PDA

View Full Version : So deities...

Angelenigma
2016-09-26, 12:25 AM
So I am looking at deities. I found one but it is in dndwiki, which unless I can find a scond site, my DM doesn't allow it. I looked it up but it only appears in the wiki. I the name is Akulta. Is she somewhere in the end 3.5 books or is there a deity like her? I needs the help because I had originally picked palor but then I found out that he is sometimes considered evil. I would prefer someone like Akulta. Please help! Thank you!

Calthropstu
2016-09-26, 12:34 AM
isnt pelor the neutral good deity?

How is he considered evil?

Ashtagon
2016-09-26, 12:37 AM

Do a search for "pelor the burning hate".

Inevitability
2016-09-26, 12:38 AM

You clearly have never heard the legend of Pelor, the Burning Hate (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?443306-quot-Pelor-the-Burning-Hate-quot-(from-Wizards-forum)).

EDIT: Curses! Swordsaged again!

Angelenigma
2016-09-26, 12:41 AM
Do a search for "pelor the burning hate".

That is actually why I am hoping to find a new one.

Inevitability
2016-09-26, 12:42 AM
You know it's a non-official fan theory? It shouldn't prevent your ability to play a NG cleric of Pelor who follows his teachings without the Burning Hate ever coming up.

sage20500
2016-09-26, 01:01 AM
Honestly one of the major parts of that fan theory doesnt make very much sense. The issue with Malconvoker is entirely resolved by the class feature that says the malconvoker ignores the rules for summoning evil as a good character. That has nothing to do with the deitys alignment. At most the flavor text about the Malconvoker being a cleric of Pelor essentially turns into an issolated case of one of Pelor's more zealous followers is following the same logic that is used by Eberrons Silver Flame (so long as its for the greater good anything goes. "See that village over there, we found 3-5 lycanthropes among 60-80 villagers. Whelp guess that means we should put the village to the sword in order to make sure that no one else from there is in danger of spreading lycanthropy to other innocent people.")

Calthropstu
2016-09-26, 01:05 AM
lol

Quite the amusing read.

However, I am going to have to go with... no. That is more a standard continuity hiccup by multiple authors having different visions of the god Pelor.

Pelor is, in fact, a deity of good. I seriously doubt your gm is one of these "burning hate" believers. And if he is? Eh. No big deal. If you need to convert, convert.

Angelenigma
2016-09-26, 01:21 AM
Palor is good, but I would like a deity like Akulta because I am actually a medic. My DM allows pathfinder classes and Akulta is better suited but like I said originally, I don't know if she is an actual deity or not.

Zaydos
2016-09-26, 01:35 AM
Going to add to the chorus of 'it's a half-joke fan theory based on the fact that they added the Evil tag to a spell in the 3.0-3.5 edition change and did not change the art'.

That said if you're still looking for a... NG deity with the Healing Domain? Well I'm assuming you're looking for an NG deity with the Healing Domain as those are the points of similarity between the two. Also note that Pelor is very much a medic god (glance at Complete Divine's Radiant Servant of Pelor).

Tamara (Draconomicon) is applicable. Unlike humanoid deities the dragon deities seem not to have racial restrictions. "Tamara believes in mercy, both in life and in death." Is the first sentence of her dogma. Might be Bahamut's mom according to some of the 2e fluff.

Depending upon your race there are more options in the Races of X series but that is again dependent upon your race. Are you restricted to Greyhawk/generic deities or can Forgotten Realms or Deities and Demigods deities be used?

I mean Deities and Demigods gives (what I presume is a really poorly done and inaccurate given the quality elsewhere in the book) version of Imhotep as an NG deity with the healing domain. Balder also gets the Healing Domain as NG (Apollo gets it in the Olympians but is CG).

Solanil in Sandstorm is a NG goddess of healing and oases with a thing for planting seeds.

Hleid is a Frostburn NG goddess of healing and animals... but after getting killed(?) by her evil half-brother is a bit meaner than she was before.

Just a few other options, I'm sure there are more but I don't know where off the top of my head.

