PDA

View Full Version : House of Heroes IC

thegoldenfedora
2016-09-28, 05:19 PM
The sound of birds chirping wakes you from your restful sleep, it looks to be a good day ahead and you rise to the smell of cooking food. You arise to find Lady Cirthana making breakfast, her cooking filling the rest of the temple with it's pleasant aroma.

It had been a week since your great adventure, Gideon ended up having some extra business that delayed him longer and the town was all too happy to keep their saviors around an extra while. Cirthana put you up within a spare room at the temple, it was small and the weekly sermons were sometimes a little early, but cozy and Cirthana always was pleasant and a joy to be around.

Cokie snores contentedly, sprawled awkwardly in a chair, his accomplishments of the night knocked on the floor around him, a typical morning for the elf wizard.

You wipe the orc blood from your blade, Tez'wir grazes nearby and you gaze at the road that you had ambushed the Orcs from. It was a small band of orcs and they gave almost as good as they got, almost. You were still no closer to finding the orc who slew your mentor, but at least there were four less orcs in the world. You begin to go through their equipment finding nothing out of the usual on the orcs except for their leaders satchel. In his bag is a well made map of the local area, obviously not orc made, a nearby town called Falcon's Hollow is circled on the map. Along with the map are several vials each stamped with a symbol of a laurel leaf. The town is not far, you'd guess a days travel at most.

You are now free to post! Here we go! Jibril have lost 11 health from your excursion.

warper
2016-09-28, 07:58 PM
Jibril stares at the map for long hard moment, thinking about its implications. He lowers the map just as a cool breeze flies by, whistling between the armor plates and drying the sweat on his massive form.

"Tez'Wir." Swift Wind. "It seems there are people to save... more importantly, orcs to kill." He says this last as he rolls up the map and walks over to his horse. He straps it to his saddlebags out of the wind and mounts the horse.

After gaining the height from his horse, Jibril can see all the carnage of his latest battle. Memories of Godric flood his vision and his eyes start to water. Jibril fights back the tears, not wanting to show any weakness, even alone except for the company of Tez'Wir. He sets Tez'Wir into a canter along the road, hoping he's not missing any action. Godric guide me.

OnionKnight
2016-09-28, 09:14 PM
After waking up, Rickon enters the kitchen to see if Lady Cirthana needs some help making breakfast.

ouqturabeauty
2016-09-28, 10:24 PM
Wyz smells the food, but he is more interested in where he left off in the books Cirthana leant him to read. He carries two books to the table, one about the many gods of the world, and another about riding horses. One fascinates him, the other terrifies him.

thegoldenfedora
2016-09-29, 08:52 AM
Rickon descends the stairs and heads to the back of the temple where he finds Lady Cirthana bustling around from place to place and Gideon seated at the table. It seems that breakfast is just about ready as CIrthana begins making plates.

"Mornin there Rickon, I hope this week has been good to you." Gideon says after a sip of his coffee. Cirthana looks over "It has been very nice having them here, Rickon your friend is sniffing at the window." And so he was, Obearon's snout could be seen just poking up past the window. It had been difficult at first to keep the bear here, but eventually Rickon had been able to teach Obearon how to stay out in the woods until morning until Rickon had awoken.

Wyz pours over his book reading about the gods of Golarion, his terror of horses incites him to read further about the gods who would see evil spread across the world. Three jump out as being quite terrifying and Wyz speeds through their information with morbid fascination. There was Asmodeus an archdevil who had become divine, it was he who wrote the contract of creation that was then signed by the rest of the deities, and some believe that within is a loophole he will one day use for his benefit. He is the god of contracts, tyranny and pride. Lamashtu is something else entirely though. Originally a demon who helped trick and kill the god Curchanus, she oversees the things that are ugly in this world; madness monsters nightmares and beast. She is set against everyone and it is said that she passes the time making new hideous creatures. The last is the most peculiar, Norgorber, god of secrets, thievery and assassination. So much of Norgorber is wrapped in mystery that it is hard to know much about him. What is known is that he is one of the few mortals to pass the test of the starstone, a very challenging dungeon that rewards those who can reach the end with divinity. Those who worship Norgorber go from being extremely manipulative to extremely fanatic and it is very difficult to tell which is which, especially since Norgorberian worshipers rarely let others know of their worship.

