PDA

View Full Version : 2 year long campaign completed... What to chose when starting over?

CritNerd
2016-09-26, 10:10 PM
I finished a two year long campaign as an Arcane Trickster. Only made it to 14th level but it was a fun ride. Rolling a Critical on my sneak attack against Strahd as the final death stroke was the icing on the cake.

This Thursday, new DM starting Storm Kings Thunder. I've already rolled my stats (standard 4d6 drop 1 method) and came out with 15, 15, 15, 15, 14, 7. Craziest rolls I've ever had and opens up the race/class possibilities.

I kinda want to go long range on this one so I'm thinking about a v.human fighter archer w/crossbow expert right off the bat and dual weild long sword and hand crossbow. Take BattleMaster with Precision Strike, Menacing Attack and Riposte with the intent to MC into Rogue Assassin for sneak attack goodness after getting another attack and action surge.

Thoughts or feedback welcome.

Auramis
2016-09-27, 12:02 AM
What you got doesn't sound bad, but, for Ranger's sake (I'm a sucker for nature oriented classes), the UA ranger that was released this month seems stellar in comparison to its older version. Beastmaster is MILES ahead of its old incarnation. Have you given them a look?

lunaticfringe
2016-09-27, 01:46 AM
Inquisitive 4 or whatever you like I think would work better for ranged Sneak Attack Sexiness. Expertise Insight at Rogue 2 of course and you should be ok. Just my 2 bits, played a few Assassin builds. The benefits of Assassination are gone by Round 2. Bonus Action to be able to Sneak Attack every round for a minute is gold for archers. Its from the Gothic Character UA.