PDA

View Full Version : Dyer's Moving Finger IC

Pages : [1] 2

DyerMaker
2016-09-27, 05:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KNcnb3j.jpg

The archer moves through the wood, reaching a high point on a knoll, he pulls his long hair backward to tie it off before grasping his bow from its perch on his back. The air is stale, unmoving, with a smell that permeates the senses. The archer is steady as he removes an arrow from its quiver for he knows the wood and the smell is commonplace to him. The arrow is balanced in his right hand. He toys with it momentarily, comfortable in his stance and purpose. The archer extends his left arm, holding the bow with grace as his muscles contract. The leather armor stretches across his back and tightens at the shoulder. The arrow is nocked. The archer waits, then releases the arrow; the bowstring cutting through the stale air like the wake of a great ship traversing an open ocean. The arrow vibrates as it leaves the bow, the fletching spins white and black swirling through the air. We follow the arrow. It's path shows us more than the vantage of the archer. The arrow flies through a ruined village, passing through the window of an abandoned home through the frame of a water well and then beyond a fence, unmended. The arrow continues through an open field embracing a mass grave and past a camp of humans driven to cannibalism then a burning wood. The arrow goes further, traveling toward the future. Crops burn, the populace shutters, and evil stakes its claim in the world which brings us to define our consciousness by what we know to be true and to react in a way that preserves our being to maintain our image of self and hope. Is there order to this world or do things appear random? The arrow flies through the wood and past the archer. Looking back from our point of view, the archer is steady but smiles. What is the archers position in this present darkness, why is his expression one that pervades time and space. We'll follow the arrow continually with the knowledge that it will not stop and having flown before and beyond us, it makes its less visible mark upon the world no less remarkable and equally impressive.

DyerMaker
2016-09-27, 05:43 PM
You awake.

Your last memory is that of entering this Azlanti vault, a small interior temple, dedicated to science, specifically the pursuit of astronomy. And then, frozen, a condition much like stasis that for a moment left your body unmoving but your mind clear and aware. For more than a minute you knew your fate and then you let loose to slumber.

grifter730
2016-09-27, 10:24 PM
Nox

"Oy, piss and ashes!" Nox cursed as he rubbed his temples and slowly righted himself up. "Feels like that time I snorted too much devil dust."

Staggering up, he holds his arms out for balance. "Shine, you still in my head?" He waits a moment. He looks down at his chest, and taps the crystal embedded at the center. It looked dull and lifeless. "Shine? Oy, don't leave me now, mate. I was just gettin' used to having a psychotic telekinewhatever being in me head. Oy, Shine! Shine!"

"It is an ill-mannered inbred that would refer to me by such a derogatory name." The voice in Nox's head quipped as the crystal on his chest began to glow.

"Got no time for your negativity, mate. What in the bloody Nine Hells just happened?" Nox focused his eyes and let it adjust, his vision crawling about the place, seeking his companions. "Shine, did you hear me, mate? What happened?"

Nox is conversing with his psicrystal, given the name Super-Heroic Intelligent Naysaying Entity, or SHINE for short. It tends to get him into all sorts of trouble due to its heroic personality always encouraging Nox to attempt rash actions for goodness sake.

Gunhaven
2016-10-01, 11:00 PM
Slowly Saltuk came too from what felt like too long with his thoughts. The tingle that felt like coming in from far too long in the cold thankfully brought him back from such things. Nox's words were what finally brought him fully back to reality, though. He let out a low groan to signify his presence without opening his eyes.

Slowly he concentrated as he grasped out for some rubble and forced it into the shape of his scorpion. Only when he was satisfied that his connection to the earth that surrounded them wasn't severed did he open his eyes and adjust to the temple, followed by another groan as he realized they were still in the same place. He spoke in his same deep, low voice that sounded like the earth he worked with "Next time you mess with unknowns, try and get us out of this room." He slowly stood and stretched, causing the scorpion to crumble back to the rock it was formed from.

BramsesII
2016-10-02, 04:36 PM
Taygete

"Of all the... Who pushed the wrong button?" The lashunta looks around, trying to get her bearings. "We still in the same place? Celaeno, 're you okay?" She grunts as she tries to get to her feet. After a few failed attempts she manages to strugglingly stand up, and she hobbles over to where she thinks her sister is. Taygete nudges her. "Hey, Cel, you okay?"

She looks around. "Saltuk, Nox, 're you two in one piece too? What 'bout Pannar? Does anyone have any idea what's goin' on?"

Phasm
2016-10-02, 09:38 PM
"Ugh..." Celaeno slowly gets to her feet, staggering a bit before catching herself. "Taygete? Are you all right?" In her disorientation, she speaks in Lashunta. "Oh, there you are. I don't think I'm injured... wait." She blushes slightly and switches to Common. "Right, right, speak in Taldane. Nox, were you the one who activated this device? I told you not to touch anything!"

grifter730
2016-10-03, 01:32 AM
"Oy! Why is it always my bloody fault, I dun even remember what happened. One minute I was looking at this little wee thing yea? And the next, I'm wakin up wi me head feelin' like I just snorted some cheap dust. Glad ye're okay too, mate!" Nox looks around to take in his surroundings. He taps the crystal on his breastplate again. "Shine, mate, tell these folks it wan't my fault. Or tell me what happened. Just do something useful, will you?

HappyMerecat
2016-10-05, 07:43 PM
Pannar

Pannar wakes and look around. "Lets not worry about fault. What happened? We were put to sleep, but why?"

He looks around to see if anything has been stolen.

Perception [roll0]

grifter730
2016-10-05, 11:15 PM
Nox points his fingers in Pannar's direction. "Now that's what I'm saying! He understands it. So, what happened here?"

DyerMaker
2016-10-06, 10:57 AM
Pannar looks around for missing items and the conversation continues as to what happened, how it happened, why would Nox randomly mess with the crystals, what happens next?

It is in this moment of confusion and grasping for answers that a voice speaks to you from the shadowed corner of the vault. A dwarf leans forward so that the light reveals most of his form. He is dressed in hides with salt-n-pepper hair and a long beard of the same coloring. He looks to be approaching middle age. In his left hand he holds a pink quartz and in his right a simple, hand-made quarter staff. The dwarf puts all of his weight on the staff to rise, giving a scowl as he favors his lower back.

Nox then notices that none of the lengths of quarts remain in or around the white marble pedestal; Which has become clear to all at this point.

I am Raynok. My people call me the Speaker of Truth, the Keeper of Days. Speaker will do. The dwarf gives a gracious smile and he continues to speak in a calm, gentle manner. This is a great day my friends. It is good to see ye awake and well. Speaker's voice is more emotional now. He gestures with his hands as well. For many years I have watched ye and studied, searched through the old tomes for answers ... and it worked. The dwarf gives out an emotional laugh, holding back obvious tears in this sobering moment. I shall name this day, "Sonas Cor" the day of Good Fortune, as he raises his arms upward. Reaching back to his pack, Speaker sits again on the stone bench. I have mead, water, carrots, and dried venison if ye like. Please, sit, introduce ye-selves. More jovial now. I've been waiting to know ye for so long.

HappyMerecat
2016-10-06, 06:24 PM
Pannar

Pannar looks at the dwarf and blinks, unsure what to say. "Um ... who ... how long?"

Phasm
2016-10-07, 12:39 AM
Celaeno just stands there and stares at the dwarf for a long moment. 'Many years'? 'Waited to know ye for so long'? A horrible suspicion begins to grow in her mind. "Ah, it's good to meet you, Speaker Raynok.' One mustn't forget manners, even in this situation. "What is the date?"

Gunhaven
2016-10-07, 09:38 AM
Saltuk took a step back and a rather obvious defensive stance as soon as he heard a stranger's voice. After a few seconds to get his wits about him he realized that if someone was going to shank him they would've done it while they were asleep. Instead he relaxed a touch and added "What tomes? What was this place?"

DyerMaker
2016-10-07, 03:49 PM
The look on Speaker's face and his mannerism, as well as the way he speaks gives you confidence that this dwarf is of sound mind and great wisdom. Yes, I suppose ye will have many questions. First, refresh ye'selves with food and drink and let us speak together. Speaker passes 'round the items of drink and food. There's no gentle way to frame this, so I'll get on with it; as Keeper of Days, the year is 280 World Reckoning (WR) or as ye know it 4996 of Aroden. The world ye knew, Golarion, is no more. His voice becomes more somber. We still mark the months, its Lamashan, the 10th month, 11th day.

As for me, I discovered ye 16 years ago this month. Aye, alive but unmoving. I visit ye once per week. No one breathes heavier than Nox there; he chuckles, fogged up my mirror real-quick-like ... closed this vault off so that no critters or raiders might defile or devour ye bodies. ... I'm sure ye have many questions. I'll answer them as best I can.

BramsesII
2016-10-07, 05:15 PM
Taygete

Taygete looks at the speaker, dumbfounded. She then turns to her sister, speaking in Lashunta.

"Please tell me I misheard that. 4496 of Aroden?"

The rogue shakes her head, before grabbing something to eat. There's something about being stuck in statis for so long that makes the stomach grumble. "'m sorry. Y' said Golarion is no more. What's that mean? Where're we now, then? We were on Golarion when this happened." She looks at the others. "Y're saying we're not anymore?"

HappyMerecat
2016-10-07, 06:07 PM
Pannar

Pannar blinks again. That was almost 400 years. Four hundred years.

Phasm
2016-10-08, 11:36 PM
Celaeno

Celaeno lets out a most undignified squeak and turns even paler than usual. She turns to reply to her sister.

"I heard the same thing, Taygete. Dear gods and goddesses, 4496..."

Panic starts to simmer, but the psychic ruthlessly crushes it and locks it away in her mind to deal with later. You don't get through the full curriculum of Castrovel's premier psychic arts academy without knowing how to deal with inconvenient emotions. "Please don't tell me the demons won. If they did... is Golarion now part of the Abyss?" Celaeno is proud of how even her voice comes out. I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

Gunhaven
2016-10-09, 06:03 AM
Saltuk breathed in deep and slowly let it out. Then, more to his companions than the dwarf, he says "It seems that we also likely won't have a commanding officer. Especially if we are on some strange new world, even if the earth sounds familiar enough. Who then..." As he shifted his vision back to the dwarf "...do we report to?"

HappyMerecat
2016-10-09, 07:15 AM
Pannar

Pannar seems to return to normalcy at that question. "I suspect that we have no one to report to, but I suspect that will be one of the least of our concerns. Four hundred years. I suspect the war may be over one way ... or the other." He returns to quiet contemplation.

DyerMaker
2016-10-10, 12:24 PM
Speaker takes a sip of mead as he listens intently to your questions. He attempts to answer them as they are asked, but is more-than-patient, appreciating the confusion and range of emotion you're feeling.
To Saltuk; I have found various tomes during my range through the land. One tome is particular had pages dedicated to these ancient Azlanti vaults designed by a guild of Wayfarers; guides skilled at teleportation. They used these crystals. Speaker holds the crystal in his gloved left hand.
To Taygete; Aye, ye'r still upon the blue planet and even the Inner Sea, but all those ye knew and that civilization is no more.
To Pannar; It is my belief that the war ended the same year ye were frozen here; 4716. Those who remained, my grandsire and father among them traveled wide and tried in vain to rebuild the world. Those who attended the Accord of Reckoning seem to only agree on one thing; that the count of years would start anew.
To Celaeno; Speaker smiles; No lass. The demons didn't win, nor did the devils who joined the war ... The solars and the devas did not win either. Those forces destroyed Golarion. Speaker then looks toward everyone. Aye, this rock still orbits its yellow sun, but not much more. I have a home, along with some other survivors in a small settlement; Canis its called. There are no more armies, no lairds or high captains to report. There is still good in the land and plenty of evil lingers. We survive. And, if ye are willing, ye help is sorely needed.

Phasm
2016-10-10, 10:09 PM
Celaeno's shoulders slump in relief. Civilization on Golarion being wiped out is terrible, but it could have been so much worse. Even if the demons didn't succeed in sucking the planet into the Abyss, they might have been able to free the Rough Beast from Golarion's core, and then everyone throughout the planes would have been in deep trouble. She takes a seat across from the dwarf and helps herself to some food and drink.

"Well... I don't see that there's much else we can do, to be honest. The foe that my sister and I came to fight is gone, but if Golarion has truly been razed, then the aiudara that brought us here from Castrovel is likely gone as well. It takes mighty psychic powers to traverse the planets without one, powers which I do not have." If Celaeno throws herself into developing the power of her mind and manages to stay alive long enough, perhaps she and Taygete could go home one day. It wouldn't be the home they left- much of their family is probably dead by now- but at least it would be the right planet.

It's something to hope for, at least. A goal to work toward.

BramsesII
2016-10-11, 02:39 PM
Taygete

Taygete scratches her chin. "So, we were frozen for some fourhundred years. The war ended, there's no winner, and the entire planet's surface was destroyed with only some stragglers left behind." She looks at her sister. "I guess at least it can't get any worse."

Taygete takes a moment to digest her own comment. "I made it worse somehow just by saying that, didn't I?" She turns to the speaker. "We can help. It's not like we have anything else to do. I suppose we could try getting encased in crystal for another fourhundred years but I don't really fancy that idea."

grifter730
2016-10-11, 04:17 PM
Nox blinks his eyes rapidly several times, as if awaking from a daze. All this news came surging into his mind like a flood, leaving him momentarily stunned and speechless – a rare occasion. And then a grin slowly crept across his face.

"This is bloody fantastic!" He exclaimed, before catching a glimpse of some of his companion's faces, and immediately changing his demeanor slightly. "I mean, I'm surry about the state of the world, and perhaps the loss of some of your loved ones, but cheer up, mates! This means no one will be after me head still! It'll stay intact to me bony neck! That's bloody fantastic! Why, these folks probably don't even know how to make a proper Gold Dust. I can reintroduce that vice to the world! Think of the money we can make! We'll be drowned in hedonistic ecstasy! It's time for a celebration!"

Nox looks around at his companions, arms open wide, ready for acceptance, face plastered with the widest open grin imaginable.

HappyMerecat
2016-10-11, 06:29 PM
Pannar

Pannar glares at Nox."Certainly millions dying and Golarion reduced to a ruin is worth you not being being hunted."

grifter730
2016-10-11, 10:16 PM
"Oy, mate, don't look at me like that," Nox feigns hurt. "Not like I ended the world, it's horrible horrible business what happened. My heart's mushing in tears inside. I'm simply, what do you call it, moving on. Can't linger on the past and all that. I'm accepting my predicament with open arms for once, instead of wallowing in self pity and complaining all the time, thought you'd be happy!"

Gunhaven
2016-10-12, 07:41 AM
Slowly Saltuk shook his head. At Nox's call for vice he seemed to come to and shot a pebble at the sinner, saying "These people don't need your drugs right now, gath'atcha. It is our muut to help this roo. Come, let us get out of this accursed tomb and you can tell us of the new world somewhere else."