Jibril heads out to aid the town of Falcon's Hollow. It is a a good day for traveling and he can hear various bits of nature all around him. Birds that are chirping, insects that are playing their songs, at one point even a rabbit races across the road. Tez'wir stops for the animal, and a moment later a fox crosses as well, chasing after the rabbit. Eventually the road becomes much more trodden and shortly Jibril comes across a logging center. There are three buildings to this place, the smallest has two windows and can't hold more than two rooms to it, next to it is a long building that must have two floors and the largest building is slightly farther away from the two. Jibril can see men and women working away shaving and sawing down trees through the large sliding door that is in the front and rear of this building.

Add the trick stay to the list of tricks known for Obearon, now that we are playing a full game I think we are going to use the actual handle animal mechanics. I'll explain it further in the ooc.

warper
2016-09-29, 12:37 PM
Jibril rides up towards the group of people. "Greeting. Have you had word of orcs? There seems to be some in the area preparing for a raid." He lets the information sink in, letting the light shine on his wounds to show that he wasn't some meddling fool.

OnionKnight
2016-09-29, 04:50 PM
Rickon pours himself a cup of coffee. it has been a nice rest, the town has been very friendly, but I fear my friend is becoming a bit restless. I should go see if he's hungry Rickon steps outside with his coffee in hand to check on Obearon

ouqturabeauty
2016-09-29, 09:59 PM
Wyz decides to find out more about these evil gods. Lady Cirthana, do you know anything about Asmodeus, Lamashtu, or Norgorber? What I'm reading troubles me.

thegoldenfedora
2016-09-30, 02:20 PM
Gideon follows Rickon out of the temple and leans against the wall as he checks on Obearon who seems very pleased at the sight of his master.

"We will be finishing up here pretty soon, some of the higher ups have some goods they want sold over in Augustana." He sighs for a moment with something obviously on his mind and after a moment puts words to it. "I know those woods are your home, but I was talking with Cirthana and we think it may well be time for you to see what the rest of the world is like. We'd be going to Orgenten and then headen on to Augustana and those places would sure open your eyes to the world. That an' I could use the extra protection. Course you'd be getting paid and the bear's welcome to come as well, its been nice having the ferocious furball around."

Lady Cirthana puts down here cooking, letting it finally cool, before serving. She takes a seat at the table across from Wyz.

"Yes those are some troubling gods, each seeks power in their own way, Lamashtu by destroying friend and foe alike, any who would stand in her way. Asmodeus with his promises of power that will only turn to ruin. And Norgorber and his mysterious ways, no one really knows about him, not even his own followers I'd imagine. She rises and begins to prepare five plates.

"What astounds me is that they all have their followers, Norgorberian worshipers come in all shapes and sizes, some, like the skinsaw cult are absolute fanatics, while others are politicians who worship him in secret. Lamashtu worshipers come right by it I suppose, the ugly and malformed do seem to find solace in Lamashtu who finds all things ugly beautiful, many orcs believe they were one of her creations. And then Asmodeus has an entire country that worships him, Cheliax to the west is riddled with Asmodean worshipers. It's no wonder that our nation Andoran broke off from them." Guess which nation andoren is :smallbiggrin:

The person stops and does a double take at jibrils question, he turns and quickly runs off to the smallest of the three houses, yelling "Wait one sec Mister," over his shoulder and then yelling ahead, "Pa! Pa!" Moments later a stout older man comes out of the house with the boy following in tow. The boy had obviously informed him of jibrils wound as he carried a pack of first aid with him.

