PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Cleric of Heironeous to PrC pally, DMM Persist.

Tindragon
2016-09-28, 04:35 PM
Toying with this idea. Got it to here thus far, I doubt it's tier 1, but it might be fun to play. Thoughts on where to go, or massive down falls to correct before getting into Pally PrC....

Human LG cleric of Heirioneous 5.
S 14
D 15
C 16
I 11
W 18 (17 rolled +1 at 4)
Chr 17

Flaws
Shaky
Vulnerable

Feats
Human Improved Initiative
Cleric war domain Weap Focus L Sword
1 extend spell
1 flawed Persist
1 flawed DMM Persist
3 Mounted Combat

Skills ranked @ 5th
concentration 4
know nobility 2 (cc 4 spent)
know religion 8
ride 4

going forward, I was thinking max out skill concentration, know religion, ride.

Good feat for better mount to take at 6?

Was debating leadership at 9 for a wizzy cohort for items...

Anything else? Anything really terrible to not fall for.

Rebel7284
2016-09-28, 08:22 PM
You need to take mounted combat for prestige paladin as I recall.

Tindragon
2016-09-29, 09:07 AM
You need to take mounted combat for prestige paladin as I recall.

Now that was a bad error. Thanks.

Guess I'm on my own, Prolly be a few months before I get a shot at a players chair anyway.

Our next DM will likely run Pathfinder and allow Gestalt, which, I've never done. Would there be a way to do this as Gestalt to improve it?

WeaselGuy
2016-09-29, 10:27 AM
I mean, you've already got a DMM:P cleric, and now you're adding mounted shenanigans on top of it. I say take ride by attack and spirited charge. Need to know the direction you're taking this character, as well as what books are allowed. Personally, with only 1/2 casting from PrPally, I say go something like Fighter 1/Cleric 4/PrPally 2/Bone Knight 10/something 3. This way you get CL14 by level 17, with the option of taking a full casting PrC for the last 3 levels, giving you 9th level spells. As opposed to Cleric 6/PrPally 14, and having only CL14 at 20.

Now, with regards to gestalt... DMM:P clerics tend to be self buffers, so something with active casting would be fine, such as wizard or archivist. Artificer would probably be cool, and being a craft-bot. Putting an initiator chassis on here, in the form of Crusader would be cool too, but if I recall correctly, there aren't many (if any) mounted maneuvers.

Tindragon
2016-10-03, 08:51 AM
I mean, you've already got a DMM:P cleric, and now you're adding mounted shenanigans on top of it. I say take ride by attack and spirited charge. Need to know the direction you're taking this character, as well as what books are allowed. Personally, with only 1/2 casting from PrPally, I say go something like Fighter 1/Cleric 4/PrPally 2/Bone Knight 10/something 3. This way you get CL14 by level 17, with the option of taking a full casting PrC for the last 3 levels, giving you 9th level spells. As opposed to Cleric 6/PrPally 14, and having only CL14 at 20.

Now, with regards to gestalt... DMM:P clerics tend to be self buffers, so something with active casting would be fine, such as wizard or archivist. Artificer would probably be cool, and being a craft-bot. Putting an initiator chassis on here, in the form of Crusader would be cool too, but if I recall correctly, there aren't many (if any) mounted maneuvers.

Awesome, thanks.

Hard to optimize something like this, and maybe it never will be. I'm just thinking I want something fairly self sufficient, and FUN to rolEplay as a paladin...