Here's a link! (http://web.archive.org/web/20090602171748/http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4dnd/20080801b)
But: without honor, meant as an insult.
Honor related to doing your duty.
Friendly stranger.

BramsesII
2016-10-12, 02:24 PM
Taygete

"Well, at least someone's happy with the end of the world. Why'm I not surprised?" Taygete shakes her head. "Y'r optimism is commendable, Nose, but if y'don't mind I ain't movin' on that fast." The lashunta looks at Saltuk. "Y'speak wise words there, Salty. We can discuss the situation all day, but I'd rather do it away from th'tomb we were in f'r fourhundred freakin' years."

DyerMaker
2016-10-12, 04:20 PM
Let us go then.
Speaker stands and begins gathering his things. You can tell that something is weighing on his mind, but he continues... Speaker moves toward the opening of the vault, where he has fashioned a reinforced steel door into a stone frame. You can hear the makeshift lock turn and release. After you... He then motions for you to go through the door.

HappyMerecat
2016-10-12, 07:28 PM
Pannar

Pannar nods. "I'd like to get out of here and see this new world with my own eyes."

grifter730
2016-10-12, 08:50 PM
Nox

Nox moves along with the stranger, nursing his elbow struck by Saltuk's pebble. Frowning, Nox matches his pace and walked alongside the hobgoblin, whispering to him. "No, not gotcha, I said Gold Dust! I'd never even heard of a drug called Gotcha. Clean your ears, mate. And of course we'll help the stranger out. He saved my life! It'd be rude not to." Satisfied that that was settled, he smiles at the Saltuk.

Phasm
2016-10-12, 10:25 PM
Celaeno just shakes her head at Nox' antics. It's just so... Nox. He may be annoying at times, but he also saved her life. That earns the man some leeway in her book. The lashunta gets to her feet and looks around to see if they've left anything potentially useful behind. Doesn't look like it. "Off we go, then." She settles her pack on her shoulders and follows the dwarf.

Gunhaven
2016-10-13, 05:54 AM
Saltuk let out a dry laugh of someone who was used to such antics and wasn't entirely entertained by them. He gathered up his belongings, made sure everything was situated correctly, and stretched a bit as he walked. Under his breath, almost as if he was more getting used to the words his race used and less as him losing grip on the common tongue that they all spoke, he muttered "Cho." His voice is louder as he left the room, facing forward as he didn't really address anyone in particular "At least it still feels like our home. Hopefully we won't need magic to survive whatever happened."

Yeah/Okay/Informal Agreement.

DyerMaker
2016-10-13, 07:10 PM
Passing through the door the Azlanti chamber is somewhat familiar. Most of the structure has collapsed with a small path that Speaker has created over the years since finding you. You wind past a few sections of wall, seeing fairly large rats weaving back and forth among the debris; The smaller ones are better eating, Speaker mentions in passing. At one point you approach a triangle-like formation that is low to the ground. Speaker takes the lead here; We'll have to crawl for a bit ... watch ye head. The squeeze is a bit uncomfortable and tight, but luckily its a short crawl. A few zigs and zags through a series of winding tunnels that climb upward and then you reach a series of loose, wooden panels that Speaker begins to move out of the way; I keep these panels here to discourage the big critters. As Speaker moves the panels the sun shines on your faces for the first time in two-hundred-eighty years. We have a slight walk to Canis, likely an hour. Keep ye eyes out for movement. Ye never know.

The area is rubble, former structures reduced to ash. Some columns and random walls still stand and various vegetation and trees grow where merchants once conducted commerce and where horse-drawn wagons once delivered goods throughout Golarion using Elidir as its hub. A mountain lion can be seen on the partially crumbled floor of a second story building. This world is mostly neutral in color with only a few wildflowers of brilliant hue dotting the landscape. The reality of your present situation hits you hardest at this moment. The world, at least this portion of it, is truly destroyed.

Phasm
2016-10-13, 11:56 PM
"Gods," Celaeno breathes. She moves a little closer to her sister. It seems like just weeks ago that Elidir was a bustling trade hub, crowded with merchants, wagons, crusaders moving to and from the warfront. Now... nothing. A crumbling ruin.

Tears sting her eyes, but the psychic forces them back with her trained will. This is not the time for grieving. If this blasted world truly is as harsh as Ragnok implied, showing weakness could be fatal out in the open like this. Celaeno pushes her emotions into the back of her mind. They need to be dealt with, preferably sooner as opposed to later, but hopefully they will have shelter and solitude come night.

Gunhaven
2016-10-14, 08:40 PM
Saltuk grimaced at the change, sending several pounds of rocks scattering at seeing the devastation done during their rest. He briefly considers widening the tunnel some but decides that the odds of them returning to their tomb would be low enough that the time wasn't necessary. He marched ever onward, saying "Raat shi anaa. We can rest again in Canis" even if it meant passing by his comrades for a few seconds. It was important, after all, that they don't let the despair of the moment crush their spirits.

The story continues.

grifter730
2016-10-14, 08:40 PM
Nox shields his eyes and takes a deep long breath, letting it out slowly. "Ah, the sweet smell of freed--"

"Gods," Celaeno breathes.

"Terrible, terrible tragedy," Nox murmurs under his breath. He kicks a pebble and moves up next to the stranger. "So, how far away is your place?"

BramsesII
2016-10-15, 04:46 AM
Taygete

"Gods," Celaeno breathes. She moves a little closer to her sister.

Taygete puts a hand on her sister's shoulder. She's known Cel long enough to know that this destruction will severely affect her. Even Taygete herself can't help but think of the tremendous loss of was on such a massive scale. So much knowledge and culture destroyed. Tay reaches out to her sister with her mind, using her limited telepathy powers.

"You okay Cel? I know the situation looks bleak right now. Try to focus on the bright side, okay? At least we're all still together. We'll get through this."

As she communicates her thoughts to her sister, Taygete keeps her eye on the surroundings. Just to be on the safe side she takes her bow in her hand. "Can't be too careful."

HappyMerecat
2016-10-15, 01:57 PM
Pannar

Pannar walks without speaking. This place was a waste, he hoped elsewhere would be better.

Phasm
2016-10-16, 03:24 PM
Celaeno lets out a soft sigh as she reaches back to her sister's mind.

"It just hurts, Tay, so much has been lost forever. I'll be fine, though. Eventually. You're right, we still have each other. Who knows, maybe we can actually make a difference to this place. "

She puts a hand over her sister's hand on her shoulder, turning to give Taygete a small smile.

DyerMaker
2016-10-18, 11:17 AM
Speaker continued walking east toward Canis. During this trek a few thickets with average-sized trees are visible as well as signs of life; birds of various types, small lizards, and the rare mammal. The air seemed cleaner, fresher if it could be. Perhaps it was a side effect of stasis or maybe it was truly so. There was a moment when Saltuk pushed a small section of stone wall over, be it out of frustration or because it was there. The ground around the wall released the distinct smell of sulfur once disturbed; was all of the ground this saturated? Speaker continually encouraged the group to stay close. A few moments later you approach a short, partially ruined wall. A small settlement is visible beyond. Speaker calls out; Levi, do not take aim upon us. I'm am in no danger. These are my friends from the vault. They are alive. You then see Levi; a thin, feral-looking human lad wearing hides and armed with a short bow and quiver. He holds the bow skyward in his right hand, shouting, The Speaker has returned! It is then that Speaker turns to you, Welcome to Canis! We will feast tonight.

BramsesII
2016-10-18, 03:34 PM
Taygete

As the group makes their way towards Canis, Taygete is quieter than usual. No endless stream of cynical comments today. Probably a result of the stasis. The lashunta keeps her eyes peeled. Who knows what dangers may still be out there, even if the war is already over?

When they arrive she keeps her bow in hand, but she doesn't make any movement that would indicate she's going to use it. Instead, she grins at the feral-looking human lad who just appeared before them. "Yup. We're 'live alright. Fresh from th'vault." She turns her head to the speaker when he mentions a feast. "Wait. Feast? What feast? We're not that fresh! I'd expect us t'be quite stringy after 'few centuries'n stasis."

HappyMerecat
2016-10-18, 08:04 PM
Pannar

Pannar glances at Taygete disapprovingly.

grifter730
2016-10-18, 11:56 PM
Nox walked sullenly for a while, masking his giddy temperament as he looked at the ground and inched forward alongside the speaker. He couldn't keep the act up for long though, and by the time they were greeted by the scrawny Levi, he nearly jumped with joy at his fresh start, and that was before the speaker mentioned a feast. A feast!

"Speak for yourself, Taygete. I'm made of the highest grade meat," Nox pounded his chest. "The ladies will confirm for you tomorrow," he winked at Taygete.

Phasm
2016-10-19, 02:09 AM
"This lady certainly will not." Celaeno gives Nox a dirty look. She might be willing to cut him some slack behavior-wise, but she still has some standards. Turning back toward the sentry, the psychic offers a wave and a reserved smile. "Greetings. We appreciate your hospitality."

grifter730
2016-10-19, 02:18 PM
"I-I meant the ladies from inside! Gah, jokes are never amusing when you have to explain them. Way to kill a man's confidence."

DyerMaker
2016-10-19, 10:11 PM
As Celaeno waves, Levi raises his left arm and sheepishly waves by rolling his fingers downward. Speaker then motions for you to follow; Levi is somewhat shy, but he's quite good with a bow.

Entering the settlement the few living here begin to come out to meet you as Speaker's return is announced. The settlement is meager at best. The homes here are created of hewn logs with wooden shingles and bark roofs. There are a few ruins of homes that existed ages ago as well as a ruined temple, of which no god is immediately identifiable. Near the center of the settlement is a structurally-sound water well, a small garden of carrots, and a fire pit for cooking. Speaker moves to introduce you to the settlers; Let's see, you have met 1. Levi (a young male human), 2. Urgen (a female Tiefling with deep purple skin, nearly black, a prehensile tail but no horns, wearing common clothing), 3. Speed (a half-elf (human) male with long blonde hair, wearing common clothing), 4. Lucky (a male aasimar (Idyllkin) with a strong build, tufts of fur on his shoulders, forearms, and thighs. Along with bear-like claws instead of fingernails, yet his toenails are basically normal, just long. His facial expression is constantly strained, even harsh), 5. Bo (an older, female human with long grey hair and many tattoos, she wears common clothes), 6. Ant (a male gnome with tan skin and crimson hair, wearing common clothes including a white, wide-brimmed hat). This is Canis. These are its people. Take a moment to get to know them while Levi and I prepare your dwelling.

Gunhaven
2016-10-19, 11:10 PM
Saltuk hummed in thought for a moment as he looked around. It was almost depressing how the world had moved on since they were frozen, but at least something remained besides a literal hellscape. He looked around and frowned slightly, saying "Not any dar around..." more to himself than anyone in particular. He moved briefly to almost bring up the fact there was a tiefling here before he stopped and shrugged, figuring if his race was generally known for evil and he wasn't that the tiefling would be in the same general circumstances as him. Instead he asked the first person he could as they stood around "What of my kind, or the other goblinoids?"
Archaic form of Goblinoids (Hobgoblin, Goblin, Bugbear) as a whole, versus the individual components.

grifter730
2016-10-20, 04:16 AM
Nox looked over the sorry lot, and he had to constrain himself from making a ghastly face. Any hope of unearthing riches or satisfying his burning lust was quenched and buried with one look at this sorry settlement. And now he had to make nice and talk with these people. Ironically, these would be his people if they were in some metropolis. He liked hanging around the downtrodden, they were some of the best people that knew how to have fun. But when a whole settlement was like this, yikes.

"What do you think, Shine, who should I talk to, mate?" Nox telepathically asked his crystal companion.

"The aasimar could--"

"Of course you'd pick the aasimar. Why'd I even bother asking you."

The tiefling might be entertaining, but there was no way Nox would go to such an obvious choice, it was too beneath him. With a sigh, he walked over to Levi, nodding at the young man, and casually putting his arm around him. "So, tell me more about this... lovely existence you've created."

DyerMaker
2016-10-20, 03:24 PM
The moment Nox touches Levi, the young man spins away, extends his left arm holding up his thumb, forefinger, and middle finger. With his right hand he quickly pulls out a bone handle carving knife. Levi backs away, the look on his face is intense. As Levi was walking with Speaker at the time, the dwarf quickly reacts by extending both of his arms and coming between the two of you to diffuse the situation before it goes any further. Levi! Stop! ... Apologies Nox, I should have explained that touching in our culture must be requested. Levi, puts away his knife and calms. Everything is fine now.

HappyMerecat
2016-10-20, 07:25 PM
Pannar

Pannar silently observes. So few people. Is the world so lightly populated or is this just a tiny community? He is unsure what to do, so he observes.

Phasm
2016-10-20, 10:36 PM
Surely this can't be the entire village! "It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Celaeno, and this is my sister Taygete." Celaeno bows; it's always better to be a little too formal than risk angering strange people. "Are there any others who live in Canis?"

BramsesII
2016-10-21, 05:30 PM
Taygete

Taygete bows as well, following her sister's good example. She cannot stop herself from grinning though. "Taygete's the name, as m'sister just said." She pulls her hood a little tighter over her head. "This's the whole settlement? 's not a lot of people. How d'you d'fend y'rselves?"

DyerMaker
2016-10-22, 12:32 PM
Speed approaches Pannar; May I shake your hand? As the half elf extends his right hand only halfway through the normal position. My name is Speed. I've heard a lot about your group from Speaker. What was your homeland?

Bo and Urgen move toward Celaeno and Taygete. Hi, Bo is my name. May I hold your hand? The older human woman has a gentle look about her as she speaks to Celano. It is comforting to have you in Canis. Urgen bows slightly to Taygete. I am Urgen. It is true that we lack defense. What was the world, Golarion, like in your time?

HappyMerecat
2016-10-22, 02:33 PM
Pannar

Pannar nods and takes speeds hand and shakes it. "I come from a small village like so many that existed in my time."

BramsesII
2016-10-22, 05:19 PM
Taygete

I am Urgen. It is true that we lack defense. What was the world, Golarion, like in your time?

Taygete bows in return, before extending a hand for the tiefling to shake. "Well met, Urgen. I s'ppose you're in luck, b'cause we're goin' t'help defend y'r settlement. 't least f'r now." She grins. "Golarion, y'ask? It was uh... greener than this. More people, too. Cities everywhere, with thousands'f people. Tens to hundreds of thousands, f'r some. Th'world seemed friendlier too." The lashunta looks around with a sad look on her face. "T'be honest, seein' th'state'f the world makes m'sad."

"Uh, I don't mean t'offend but... Y'seem t'be of unusual descent. 's there a lot'f people like you running 'round now'days?"

grifter730
2016-10-22, 08:06 PM
Nox was taken aback, amused more than concerned at the young man's reaction. "No need for apologies," he winks at Levi, before stepping back and making a flourishing bow. "My name's Nox, pleasure to meet you and all that. Now, what do you folks do around here other than not touch each other?"

Phasm
2016-10-23, 12:13 AM
Celaeno smiles at Bo and extends a hand. "Certainly. It is comforting to be somewhere with people, however small. What is it you do here, Bo?"

