PDA

View Full Version : A War of Three Kingdoms (Petrus, Blue)

Acanous
2016-09-28, 04:57 PM
Your province is by far the most populated, with five small towns in addition to the large capitol city. You have a huge base to recruit from.
Your province's final stats stand as follows:

Population 4+1 (Your province is bountiful and lacks natural predators)
Economy 3
Production 1
Warfare 0 (It is heavily forested and has a number of rivers, making it difficult to defend)
Technology 0

You wake to the tolling of the bells, your magnificent temple shining in the centre of the city (is the temple also your stronghold?)
You go for a quick jaunt and make note that your treasurer, guard-captain, and scoutmaster have all left reports on your table.

From the scoutmaster: You are surrounded by allies, the nearest enemy state almost two months away by foot. No enemy spies or forces have been seen in your lands.

The Guard-captain: An order of Paladins has risen, venerating Chryse. They stand at one hundred strong and have pledged themselves to our cause.
(Your standing army has increased to one unit of paladins)

Treasurer: Tithes for this month have come to four thousand, one hundred sixty six gold, and six silver, six copper.

You have no events or festivals on your calendar for this month.

For ease of my bookkeeping, here's your sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=934628)

Bluydee
2016-09-28, 09:49 PM
Petrus pondered inwardly for a moment, before penning a quick message in response to his spymaster and his military.

First, to the spymaster he requests the statuses of his fellow leaders, and of the spread so far of Chryse in the surrounding areas and in his fellow leaders' territories.

Then, to his guard-captain, he requests that they begin to recruit the peasants into a militia. Their training, he decided, was less important as much as how devout they are.

Beyond that, he retreated to his private religious chambers to conduct his daily morning prayers and rituals, sparing a kind greeting to his servants as he passed by.

My temple will be my stronghold, yes, but I still haven't had the chance to finish it yet.
Rolls (check PMs for details)
[roll0] vs 15
[roll1] vs 22

Acanous
2016-09-28, 11:06 PM
Your Guard captain gets right on it, but lets you know that if you want that militia armed, it's going to have a price attached. He'll get to training and recruiting immediately.

Bluydee
2016-09-29, 07:21 AM
As Petrus waits for his report from his spies, he commands his servants to not disturb him, before channeling the powers of Astaroth and using his vast wealth of knowledge to reveal what he seeks to know about his surrounding allies and his religion.

Knowledge (Nobility): [roll0]
Knowledge (History): [roll1]
Knowledge (Religion): [roll2]

Acanous
2016-09-29, 07:44 AM
You know the family names and territories of your allies. That's....it for the current. You are not far from the Free cities, and you know there are two other religions being venerated in the area.
Sunites to the Northeast, and Sharess to the Southeast.
(I'll get the history in the morning)

Bluydee
2016-09-29, 07:37 PM
Petrus felt irritation growing in his mind. Over a hundred years, and yet others still rejected Chryse as their sole savior? That wouldn't do. Quickly, he sent a missive to his spymaster, commanding him to study and monitor simply how far the two religions have spread, and whether or not they have intruded into the cities of the other two pretenders of the continent. If it did, he mused, then he supposed he'd need to have his "allies" aid him in a crusade. After all, he's only looking out for the people. Such talk of non-believers was needless, of course. The most important thing to know is that people still held faith. Another open sermon would be good, if it weren't for his current condition.

He melodramatically sighed, before awaiting response.

Acanous
2016-09-29, 09:28 PM
your spymaster motions you aside for a moment.
"My Lord, I can dispatch a few good men, but it will take months for them to send word back. If we were to open trade routes with other nations, this information could be gleaned easily- at least, within the nation. Outside... where would you like prioritised? Everywhere, or just the closer areas?"

OOC: you don't have Leadership and your forces do not include any rogues or classes skilled in the requisite areas. If you want spies, you're going to have to pay for them.
You're looking at 90 GP per month for a scout (Ranger, Monk or Rogue, trained in Survival, Hide, Move Silently) and 180 for a Spy (Rogue, trained in Forgery, Hide, Move Silently, Disguise, Sleight of hand and Survival- comes with a disguise kit). All agents require two month's pay up front (one for the journey to, one for the journey back.) If you want higher levelled scouts, the cost doubles each level. The maximum level agent you can buy in your city is lv 5. You may purchase the first three without issue, but must make gather information checks and spend a day for each agent beyond the third.

Alternatively, you may raid your own prisons and pardon a criminal in exchange for service- but their loyalty is low, and YOU caught them, so your enemy may do so as well. (I roll on a couple tables, you pick from what's available.)

Bluydee
2016-09-30, 06:16 PM
Petrus thought for a moment, before responding.

"Send them to check on the Sunites in the northeast. And don't bother hiring out the utmost best you can find. I want to learn how far a religion spread, not conduct high state espionage," He turned to return to his study, before pausing. "Deliver a missive to my fellow leaders imploring them to open routes between our provinces. They have the goods, and I have nothing but an eager populace whose wallets are far too fat for my liking. Additionally, notify the treasurer to have our workers begin to clear out the forests in the province, and to refunnel our funds into that exact direction. "

I'll set aside 540 gp for 3 base scouts up front. After all, they're only checking out the cities and towns for their faith. I'll also use my point of production into clearing the forests for materials. Also, I will send a message to the other 5 leaders for opening trade routes between the provinces. I'm sure my Population 5 and Economy 4 should account for a mass of consumers.

Question: What are ways that we can alter our province stats? Like, for example, if I were to completely clear the sheer wooded areas in the province, could that raise my Warfare stat as you noted that it was a hard area to defend and thus is less because of it? Or, say, could I invest money into raising production?

Acanous
2016-09-30, 07:13 PM
"It will be done, my lord." (All 3 to NE, or just one?)
"Also, we've received a missive from two of our allies."
He hands you a scroll

To my valuable ally,

I discovered that our hated neighbours are still unprepared and I desire to strike them before it is too late. The glorious halfling tribes are mustering forces to plunder and conquer. Do you want to share the honour and join us in our daring expedition? I will prepare as long as you answer me, with, or without, your assistance.

Palatine Druid Yahandar

and bearing a seal of Eos, High Elector of the Free City, a formal invitation for you to send an ambassador and open trade routes.

Bluydee
2016-10-01, 08:49 PM
Petrus responded quick.

To Yahandar,

Though my forces are meager, and my mission is peace, I can at the very least provide you with a hundred of my paladins for the sake of a just war, so long as you continue to spread the word of Chryse through your army.

Respectfully,
High Bishop, Petrus Alastair.

Then. having noted Eos's seal, he decided his missive would reach sooner or later without a second response. As such, he spent the next few days awaiting the response of his fellow leaders.

Bluydee
2016-10-03, 06:53 AM
Uh, you sure you meant to post that in this thread?

Acanous
2016-10-03, 07:40 AM
Bloody
I'm not sure how that happened. My bad. Disregard, I'll fix it.

...if I put that here, then someone else might be acting on a reply to your thread. Luckily this was same team

Acanous
2016-10-03, 09:37 PM
Your workers clear a great deal of forest, but there's a TON of it. (+8550 supplies)
Taxation brings in 4100 GP.

Events: The feast of the Golden Savior brings pilgrims to your capitol city from all over the province to venerate and celebrate.
You gain an additional 4651 GP, 8 silver, 17 copper from donations.

Bluydee
2016-10-04, 02:56 PM
Petrus awaited the response to his letters to his fellow leaders.