PDA

View Full Version : Rules question regarding weapon abilities and touch attacks.

sage20500
2016-09-26, 01:16 PM
I currently have a character that is a tripping unarmed swordsage with knockdown and improved trip. She is equipped with a cursespewing strength sapping +1 ward cestus. I make an attack, it deals more then 15 damage, enemy rolls save for curse effect and exhaustion (or fatigue i forget which one streng sapping does at the moment). Lets say he saved in both. Knockdown now triggers, i make the touch attack for tripping, i hit. Does the enemy roll another set of saves for this attack since i using the ward cestus as my weapon?

Now if they do and lets say they hypothetically save again, i make my final attack granted with improved trip because o successfully trip them. I now declare that i am expending a stunning fist use to use the one SF feat that says your attack deals no damage but the target if you hit takes a -6 strength penalty no save. I hit the enemy, i deal no damage and they take the penalty. Do they roll saves again for the two weapon enchantments?

Diarmuid
2016-09-26, 03:20 PM
An important distinction for your example is that Cursespewing and Strength Sapping only trigger when the weapon deals damage.

They would not "proc" on a Trip attack.

They would not proc on a regular attack where you deal no damage, like your SF example.

Troacctid
2016-09-26, 07:31 PM
I currently have a character that is a tripping unarmed swordsage with knockdown and improved trip. She is equipped with a cursespewing strength sapping +1 ward cestus. I make an attack, it deals more then 15 damage, enemy rolls save for curse effect and exhaustion (or fatigue i forget which one streng sapping does at the moment). Lets say he saved in both. Knockdown now triggers, i make the touch attack for tripping, i hit. Does the enemy roll another set of saves for this attack since i using the ward cestus as my weapon?
No. You have to deal damage with the weapon to trigger the effects.

Now if they do and lets say they hypothetically save again, i make my final attack granted with improved trip because o successfully trip them. I now declare that i am expending a stunning fist use to use the one SF feat that says your attack deals no damage but the target if you hit takes a -6 strength penalty no save. I hit the enemy, i deal no damage and they take the penalty. Do they roll saves again for the two weapon enchantments?
Trick question. Per errata, Knockdown doesn't grant an extra attack with Improved Trip.