Gunhaven
2016-10-23, 07:42 PM
Saltuk sighed and decided to settle on making the village a little more homely by moving any earth-like material that's under 15 pounds out of any pathways, living quarters, or otherwise not where rubble should be. Even as he works on cleaning up the place he stays within speaking range in case he accidentally offends the natives or needs to speak to anyone.

DyerMaker
2016-10-24, 04:59 PM
Speed to Pannar; How many were in your village? What was your role?

Urgen to Taygete; Upon hearing that you and your group would be helping defend Canis, That's wonderful news. I'm glad to hear it. ... I guess that there are a few Tieflings. The Speaker has taught us much about the surrounding areas that we normally do not venture. In response to your sadness. Your sadness is troubling. We have not known a greener world, though we still have some greeness. ... Your fashion is unknown to me, what is your purpose?

Nox, Speaker, and Levi; Levi still seems a bit skittish. But he does speak, We survive.. Speaker responds as well. We do more than survive, Levi. Nox, ye've undoubtedly seen that much has changed in the look of the world. Much has also changed in its culture and the working of it. Much of our literacy is now oral, as like most things, books burned along with the everything else. We laugh, we learn, we enjoy games and take pride in the simple things.

Bo to Celaeno; It is good to see new faces. We have a number of jobs and responsibilities to the settlement. My favorite job is tanning, making and mending clothes. I don't mind tending to the garden either. ... She clutches her hands together. How about you, what is your purpose?

As Saltuk begins to move some earth around and tidy up the settlement, he is approached by Lucky, speaking in a deep voice with a gruff personality; What is this you do? What do you call this power? Are you born of the soil?

Ant begins to build a fire.

grifter730
2016-10-24, 06:57 PM
Nox kept his eyes on Levi, but turned his head towards the Speaker. "No books to learn history? Medicine? What do you do when someone gets sick or injured? Do you give them any kind of, ah, medication to dull away the pain? And you," Nox turns his head back to Levi, "What simple things do you take pride in?"

Gunhaven
2016-10-24, 09:29 PM
Saltuk pondered for a moment before he gathered a ball of dirt and formed it into a solid club. He spoke as if he was discussing the weather and not his powers, saying "I've heard others refer to it as Geokineticism. I just know it marked me as a paaldaask within my old tribe and makes me a bit harder to kill with my new tribe." He motioned with the club at the four he entered the village with before he looked the aasimar up and down and added "And what purpose do you serve within the tribe?"

Spell Warrior.

Phasm
2016-10-24, 11:20 PM
"Primarily I'm a psychic. I cast spells for combat and for detecting that which is hidden from normal sight." Also for reading minds, but that tends to upset most aliens. "I am educated in matters of the arcane, the planes, geography, and a bit of engineering. I also know a little about leatherworking, but all the herbs I was taught to use for tanning and the animals the hides came from are native to my home planet of Castrovel. If you wish to teach me what you use here, I would be more than willing to learn." Hmm... if there aren't any books here (horror of horrors!), Celaeno might have to try and figure out how to make writing materials and record what she knows. And teach people to read. Really, it would be a crime if she didn't.

HappyMerecat
2016-10-25, 05:09 AM
Pannar

Speed to Pannar; How many were in your village? What was your role?

"My village has about 80 people, not very large. I was raised a farmer and have some skill in that, but the fates took me in another direction."

BramsesII
2016-10-25, 09:07 AM
Taygete

Urgen to Taygete; Upon hearing that you and your group would be helping defend Canis, That's wonderful news. I'm glad to hear it. ... I guess that there are a few Tieflings. The Speaker has taught us much about the surrounding areas that we normally do not venture. In response to your sadness. Your sadness is troubling. We have not known a greener world, though we still have some greeness. ... Your fashion is unknown to me, what is your purpose?

The Lashunta arches a brow. "My fashion'nd purpose? D'you mean..." After a short pause, a look of realization appears on her face. "Oh! I see what y'mean. I'm y'r typical adventurer, I s'ppose. Roguish and charmin' with m'dashin'good looks." She winks at the tiefling.

"I specialize in scouting, traps, infiltration. I even have some skill'n magic and alchemy." She then pulls her hood back to reveal her antennae with a grin. "M'fashion is mostly practical. Hides th'fact that I'm not from 'round these parts."

"And what 'bout you? What d'you do? I assume everyone has their own jobs'round here. 'nd why th'taboo on touching?" She looks at her still outstretched hand that the tiefling so far has refused to shake. "D'people not shake hands 'nymore?"

DyerMaker
2016-10-25, 11:28 PM
Nox, Levi & Speaker; By now you've reached an empty but well kept home at the western side of the settlement. Speaker answers your questions before entering, rotating to face you, We have some books, tomes that I've collected through the years. I am practiced in the ways of healing and we have a stockpile of healing potions for those concerns. Levi stops to answer; I like to cook. I hunt some with Lucky. I help Ant build things. I shoot good with this bow; got good aim. Speaker and Levi then show Nox the modest home. It looks like the other shelters but there are no beds, only a few hides stacked in the corner. The home will comfortably sleep four, but it will provide for a fifth to squeeze in. Speaker mentions that there is another empty home that is used as storage and will take a few days to clean out if this does not work for your team.

Saltuk & Lucky; Your magic with dirt is very good. Can I barter for the club?, pointing at the club of dirt. My purpose is to help feed the family. I hunt. I also smash skulls of anyone who wanders in Canis to do harm.

Celaeno & Bo; Bo seems completely fascinated by your story. That is all, so, so, overwhelming. Her smiles grows wide. This is great, great news. I am so happy that you and your friends are here! And, of course, we can make clothing together.

Pannar & Speed; Farming is always needed here. We have some carrots growing but need more seed and other crops. What are the fates?

Taygete & Urgen; What is an adventurer? ... Oh, I see, you are not human. We have that in common. She smiles in a shy way. ... Everyone has a role here. This is true. You mentioned scouting. This is something I do at times. I also help with the garden and am skilled with some alchemy as well. She smiles again. So, we have some things in common. ... This is our custom, to ask permission before approaching another. It is a way to know friend from foe.

grifter730
2016-10-26, 04:03 AM
Nox scrunches his eyes shut and pinches the ridge of his nose. Piss and ashes, he thought to himself. These people have never seen a high day in their lives, no wonder they're a right miserable lot. And they're offering me housing as if it's some offering to entice me into their cult of misery.

"Thank you for the offer of the room. I don't speak for the group, but I reckon everyone would be keen for some rest and companionship." Nox smiles warmly at the Speaker and Levi. "We could also look around and perhaps help build some defensive measures around this place. Do you see a lot of action against dangerous threats with that bow?" He asks Levi.

Before the young man could answer, Nox shakes his head, shutting his eyes and scrunching his nose again. "More importantly though, nevermind the curing potions, those would be too valuable to use for mild pain. What about herbal medicine? Something that alleviates pain through smoking? I reckon that's needed on a daily basis, any of those types of plants grow around here? My head's not feeling right. Probably just after effects of being in stasis for a few centuries."

BramsesII
2016-10-26, 03:47 PM
Taygete

Taygete & Urgen; What is an adventurer? ... Oh, I see, you are not human. We have that in common. She smiles in a shy way. ... Everyone has a role here. This is true. You mentioned scouting. This is something I do at times. I also help with the garden and am skilled with some alchemy as well. She smiles again. So, we have some things in common. ... This is our custom, to ask permission before approaching another. It is a way to know friend from foe.

"Adventurers go out'nd have adventures. 'snot important, though." Taygete grins. "So y're a scout 'nd budding alchemist 's well. I knew y'were more than just a pretty face." She winks. "Maybe w'can exchange s'me formulations sometime. And y'could show me 'round the settlement, see what's out around. Y'have any good hiding places where y'can see lots'f the surroundin' area?"

Looking again at her outstretched hand, Taygete decides to abide by the town's customs. "Y'know, in my time 'twas cust'mary t'shake hands when meet'ng people. D'ye think you could... uh..." She looks from Urgen to her outstretched hand to Urgen. "I'm getting 'bit awkward here."

HappyMerecat
2016-10-26, 07:12 PM
Pannar

Pannar & Speed; Farming is always needed here. We have some carrots growing but need more seed and other crops. What are the fates?

Pannar looks at speed. "We should try to find more seeds and grow more. You can't live on carrots."
"The fates just means what actually happened. My village was destroyed."

DyerMaker
2016-10-27, 03:53 PM
Nox, Levi & Speaker; Speaker is pleased that Nox is happy with the space. Good, good. I'll leave the two of ye to conversate while I speak with Ant. Speaker begins to walk toward the center of the settlement where Ant is building a fire. Levi thinks for a minute; There are all manner of beasts, bandits, and raiders. I don't take on more than I can handle, you know, with Lucky and Speaker pitching in. Levi pauses for another moment; What type of defensive measures do you want to build? As for smoke for your pain, you should speak to Urgen. She'll help you identify what it is you're looking for. Levi holds one nostril shut while blowing hard with the other, purging the air way, the looking up again. You want me to introduce you?

Taygete & Urgen; Sure. I'd enjoy learning new recipes and mixtures. As for the settlement, you can see it all from where you stand. I'm sure Speaker has some idea of orientating you to the surroundings. ... Maybe you can hunt with Lucky! Urgen timidly takes your hand. Great bonding, Tay-gete.

BramsesII
2016-10-27, 05:14 PM
Taygete

Taygete & Urgen; Sure. I'd enjoy learning new recipes and mixtures. As for the settlement, you can see it all from where you stand. I'm sure Speaker has some idea of orientating you to the surroundings. ... Maybe you can hunt with Lucky! Urgen timidly takes your hand. Great bonding, Tay-gete.

Taygete smiles and shakes Urgen's hand vigorously. "Great bondin' indeed, miss Urgen. 'nd touching's not so bad, is it? Normally I'd put a free hand on y'r shoulder, but that's probably a bad idea." She grins. "I don'know 'bout huntin'though. 's not m'strong suit."

The lashunta looks around, letting go of Urgen's hand.. "Tell me, what d'y'do f'r entertainment here? Y'know, when there's nothin' else t'do?"

Phasm
2016-10-28, 12:30 AM
Celaeno & Bo; Bo seems completely fascinated by your story. That is all, so, so, overwhelming. Her smiles grows wide. This is great, great news. I am so happy that you and your friends are here! And, of course, we can make clothing together.

"It may seem overwhelming now, but you learn all these things the same way as anything else. One word at a time." Celaeno smiles back. "Perhaps I can use my skill at engineering to help build some walls to keep the wild animals and whatever enemies you may have out of Canis. Saltuk and his earth magic can probably help there." She hopes that's the case, because it looks like quarrying stone is out of the question with so few people, and even logging will be difficult with their lack of numbers. Hmm... I remember reading about how the ancients built dwellings out of packed earth, with some sort of plaster or clay on the outside to keep rain from melting the whole thing. That might be an option if Saltuk can't make structures big enough or blocks in the quantity we need.

Gunhaven
2016-10-28, 09:12 AM
Saltuk & Lucky; Your magic with dirt is very good. Can I barter for the club?, pointing at the club of dirt. My purpose is to help feed the family. I hunt. I also smash skulls of anyone who wanders in Canis to do harm.

Saltuk frowned and said "Unfortunately I can't share it. I don't see why I or we couldn't join you on a hunt though. It would help us learn what's happened during our long nap after all. By family do you mean the village as a whole?"

grifter730
2016-10-28, 09:00 PM
Nox's face immediately brightens, a grin plastered across his face. "Urgen, you say? Yes, yes, that sounds great. Anything to rid of these headaches." Nox motions for Levi to lead the way and introduce him to Urgen. His mood improved greatly with the possibilities. "As far as defensive measures go, I'd have to know more about what kinds of attack your settlement here suffer under. If there are any nearby threats, perhaps we can even go on the offensive. It all depends, really. I'd be glad to offer my services though, it's the least I can do after being freed from several centuries of sleep. I'd also be happy to teach reading and writing. That said, I'd love to hear more about this new world that I've woken to. It seems rather... dreary, but I'm adaptable."

DyerMaker
2016-11-01, 02:44 PM
Pannar & Speed; I'm am sorry to hear of your village. And yes! more seeds is a splendid idea.

An hour passes as you settle into your new dwelling. Speaker, Ant, and Bo begin to prepare a meal for the evening as Lucky takes off on his own into the wood and waste land. Nox is introduced to the tiefling Urgen, who knows all manner of local plants and herbal remedies. Speaker announces to the group; We shall feast at last light, which is to say 30 to 60 minutes from now.

grifter730
2016-11-02, 04:05 PM
The news of a feast would've sounded promising to Nox, if his surrounding didn't look like it belonged in a prehistoric age. Still, there were possibilities. Urgen had described several plants that held promise. Now Nox just needed to head out and find the plants, but that can wait.

BramsesII
2016-11-02, 04:42 PM
Taygete

Taygete is not entirely pleased with the concept of spending a night in a dwelling with Saltuk, Nox and Pannar. She scratches her head, then turns to her sister. "Hey, Cel, d'you still have our tent? Think it'd be safe enough 'round h're to sleep in it f'r a few nights, at least?"

Having discussed sleeping arrangement with her sister, she turns to a different topic. "So, I s'ppose we'll need t'get used t'this." The lashunta looks around. "How're w'going t'help these people rebuild, Cel? 'snot like w're masons 'nd such. Plus, y'need more people if y'want t'have a village 'nd d'fend it too." Taygete rubs the back of her neck. "How're w'going t'do this?"

Phasm
2016-11-02, 05:06 PM
"Yes, I still have the tent. If the people of Canis set a night watch, it should be safe enough inside the walls." Celaeno wants some privacy as well. She takes the handy haversack off her back, opens it as wide as it will go, and reaches inside. The tightly-rolled tent fabric slowly emerges, a strange sight considering that the two-person tent looks like it shouldn't fit into the pack. Next come tent poles, ropes, and stakes. "Help me set it up, would you?"

Celaeno keeps talking as the two women start pitching their tent near the house assigned to the party. "So I was thinking that rammed earth construction would probably be the most efficient and durable material here. We don't want to waste what trees they have here, and you're right, none of us are masons." She stops for a moment to heave on a rope, pulling the heavy canvas up. "Oof... as long as I can come up with sound measurements and design- not a certainty, but earth is common enough for me to try again if the first time doesn't work- the actual construction mainly takes a great deal of brute force. Hold this for me and I'll pound the stake in." Celaeno doesn't have a hammer, but she does have a morningstar, and as long as she's careful not to hit the stake with a spike it works well enough.

BramsesII
2016-11-02, 05:23 PM
Taygete

Taygete holds the stake carefully, hoping that Taygete's not going to crush her hands with that dangerous-looking morningstar. "That sounds like a g'd plan. Guess Saltuk c'ld do a lot'f the buildin'then." She breathes a sigh of relief when her sister manages to hammer in the stake without hammering on Taygete's fingers. "With help fr'm s'me'f th'stronger people."

