PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Greyhawk Deity/Monk Feat question

sage20500
2016-09-25, 11:16 PM
Playing a gestalt campaign in the Greyhawk setting, and on one side of the gestalt I was using base monk for some flavor and fun, and I recently stumbled across the fact that I can be lawful neutral and still qualify for the Sun Soul Monk feat (To have things to do against undead when ever they show up) as well as the Sun Soul Monk PRC. Big question though, I'm pretty sure that Lathander isn't a native Greyhawk deity, does this mean that can't use those feats or prcs? (The dm has normally allowed us to use feats or prc's found in other campaign books with no issue, (We had a Warforged Druid of Miliki at one point so that the warforged didn't have to take the wooden body feat). I guess the other question would be if I its possible to switch the requirement of Lathander to maybe being one of the Greyhawk deity's like Pelor possibly.

ChaosStar
2016-09-26, 01:54 AM
From what little I know of the Greyhawk setting Pelor is a NG deity. Does the Sun Soul PrC have an alignment restriction regarding the deity and worshipper? If not then it seems fine to me.

Khedrac
2016-09-26, 02:21 AM
There are plenty of Greyhawk deities that that feat might be mapped on to, however it really is up to your DM which they will accept it for and which not. As such all we can really suggest is asking them about the feat and the order that teach it.

Thurbane
2016-09-26, 02:44 AM
Sun Soul appears to be a FR specific monk feat, that requires you to be part of the Sun Soul monk order, and worship Lathander, Selune or Sune.

RAW? no, you can't take this feat ina Greyhawk campaign, as the monastic order and deities do not exist there.

But if your DM is willing, it shouldn't be too hard to adapt the feat to fit into Greyhawk. As pointed out, Pelor is a decent substitute from Lathander (NG deity of the sun).

Some Greyhawk deities that have a connection or affinities with Monks:

Xan Yae (N)
Zodal (NG)
Zuoken (N)

A group called The D'ai Shatain are monks who follow the teachings of Xan Yae and Zuoken. They might do for the group.

...and others with affinity to the Sun:

Atroa (NG)
Azor'alq (NG)
Lydia (NG)
Nola (NG/LG)
Pholtus (LG/LN)