PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Assassin Optimization (3.5)

flappeercraft
2016-09-28, 12:13 PM
So a new player is joining my party. At the moment he wants to have a Rogue/Assasin type build. We currently are at 4th level and are going all the way up to 20+ level. He has not rolled yet but for the purpose of this thread let's use the Elite stats array as a basis. Up to the moment nothing is really decided but he wants to be a humanoid/native outsider LA +0. To the moment we are thinking a Lesser tiefling rogue 4 to begin with. Also 3.0 stuff is allowed if not updated to 3.5, no ToB and reccomendations for any level up to level 21 are ok.

ComaVision
2016-09-28, 01:51 PM
I guess it depends on what you want to optimize for and the nature of the campaign. You could optimize Death Attack by getting into Assassin as early as possible and then going into Legacy Champion afterwards to increase your effective Assassin class level, though this is a bad idea if you expect to be going against crit immune enemies frequently.

WeaselGuy
2016-09-28, 02:01 PM
Allow me to direct you to the following guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?156350-3-5-The-Rogue-Handbook-A-Fistful-of-d6). Of note: Craven at level 1, to increase damage by a flat rate based on character level, instead of class level; Penetrating Strike ACF to give you half sneak attack damage against creatures normally immune to sneak attacks; A barbarian dip for spirit lion totem and whirling frenzy, for pounce and AoE damage, as well as possibly some ranger dippage for TWF and skills. I would build an assassin as Barb 1/Rngr 2/Rog 3/Assn 9/Legacy Champion 5. You end up with 9d6 Sneak Attack damage by 20, as well as 14 BAB and pretty good skills.