"Maybe w'could cobble up s'me firebombs 'nd such. Good f'r defense, if w'can find the right c'mponents." The lashunta takes a step back as the last of the stakes is hammered into the ground. "I'll talk t'Urgen 'bout that. See 'f w'can gather s'me things." She ponders for a moment. "We'll need t'know what's out there, too. What sort'f threats're out there, y'know. Pr'pare 'rselves."

grifter730
2016-11-02, 09:59 PM
Nox scratches her cheek as he watches the lashunta sisters pitch up a tent. His ears perked up as they mentioned talking to Urgen, and going out to gather some components.

"Ladies ladies ladies! If you're heading out for some, ah, herb gathering, please allow me to accompany you. I got this headache," he scrunches his face and pinches the bridge of his nose. "I could use some, ah, mellow relief. Some hallucinogens wouldn't hurt either. What say you?"

DyerMaker
2016-11-03, 04:55 PM
You can smell the food cooking as its delightful aroma floats on the air. Speaker seems excited as he proclaims; Venison stew tonight! Bo continues to monitor the pot as Ant places boards around the flame to shield its light. Urgen helps as well by chopping wild onion and crumbling other herbs into the pot. Speed places cylindrical sections of a cut tree for seats around the pot and waves to welcome the group over. Levi takes up his position by the ruined wall as overwatch and it appears that Lucky is still on the hunt for now.

Gunhaven
2016-11-04, 12:26 PM
Saltuk offered a curt nod at the suggestion that he help build up defenses, saying "It'll be good to work again. As for what else we can do, Lucky can use some help hunting." He then began to idly clean up their room, making their living quarters as homely as possible. With the call for dinner he left their hut and made his way to the main hall, bowing slightly to Speaker and saying "Thank you for the food."

DyerMaker
2016-11-04, 05:06 PM
Sitting around the fire to dine on your first meal in hundreds of years, Speaker begins to talk about Canis and another settlement. First, we are most excited to have our friends from the past alive and well, here in Canis. It has not been easy for us. We have lost a few along the way and with no procreation, we all may be the last of our kind. Survival has been our priority. We once had contact with another settlement south of here, Sabik, but that path has been cut off by a den of Tatzlwyrms. Perhaps ye can deal with those wretched beasts?

I know ye have had discussion about our defenses which are lacking. We have experienced the random encounter with a group of bandits from the north known as The Flies. They come from a ruthless settlement called Coloxus. However, they haven't bothered us in nearly 300 suns; days. Speed interjects as he addresses your group, What are your thoughts?

Phasm
2016-11-04, 11:47 PM
Celaeno digs into the stew with obvious appreciation. Before getting caught in stasis, the group had been underground for some time with no means to make hot food. "Mmm, this is delicious. Thank you for sharing your food with us." She concentrates on eating while the Speaker lives up to his title. Tatzlwurm... have I heard of that before? The elves of both Sovyrian and Kyonin had briefed the lashunta forces on some of the hostile wildlife of Golarion before they set out for the warfront.

Knowledge (arcana): [roll0]

BramsesII
2016-11-05, 06:09 PM
Taygete

Taygete eagerly digs into the stew. After a few bites she looks at the villagers with a grin and a mouth full of stew. "Mffyup. 'sverygood." She dives into her food again only to resurface a few moments later. "F'rgive me. Being'n stasis makes y'hungry."

Once she's eaten her fill, she looks at her sister. "Tatzlwyrms? D'y'know what they're 'gain? As f'r the bandits, if they'v'nt here f'r threehundr'd days they may be dead 'r s'methin'. Did y'r mighty warriors scare'm off?" She grins and winks at Speed. "But I s'ppose w'could strenght'n th'd'fenses a bit. M'ybe build a wall? What d'y'think, Saltuk?"

Phasm
2016-11-05, 11:31 PM
"Ah, now I remember!" Celaeno clears her throat. "Tatzlwyrms are a primeval relative of dragons. They are ferocious, cunning, and capable of building complex lairs with simple traps. Their breath weapon is a cone of poisonous gas, which they often use during a grapple. Hmm, what else... tatzlwyrms are ambush predators, stealthy, great climbers, nest underground near natural cover. They always hunt in pairs or groups of three or more and fight to the death. Oh, and they're immune to paralysis and sleep." Pause. "Challenging foes. Do you know how many there are in this den, Speaker?"

Gunhaven
2016-11-06, 06:43 PM
Saltuk nodded after a couple bites, letting it warm up his insides. He had a few more bites before he sighed and said "Cho. It wouldn't do us any good to leave this village unprotected. We'll figure out a plan, get it started tomorrow, and then the next day head out for Sabik." He had a dozen more bites before he finished with "Agreed?"

grifter730
2016-11-06, 07:51 PM
Nox stayed mostly quiet during the feast, lamenting the fact that having hot stew was now considered a feast. Still, it wouldn't do to grumble, he'd done enough of that already. He occasionally closed his eyes as if in pain from his headache. Gotta keep playing the part. His thoughts fill with the prospect of mellowing out after gathering the herbs on the morrow.

Not one keen to stick around for long with such a morose bunch, Nox figures he'd help drive out these "primeval relative of dragons" that Celaeno mentioned, and perhaps help strengthen the settlement a bit, and he'd call it even. Then he can be on his way and see the world for himself. Nodding to himself, Nox looks around at everyone. "Sounds good to me. Drive away the wyrms, strengthen the defenses around here, sounds like a good plan!"

DyerMaker
2016-11-07, 12:16 PM
Speaker acknowledges Celaeno, We last ran into those vile lizards only 15 suns ago ... Levi, how many did ye count? Levi pauses from enjoying his meal, Ah, ok then, well ... three of 'em, nah four.

grifter730
2016-11-07, 05:07 PM
"We'll drive em out for you, don't you worry! May as well do it tomorrow, not like we've got anything else to do." Nox grins at the Speaker, before looking around at his group. "Right?"

Phasm
2016-11-08, 12:45 AM
Celaeno nods, swallowing her mouthful of stew. "After we make a plan of action, Nox. But yes, tatzlwyrms are definitely a threat that should be removed before more of them hatch. Four, we can probably handle."

DyerMaker
2016-11-08, 09:11 PM
Speaker and the other member of the settlement are very pleased at the groups willingness to help. After a good night's rest, you awake the next morning ready to start your day. This is your first true night's sleep in 280 years. The settlers are already up completing various tasks. You notice that Bo is warming the remaining stew from last night's dinner for this mornings breakfast. Ant is in a welcoming mood this morning; G'day folks. I trust that you slept well in your shelter and tent? Are you hungry this morn'n?

grifter730
2016-11-09, 09:48 PM
"Oy, mornin' to you too mate. Got a wee bit headache still, really need to get going and get those herbs Urgen told me about. What's to break the fast? Do we need to go out and hunt for our own food?"

BramsesII
2016-11-10, 05:52 PM
Taygete

The eldest lashunta sister has been looking extremely grumpy ever since she crawled out of her tent. Being in stasis for 280 years has not turned Taygete into a morning person. She barely acknowledges her own partymembers, but then again, they're probably used to that by now. They should be. She stumbles over to breakfast, which looks a lot like a retread of yesterday's dinner. Because that's what it is. She nods at Ant as he addresses the group, but then turns to Bo. "Buh... m'rnin'. 'zzat breakf'st?" Immediately after his answer, she steps over to the woman and grumbles. "C'n I h've some? 'mhungry."

DyerMaker
2016-11-10, 11:24 PM
Bo hands a bowl to Taygete and responds to Nox; Venison stew. We had some left over from last night. Would you like a bowl? There's fresh water in the well. And, we always have carrots.

Phasm
2016-11-11, 01:12 AM
Celaeno emerges shortly after her sister, although she was awake an hour earlier meditating. In contrast to Taygete, the psychic is bright-eyed and fully awake. "Good morning, everyone!" She accepts a bowl of leftover stew and a cup of water, silently wishing for the fresh bread and fruit preserves of home. Does anyone here even know how to make leavened bread anymore?

Depressing thoughts. It's far better and more productive to focus on something else, something she has the power to change. Like... tatzlwyrms. And plans to improve Canis' defenses.

grifter730
2016-11-12, 08:35 PM
"Venison stew! Fantastic!" Nox cheerily accepts the bowl from Bo and sticks around to chat and greet others as they come. "So, what's a typical day for you like 'round here? What'll you do after handing out food? I'm itchin' to get out and fight them tattoo worm things."

DyerMaker
2016-11-14, 05:01 PM
Levi emerges to greet the morning and visits the camp fire with his own, intense focus. Laying down a pack, quiver and his bow; I'll be tak'n ya to the wyrms this morning. It's a bit ova hike so pack plenty of water. Don't want ya dropp'n dry on me. This is the most you have heard Levi speak since arriving yesterday.

HappyMerecat
2016-11-14, 05:11 PM
Pannar

Pannar gears up after breakfast his milky eyes staring straight ahead. "As we go we should look for other edible plants we can plant to have more crops."

grifter730
2016-11-14, 09:19 PM
"Now you're talkin'!" Nox grins at Levi and Pannar. He gave Pannar a slap on his shoulder, and nearly did the same to Levi before remembering the no-touching rule. Nox stops mid-slap and fixes his hair instead. "So, we'll find some herbs, kill a few tattoo worm things, make sure we stay hydrated, and we'll be back before ya know it! All things bein' relative, how long is a long walk exactly? We talking about a few hours? A few days? A few weeks?"

Gunhaven
2016-11-14, 10:50 PM
Saltuk awoke with a stretch, spending a good fifteen minutes helping work life back into his muscles. Afterwards he spent a couple minutes working with the earth before he gathered his things and nodded his thanks for the food. He ate in silence as he listened to the plan, saying "Mazo. We should go now and get this pest problem sorted, right?" He didn't really wait for any confirmation that that was indeed the plan, set on killing some new natives.

A more formal/firm affirmative reserved for plans and such, like right now.

Phasm
2016-11-15, 12:51 AM
It looks like the rest of the party is eager to get going. I suppose making long-term plans can wait for later. Celaeno nods, finishing the last of her stew. "If we hurry we might be able to get back before the heat of the day truly sets in." Castrovel is a hot planet compared to Golarion, but she grew up and trained in a jungle. Celaeno hates the arid heat here, the feeling of being dried out in an oven.

BramsesII
2016-11-15, 05:35 PM
Taygete

Taygete nods at Levi's suggestions, and goes about to check how much water she has left in her waterskin. If necessary, she'll go looking to refill it. "Cel's right, y'know. W'should hurry. How far's it f'r walk'ng?"

DyerMaker
2016-11-15, 08:47 PM
Speaker exits his tent, having overheard most of the conversation. I see that you are ready to proceed. Let us go. We head south. The able dwarf slings a few extra water skins onto his shoulder and begins to lead the group southward. Levi walks to the left of Speaker with an arrow nocked in his shortbow.

The path is dotted with rubble and the occasional intact wall, remnant staircase and a few groves of trees here and there. After a mile or so into the adventure, Pannar notices something that stands out amongst dull grey surroundings, a simple, small plum tree. Following this discovery, Levi announces that the group is drawing closer to the tatzlwyrm's territory. Speaker suggests that the group move slowly and under cover from this point on. There is a tall, burned tree in the near distance. It is near this tree, some 900 feet away, that Levi and Speaker last spotted the tatzlwyrms.

grifter730
2016-11-15, 09:04 PM
Nox wears his astral suit as usual, letting it completely cover his body. The day seemed promising enough, and he passed the time conversing with his annoying but companionable psicrystal. As they near the location where the tatzlwyrms were last seen, Nox can make out a tree in the distance.

"Well, let's see how rusty we are after a few centuries." Nox begins walking cautiously as soon as everyone else is ready.

