PDA

View Full Version : Blindsense Spell

ZhanStrider
2016-09-25, 05:07 PM
There's a level 2 Wizard/sorcerer spell that grants blindsense, but im away from my books and dndtools wont load. Can anyone give me its info? How long it lasts, and how far it goes ect? thanks

Thurbane
2016-09-26, 12:27 AM
Had a quick look, and can't see anything that is Sor/Wiz 2 (except maybe Alter Self?). Scratch that, Alter Self specifically doe not give blindsense.

There's Listening Lorecall, but that's Druid 2/Ranger 2. Also Embrace the Wild: again, Druid 2/Ranger 1.

There is Dragonsight, but that's Sor/Wiz 5.

JeminiZero
2016-09-26, 05:37 AM
More specifically, Listening Lorecall USED to be a Wizard level 2 spell, to the extent that it was included in TLN's Batman Wizard guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?104002). But it was changed in Spell Compendium to be Druid/Ranger.

AFAIK, the next closest thing is Sense of The Dragon [Races of Dragon 117], which is Wizard 3, goes up to 30 ft, and lasts 1 min/lvl.

ZhanStrider
2016-09-29, 10:04 AM
Had a quick look, and can't see anything that is Sor/Wiz 2 (except maybe Alter Self?). Scratch that, Alter Self specifically doe not give blindsense.

There's Listening Lorecall, but that's Druid 2/Ranger 2. Also Embrace the Wild: again, Druid 2/Ranger 1.

There is Dragonsight, but that's Sor/Wiz 5.

This is super weird, am i out of my mind? I showed my DM and he approved it and now i can't find it, am i just going nuts?

Darrin
2016-09-29, 11:24 AM
Sense of the Dragon (Sor/Wiz 3, RotD) gives... augmented non-visual senses out to 30'. What an odd way to phrase that... it gives the effects of blindsense, but doesn't actually call it blindsense. Huh.

Primal Senses (Sor 4, Dragon Magic) gives blindsense 10', but only if you're a Sorcerer with the dragonblood subtype.

Tremorsense (Sor/Wiz 3, SC) is in the same neighborhood.

Hmph. I'm not finding anything in 2nd level, except for blindsight in the FR books, but that was updated in the SC to Clr/Dru 3.

Thurbane
2016-09-29, 04:28 PM
This is super weird, am i out of my mind? I showed my DM and he approved it and now i can't find it, am i just going nuts?

I suspect JeminiZero has nailed it - Listening Lorecall was Druid 2/Ranger 2/Sor-Wiz 2 when it first appeared in Complete Adventurer, but dropped Sor/Wiz when it got reprinted in the Spell Compendium. The SC version also bumped up the req for Listen 12 to apply for Blindsight (to replace Blindsense at Listen 5. The older version was Listen 10 for Blindsight). Ask your DM if he will allow the CAd version to still apply.

It's 10 minutes/level, just as an aside.