PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Playable Dwarven Subraces. PEACH

manfred911
2016-09-26, 01:42 PM
This is my first shot at homebrew and the feedback would be great. Just wanted to do some of the 3.5e variants and some flavor.

-Shield
Ability Score Increase: Your Strength score increases by 1.
Shield Proficiency: You gain proficiency with all shields.
Shield Ally: You gain advantage against a creature you target with a melee weapon attack if at least one of your allies wielding a shield is within 5 feet of both you and the target and that ally isn't incapacitated.

-Desert
Ability Score Increase. Your Wisdom score increases by 1.
Desert Dweller: You’re also naturally adapted to cold climates, as described in chapter 5 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide.
Not of the Stone: Lose Stonecunning and gain advantage on survival checks in the desert.

-Glacier
Hardy: You’re also naturally adapted to cold climates, as described in chapter 5 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide.
Icecunning: This ability replaces Stonecunning and applies to ice instead of stone.

-Sea Cliff
Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity score increases by 1.
Steady Footed: Lose Stonecunning and gain advantage on Athletics checks when it comes to balance, swimming, and to avoid being knocked back.
Tool Proficiency: You gain proficiency with the Navigator’s tools.

-Reaving
Forest Homeland: Lose Stonecunning and gain advantage on Survival checks when it comes to forest and heavily wooded areas. You lose your proficiency with the throwing hammer and warhammer, but gain proficiency with the shortbow and longbow.
Fleet of Foot: Your base movement speed increases to 30ft. Your speed is reduced by heavy armor.

Kathulex
2016-09-26, 07:32 PM
I like them. However, Shield and Reaving give obvious, mechanical advantages (speed and attack advantage not unlike sneak attack) while others are more flavorful with stonecunning replacements.

manfred911
2016-09-27, 11:38 PM
For the Shield Dwarf I wanted something more along the lines of the Spartan Hoplites, any suggestions for better balance? Maybe have it only apply to attacks of opportunity? For the Reaving Dwarf I tried to balance out the additional speed by taking away the Dwarf's speed not being reduced while in heavy armor.

eleazzaar
2016-09-29, 05:01 AM
You have the 5e tag on this.

manfred911
2016-09-29, 07:09 AM
Yes, its a take of the 3.5 environmental racial variants adapted for 5e.