HappyMerecat
2016-11-15, 09:19 PM
Pannar

Upon seeing the plum tree, Pannar will take note of its position and see if he can find and plum stones.

~~~

"I'll take your word for it. I am blind after all." Pannar follows Nox.

Gunhaven
2016-11-16, 03:52 AM
Saltuk took advantage of the opportunity to help clear the path while they walked so a cart or wagon could safely travel down the path. When they paused he gathered together some dirt to help form his scorpion once again and said quietly enough "Might as well have it ready if we need to explore the nest. I don't want to deal with them in the next few centuries."

Phasm
2016-11-17, 02:32 AM
"Give me a moment to summon my protective field, please." Celaeno closes her eyes and breathes deeply, calming her mind. "Sovash te nando." Pale green energy shimmers around her body for a moment as the mage armor forms, then vanishes. It's still there, though; mage armor is invisible once cast.

HP: 17
AC: 17
Spells: 1st 5/6
Phrenic Pool: 5/5
Detect Thoughts: 2/2

Effects:
Mage Armor 3 hours

grifter730
2016-11-17, 06:34 PM
Nox begins humming a song as he moves forward. "Oh tattoo worms, oh tattoo worms..."

DyerMaker
2016-11-18, 01:39 AM
The pathway toward the large, burnt tree narrows into a funnel-like shape. Speaker motions toward the East to a cave entrance; the lair of the wyrms. Levi's opinion is to fight in the open. Speaker leaves the decision to you, lure the wyrms out to fight in the open or venture into the lair.

BramsesII
2016-11-18, 06:46 PM
Taygete

The lashunta grabs her shortbow in her hand. She looks at her companions. "'sbest if w'do an ambush. Th'lement of s'rprise 'nd all that." Then, she looks around for a good place where she can hide.

grifter730
2016-11-18, 07:21 PM
"Reckon I'd make a pretty good bait. How about I knock and say hi?" Nox nods at Pannar to come on over. "Don't be shy, mate. Let's see that mighty blade put to good use."

Gunhaven
2016-11-18, 07:56 PM
Saltuk nodded and said "In the open would be best. Range will be nice to have in the coming battle. I'll set up near our spot." He made a quick survey of the field and looked for the best spot to attack the worms from about thirty feet away.

HappyMerecat
2016-11-18, 09:42 PM
Pannar

Pannar grins, frees his blade and heads over to Nox.

DyerMaker
2016-11-18, 10:48 PM
Moving into the cave, its entrance is gravel-like and littered with small bones, sloping downward with a sharp turn to the right. No light is present and the smell is quite foul. Speaker stays at the mouth of the cave as Levi establishes himself in a similar angle to Saltuk, perched on the edge of a 10-foot wall.

Perception Nox [roll0], Pannar [roll1]

Both Nox and Pannar are aware that at least one wyrm is nesting about 10-feet from their current position. The way the light reflects off of the cave wall, only a hint of its greenish scales can be seen.

Phasm
2016-11-19, 01:36 AM
Celaeno nods and moves to hide near Taygete. No way is she getting any closer to these things than she has to.

grifter730
2016-11-19, 06:11 AM
Seeing the wyrm practically right in front of him, Nox was immediately filled with uncontrollable glee. Needing to tell someone, he telepathically nudges his psicrystal. "This'll be a blast mate, get it?"

Before the psicrystal can respond, Nox lets loose a couple of massive mind bolts in rapid succession in the direction of the creature. "Wakey, wakey, tattoo worm! Wakey wakey!"

Looking just long enough to see if his shots landed, Nox begins to run back out, taunting the creatures at the top of his lungs all the while, trying to make sure any of them that can hear him will go straight for him and not his companions. "Oy, worms! I think some rocks fell on the head o' your mate!"

I'm not sure if this is a surprise round, a full round, or what. I'll roll for a full round here just in case, but feel free to cut it off short if it's just a surprise round. Two attacks due to Rapid Shot feat. Obviously he wouldn't have an action to run back out if it was a surprise round, but he'd definitely do the taunting regardless.

Attack 1: [roll0] (If it's a surprise round, this result would be +2 more since no Rapid Shot)
Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Nox's stats:
Fort: 9
Ref: 5
Will: 11
AC: 20

DyerMaker
2016-11-19, 10:53 PM
Nox attacks the tatzlwyrm and runs out of the cave knowing that he hit the wyrm. Moments pass and nothing pursues out of the cave. Then, Levi shouts from his perch on the wall. I saw one to the east, near the tree, be ready. You're being flanked.

grifter730
2016-11-20, 03:43 AM
Nox swiftly turns to the east at Levi's warning. "Oy, who you talkin' to mate? Who's getting flanked?"

Just in case, Nox prepares himself for the onslaught. Anything coming out of the cave will be handled by the group, and he trusts them well enough. If he's about to be flanked, better to be prepared against the one coming from his blind side. Keeping his eye out to the east, he prepares to attack at the first sight of non-friendlies within 20ft.

In case I can get attack(s) off against the incoming creature, I'll roll now to keep the game moving.

Attack 1: [roll0] (if only one attack allowed, this number should be +2 since no Rapid Shot)

Nox's Stats:
Fort: 9
Ref: 5
Will: 11
AC: 20

HappyMerecat
2016-11-20, 07:32 AM
Pannar

Pannar moves to stand next to Nox. "Just let me know when they get close."

Gunhaven
2016-11-20, 11:22 AM
Saltuk hardens his skin in anticipation of the coming battle, partially tempted to bludgeon his body to get just a little more protection and then deciding that he should probably wait. After the first moment is up with no sign of a wyrm he sighs and gathers together some dirt, shaping it into a scorpion. He then motions for the scorpion to go toward the cave and investigate what's keeping their enemies held up. It then scurried away and through the bones to investigate as Saltuk continued to concentrate on keeping it formed.
Using Elemental Whispers to create my greensting scorpion (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/vermin/scorpion/scorpion-greensting) familiar, then having it scurry into the cave stealthily.
Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

BramsesII
2016-11-20, 05:14 PM
Taygete

The lashunta readies her bow from her hiding position, waiting carefully before a wyrm comes into range so that she can take a decent shot.

Readying an attack on the nearest wyrm when it gets within 30 ft of Taygete
OOC: I don't think I ever made a stealth check, did I? Anyway, here's one. Stealth: [roll0]

DyerMaker
2016-11-21, 01:46 PM
As Saltuk concentrates on his scorpion, he sees a maze of caverns underground and many signs of tatzlwyrms but no wyrms themselves, at least not in this part of the cave.

One tatzlwyrm, medium, dark green, thrusts out of the ground near Levi and Taygete. Levi releases an arrow, missing the wyrm; then jumps from his perch atop the crumbling wall. Taygete may take her attack.

A second wyrm, medium, greenish-grey, is the one that Levi spotted earlier, it can be seen flanking from the north. It appears one minute, then vanishes underground the next.

A third wyrm, medium, grey in color, thrusts out of the ground near Speaker, Pannar, and Nox. Speaker successfully tumbles out of its way. The attack from Nox is successful, severely injuring the tatzlwyrm. Celaeno is also in range of this wyrm.

BramsesII
2016-11-21, 05:28 PM
Taygete

When the wyrm comes into range, Taygete releases an arrow hoping to hit a soft spot on the creature.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Sneak attack damage (if applicable): [roll2]

grifter730
2016-11-21, 09:10 PM
It sounded that these wyrms were popping up all over the place, but Nox had no time to check up on everyone as one thrust up from the ground. "Thrust this!" Nox cackles as the creature takes a bolt from his palm. "I think I just fixed your face, mate!"

Phasm
2016-11-22, 12:54 AM
"Saltuk! The wyrms are out here!" Celaeno promptly backpedals, putting some range between herself and the wyrm. It looks severely injured; hopefully a few crossbow bolts will take it down, so she can reserve her magic for the other three creatures. The psychic raises her crossbow to her shoulder, takes a moment to aim, and pulls the trigger.

Move: Back up 30 ft. Standard: Shoot crossbow.

Gunhaven
2016-11-23, 12:10 AM
Saltuk shouts out "Maabet!!" He spins around at the one that popped up near Levi and Taygete and attempts to punch some of the loose earth and stones at the wyrm to possibly keep it from constantly burrowing underground.

Ancient curse word with no real translation.

Then Attack! if within 30 ft
Damage: [roll2d6+6

DyerMaker
2016-11-23, 11:07 PM
Taygete's arrow hums through the air striking the dark green wyrm just below the lower jaw (for 9pts) as Saltuk's punch of dirt and stone is unsuccessful. Levi, tumbles and darts to stay alive but is quickly grappled by the wyrm. You can see the young man's face instantly turn red as the wyrm opens it maw to either release poison on the lad of chomp bit into him.

DyerMaker
2016-11-23, 11:15 PM
The attack from Nox was successful, severely hurting the grey wyrm as she then attempts to return the favor trying to bite and grab Nox. [roll0] damage [roll1], if successful grab / improved grapple [roll2] vs Nox CMD 14. A light green wyrm emerges from the cave to attack Pannar, [roll3] damage [roll4], if successful grab / improved grapple [roll5] vs Pannar CMD 17.

DyerMaker
2016-11-23, 11:20 PM
Potential critical for the bite on Nox; [roll0]

Phasm
2016-11-24, 12:16 AM
"Nox!" Celaeno cries out as her companion is snatched up by the gray tatzlwyrm. Green eyes narrow as she calls upon her mental powers. She may not be able to dish out damage like Nox or Saltuk, but the more subtle arts do have their place. "Ilari kuvon! Drop it!"

Wow, that's one heckuva CMB roll! Casting command for the Drop action, with the Overpowering Mind phrenic amplification for +1 Will DC.

Let me know if that won't work for 'ungrapple Nox', it seems logical to me since the wyrm is holding him in its mouth.

HP: 17
AC: 17
Spells: 1st 4/6
Phrenic Pool: 3/5
Detect Thoughts: 2/2

Effects:
Mage Armor 3 hours

grifter730
2016-11-24, 02:25 AM
"Oy! You hadn't even bought me drinks yet! No love hugs! Why didn't anyone tell me these things were so freaky frisky?!" Nox squirms as the wyrm bites him. "Celaeno! Thank the gods! Yes, yes, do hand gesture word stuff!"

I'll wait to see if Celaeno's spell worked. If it doesn't work, then I'll attempt to free myself from grapple:
CMB to break grapple: [roll0]

If the spell DID work, then he'll attack, even if he's prone/provokes AoO/whatever:
[roll1]
[roll2]

Gunhaven
2016-11-24, 05:04 AM
Saltuk turned to face the wyrm that had grabbed hold of Levi, hearing his companions taking care of the one attacking someone else successfully. He shouted out "Drop him you beast!" and punctuated his command with another blast of dirt and stone.
A: [roll0]
D: [roll1]

grifter730
2016-11-26, 02:17 AM
Posting for Taygete as requested:

Taygete lets loose another arrow at the dark green wyrm, once again hoping to hit a vulnerable spot on the creature.

Sneak Attack (if applicable): [roll2]

HappyMerecat
2016-11-26, 02:11 PM
Pannar

Pannar smiles and attacks the light green wurm that tried to bite him. "Now, feel my bite."

Power Attack
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

DyerMaker
2016-11-26, 03:30 PM
Celaeno: Twisting her hands and shouting the words, "Ilari kuvon! Drop it!", Celaeno casts Command on the wyrm. The tatzlwyrm saves vs. the spell.

Nox: Currently grabbed by the wyrm, Nox attempts to free himself by squirming and pushing against the wyrm. Surprisingly, Nox escapes with a move action remaining.

Saltuk: Attempting to attack the dark green wyrm grappling Levi, Saltuk's attack falls short.

Taygete: Attempting to strike the dark green wyrm with another arrow, misses the wyrm.

Pannar: Swinging this masterwork greatsword, Pannar misses the light green tatzlwyrm.

Levi is unable to free himself from the coiled grasp of the dark green tatzlwyrm. Speaker spins from around the broken wall, casting Barkskin on Nox (+2 enhancement to AC); unaware of Levi's potential fate.

The Wyrms will now attack...

grifter730
2016-11-26, 07:56 PM
Nox blinks in surprise as he freed himself from the nasty love bite. "Oh gods! I'm free! I did it!" He shouts in elation as he backs away (20 ft.) from the creature. As he does so, he feels a spell cast upon him, his skin toughening, its texture hardening almost like a bark.

Looking around the battle as he moves, Nox sees the Speaker finishing the spell cast upon him, with Levi not too far away needing more help than himself. Pointing to the young man, Nox shouts at the Speaker. "Oy! Your mate Levi needs your help more 'n me!"

Everything else seems to be more or less in order. Well, no, not really. With a shrug, Nox turns his attention back to the severely injured wyrm trying to give him the love hugs.

HP: 35/43
AC: 22 (I'm assuming Barkskin gives +2 only)
Fort: +9
Ref: +5
Will: +11

DyerMaker
2016-11-26, 08:31 PM
Dark Green Tatzlwyrm: A green poisonous breath engulfs Levi as his body goes limp.

Grey Tatzlwyrm: Attacks Nox with two claws and a bite. claw [roll0] dmg [roll1], claw [roll2] dmg [roll3], bite [roll4] dmg [roll5]

Light Green Tatzlwyrm: Attacks Pannar with two claws and a bite. claw [roll6] dmg [roll7], claw [roll8] dmg [roll9], bite [roll10] dmg [roll11]

Green Grey Tatzlwyrm: Pounces toward Taygete, attacking with both claws; claw [roll12] dmg [roll13], claw [roll14] dmg [roll15]

HappyMerecat
2016-11-26, 08:53 PM
Pannar

The light green tatzlwyrm slashes at Pannar with both claws and snaps at him. One claw misses, the bite slides harmlessly off his plate armor, but other claw tears into his flesh. He grimaces and swings his blade roaring.

Power Attack
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

grifter730
2016-11-26, 09:03 PM
Nox roars and laughs as the creature's claw swipes at him, letting the creature take its best shot at him. Another swipe and bite misses him narrowly. Nox takes a step back a few feet. "My turn."

Even as he lets loose his bolts, Nox tries to spare a glance back at Levi, the only other member of their party that's in trouble. "How's Levi doing?" Nox yells at his companions. "Can anyone see him? Everyone help him out!"

5 ft. step back, and then full-attack:
Attack 1: [roll0]

HP: 31/43
AC: 22

grifter730
2016-11-26, 09:05 PM
Potential crit for Nox's attack:
Confirmation Attack: [roll0]
Additional Damage: [roll1]

EDIT: Two natural 20s, surely that's worthy of some epic finishing move.

Gunhaven
2016-11-27, 06:22 PM
Saltuk cursed quietly before he punctuated it with a "He's had better days!" Despite not having any luck before, he still attempts to knock the creature out and perhaps free Levi before any more damage can be done to the unfortunate native with another blast of stone.

BramsesII
2016-11-28, 05:18 PM
Taygete

Taygete yells out in pain when one of the tatzlwyrms' claws strikes. "Gyah! L'ttle help here?" She immediately reacts however, dropping her bow and taking a step back to get out of the creature's range. Then, she takes a short moment to cast a spell and disappears into nothing.

Under the cover of invisibility, she draws her rapier.

5 ft step back
Free action to drop bow
Standard action to cast Vanish (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/v/vanish) (3 rounds)
Move action to draw rapier

HP: 20/27
AC: 14
Fort: 3
Ref: 6
Will: 2
Spells cast: 1/3
Effects: invisible (3 rounds)

DyerMaker
2016-11-28, 08:33 PM
Pannar: swings viciously at the wyrm but misses once again, almost loosing his balance on the gravel surface.

Nox: releases his bolts at the grey tatzlwyrm with so much force and accuracy that the wyrm virtually disintegrates, covering both he and Pannar in thick crimson blood, along with bone, entrails, and a bit of brain matter.
Nox nor Pannar can see Levi, or the others from their vantage at the mouth of the cave.

Saltuk: finally, Saltuk's attack strikes the dark green wyrm, it shakes from the pain causing it to drop Levi and turn its attention toward Saltuk.

Taygete: stepping back 5ft to cast Vanish, Taygete draws her rapier and prepares for another attack.

Light Green Tatzlwyrm: Attacks Pannar with two claws and a bite.
claw [roll0] dmg [roll1], claw [roll2] dmg [roll3], bite [roll4] dmg [roll5]
(Once again, the wyrm does not strike Pannar)

Green Grey Tatzlwyrm: Pounces toward Saltuk, attacking with both claws.
claw [roll6] dmg [roll7], claw [roll8] dmg [roll9]
(Saltuk is struck by the first claw)

Dark Green Tatzlwyrm: Pounces toward Saltuk, attacking with both claws.