ChaosStar
2016-09-26, 01:38 AM
Tamara might be a good choice if your DM is allowing Faerunian deities along with deities from pantheons not of your race. Tamara is a intermediate deity from the Dragon pantheon. She's the Goddess of Life, Light, and Mercy. Please note I have next to no knowledge of Greyhawk as I prefer Faerun, so I don't know if she's a Greyhawk deity as well.

Edit: And Ninja'd

Inevitability
2016-09-26, 05:57 AM
Honestly one of the major parts of that fan theory doesnt make very much sense. The issue with Malconvoker is entirely resolved by the class feature that says the malconvoker ignores the rules for summoning evil as a good character. That has nothing to do with the deitys alignment. At most the flavor text about the Malconvoker being a cleric of Pelor essentially turns into an issolated case of one of Pelor's more zealous followers is following the same logic that is used by Eberrons Silver Flame (so long as its for the greater good anything goes. "See that village over there, we found 3-5 lycanthropes among 60-80 villagers. Whelp guess that means we should put the village to the sword in order to make sure that no one else from there is in danger of spreading lycanthropy to other innocent people.")

In Eberron clerics or paladins can't lose their powers and don't have restricted magic, though... A NG cleric in Greyhawk who's flinging around evil magic is most definitely going to have a talk with his superiors soon.

Thurbane
2016-09-26, 06:06 AM
In answer to the OPs question: as far as I can tell, Akulta is entirely homebrew, like 90% of what's on the dandwiki site.

As it's an "official looking" site, and lists a lot of official SRD material,many people assume it to be an official site. However, it is mostly a homebrew repository, with material of varying quality.

A quick search of Akulta shows her to be linked to a homebrewed campaign setting "Lore of Arda".

Mordaedil
2016-09-26, 06:32 AM
I think the real question nobody is asking here is, what deities does your DM allow?

Is he running a Greyhawk campaign, a Forgotten Realms campaign or a homebrew campaign (which is more the norm these days)?

Ask him what deities you can chose from that are similar to your alignment and if any of them have the domain you desire.

Maybe he has several, maybe he doesn't have any. If he's running a Greyhawk campaign, you can just be devoted to the cause of good and take any domain you please. Maybe it will inspire him to put one in for you. Maybe he just doesn't like the ones that exist already because of a hangup.

Work with your DM. He's there to help you.

Angelenigma
2016-10-03, 12:38 PM
I think the real question nobody is asking here is, what deities does your DM allow?

Is he running a Greyhawk campaign, a Forgotten Realms campaign or a homebrew campaign (which is more the norm these days)?

Ask him what deities you can chose from that are similar to your alignment and if any of them have the domain you desire.

Maybe he has several, maybe he doesn't have any. If he's running a Greyhawk campaign, you can just be devoted to the cause of good and take any domain you please. Maybe it will inspire him to put one in for you. Maybe he just doesn't like the ones that exist already because of a hangup.

Work with your DM. He's there to help you.

I do not know what we play, but most likely anything is as long as it isn't homebrew due to the fact some people have a class from pathfinder, some from the p1 and on from a 3.5 book that I can't remember. I will most likely look into the names of the deities everyone had provided to see how they fit. Thank you everyone!

Name1
2016-10-03, 07:41 PM
What are you playing? If you have 10 levels in Fighter, Paladin, Ranger or Barbarian AND are good aligned, you can become a deity and worship yourself :3

Doc_Maynot
2016-10-03, 07:52 PM
What about Mishakal, the Dragonlance (Which the Dragonlance Players Guide is 1st party) Goddess of Healing and Restoration, both in Body and Spirit?

Mordaedil
2016-10-04, 02:56 AM
I do not know what we play, but most likely anything is as long as it isn't homebrew due to the fact some people have a class from pathfinder, some from the p1 and on from a 3.5 book that I can't remember.
That seems like the very definition of homebrew, quite honestly.

Red Rubber Band
2016-10-04, 07:31 AM
Have a look at Lakal, the deceased goddess of Healing and Mercy.

lylsyly
2016-10-04, 11:59 AM
NAME: Myhriss
SOURCE: Living Greyhawk Gazetteer p177
ALIGNMENT: NG
NICKNAMES: “The Thrice-Kissed”, “Maid of Light and Dark”
PORTFOLIO: Love, Romance, Beauty
DOMAINS: Good, Healing, Protection
WEAPON: Shortbow –or– Whip