"Well now what've we got here, come take a seat son and you we can getcha patched up." he gestures at a large stump that had been cleanly cut off and was obviously a favorite sitting spot based on the bits of scrap food lying around it. He sets his kit down and starts pulling out bandages and other materials.
"Now what's this you were saying about orcs? Haven't seen none of them round here-". Suddenly the boy begins coughing violently and the man stands quickly and walks him back into the house before returning to tend to Jibril.

"Sorry about that friend, the names Jacob Ortega, that there's me boy Dewey an he ain't doin so well. But yeh were saying those orcs might attack?"

One of the vials that he pulls out has a similar Laurel leaf stamped into it.

OnionKnight
2016-09-30, 10:46 PM
"sounds like it could be fun, there is much of this world that is still very foreign to me, and I would love to see more than the small villages and forests I have visited already" Rickon pets Obearon and hands him a piece of food he had taken from the kitchen. the Forest will be here when I get back. He smiles.

warper
2016-09-30, 11:52 PM
Jibril sighs, not wanting to stay long but knowing that to get the information he wanted he'd need to be patient. He swung himself off his horse to go get looked at. He grabs the map to show Jacob. "Jibril" He offers stoically.

Jibril walks over and starts taking his armor off so that the human can get at the wounds. "I just killed many orcs and among them I found this map. It seems very obvious what is about to happen if I don't stop them." Jibril hands over the map to let Jacob take a look.

He noticed the laurel leaf stamp immediately. "Are you expecting a shipment of those?" Jibril said pointing to the vial. "Cause those orcs had several of those... what are they?"

ouqturabeauty
2016-10-01, 12:29 AM
"In the caves," Wyz shivers like he is shaking off a bad memory, "they worshiped Lamashtu, but I always found ways to avoid the rituals."
Wyz sticks his face right up to his plate.
"This food smells amazing. What kind of meat is that?"

thegoldenfedora
2016-10-01, 02:43 PM
A hard look comes across Jacob's eyes, "This ere is just some ointment from our local herbswoman, Laurel. She stamps all of her medicine with her symbol. But yer saying that them orcs had more of these? Do you have them now?" His hands never stop their work as he begins to wrap bandages around Jibril's wounds. "Gart! see to the man's horse!" he yells over his shoulder.

Lady Cirthana smiles as she sets the plate down, "This is deer, Our hunters sometimes bring their game as a sacrifice to Ionedae, I've tried to tell them that that the Lady of Light does not ask for sacrifices to be made to her, it would just be a senseless kill and wasting good food. That doesn't sit well with them, so they give it to me instead."

"It makes sense that goblins would worship Lamashtu, it makes me sad that we can not be more receiving of those we deem uncivilised or unattractive." She tilts her head to the side and looks out window wistfully, "Maybe you could bring about that change, I've never met a goblin so willing to learn." She breaks herself off from her thought and opens the window to call to Rickon and Gideon, "Breakfast is ready"

Gideon laughs at that "Ha, unless those Lumber Consortium folk get things their way." he stops for moment, a look of concern crosses his face "I'm kidding, those forestry laws are firm and solid, despite how many times the Consortium has tried to get around them. I'm just glad you're going to be joining us. I had a mind to ask that elf friend of yours as well, what do you think?" Before Rickon has a chance to answer though, the window opens and Lady Cirthana calls out "Breakfast is ready."

OnionKnight
2016-10-03, 01:28 AM
Oh food, lets goRickon walks back in to the church, beckoning Gideon and Obearon to follow, as he is walking back in he tries to continue the conversation with Gideon
the elf? I think he would be a useful asset, if it wasnt for him we probably would not have made it back out of the woods with the ingredients for the cure. what about the Goblin?

warper
2016-10-03, 09:24 AM
"I will take care of Tez'Wir." Jibril makes a clicking sound and Tez'Wir comes over to him. Jibril stretchs his long arms up and grabs the pouch where he put the vials and sets it down for Jacob to look at.

