PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bladebound/Hexcrafter/Kapenia Dancer viable?

Jackofalltrades
2016-09-28, 10:32 AM
hello, so i'm making a lv2 magus for a upcoming campaign. i was thinking about making him quick like wind/electric/storm themed, taking feats like eldritch heritage (stormborn) weapon finesse, haste spell, shocking grasp. gust of wind and so forth. so the next step is the class, i have decided to go Bladebound/Hexcrafter/Kapenia Dancer for this build, i know it isn't optimized, but the favor is great. but my main concern is if whether i can stack these archetypes or not, first off normally a bladebounded magus couldn't have a blackblade bladed scarf being a two handed weapon, but in the hands of a Kapenia Dancer it can be used as a one handed slashing weapon, would that work or would it be up too the dm? secondly, i notice both the hexcrafter and Kapenia Dancer alter the magus arcana, but they only add to the options available and don't actually replace anything. work that work? because the flight hex is would make this build awesome. now i know the bladed scarf isn't optimized, but magus helps with that as well as black blade. my stats are str 16, dex 16, con 16, int 16, wis 11, cha 13, without racial modifiers. (thinking half elf for skill focus (nature) to get eldritch heritage (stormborn) a little quicker) your thoughts?

khadgar567
2016-09-28, 10:47 AM
blade bound and scarf dancer in same class I think dont work but wait for kurald for more info

Kurald Galain
2016-09-28, 11:13 AM
Don't worry about power level, as Hexcrafter and Bladebound are two of the best archetypes Magus has to offer. Kapenia is not so great, mainly because of diminished spellcasting and the fact that a scarf is just not a strong weapon.

Personally I agree with your notion that the Kapenia allows a scarf to qualify for Bladebound, particularly since whips are already a common bladebound weapon, and this is clearly not an overpowered choice.

secondly, i notice both the hexcrafter and Kapenia Dancer alter the magus arcana, but they only add to the options available and don't actually replace anything. work that work?
General consensus is that yes, it works. Of course, you should ask your DM to be sure, but combinations like this are commonly suggested and allowed both here and on the Paizo forum.

Jackofalltrades
2016-09-28, 12:39 PM
Don't worry about power level, as Hexcrafter and Bladebound are two of the best archetypes Magus has to offer. Kapenia is not so great, mainly because of diminished spellcasting and the fact that a scarf is just not a strong weapon.

Personally I agree with your notion that the Kapenia allows a scarf to qualify for Bladebound, particularly since whips are already a common bladebound weapon, and this is clearly not an overpowered choice.

General consensus is that yes, it works. Of course, you should ask your DM to be sure, but combinations like this are commonly suggested and allowed both here and on the Paizo forum.

yeah i know the diminished spellcasting hurts, but then again how many people have a fashionable intelligent scarf that doubles as weapon?:smallcool: though is there anyway i can make up for that diminished spellcasting?

Kurald Galain
2016-09-28, 12:55 PM
though is there anyway i can make up for that diminished spellcasting?

Pearls of power, mostly. Here's some more suggestions (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus).

Jackofalltrades
2016-09-28, 01:53 PM
Pearls of power, mostly. Here's some more suggestions (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus).

you know what, i keep hearing that a spell caster should always have a few peals of power on hand, but until now i'll never knew what they were. well that helps recover some of those missing spells slots.