PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Need Source Material for a setting idea (3.0/3.5/PF)

John Coake
2016-09-27, 01:31 PM
Basically, I had the idea for an 1880s-esque wild west style setting, where rapid technological advancements have lead to the general decline of magic in favor of industrial revolution-era technology. My main issue is I need as much pre-written rules as I can find for this sort of thing, as I'm trying to hammer out all the fluff, and would like to have something concrete to form it around without doing too much homebrewing. I'm open to all 3.0, 3.5, and Pathfinder materials(my groups use these sources interchangeably, barring any overpowered combinations we find), whether they be official, 3rd party, or even balanced pre-written homebrew. Please post whatever sort of thing you can find relating to this below, and even feel free to leave suggestions on how to run this. I'm welcome to all information!

NerdHut
2016-09-28, 04:05 AM
I don't know about the mechanics, but for fluff purposes, you might look around for something called "Boot Hill." Back in the late 80s, my dad played that (more than D&D, which my mom played). It's a wild west game that was functionally similar to AD&D 2nd Edition. It might help you with settings and descriptions.