PDA

View Full Version : Undertale: I used all my good heals fighting Undyne. Am I gonna have a Bad Time?

MonkeySage
2016-09-26, 09:11 PM
Well, I know I'm about to. I've been asking for a bad time since the beginning. I just defeated Mettaton, dealt the poor guy nearly 1,000,000 damage, and went to stock up on the best heals I could afford at the MTT Resort.

But I'm worried they won't be able to heal me enough. Now, I expect to die a lot, I've heard this fight is even harder than Undyne. But any advice?

Ionbound
2016-09-26, 09:14 PM
Stop now and delete your save.

Emperor Ing
2016-09-26, 09:35 PM
Delete your save and make things right.

Razade
2016-09-26, 11:48 PM
Well, I know I'm about to. I've been asking for a bad time since the beginning. I just defeated Mettaton, dealt the poor guy nearly 1,000,000 damage, and went to stock up on the best heals I could afford at the MTT Resort.

But I'm worried they won't be able to heal me enough. Now, I expect to die a lot, I've heard this fight is even harder than Undyne. But any advice?

Stop now. Delete your save. Go play a better game. I suggest Ori and the Blind Forest or Enter the Gungeon.

huttj509
2016-09-27, 12:42 AM
ITT: people being jerks.

Sorry, I've not played Undertale, can't comment on your situation OP.

Cozzer
2016-09-27, 03:28 AM
I haven't played that route, but there are people who have been able to get past the next big fight with just a couple of healing items. It all depends on how much time you're willing to invest into learning its peculiar attack patterns. I think you'd need less time doing that than the time you'd need to redo the whole thing from the start, though. Or you can just watch the whole thing on Youtube as I did. :P

Maryring
2016-09-27, 05:35 AM
You're gonna have a bad time no matter what. Healing items are nice, but the only way to beat that cheap fight is with constant DETERMINATION.

Drascin
2016-09-27, 06:22 AM
I could never do it myself, because I don't have the heart to play Genocide, but from what I've seen of the fight, it's a long succession of suckerpunches you could probably not see coming the first time anyway, but which are fairly easy to avoid when you know what's coming, so if you keep trying at it you will eventually succeed.

MonkeySage
2016-09-27, 04:23 PM
Seems the problem isn't a lack of healing. It's needing to heal so often. XD

Forum Explorer
2016-09-27, 05:02 PM
Seems the problem isn't a lack of healing. It's needing to heal so often. XD

Kinda. A turn you spend healing doesn't progress the fight. So you MUST get good at dodging or you'll lose.

MonkeySage
2016-09-27, 05:11 PM
I did manage to get about... 4ish... attacks in.

Thufir
2016-09-29, 05:56 PM
As I recall I healed once or twice in the fight (and I saved the best healing items in the game for it), but really, what you need to win is mostly just practice. I think I died over 40 times before I won (I kept count while I was doing it, but it was a while ago now).

Oh, I will mention, there's a point about halfway through the fight where you will have an opportunity to heal safely. But it's after that point the fight gets really nasty so to be honest you pretty much need to be able to get to that point without taking a lot of damage (or any, preferably).

MonkeySage
2016-09-29, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I got dunked on... Figured that'd be as good as any time to just call a quits on the whole genocide thing, so I reset at that point.

Emperor Ing
2016-09-29, 07:03 PM
You're doing the right thing.

MonkeySage
2016-09-30, 04:25 PM
Flowey is so disappointed. XD You'd think he'd be happy I didn't kill him...

Forum Explorer
2016-09-30, 08:24 PM
Flowey is so disappointed. XD You'd think he'd be happy I didn't kill him...

Yeah, that is weird. By the way, have you done a Pacifist route yet?

MonkeySage
2016-09-30, 08:30 PM
Technically yes... But not on this appdata folder. Or at least not until now; I just defeated Photoshop Flowey, this dialog came after the fact. He's upset that I changed my mind on the whole 'destroy the world and kill Flowey plan'.

krai
2016-09-30, 08:34 PM
If you want to experience the Sans grind, Laura K Dale has a play through on YouTube wherein it takes her 16 hours to beat Sans (that's how much footage she has I believe there is a missing 6-7 hours where she wasn't recording.)

She is made of determination.

Landis963
2016-09-30, 11:01 PM
If you want to experience the Sans grind, Laura K Dale has a play through on YouTube wherein it takes her 16 hours to beat Sans (that's how much footage she has I believe there is a missing 6-7 hours where she wasn't recording.)

She is made of determination.

I'm trawling through it, trying to find the point where she gets dunked on.

Thufir
2016-10-01, 08:37 AM
Technically yes... But not on this appdata folder. Or at least not until now; I just defeated Photoshop Flowey, this dialog came after the fact. He's upset that I changed my mind on the whole 'destroy the world and kill Flowey plan'.

That's not the Pacifist ending. Photoshop Flowey is the boss at the end of the Neutral route. You probably need to go back and make friends with some more people (it's actually not possible to get the full Pacifist ending your first time completing the game, though if you didn't kill anyone you can still get it by reloading your save and doing the additional stuff rather than restarting the game).

MonkeySage
2016-10-01, 10:24 AM
That's not the Pacifist ending. Photoshop Flowey is the boss at the end of the Neutral route. You probably need to go back and make friends with some more people (it's actually not possible to get the full Pacifist ending your first time completing the game, though if you didn't kill anyone you can still get it by reloading your save and doing the additional stuff rather than restarting the game).

I know that. XD I've done all this before with another appdata folder. In fact, that's why i created a different appdata folder... Didn't feel right taking away a happy ending just to get another experience. I'm on my way to see Dr. Alphys and have our date now.

1dominator
2016-10-02, 09:36 PM
Don't feel bad, you would have had a bad time no matter what.

MonkeySage
2016-10-02, 11:06 PM
Oh I know. I got dunked on, but at that point the only reason I took the bait was because I kind of didn't want to finish. I was promised a bad time, and I definitely got it. Guess I lacked the determination; kinda glad I reset when I did though, knowing what I know now.