"I will care for her after he is done with me."

ouqturabeauty
2016-10-03, 07:02 PM
Wyz hunches over his plate and shovels some food into his mouth. When he sees his companions come back inside he asks Rickon "Do you think we should wake Cokie?"

thegoldenfedora
2016-10-03, 08:36 PM
Jacob lets out a small gasp at the sight of the produced bottles, and it is then that you notice that while Jacob's vials were a brown color, yours had a more bluish hue. A man approaches to take Tez'wir, but Jacob halts him and gives him the bottles. "Take this to m'boy and the others." He turns back to Jibril and does the finishing touches on the bandaging. Jibril flexes and finds the job to be suitably done. "There's been a plague going around these parts, been told it came outta our water, and that Laurel woman managed to figure out a cure to put people on the mend." He stands and offers his hand to Jibril, "We was supposed to be gettin a shipment of the stuff a day or two ago an I was gettin worried fer m'boy. Wasn't expectin the orcs to be carryin it you have me thanks Jibril."

Rickon and Gideon walk down the length of the temple to the kitchen door, Gideon opening the door for Rickon, "Yeah, I'll be asking the little fella as well." Lady Cirthana looks up from watching Wyz's comical eating as the two cross towards the kitchen, with the bear in tow. "Oh no you don't! I remember what happened the last time you brought that bear in here and I'm not going through that again." As if on cue when Wyz asks about their inebriate friend, a light crash is heard at the stairs and sure enough in shuffles Cokie, he quietly stumbles over and sits at the table, propping his head heavily on his elbows. "Aw my friend Rickon... I think it would be best if you did as the good Lady Cirthana asks... otherwise she might summon another banshee... and no one wants that... banshees are terrible things... pretty though."

warper
2016-10-03, 10:14 PM
Jibril nods and takes the hand. "How much were you expecting to pay for these vials?" After a moment Jibril shrugs. "Gotta make a living same as you." He wasn't really all that interested in the money, but the statement was still true.

While Jacob answers Jibril thinks about the orcs. Unless killing those orcs had foiled their plans, that village and possibly this logging community were in real jeopardy. If the orcs were willing to follow through with a direct attack, then either his killing the orcs meant little enough to them or the place was defenseless. In either case it would mean there are lots more of those orcs and Jibril knew he'd need help to fight them all in his wounded condition.

OnionKnight
2016-10-04, 12:17 AM
jokingly "oh come on, I helped clean up the mess, and you bearly notice the smell anymore" Rickon knows he wont be able to let Obearon stay while they eat, he turns to his faithful friend "Sorry brother you need to wait outside a little longer" Whispering " but I will try to sneak you out some delicious meat if you're good"

ouqturabeauty
2016-10-04, 12:28 AM
Wyz shoots a knowing glance at Rickon and then addresses the wizard. "Good morning Cokie. How did you, um, sleep?

thegoldenfedora
2016-10-04, 06:28 PM
Obearon gives the most human shrug that a bear can give, turns around and lumbers out of the temple. Once he has gone, Lady Cirthana begins to set out the rest of the plates and loads them up with the deer meat. Cokie looks up from the table as the food apporaches, his face turning green at the sight.
"I'm wonderful... Wyz, absolutely wonderful... I think i'll be passing on the breakfast this morning Cirthana...". He slowly rises and slowly moves his seat away from the table next to the counter and slowly retakes his seat, head slowly resting on his crossed arms on the counter. Gideon watches the exchange and looks to Rickon as if to say Really? and takes his seat.
"Well then, Wyz, Rickon here has just agreed to be joining me as I continue to travel with my caravan, we'll be heading south to Orgenten where I'd be picking up several more wagons and then headen on to Augustana. Seein as how you were already guardin my caravan I was assumin that you'd still be joining us, but I figgered it would be best to ask anyways." Lady Cirthana smiles at Rickon "I'm glad that you decided to go, I'm excited to hear what sort of adventures you and Obearon will be having out there. You just make sure that you stay careful. The hunters were saying that the woods were eerily quiet, they said they were lucky to bring in the deer that they did."