claw [roll10] dmg [roll11], claw [roll12] dmg [roll13]
(this attack, and this one only, will generate a melee AoO from Saltuk, if that attack misses, Saltuk is hit by the second claw)

Speaker makes his way via the North flank to reach Levi.

Next round starts...

Phasm
2016-11-29, 01:57 AM
Celaeno grimaces as the wyrm ignores her spell. Happily, Nox manages to slip free regardless and blasts the creature into oblivion. She looks around for another target as her companion cheers...

Oh dear, it looks like Pannar's in trouble. When in doubt, save the healer! She moves to get in range of the light green wyrm and points her index and pinky fingers at it. "Vathin suresh!"

Sorry about the delay, folks. :smallfrown: Move to within 30 ft. of the light green wyrm and cast Ill Omen.

grifter730
2016-11-29, 03:05 AM
With his wyrm blasted to oblivion, Nox notices Levi missing. He was last seen perched atop the crumbling wall. Nox wanted to immediately go there, but Pannar was battling a stubborn wyrm practically right next to him. Nox lets out a loud roar of frustration as he turns his palm to point outward at the light green wyrm attacking Pannar. "All. I. Wanted. Was. Some. HERBS!"

The blast launches in quick succession at the light green wyrm as he continues to shout. "What's a man gotta do to get some HIGH?!"

Attack 1: [roll0]

HP: 31/43
AC: 22

Gunhaven
2016-11-29, 11:53 AM
As the wyrms draw closer Saltuk grinned as his skin turned to stone and the earth itself seemed to move to further protect the hobgoblin. He then lashed out in retaliation at the dark green one with a blade of solid dirt to bludgeon some sense into the creature, following the attack with another at the creature if it's still standing.

I see no action listed for accepting Burn, so accepting a point of Burn.
Burn: 1/7
Elemental Overflow: +1 Morale Bonus on Attack, +2 Damage

HP: 30/36, 1 Nonlethal (that can only be healed through a good night's sleep)
AC: 20, DR 2/Adamantine, CMD: 16

AoO: [roll0]

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

BramsesII
2016-11-29, 05:18 PM
Taygete

With the threat to her person now attacking Saltuk, Taygete circles around the tatzlwyrms to pile on the target everyone is going for. Provided she has enough movement to reach the wyrm attacking Pannar in melee, she flanks the thing and stabs, losing her invisibility in the process.

Move action towards the light green tatzlwyrm and flank him with Pannar (double move if necessary)
If one move is enough:
Standard action to attack light green tatzlwyrm: (w/ flanking: +2 atk)

Attack 1:
Damage 1: [rol]1d8+[roll1] (sneak attack)

HP: 20/27
AC: 14
Fort: 3
Ref: 6
Will: 2
Spells cast: 1/3
Effects: invisible (2 rounds)?

DyerMaker
2016-11-29, 10:13 PM
Celaeno moves toward the cave entrance, successfully casting Ill Omen on the wyrm.
Nox hits the wyrm with his second attack, causing it to collapse, its head hits the gravel hard as blood runs from its lifeless eyes and limp mouth.
Saltuk attacked the dark green wyrm with his blade of earth, cutting it central, its bowels flowing forth like sausage in a grinder. Saltuk's second attack at the second tatzlwyrm is unsuccessful. However, Taygete follows through with her rapier witch strikes true to a critical organ, causing the worm to shriek as it turns from Saltuk to attack the Lashunta.

Green Grey wyrm attacks Taygete
claw [roll0] dmg [roll1], claw [roll2] dmg [roll3] bite [roll4] dmg [roll5] Taygete suffers claw damage.

One tatzlwyrm still lives, more than 30' from both Pannar and Nox. Next round starts...

grifter730
2016-11-30, 12:37 AM
Nox looks around to see one wyrm left, attacking Taygete, which demanded immediate attention, but... "Oy! Has anyone seen Levi?"

Running towards the last wyrm, Nox fires off a shot from 20 ft., hoping to take down the wyrm before a similar fate befalls Levi.

HappyMerecat
2016-11-30, 03:16 PM
Pannar

Pannar swings again, trying to remain calm.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Gunhaven
2016-11-30, 04:15 PM
Saltuk grins as the earth continues to swirl around him, small pebbles floating through the air, and grumbles as his voice takes on the familiar sound of rumbling earth "We were just getting started! Come and take another swipe, lizard!" He reaches out for a handful of said pebbles and forms a familiar blade of earth as he thwaps said lizard with more rocks to bludgeon some sense into him.

Nothing changes from last time!

DyerMaker
2016-11-30, 08:51 PM
With the combined attacks of Nox and Saltuk, the final tatzlwyrm falls. Dead. Speaker has reached Levi and yells out; He's stable. Alive. We need to get'm back to Canis!

Pannar, your wyrm had been killed earlier in the thread by Nox. No need to attack.

grifter730
2016-11-30, 09:55 PM
Hearing the Speaker's words, Nox rushes towards his voice. "Pannar!" He yells out to the warrior healer.

When Nox reaches the Speaker, he pats the old man on the shoulder. "Don't worry, mate. Pannar's great at this kind of stuff. Levi'll be up in no time!"

BramsesII
2016-12-02, 04:31 PM
Taygete

With the battle done, the oldest lashunta inspects her wounds, grimacing as she touches a rather nasty looking gash on her arm with a finger. "Yeesh. These things hit hard. D'you think we got them all? C'n w'head back 'lready?"

grifter730
2016-12-02, 08:08 PM
"Aww, but we just got here. I'm telling you, once Pannar gets over here, Levi will be fine! I hope." Nox seems to think things over for a few moments. "Let's go check out the cave!" He says to Taygete.

HappyMerecat
2016-12-02, 08:18 PM
Pannar

Pannar moves over to the injured man. "Is anyone else injured?" He reaches his hand out to Levi, waves his hand an speaks some words. There is a white light as he contacts Levi.

Cure Light Wounds [roll0]

DyerMaker
2016-12-03, 12:47 AM
Levi's wounds are mostly healed but he is still unconscious. Speaker reveals that he'll need to take the young man back to Canis, that the poison will need to be neutralized. Looking around, the group is convinced that all of the tatzlwyrms have been defeated.

Gunhaven
2016-12-03, 05:09 PM
Saltuk let out a long, deep sigh as he willed the displays of power back down. He then looked back toward the city and said "What are the odds we can explore the cave and meet you back at town?"

Phasm
2016-12-04, 02:05 AM
Once Celaeno makes her way back to the main group, she spies the blood on her sister's arm. "Taygete! Are you all right?" She runs to Taygete's side, as fast as she can make her way over the rocky terrain. "Pannar, can you help Taygete after you heal Levi?"

HappyMerecat
2016-12-04, 12:09 PM
Pannar

"Of course," Pannar repeats the process laying his hands on Taygete.

Cure Light Wounds [roll0]

He then examines Levi to see if there is anything he can do about the poison.

Heal [roll1]

BramsesII
2016-12-04, 05:40 PM
Taygete

Taygete nods at Pannar. "Thanks. Sh'ld tide m'over f'r now." She turns to her sister. "'m'lright. I've had worse." She shoots Cel a small grin.

"So, what's th'plan? D'we really want t'head down there? I doubt these things'll h've a lot'f loot, if y'ask me."

grifter730
2016-12-04, 06:44 PM
At the mention of Levi's poison, Nox's demeanor turns grave. "I should be able to carry him back to town."

Nox has Muleback Cords, which makes his light load capacity up to 116 lbs., medium load up to 233 lbs., and heavy load up to 350 lbs. Right now he's only carrying about 55 lbs. worth of weight (armor and buckler). Levi was described as pretty slight if I remember right, so I assume it'd be no issue. Shouldn't take any longer, since he's already restricted to 20 ft. to begin with due to his suit.

DyerMaker
2016-12-05, 04:54 PM
Sun 4, late afternoon

The group makes it back to Canis with Nox carrying Levi. Pannar was even able to stop on the way and harvest two small plum tree saplings. The residents of Canis are thankful for your return. Levi is taken to Speaker's tent where he is given a potion to neutralize the poison. He sleeps for a few additional hours. Speaker calls everyone together once it's known that Levi has recovered to offer his gratitude and thanks to you, the group, for destroying the tatzlwyrms and opening the way to reunite with the settlement Sabik. Tonight's feast will consist of hare and carrot. Tomorrow Speaker will like to travel to Sabik, if everyone is in agreement. Speaker and Ant will travel with the group.

grifter730
2016-12-05, 06:15 PM
Nox was in a foul mood until Speaker announced that Levi had recovered. "Well, now that everyone's back to good health again, and we'll be on our way to another settlement, perhaps we can pick up some medicinal plants that, ah, cause euphoria? These headaches are quite insufferable." Nox pinches the bridge of his nose.

Gunhaven
2016-12-05, 07:48 PM
Salltuk hummed as he worked on cleaning up the path back to town, enjoying the latest tustle and opportunity to feel his blood pumping again. His injuries were minor and something that rest would help solve more than the magical abilities his group possessed. He didn't think his minor tricks of geomancy would make a huge dent in trade but it certainly couldn't hurt to make the path clear for future caravans. When talk of their plans inevitably began again, he said "It would be best if we gathered what we can offer Sabek before we leave for the town."

Phasm
2016-12-06, 02:09 AM
Celaeno would have liked to skin the tatzlwyrms, but she certainly didn't want to stay at the lair when everyone else was going back to Canis. Even without tatzlwyrm hide, though, it was a good fight. Not nearly as difficult as she had feared!

"I would like to revisit the tatzlwyrm lair as well, perhaps on our way back from Sabik. Those hides could be useful." The psychic idly twists a lock of hair around her finger as she draws plans and calculations for a wall on the side of a house with a bit of charcoal. "What did you trade with Sabik before the wyrms came, Speaker?"

HappyMerecat
2016-12-06, 07:45 AM
Pannar

Pannar finds a good spot and plants the saplings, explaining how to care for them.

BramsesII
2016-12-06, 05:22 PM
Taygete

Back at the settlement, the first thing Taygete does is seek out Urgen. As the others are all busy doing important stuff, the lashunta finds herself wanting to talk to someone else after such a nasty fight.

Once she's managed to find the tiefling, the first thing she does is offer her a hand to shake. "W're back." The lashunta grins. "'nd w'managed t'clear th'path to Sabik. Wasn't w'thout trouble, though. Poor Levi got hurt someth'n' bad. 'nd m'self, I've got a few scratches for me'trouble too. Did manage t'get in a good hit'r two on a few tatzlwyrms, though. 've y'ever seen a tatzlwyrm, miss Urgen?" Taygete doesn't give the tiefling a chance to answer her question as she keeps on rambling. "'s a good thing I c'ld turn invis'ble f'r a moment, or it would've killed me f'r sure. Prob'bly I've some scars t'show f'r it. D'ye want t'see m'scars?"

DyerMaker
2016-12-07, 09:30 PM
Nox: Urgen hears Nox groaning about his headaches and hands him a bit of dried, brilliant purple plant material in a clump about the size of Nox's thumb. This should take care of your pain.

Saltuk: Clearing part of the path on the way back to Canis was good work for Saltuk. He suggests taking whatever is needed to Sabik when they make the journey.

Celaeno: Lamenting the fact that the group didn't skin the tatzlwyrms irked Celaeno. She mentions stopping by the lair when they head out tomorrow. When asking Speaker about goods traded between Canis and Sabik, Speaker responds; Mostly venison and hare. See, Sabik doesn't have a hunter like our Lucky. In return, the folks in Sabik would exchange fish, at times, and other goods they had scrounged. They had a good group of scroungers. I hope they're still there.

Pannar: Looking for proper spots, Pannar plants both plum tree saplings with a bit of help from Bo. Let me know on the map in what square the plums will live.

Taygete: Spending some time with Urgen, the Lashunta and Tiefling discuss the events from earlier in the day. Urgen was very excited to hear about the battle with the tatzlwyrms and glad that everyone survived, even if there were some injuries. Urgen had heard about the tatzlwyrms from Speaker and Levi during their scouting ventures in times past. I've never seen one, just heard about them. Invisible! I'm sure that helped a good bit. And yes, I'd like to see those scars, she replies.

The group can now: 1. Travel to Sabik, 2. Investigate Coloxus and the bandits known as The Flies, 3. Spend 5 days building walls around Canis, 4. Venture on your own and explore the area.

grifter730
2016-12-08, 07:58 PM
Nox's eyes twinkle with mischief as Urgen hands him the clump of brilliant purple plant.

Intelligence check to see if he knows about this plant: [roll0]
Specifically, he wants to know if it'll get him high.

DyerMaker
2016-12-09, 10:48 PM
Nox's eyes twinkle with mischief as Urgen hands him the clump of brilliant purple plant.

Intelligence check to see if he knows about this plant: [roll0]
Specifically, he wants to know if it'll get him high.
To Nox, the plant has a familiar smell, but he has no knowledge of this specific plant.

grifter730
2016-12-11, 06:02 AM
Smelled familiar enough, but Nox couldn't quite place it. "Well, it won't bloody likely smoke itself," Nox mutters under his breath. He rolls, lights it, and inhaled it, awaiting its effects...

Gunhaven
2016-12-11, 08:48 PM
Saltuk pondered the possibilities before he said "Perhaps we should harvest the wyrms on the way to Sabik then. It would be ideal if we can do that while we at least get started on the walls." He didn't really want to wait in the first place and began to lightly trace out with his powers where he thinks the wall would be best situated.

DyerMaker
2016-12-16, 12:06 AM
Speaker is agreeable to wait until more defense is constructed before traveling to Sabik. The group and the residents spend 3 solid days working on the walls. The defense of Canis is now 144/100 and the group has 40BP remaining. Spending one day to rest, the group is now prepared to travel to Sabik, stopping by the tatzlwyrm den on the way. What will the group take with them?

grifter730
2016-12-18, 04:24 PM
"Well! That's done it. For now anyway," Nox leans back and stretches as he admired the newly erected wall. He grins then, and rubs his hands together. "Now, onto new places, and new vices to be rediscovered!"

Nox is not one to care about what to bring to Sabik outside of what's needed to survive the journey to get there. Things like trade goods, politics, etc., are of no concern to him for the time being. He's just tagging along for the fun, and to protect his rescuer, so he'll leave all the thinking to the others. For himself, he'll spend a power point daily so he doesn't need to eat/drink for the day.

Gunhaven
2016-12-18, 05:56 PM
Saltuk maneuvers the earth into place, letting others work it into more permanent fixtures. He does this tirelessly and without complaint for the entirety of the three days, pausing only to eat or sleep. At the end he gave only a simple nod to express his pleasure in the work completed and says "I vote we take the wyrms with us instead of returning back to town with our haul. Lucky, you can preserve the meat long enough to get it back to town after our trip, yes?"

Phasm
2016-12-19, 12:30 AM
Celaeno wrinkles her nose at the mention of tatzlwyrm meat. "Those wyrms have been lying in the sun for three days, Saltuk. I'm not sure if the meat would be safe to eat, if it ever was. I hope the hides at least are salvageable."

grifter730
2016-12-19, 04:02 AM
Nox walks over next to Saltuk as Celaeno talked to him. "Well done, mate! You really outdid yourself this time," Nox shot him a grin and a pat on the shoulder. "Don't be so modest eh, those sturdy walls might mean the difference between staying alive, and a horde of starving cannibals at the door!"

DyerMaker
2016-12-20, 11:35 AM
Sun 8, morning

The group heads toward the tatzlwyrm den on its way to Sabik. Speaker and Bo have prepared a half-side of venison and a basket of carrots. Nox, I was hoping ya'd carry these for me, with them mule cords?, Speaker remarked. All of the items are in a nice hide bundle, tied with sinew string. Moving south you arrive at the tatzlwyrm den to find large green flies circling the carcasses of the four wyrms. The hides appear to be mostly intact from your current vantage point.

grifter730
2016-12-20, 04:36 PM
"Of course, of course, mate!" Nox answers the speaker and takes the bundle of goods. He hauls it over his shoulder, ready to drop it at the first sign of danger. "So, tell me, should we expect any kind of violence on the way to Sabik? And what are the people there like? Is it a bigger settlement? Why don't you all stay together instead of live separately?"

