PDA

View Full Version : Freefall

halfeye
2016-09-26, 09:46 AM
It's a mistake (i.e. not a direct lie) if you don't know it's not true, right?

Grey_Wolf_c
2016-09-26, 12:27 PM
It's a mistake (i.e. not a direct lie) if you don't know it's not true, right?

Yes, but this case is actually best described as a delusion, rather than a mistake. Mistake is when, given incomplete facts, you reach a conclusion that is reasonable but false. Delusion is when you have to lie to yourself to be able to match your conclusion to facts that contradict it.

Grey Wolf

Rockphed
2016-09-26, 06:11 PM
Huh, there hasn't been a Freefall thread in a long time. *Alec Guiness Stare*

Yeah, Kornada is pretty much dead at this point. I'm just glad to see that not everybody at Ecosystems Unlimited is either incompetent or evil. I was starting to worry.

I guess the other option we had was "willing to work himself to death", but we only have 1 guy and the robots to show us that.

Lethologica
2016-09-27, 02:32 PM
Huh, there hasn't been a Freefall thread in a long time. *Alec Guiness Stare*
I blame myself for letting the last one die.

...said the transhuman AI about his apelike forebears.

It's been feeling like molasses since I transitioned from archive binging to update crawling. Maybe I'll start over. (No, bad idea.)

Grey_Wolf_c
2016-09-27, 02:54 PM
I blame myself for letting the last one die.

...said the transhuman AI about his apelike forebears.

It's been feeling like molasses since I transitioned from archive binging to update crawling. Maybe I'll start over. (No, bad idea.)

Not sure if you are aware of this (do excuse me if you are), but Freefall does have an infinite canvas reading version (http://tangent128.name/depot/toys/freefall/freefall-flytable.html#1) that you may find more to your liking.

GW

Lethologica
2016-09-27, 02:57 PM
Not sure if you are aware of this (do excuse me if you are), but Freefall does have an infinite canvas reading version (http://tangent128.name/depot/toys/freefall/freefall-flytable.html#1) that you may find more to your liking.

GW
no no stop tempting me ahhhhhhhh D:

(thank you for mentioning that, I did not know about it)

Rockphed
2016-09-27, 09:34 PM
no no stop tempting me ahhhhhhhh D:

(thank you for mentioning that, I did not know about it)

Wow, I didn't know about that. That is either the best or worst thing I have come across all day.