"Well, the things've just been brewed up this past week, we was going to send someone with the payment back to town soon as we got that remedy. Twas fifty gold fer the lot of them." He measures Jibril one last time before speaking again, "I'll pay you what we was gonna pay them, but I'd like to ask you to go and pay Laurel for us as well, seein as how you seem to be headin that way anyways an if there are orcs on the way I'd rather it not be one of m'boys doin the deliverin." Jacob motions for Jibril to follow and leads the suli into the house he had come out of. It was a plain house with a desk facing the entry, and a door to the back. It smelled wonderfully of freshly cut wood, and Jibril could see a bit of incense on the desk burning away. The rest of the desk was neatly organized, more so than one would expect of a lumber mill. Gart steps out of the back room "Yer boy's already lookin better boss" and steps past the two men to leave. Jacob takes a seat at his desk a sigh escapes his lips at the good news. He opens a drawer and pulls out a stamped heavy letter and passes it to Jibril before opening a separate drawer and pulling out a coin purse. He counts out fifty gold as he continues on "That Lumber Consortium will have my head fer this, but you deserve it, and plague ridden workers ain't no good fer workin."

Onionknight:http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/000/601/C6QJPRHW4QF6KFDP7XJNW24TNDI4YNF2.jpg

ouqturabeauty
2016-10-04, 09:57 PM
Wyz hesitated before answering Gideon's question. He looked at Lady Cirthana, and then at Lady Cirthana's books. "I don't want to leave this place. I've learned so much from you in this short time," he said to Cirthana. "But, if your books taught me anything it is that the greatest adventure is out there, and that is where I need to be. Gideon, I will gladly continue my duty as one of your caravan guards." Then a large smile spread across Wyz's face.

OnionKnight
2016-10-04, 09:59 PM
Rickon rolls his eyes as he watches Cokie trying to recover from his hangover, he looks at Gideon and whispers " trust me hes a lot more useful than he looks"
he then sits down and begins eating. through mouthfulls of food " Im not too worried Lady Cirthana, anthing the road to Orgenthen can throw at us probably wont be as bad as the creatures we faced in the woods gathering the herbs."

warper
2016-10-05, 08:06 AM
Jibril frowns, not liking everything he's hearing. "Keep five gold... for the care and your kindness to do so. If anyone gives you any trouble about paying me just let me know." He says with a wink and a glint in his eye. "I'll set them straight."

Seeing his gold and having informed these people, Jibril decides it's time. "I need to get going, those orcs aren't going to kill themselves!" Jibril says with a smile. He walks back to his armor with barely contained energy in his step and starts donning it.

thegoldenfedora
2016-10-05, 11:37 AM
"Well that's mighty kind of ya," Jacob follows Jibril out and motions for one of the passing workers who goes and fetches Jibril a water skin. "I appreciate what you m you've done, it woulda been nother free days afore we double checked on that medicine, and some a m'boys might notta made it. he waits for Jibril to finish donning his armor and mount Tez'wir.
"Those patches ain't gonna do much cept fer keepin that armor of yours from changing colors, when you get to town ask fer Lady Cirthana and she'll mend you up, you just let her know that Jacob Ortega sent you her way."

Gideon nods at Rickon's assurance and turns to the elf, "How bout it Cokie, fancy a trip to Orgenten? We could use some of your arcane abilities." The elf dolefully looks up at the proposition, dulled surprise in his eyes. "Yes... I suppose I've outlived my welcome... will we be taking the wuulst pass... or the kurst road?" Gideon stops his eating to look quizzically the elf.
"The Wuulst Pass? I've never heard of it."
"Oh... good... it's for the best anyways... much too many rabbits..." he trails off as his head rediscovers his arm pillow. Gideon just looks at him in disbelief, shakes his head and returns to his food.
"Well it looks like we'll be heading out in five days I'd gather."

