PDA

View Full Version : scheduling (I hope this type of suggestion is allowed)

akhamy2
2007-07-09, 07:04 PM
So.....
I was thinking about the new schedule (random), and because I will now be ckecking for a new comic many times a day, rather than once every two days, that there might be an alternative. Because the current schedule 3 comics a week at random times, perhaps at the end of the week rich could post a clump of three comics. then at least I wouldn't check so often.

this would be wierd on the forums because you would either have 3 dicussion threads for the comics or 1 big one for all of them.

anyway, just thinking out loud (sorta), Please post coments on this, or the new schedule.:smalltongue:

Guildorn Tanaleth
2007-07-09, 07:09 PM
Why don't you just resist the urge to check until the end of the week? Being the first to read the strip won't earn you a cookie (I think).

RMS Oceanic
2007-07-09, 07:15 PM
Alternatiely, you could take Rich's advice and subscribe to his RSS, so you receive an E-mail telling you when the site updates as soon as it does.

Guildorn Tanaleth
2007-07-09, 07:22 PM
Alternatiely, you could take Rich's advice and subscribe to his RSS, so you receive an E-mail telling you when the site updates as soon as it does.

Um... unless you've got an unorthodox feed reader, all that'll happen when the feed updates is that a new item appears in it.

RMS Oceanic
2007-07-09, 07:28 PM
Apologies, I mis-typed that. Sufficed to say, you'll be notified of an update to the site.

Ridureyu
2007-07-09, 07:29 PM
Why don't you just resist the urge to check until the end of the week? Being the first to read the strip won't earn you a cookie (I think).

*munch* *munch* say what?

Castamir
2007-07-09, 07:31 PM
Or do what most of us is doing -- subscribe to the RSS feed, and then suck Rich's bandwidth by refreshing the comic every a few minutes anyway, as if it could bring you the comic any faster.

BardicLasher
2007-07-09, 07:38 PM

That one time I was first, Rich gave me a pie.

Regneva
2007-07-11, 01:24 AM
How bout implementing a schedule system for the site, so Rich can post comics in irregular intervals while the system would "buffer" them and update them in appropriate time periods.

The "Regularizer" yeah...