevengriff answered Hilata. "I am open to all suggestions. If there is something you think can help to set up the defence I am all ears, sir Hammerfoot."

The Mayor, standing few steps from the group and hearing all the discussion rised his eyebrow at the knight and dwarf suggestion that they should go to report to him. He wasn't shocked, because propensity of adventurers to forgot who is standing and listening around them is well know.

"Would you want to talk with me in private?"

"Hey, we want to know too. What is happening? Where is the cursed wizard? Don't keep the secrets from us, when we give you so much to help!" the tall merchant chipped in.

Lady Sevengriff sighed.

Aparator al Zei
2017-01-08, 12:54 AM
Well in dwarven cities we try to funnel our enemies into going the direction we want them to go. So we grab wagons and block of side streets and other such places we do not wish for them to go, placing dagger like knives in such a way where it they were to try and charge it or move it they would cut themselves in the process. Most enemies won't take the time to move such an item with a few defenders behind the upturned wagon, however if you just locked the wheels into place I am sure that could easily work as well. Perhaps have pits dug directly behind the wagons they do not need to be to deep mind you however it will make sure that if someone tries to jump over the barricade they will not have a pleasant landing. the dwarf offers up in suggestion.

The rest would come down to what you can find in the wizards lab that is easily usable. I wouldn't try fooling around with anything that is not very simple to understand however as you may cause more harm than good. Also remind them to use the door I created to enter the building, not any other way."

"The wizard is a part of this town, as such the mayor has the right to choose what outsiders know about the citizens of the town. And you are being paid for your help not giving it freely so I am not so inclined to share what we have learned with you unless the mayor believes it is okay to do so." Thrast explains looking to see if the mayor minded the merchants knowing about what they had found so far in the wizards home.

Ghostfoot
2017-01-13, 05:51 AM
Natali

While the dwarf is talking with Lady Sevengriff and the merchants Natali speaks quietly to the mayor, off to one side. "Look, people are anxious. Your job is to keep them focused. You should know we found some weird stuff in the wizard's home. Dark summonings. No sign of the wizard though, alive or dead. Yes we're unhurt although my companion here has had her eyesight magically obscured - if there's anyone in town that can help with that please let me know. And anything else you might know about the wizard and what he was up to? Unless you can shed any light on any of that we'll be headed back into the wizard's home tomorrow while you and Lady Sevengriff work with the merchants and the able-bodied to prepare the town for attack."