Lady Cirthana smiles at the statement, "Oh good, you still have some time here. Wyz you just pick out the books that you want and you can borrow them for your trip. Augustana has a very nice library called the Silver Oak that I'm sure you'll love.

warper
2016-10-05, 03:13 PM
Jibril looks down at the man, now even smaller to him from up on his large horse. "I will. Stay safe." And with that Jibril sets Tez'Wir into a canter, merging with the road towards Falcons Hollow.

ouqturabeauty
2016-10-05, 11:31 PM
Wyz smiles. Thank you, Lady Cirthana.
I trust your judgement in which books I should bring. I never know what I might need to know. On the last adventure we could have used a book on cursed cooking pots." Wyz laughs at his own joke, hoping to see Rickon at least crack a smile.

OnionKnight
2016-10-05, 11:34 PM
Rikon smilesThat pot is still out there, good thing it cant get past the edge of the witches yard.Rickon finishes his meal, and looks Cokies meal that is siiting on the table getting cold. no sense in letting good food go to waste... and he reaches over to grab the plate intent on feeding Obearon, who is probably sitting outside feeling dejected.

thegoldenfedora
2016-10-06, 02:49 PM
With his wound bandaged and his mission ahead, Jibril heads north towards Falcon's Hollow. The road is well traveled, showing signs of foot, horse and carriage traffic. The suns beats down through what few clouds there are, the wind makes the leaves rustle pleasantly. The only other sound is that of Tez'wir's steps and the occasional neigh or snort. The road lazily curves to the right and as the self proclaimed knight and his steed round the corner they come to an all too familiar sight on the road. Two bodies lie on their backs on the ground, blood pooling around them. The two had no armor to guard against the serious gashes across their bodies, and the only weapon Jibril could see that they had to defend themselves was an unbloodied dagger in the clutches of one of the humans.

Cirthana nods happily at Wyz's suggestion, "I'll see what I can find that you might like, maybe that old Andoran: a History, ooh and maybe Lord Flynagins Dragon Compendium," she trails off listing various books trying to decide which ones Wyz would get the most use out of. Cokie waves Rickon to take the food "Have at it... I have some... liquid dinner upstairs." Gideon chuckles and stands, his plate finished, "Well I'm off, have some more trip planning and such to do. Thank you for breakfast Cirthana." He nods and leaves the kitchen. Cithana begins collecting the finished plates, "Well what do you three plan on doing today?"

ouqturabeauty
2016-10-06, 10:39 PM
"I need to get some bolts for my new crossbow, and maybe pick up a few other supplies. Do you know if any of the shops in town would have them?"

OnionKnight
2016-10-07, 12:06 AM
Perhaps after I share some food with Obearon I will join you, I need more arrows

warper
2016-10-07, 07:12 PM
Jibril scans around to make sure he's not about to get ambushed. If everything is ok, he rides up to the bodies, gets off of Tez'Wir and searches the two. Jibril checks the marks as well, wanting to know how they died.

Jibril's perception: [roll0]

Heal [roll1]

Tez'Wir's perception: [roll2]

thegoldenfedora
2016-10-09, 10:50 AM
Cokie stands sluggishly, "I suppose... I should put my affairs in order... I think I have a tab... that needs to be settled..." a small light shimmers between his fingers, forming a gold coin "Forsen is not going to be happy." and he gives a slight chuckles as he disappears up the stairs. Cirthana shakes her head "Iomedae protect the fools of this world, and those who are foolish enough to put up with them." She turns away from the stairs back to Rickon and Wyz, "That sounds good you two, you should see Helen, the blacksmith, here in town, you'll find her shop out in the low market just down the street from Laurel's. You two go out and have fun, there will be a service here soon enough.

