PDA

View Full Version : Lost my Giant Frog

Irreverent Fool
2007-07-09, 07:21 PM
I'm starting a new campaign tomorrow morning and among the other nasty things I spread about the castle the group will be infiltrating is a giant frog. Unfortunately, I don't know of a listing in any of the monster manuals. The stats I had intended to use were on a DEATHKNELL D&D Mini's card, which I seem to have lost. I don't suppose anyone could point me in the right direction for said stats or toss up a page number and book I could find what I'm looking for?

Barring that, I'm keen on suggestions for other such critters to sprinkle around to make things a little more interesting so replacements are fine too. I think the frog will add quite a bit more flavor since one of the party members will be playing a halfling and frogs have this nasty tendacy to 'swallow whole'.

JackMage666
2007-07-09, 07:24 PM
Can't tell you the page number, but MM2 has a Dire Toad. That should give good enough stats (medium or small size, I think)

Irreverent Fool
2007-07-09, 07:32 PM
Must have skipped right past that one. I think this one is a little tougher than the frog due to that whole dire v. giant thing, but I think it will do nicely. Thanks for the reference.

JackMage666
2007-07-09, 07:48 PM
Other than that, use weird creature if that's what you're looking for. Jermalains (sp?) (MM2) are strangely funny bad guys. A goblin with a good personality is a fun encounter. Otyughs are suprisingly weak for thier size, but can be described to scare the players just due to filth. Dire Maggots (Libris Mortis) scare my players alot, despite their CR and actual ability. Just gotta know what it'll take to make your players have fun.

Ruarc
2007-07-09, 07:50 PM
Stat cards can be downloaded from the WotC website:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mi/20070118b

Here's the one you want. The Giant Frog is on page 5. Nice, eh?

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/DDM_06DK_RPG.zip

Irreverent Fool
2007-07-10, 04:00 AM
Ruarc, I love you. That's forever saved in my bookmarks.

As far as Otyughs go Jack, I was noticing that myself! Their description mentions they are often used as garbage disposals and are smart enough to be glad they're getting free food without biting the hand that feeds them. I think I may toss them down in the castle's refuse pit in place of zombies if only for the fact that I doubt any of my players have seen them before. I'll have to check out those goblin guys though.