DyerMaker
2016-12-21, 12:11 AM
MAP (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b1vrIKaoNfKzXOIokB4w_Z-Phkozfx6ElfwkdtXQ3bk/edit?usp=sharing) for the tatzlwyrm den.

I apologize for not having this during combat. We'll have maps similar to this moving forward.

Gunhaven
2016-12-21, 06:11 PM
As they draw closer to the den again, Saltuk frowns and makes a note for future kills. He then gathers the whispers of the earth again to form the scorpion and sends it to scurry forward through the den, up to a mile away. He relies on the empathic link to sense any difference in feeling beyond the general boringness of rocks.

DyerMaker
2016-12-22, 11:45 PM
Saltuk's scorpion returns with no variance in vibe. Speaker warns that the flies are harmless unless they're the size of your fist; Those 'ill put a hurt'n on ya. Speaker and Bo moved toward the den entrance and those two wyrm carcasses.

grifter730
2016-12-23, 01:30 AM
Nox walks over to the den entrance along with Speaker and Bo, taking guard and patrolling the area.

No answers from Speaker for all the questions Nox asked? You might've missed them, they're a couple of posts back.
Perception: [roll0]

Gunhaven
2016-12-24, 10:06 AM
Saltuk shrugs and returns the scorpion to the earth before he takes up position near Nox. For a moment he contemplates working on his aim with the flies but ultimately decides against it. They didn't bother him so he wouldn't bother them.

DyerMaker
2016-12-28, 03:28 PM
Once everyone is at the den opening, Bo observes that the skins are still good but the meat has turned for the worse.
Speaker contemplates the questions posed by Nox; With these wyrms kill't we should see no more threats, but that ain't a guarantee. ... The people in Sabik, they're hardy, mostly halflings who stick to their kin. They just have a different way of liv'n than we do. We're friendly an all.

Bo agrees to start skinning one of the wyrms, but will need another pair of hands. Who wants to help?, she asks.

Gunhaven
2016-12-28, 10:27 PM
Saltuk shrugged and approached the beasts, saying "I'm not the best and it's been a while since I've had to do anything so precise but I'll try my hand at it."

grifter730
2016-12-29, 03:10 AM
Nox listens intently as the Speaker answered his questions, and pointedly pretended not to hear Bo's request for help. Instead, he flexed his shoulders and shifted the weight of the bundles in his hands to show he literally had his hands full.

DyerMaker
2016-12-30, 05:44 PM
After 2 hours of skinning the area smells really bad and more flies are attracted to the wyrm carcass. That'ns done. Let's start on the other one, Bo proclaims, We'll keep tha heads too and harvest the poison glands. Those heads will look good hang'n from the walls at Canis.

Speaker asks Nox, Let's see what's inside this 'er tunnel while these two 're skin'n. That smell there is rancid.

grifter730
2016-12-30, 08:21 PM
Nox nods at Speaker's request. "Wait up, old man! Let me set these down and lead the way. Don't need you gettin' hurt!"

Gunhaven
2016-12-30, 09:46 PM
Saltuk for his part doesn't seem to mind the smell, waving off the flies that get to close while Bo and he work on the second carcass. He starts to ponder on the placement of the heads while he helps, idly saying "One on either entrance to the village above the gate, third in the main hall?"

DyerMaker
2017-01-05, 12:11 PM
Nox and Speaker begin to investigate what turns out to be a series of tunnels that served as the lair for the tatzlwyrms. This would make quite tha bunker, Speaker proclaimed. After an hour or so of plundering a bit, the pair find three interesting items. A finely made, wide leather belt with two hide strands at either end instead of a buckle (this was found on a skeletal corpse not far from the entrance). Next, the two find a small leather pouch that contains a mundane dagger, 30 gold coins, and a peculiar pair of crystal monocles, linked together with a simple silver clasp. Finally, Nox rummages through a pile of various bones to find a pair of tortoiseshell bracers. Given the time underground, Nox and Speaker return to the opening to see that Bo and Saltuk have finished skinning the second wyrm and are ready to move onto the next two if the group is in agreement?

grifter730
2017-01-05, 04:04 PM
Nox walks back out with Speaker. "It's quite a walk going all the way out here just for a bunker," Nox comments. "What'd ya have in mind?"

Finding the group, Nox shows them the loot. "Maybe some of you magic folks can see if any of these things are magical. Might be of some use."

Nox is ready to go wherever Speaker feels is best.

Gunhaven
2017-01-05, 05:16 PM
Saltuk ponders at mention of bunkers before shrugging. He says "A rest stop would be nice between the two villages. Perhaps on the return trip we can shape it." He gets up, stretches a bit, and meanders over to the remaining two carcasses, adding "Might as well get these two finished with as well."

DyerMaker
2017-01-10, 01:44 PM
With all four wyrms skinned, the hour grows late. The group must decide whether to press on, return to Canis, or spend the evening in the former tatzlwyrm den.

Speaker answers Nox within earshot of Saltuk and Bo, To be honest, as a dwarf, I prefer this dwelling to my current tent, who knows how far these tunnels reach, created by the wyrms. To be sure, it could be well fortified and built upon the surface as well. Say, should we press on or explore further?

grifter730
2017-01-10, 03:02 PM
"How much further is it to Canis? It's gettin' pretty late. Might be best to make camp here and keep watch, in case passersby or something from deeper in the tunnel decides to pay us a visit. I'm good to go still though, if that's what the group wants."

Did the herbs that Nox get the other night get him high?

Gunhaven
2017-01-11, 11:17 AM
Saltuk idly wiped his hands off on his armor before he said "We might as well stay here and use the last bit of daylight to get started on securing the den. Perhaps in the future we can get some help from either village to further fortify it." He idly moved the earth beneath the carcasses away from the cave so that the smell wouldn't be too bad while they camped.

Phasm
2017-01-12, 10:41 PM
Celaeno helps with the messy task of skinning, it's unpleasant but she does know the basics of how to get an animal's hide off in a usable condition. Once they're completely done skinning and moving corpses around, she does the rounds with prestidigitation. It doesn't do anything for the stink of the dead tatzlwyrms themselves, but at least the skinning crew no longer reeks of rotten meat.

"As unpleasant as the smell here is, not all of us can see in the dark." Well, Celaeno can amplify her senses psychically, but she can't do it for very long yet. "If Sabik is too far to reach before nightfall, it may be better to camp here for the night."

DyerMaker
2017-01-13, 12:47 AM
Nox is good to move on or stay. He reaches into a pouch and gathers some more of the purple bud. The high was the best he'd had in hundreds of years.
Saltuk uses the last bit of light to help fortify the den. In doing so, he stumbles upon a case of potions mostly buried in the dirt, twenty-four in total, all still sealed.
Celaeno finishes helping skin the wyrms and then casts prestidigitation to finish cleaning. She too agrees to camp for the night.

A night in the den was pleasant. Bo helped cook some of the food that was brought while Speaker spoke of more chaotic times from the past when bandits and cannibals were more wide-spread. The next morning Saltuk wakes first as the group stirs in preparation of their five hour journey to Sabik. Speaker remarks; I hope Tizini and Ophi are still in charge, sure make things easier.

Gunhaven
2017-01-13, 09:09 AM
A final check was initiated while people woke up at their own pace. Once everyone was ready Saltuk said "We have more gear that needs to be checked. Twenty four corked potions half-buried." He finishes his preparations with breakfast, either what was brought, foraged, or preserved by their long rest. Finally he claps his hands and says "Can you tell us more about Sabik and it's people while we travel?"

DyerMaker
2017-01-14, 10:35 PM
Saltuk prepares for the trip and asks Speaker for some further insight on Sabik.

Speaker recalls, Sabik is mostly halfling folk, hardy an all but keep'n to themselves. Their mostly farm'n types and we get along and like to visit, but our people at Canis like to live by less rigid rules, so that's a difference.

Several hours pass when you see the Northern wall of Sabik. It appears to be well-maintained but no guards are readily visible.

grifter730
2017-01-15, 06:12 PM
Ah, nothing better than ending a good day's travels and hard work with a little bit of relaxing. Reaching into his pouch, Nox pulls out some of the purple buds he'd been given. This future held so many wonderful promises...

Morning came, and it was back to more walking for several hours, before the walls of Sabik came into view. "Doesn't look like anyone's about. Is that something to be concerned about?" Nox asks the Speaker.

Gunhaven
2017-01-15, 06:54 PM
Saltuk spends the trip there much as he spent the trip to the cave, doing his best to push aside the larger earthen obstructions so that the road between the two towns and the bunker was relatively clear. He didn't voice the idea but in the back of his mind he thought of the two towns eventually forming a caravan for trade. When they got to the wall he whistled and said "Looks sturdy. Perhaps we can get them to join us in strengthening our defenses or among the pathway."

Phasm
2017-01-16, 01:41 AM
"I'll check the potions once we get to Canis, Saltuk. Alchemy isn't my area of expertise, I might need to use my powers." And if they run into more trouble, Celaeno wants every spell available. She cleans herself and her sister of the inevitable dirt caused by sleeping on the ground, and offers the spell to anyone else who wants it before they set out once more.

The psychic nods in agreement with Saltuk's comment. "Sturdy indeed! Perhaps we can trade services with these folk. I wonder where everyone is, though? I hope nothing bad has happened to them."

DyerMaker
2017-01-17, 03:15 PM
A halfling in leather armor wearing a red top hat stands upon the wall at S:1, a short spear in hand. (Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b1vrIKaoNfKzXOIokB4w_Z-Phkozfx6ElfwkdtXQ3bk/edit?usp=sharing)) He yells out in his native tongue. Stop there and go no further. State your business or be ran through.

grifter730
2017-01-17, 06:41 PM
Nox:

Glad to see a halfling on the wall, Nox tried to make out what the little one was saying. He turns to Speaker as the gibberish made no sense to him. Waiting to see if anyone else understood, Nox shrugged his shoulder, and began waving his arm exaggeratedly in a gesture of greeting. "Oy, mate! I don't speak them little folk tongue, eh! We're here with goods!" He holds up the bags he's carrying. "Only good stuff here, mate!"

Gunhaven
2017-01-17, 11:56 PM
Saltuk for his part shrugged at the gibberish and said "I learned only the common tongue beyond the language of my kind and my kin." He turned to Speaker and added "Do you know if many settlements followed suit and don't share the common tongue any more?"

Phasm
2017-01-18, 01:55 AM
Celaeno shrugs helplessly. "We do not have halflings on Castrovel, this language is unfamiliar to me." And lashunta telepathy only works on people with whom you share a language.

DyerMaker
2017-01-19, 06:31 PM
Nox speaks to the halfing in common, letting him know they have the goods.
Saltuk shrugs, only having learned the common tongue.
Celaeno also shrugs, as there are no halflings on Castrovel.
Speaker yells out in the halfing tongue and gets a favorable answer; He says we're okay to move forward.

Entering through the eastern gate with the halfing in the red top hat leading the way you notice a clean and well organized settlement. All of the homes are on 6ft stilts, with steps or ramps leading to porches that surround each home made of wood, vine, and thatch. Several halfings can be seen moving about mixed with a couple of humans, and at least one kitsune. Everyone seems to have a job to do and are hard at work doing it. The halfing turns around, bows, and speaks in common; I'm Cherry, master lookout, welcome to Sabik, please wait here while I gather the Master of Charms. Who may I say is calling?

Gunhaven
2017-01-20, 09:06 AM
Saltuk entered and paused at the construction before a ghost of a smile played over his lips. This looked to be a good village. When asked who they were the faint smile turned into a proper grin as he said to his companions "We may just be the last warriors of the Fifth Crusade. Someone who's better at showmanship and talking outside the military should do the talking though." His eyes darted to Nox even if he didn't outright say it.

Phasm
2017-01-21, 02:39 AM
Celaeno may not be overly familiar with Golarion's customs, but she's pretty sure you're supposed to give your name. She smiles down at Cherry and gestures to each of the party as she introduces them. "I am Celaeno and this is my sister Taygete. This is Saltuk, Nox, and Pannar."

grifter730
2017-01-22, 03:39 AM
Nox:

Nox smiles at the halfling. "Pleasure to meet you, mate!" He offers his open hand. "Where I'm from, from a couple hundred years ago, we used to shake hands as a greeting. That's what I'm doing. See?" Nox waggles his open hand. "I'm offering my hand. Just offering to see if a gesture of goodwill will be reciprocated. Just offering my hand..."

DyerMaker
2017-01-22, 02:25 PM
Saltuk is somewhat amused, "We may just be the last warriors of the Fifth Crusade." he thinks to himself.
Celaeno introduces herself as well as the others in the group.
Nox explains the nuances of a handshake in greeting Cherry to which the halfling reciprocates in kind.
Speaker introduces himself and Bo as inhabitants of Canis and requests to speak with Tizini and/or Ophi. Speaker proudly mentions to the halfling that these skilled warriors (waving his hand in your direction) dispatched the nearby tatzlwyrm den, clearing the way.

Cherry looks wide-eyed and frozen for a moment, Yes, Yes, I'll be right back with Mistress Ophi, our lady will be most pleased, most pleased. The halfling dons his hat and spins, his bare feet moving swiftly toward the interior of the settlement. Moments later he returns and implores the group to follow him. You are taken to a log and vine home on stilts (J:6) where Cherry leads you up a ramp to a front door made of rough-hewn log. There are shuttered windows to the left and right of the door. On the end of the home is a large blue bird house. The door opens. Inviting you to enter is a older halfling woman with braided blonde hair, green eyes, and wearing loose ceremonial robes of yellow and blue. The home is cozy with trinkets and baubles scattered about and adorning various shelves. Come in, Speaker, Bo, and new friends. I am humbled, Speaker replies. As you sit down, mostly on the floor, Speaker motions to the group. Ophi, I'd like for my new companions to do the talking. Ophi waits gracefully to hear your story.

grifter730
2017-01-22, 04:00 PM
Nox:

Nox was completely surprised when Cherry returned the gesture and shook his hand. A grin appeared on his face, and he immediately took a liking to Cherry. Great start so far.

As the group is introduced to Ophi, Nox looks around to see who would start the conversation. He was itching to speak just to kill the awkward quietness that would descend upon them if no one spoke up, but he also knew better than to speak. Tapping his knee as he sat cross-legged on the floor, Nox waited as long as he could possibly suffer the silence, but no one else spoke up, so...

"Quite a nice settlement you have here, I'd never been to a halfling settlement before, from this era or the previous one from a couple hundred years ago. Not really sure what to say, really. We were stuck in some sort of stasis--certainly through no fault of mine, I assure you--and when we woke up, Speaker here was in the room, and apparently a couple hundred years had passed. That about sums up our tale. Oh, and we sorta got rid of that minor tatzlwyrm nuisance all you folks were having."

Gunhaven
2017-01-22, 07:50 PM
Saltuk seemed a little uneasy leaving the earth but did so with no real complaints. He shot Nox a look that could be considered a "Really? You know who messed with those dials." but didn't correct him. He did add in his humorless tone "We are working on improving the den as well. There should be a rest stop between the two villages, right?" He didn't sound like it was really a question, doing his best to convey that they were going to do it whether it was needed or not.