Jibril looks around from his saddle, only hearing the wind blowing lightly through the trees. The Suli nudges Tez'wir and the horse trots closer to the bodies where Jibril hops off the horse to crouch down next to the bodies. The deceased were both young men with a similar look about them, possibly related to each other. Their blood from the cuts had coagulated over the wounds, and their skin is cool to the touch. He sees no other possible causes of death other than blood loss from the gashes, but now that he is closer, he can see blood streaks lead from a nearby tree further up the road to the daggerless one. Lying next to the tree is a ransacked satchel.

Sorry it took so long to post, http://img.memecdn.com/when-you-try-to-carry-your-team_o_5282959.webp

warper
2016-10-10, 08:22 AM
Jibril nods over to the blood streaks. "See that, girl? Let's follow it." Jibril leads Tez'Wir over to the tree and checks the satchel. Jibril looks around again, hoping for even the smallest sign of his attacker.

Jibril is looking to have Tez'Wir use its scent to track the killers. Not exactly sure how this works or if he has enough to go on.

ouqturabeauty
2016-10-10, 10:47 PM
Wyz headed to the blacksmith's shop. The townsfolk still stared at him, but by now they knew he wasn't a threat, and he didn't worry about what they thought anyway. He was an adventurer now. Coming in to the shop, Wyz had fully intended to just get some more bolts for his new crossbow, but seeing the array of weapons Helen had on display he felt a desire to spend all of his money here. "Hello. Can you point me toward the most impressive weapon you have for one of my stature?" he said to the blacksmith.

OnionKnight
2016-10-10, 10:59 PM
Rickon heads outside with the plate of food and looks for Obearon

thegoldenfedora
2016-10-12, 09:23 AM
Obearon happily greets the incoming food, ignoring Rickon entirely as he engages himself with the meal. Seeing that there wasn't much to do with the preoccupied bear, Rickon runs to catch up with his goblin friend.

The duo find the armory just as Lady Cirthana had pointed. The shop sits along the northern western edge of a circle of shops, an empty stand sitting in the middle. People mill around making the circle to buy from the shops who work primarily in foodstuffs. From the armory comes the decisive ringing of hammer on metal, the cause coming from the woman at an anvil just outside of her shop. Her brown hair pulled back so as not to catch the sweat, her left arm full of muscle. She sets a triangular block on top of her work and hits it with one decisive strike, severing the metal. She grabs the metal with a pair of tongs, returns to her shop and dunks the metal into water. the other bit of metal goes returns to the fire. A reprieve of her work she is finally able to respond to Wyz.

"Don't have much, I make mostly arrows for the hunters, fix up axes for the millers. I did have a gnome come by once and traded me some of his weapons." She walks into the back of the shop and pulls out a mace studded with evil looking spikes. She walks back outside and hands the mace to Wyz before looking to Rickon. "And what are you looking for?"

While sized appropriately, the mace is too heavy to be wielded with weapon finesse feat and would use your strength modifier instead of your dexterity modifier on attack rolls.

The horse turns to look south back the way that you have gone. Tez'wir neighs once and flicks her tail. Jibril continues to scan in hopeful anticipation, but no enemy presents itself except for lack of action.Gonna pretend that you rolled and succeeded the check for sake of moving on, but the actual dc would be pretty low.

warper
2016-10-13, 07:18 AM
Jibril's first thought is that these men were killed by the orcs he'd slaughtered earlier. But that could mean they came from the town... Jibril didn't think they had successfully raided Falcon's Hollow simply because they hadn't had the loot to justify it. Still... Jibril wanted answers soon, he didn't like this at all. If he'd already killed all the orcs then what was he going to do?

"Alright girl, I'm gonna need you to push hard now." He says as he pats her mane. Jibril leads Tez'Wir back to the bodies and lifts them up and piles them behind his saddle, adjusting them to make sure they're secure. He grabs the dagger and wraps it in rags so that it can't bounce around and slides it into a pouch. Jibril decided he was too impatient to find out what was going on. He practically leaps into the saddle and Tez'Wir rushes on toward Falcon's Hollow, kicking up clouds of dirt behind them.