Phasm
2017-01-24, 01:08 AM
Oh, Nox. Celaeno suppresses a sigh at his attempt at storytelling. "We ran afoul of some sort of Azlanti artifact underground, having fallen into a cavern system during a demon attack on Eleder," she elaborates. "The people of Canis have been most hospitable to us, so we are aiding them in improving the village's defenses and eliminating threats such as the tatzlwyrms. Perhaps Sabik and Canis will be able to trade now, to the benefit of both settlements."

DyerMaker
2017-01-25, 01:12 PM
Ophi is quite excited to hear your tale and bows thankfully hearing that the tatzlwyrms no longer plague Canis nor Sabik. A route for trade is a most excellent idea. Sabik lacks the hunting skills of Canis and we have bountiful gardens here as well as some fish from our pond. ... I have one request, on behalf of myself and Sabik, if you heroes would be so inclined? As you know, halfling folk are not a warring folk. There is a lowland southeast of us where we have lost six of our number to the lizardfolk. There are worthy rice fields in the area that could benefit both Canis and Sabik. Of course, the lizardfolk do not farm these fields, but their proximity has prevented us from farming the rice and, well, diplomacy has failed. Will you help?

grifter730
2017-01-25, 03:00 PM
Nox:

Nox looks around at his companions. He scratches the back of his head. "Ummm, that sounds like a violent takeover of land. Have they attacked Sabik? Sounds like they just want to be left alone. I'm not in the business of murdering innocent folk looking to be left alone."

Gunhaven
2017-01-25, 04:31 PM
Saltuk nodded and added "How did diplomacy fail? It would be nice to have three cities working together versus just two. Unless...do people still perform speciesism in the future?" He cracked a rare smile at his joke and the fact that he knew hobgoblins weren't exactly the most welcoming of races in the first place.

DyerMaker
2017-01-26, 01:52 PM
Nox quips back at Ophi's request; "Ummm, that sounds like a violent takeover of land. Have they attacked Sabik? Sounds like they just want to be left alone. I'm not in the business of murdering innocent folk looking to be left alone."
Saltuk has a follow-up; "How did diplomacy fail? It would be nice to have three cities working together versus just two. Unless...do people still perform speciesism in the future?"

Ophi pauses for a moment but retains her poise and upbeat attitude; The lizardfolk are new to the lowland. Sabik has harvested those rice fields in years past. I'm sure Speaker remembers its long-grain and excellent flavor. Eight of our number were harvesting when the lizardfolk attacked. Sadly, two were killed, Marlos and Twee. The other six returned home with only minor injuries. However, we could not recover Twee's body. It's horrible to think of a cherished member of our community being slain. It adds to the pain to not see them receive proper burial. Closure for we halflings is paramount to our culture. ... Our next move was to send a linguist who spoke Draconic and a contingency to initiate diplomacy. The lizardfolk killed our linguist and three others in the party. The four that returned spoke of the brutality and horror. It was an outright slaughter. Since then, we've sent only spies to see if they remain. Have they attacked Sabik? The lizards have not passed through these walls, they have not set upon us in our homes, but yes, they have attacked Sabik, for Sabik is more than a settlement, it is its people!, a peaceful people.

grifter730
2017-01-26, 03:43 PM
Nox:

"Ah, I see," Nox nods his head as Ophi finished her tale. "So they were the hostile aggressor who took over the land then. I suppose in a climate such as this, it's kill or be killed. Do any of you know anything of lizardfolk?" Nox looks towards his companions. "While I don't mind helping, I still can't stomach the idea of orphaning children of intelligent races. Are they inherently evil, such as demons and such?"

Nox turns back to Ophi. "What if we go to negotiate terms instead of outright slaughtering them? Sounds like we're gonna need to bash a few heads, but at least we won't orphan an entire village or have to kill children. If we can take the rice fields that they're not using, would that suffice?"

Phasm
2017-01-27, 02:44 AM
Celaeno nods in agreement with Nox. "I agree that your rice fields must be reclaimed. But should the lizardfolk have young, well, I am loathe to slaughter those who cannot fight back." She shrugs in response to his question. "Don't ask me, this isn't my planet."

Gunhaven
2017-01-27, 01:13 PM
Saltuk nodded along and frowned at mention of evil races. He sighed and said with a hint of sadness "There isn't any... strictly evil race. Some of my previous...comrades would capture slaves. We shouldn't stoop to such levels, nor should we kill those that can't fight. There's no honor in either." He paused for a moment before he added with just a touch more conviction "They could join us still. We should try and learn more if we can."

DyerMaker
2017-01-27, 09:53 PM
Ophi replies to the similar sentiments of the group; I understand and agree.
At that moment a human male covered in rough cloth and practical leather and a female half-elf enter Ophi's home. This is HG and Elaine. They have been spying on the lizardfolk over the last two weeks. Please confer with them and proceed with your plan. I'd like to hear your thoughts prior to moving forward if you don't mind.

Eldest
2017-01-27, 10:24 PM
Evening all. A young half-elf, barely old enough to count as an adult, strides into the room, spear on her back. Saw the wall coming up on the way in. Good work, if that was you. She leans back against a wall, not appearing comfortable in the room. Hopefully it'll stay up.

grifter730
2017-01-28, 03:13 AM
Nox:

At the newcomers' entrance, Nox sits up straighter, a slow grin appearing on his face. "Well, I'll be! More tall folks! I'm Nox, pleased to meet you!" He offers his hand at the half-elf. "So, tell us about these lizardfolks. Are they a threat? Are they open to peaceful negotiations? Any children in that settlement? How many warriors do they have?"

Hella Lugosi
2017-01-28, 05:52 AM
HG enters the building and surveys the new arrivals, idly twirling an axe in one hand. "Greetings. I am HG. This one is Elaine." His speech is clipped and direct, showing no obvious signs of emotion, and there is a distant sheen to his eyes. "You are here to help with the lizardfolk debacle, I take it."

Gunhaven
2017-01-28, 02:35 PM
Saltuk looked but didn't rise to greet the newcomers, remaining relatively stoic at their entrance. A brief pause of confusion did come about at the name HG but he figured human's names changed again and nodded toward the both of them, shifting as needed. The hobgoblin said "One way or another we will have to deal with it. I am Saltuk, geokineticist I believe is the common word for what I do." He gathered up some of the miscellaneous dirt into a small ball to show what he meant. "What of you two?"

Phasm
2017-01-30, 12:29 AM
Celaeno smiles and nods to the new arrivals. "I am Celaeno, and this is my sister Taygete. It's a pleasure to meet you." She bends over to grab a pebble, then holds it up where Elaine and HG can see. "Yan ashlo." The pebble glows with a bright, pure white light. "I am a psychic. Most of my powers are not flashy, but they are effective nonetheless."

DyerMaker
2017-01-30, 05:48 PM
Elaine and HG meet the current group and then move outside to finish their conversation as Ophi, Speaker, and Bo transition through the settlement to meet old friends.

They appear to have unground/underwater tunnels in which they live.
Time on the surface is limited to some hunting and scouting.
Their number seems to be 10 adult males, the same, if not more in females. Certainly not a tribe.
No hatchlings spotted thus far.
Primitive weapons
Mostly nocturnal with some daylight interaction.
Haven't got a look at the tunnels or living areas.

Eldest
2017-01-30, 06:07 PM
Elaine ticks off questions on her fingers. Threat, yes. Peaceful negotiation, no idea. Presumably. No hatchlings. Maybe 25, 30 people in total. And as the other fellow said, I'm Elaine. I hit people. Mostly, I'm a wilderness scout.

Hella Lugosi
2017-01-30, 06:25 PM
"Hmm, dirt and stone. Impressive. I'm not quite as complicated." HG gestures to the lightweight axes strapped across his chest - "I hit things with these." - before gripping the heavy battleaxe at his side. "And when that fails, I hit things with this." When the group gathers outside, he decides to expand on Elaine's summary. "The lizards are a shy bunch with not a lot of love for daylight. They spend most of their lives hidden away in their holes, and what little time they spend up here is mainly occupied with hunting and scouting, though thankfully the tools they use to do so are... somewhat elementary. And before you ask, no, we haven't the foggiest what goes on in their little dens."

Gunhaven
2017-01-30, 11:35 PM
Saltuk nodded along before he said "Can either of you talk to them? It'll be nice if we can talk this whole thing out and help strengthen these communities." Idly he began to think about what to do with the tidbit that they prefer holes in the ground, briefly thinking back to the den they cleared out, and adding "I wonder if we can relocate them to that den we cleared out instead."

DyerMaker
2017-01-31, 04:56 PM
A halfling comes running up to HG and Elaine; Hurry, hurry you must! A strange red mist is settling over the rice fields! One of the lizardfolk has died!
Elaine and HG know this halfing as Krim, a fellow scout (ranger).

Eldest
2017-01-31, 05:25 PM
Elaine nods, already going out the door. She pauses for a moment at the threshold. Hopefully this will resolve peacefully. In case of not, please do come along.

Hella Lugosi
2017-01-31, 05:42 PM
HG curses quietly under his breath, before following Elaine, readying his axes. "Peace. That'd be nice for a change."

Gunhaven
2017-02-01, 12:58 AM
Saltuk sighed and said "Do we know what the red mist is? Rushing blindly into combat is never a good idea." Even as he spoke he moved to investigate what was happening, keeping up with the others.

Phasm
2017-02-01, 01:02 AM
"Oh, gods." Celaeno picks up the pace to keep up with the others, thinking back to her classes on Castrovel. A red mist that kills, what might that be?

I'm guessing Knowledge (arcana)? Let me know if it's something else.

Knowledge (arcana): [roll0]

grifter730
2017-02-01, 04:46 AM
Nox:

Not one to be alarmed by something that didn't threaten him or his crew, Nox sighed deeply before running after the others. If a lizardfolk has died though, whatever is causing it could be a threat to both halflings and lizardfolks. What a perfect way to get them to not kill each other!

DyerMaker
2017-02-01, 02:45 PM
It takes nearly a half-hour to reach the Lowlands. Once there, the air has an earthy aroma that echoes the look of decaying vegetation and the softness of the ground beneath your feet. Your boots sink a few inches with each step. To the south you can see the dense vegetation of various bushes and sedge cut by the small river that runs north to south. To the far east, a large mound of mud is visible, some 10ft high and then you witness the expanse of rice fields that have created this conflict.

Now a new danger exists in the form of a foamy red mist floating along the Lowland, approximately 2 feet in the air. It flies more swiftly than your pace as you notice a few lizardfolk engage with this curiosity. It's presence it quite odd, otherworldly, as it seems to lash toward the lizardfolk with claw-like tentacles made from its foamy substance.

Moving Finger Maps (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b1vrIKaoNfKzXOIokB4w_Z-Phkozfx6ElfwkdtXQ3bk/edit?usp=sharing)

OOC: the lizardfolk with the red outline is presumed dead

grifter730
2017-02-01, 03:54 PM
Nox:

"Oyyyy! Would you look at that..." Nox pauses as he admires the red mist. The lizardfolk seemed curious, but they look outnumbered, so Nox wasn't too concerned about them. "So... any of you smart folk have any idea what that is? Maybe some of you finger waggler? Seems like this type of kinky stuff is what you'd be into."

Some questions:
- What do the green "D" and the cyan "A" mean? I assume L = Lizardfolk, and RM = Red Mist (heh, reminds me of the Kick-Ass movies).
- I take it this whole area is considered difficult terrain?
- Is that a body of water surrounding the rice field?

General Knowledge check of the red mist: [roll0]

Hella Lugosi
2017-02-01, 07:16 PM
HG surveys the scene from afar, watching the carnage unfold. "Huh. Well that is certainly something." He turns to the rest of the group. "Do we want to just let them fight it out? It might be considerably easier. Hells, it might even be fun to watch."

grifter730
2017-02-01, 08:46 PM
"Saving the lizardfolks could buy us some grace. Of course, it could weaken us enough for them to overpower us."

Gunhaven
2017-02-02, 09:45 PM
Saltuk paused as he said "So what's this mist? Is it something we can kill or should we try and contain it?" He didn't really wait for a response as he continued to move forward toward both the mist and the river.

Move to L9.

Phasm
2017-02-03, 01:52 AM
A dreadful suspicion takes root in Celaeno's mind as the group hurries toward the Lowland. She doesn't want to say anything until she's actually witnessed the phenomenon, no sense in causing panic unnecessarily. But then she lays eyes on the mist, and she's sure.

"Oh, gods." The psychic swallows hard. "It's a vampiric mist. The good news is that it's vulnerable to fire and heat. The bad news is that it's hard to damage with normal weapons, and it doesn't have any vital points. It's a type of aberration." And it's likely mindless as well, which means that Celaeno's command spell and daze ability aren't going to work.

Taking a deep breath, she sketches the shape of a shield with her fingers. "Sovash te nando." The air around her body shimmers briefly as invisible armor forms around her.

Casting mage armor.

Eldest
2017-02-03, 08:04 AM
Elaine looks over at the other caster. Fancy. As she speaks, her forms seems to distort for a second, before coming back to normal.
Her own inertial armor, manifested for 1pp. Moving to J6

Hella Lugosi
2017-02-03, 08:45 AM
Upon hearing a description of the creature, HG stares down at his axes. "This may put me at a bit of a disadvantage then. Still, at least one side of this conflict hates us, so we may as well seize the opportunity." He follows Saltuk towards the fray.

Move to L10

grifter730
2017-02-03, 02:29 PM
Nox:

Nox glances over at Celaeno. "Oyyy! Vampiric mist? What in the nine hells does that even mean? How hard is it to hurt it with normal weapon?"

Move to L-3

DyerMaker
2017-02-03, 04:33 PM
Saltuk and HG move closer to the mist, still west of the river. Another Lizardfolk engages the mist in melee, only to have a lashing claw drain the blood from its body.
Nox moves east toward the river, noticing the change in temperature as the swift water flows over algae-covered rocks and bends grasses southward.
Celaeno identifies the aberration as vampiric mist and casts Mage Armor.
Elaine manifests inertial armor and remarks, "Fancy" as Celaneno finishes her casting.
Arlucushk stands frozen for the moment as Droshaq and two of his warriors move east in an attempt to flank the mist. Droshaq yells in draconic as his body shakes with rage.

The mist began to fly further south before it was engaged by another lizardfolk. It remained stationary to drain its prey as foam-like claws can be seen by Saltuk and HG moving in ravenous twists and curls over the fallen warrior.

Grand Arbiter
2017-02-03, 06:04 PM
Leaning upon his staff, Arlucushk watches before taking action.

...The fool ignores my counsel, as he has many times before. Now there was a vampiric mist on our doorstep and a group from the halfling settlement armed for battle. So much for the good omens the ancestors foresaw for today...

He quickly addresses the warriors and Drolaq,
"dout laraeki geou tir moxt. si geou xoal sia arcaniss... vsist, yth tepoha tarannen."
Your weapons will do little. I will try my magic. Also, we have company.

Closing his eyes, Arlucushk reaches out towards the mist, attempting to hinder the creature.

Evil Eye upon the Vampiric Mist:
-2 to attack rolls (to test to see if EE works) for 6 rounds
Will Save DC: 14 to reduce duration to one round.

A 5-foot step to W20 will be taken if needed to get in range.