OnionKnight
2016-10-13, 12:05 PM
I just need some arrows, about 30 will do I think.

it seems I did not record how much money I had at the end of the first game. any Ideas?

ouqturabeauty
2016-10-13, 09:42 PM
Wyz tries to lift the mace. He grunts."Oof. I just need to get the hang of it. I'm sure it will work, but, just in case, do you have any crossbow bolts?"

thegoldenfedora
2016-10-14, 08:27 PM
Helen chuckles at Wyz's obvious discomfort, she takes the weapon back and goes back into the shop, calling back "That gnome sold a couple other weapons to me

She comes back with a mace, similar to the last but without the spikes protruding from it. The mace is much better balanced and Wyz can feel better control over the weapon. it is made of steel and the head has four spokes that curve outward and then back in creating four humps. At the center of each hump is another spoke that spirals inwards wrapping around an emerald.

"I'm sure this will suit you better." She lets Wyz play with the weapon as she goes to work on attaching her now cooled arrowhead to a shaft of wood already fletched and ready for assembly. "You're the folks who helped find that cure right? I always wondered what you do after you become a hero, seems hard to top saving a whole town." she finishes her work and moves to several barrels of various arrows and bolts. She counts out a bundle of arrows, adding her recently finished one to the bundle and then pulls out a brace of bolts, bringing the lot to the counter. "That'll be 120 for the lot."
I'm guessing a little on this, but I think you found/earned 400gp in assorted coins and about 380 gold worth of semi precious gems that can be sold

Tez'wir neighs once and takes off. Her metal hooves creating a powerful cadence with increasing tempo as they slam with the extra weight across the ground. The bodies bounce and jibril must keep a hand them to keep them from falling off.The fast pace causes jibrils wound to begin to bleed again, but he pays it no mind.

The sun begins to set to Jibrils left, and he eases up on the pace to give Tez'wir a break. Just as it is getting too dark to continue travel, lights peak through the trees of the road ahead and finally, the odd group of living and dead emerge from the trees. His view finally free of the obstructing trees, Jibril can see that his road travels up to a two mile wide river traveling west to east and blocking the path to the town.

Just across the river is the town he has worked so hard to reach, various candles set up around the buildings that are in still open. On either side of the river are docks with various boats moored along. At the docks near Jibril sits a small house on the with a faintly painted sign reading "ferry" hanging from a post outside the house.

warper
2016-10-17, 03:15 PM
Jibril dismounts Tez'Wir carefully and walks up to the house. With his gauntleted right hand he knocks three times on the door. If no one answers or calls to him in ten seconds, he does so again.

ouqturabeauty
2016-10-17, 09:00 PM
Wyz looked over the mace, focusing on the emeralds. "Did that gnome say anything about the history of this mace? It looks pretty unusual"

Can/Should I make a history check to see if I recognize anything special about this mace?

OnionKnight
2016-10-17, 09:04 PM
Rickon casts detect magic on the mace. with Feigned naive innocence Rickon responds 120 Gold? that seems a bit steep for a mace and a few dozen Arrows? is the mace magical? Oh also, do you have a scythe or perhaps a scythe blade that I could attach to my stick

thegoldenfedora
2016-10-18, 02:58 PM
"I asked him about his journey and why he was unloading these weapons, he didn't say, just wanted to be done with them." The woman turns from Wyz and looks dubiously at Rickon, sensing him looking for a deal, "You're already getting a bargain off of me for that mace there, and if it were magical I'd be charging you ten times that, so you don't need to be casting those spells to check, its just a well made mace." She pauses a moment properly packing everything away."Scythes I do have, farmers sometimes come for new ones or to have me repair their old ones." She points to a shelf with various longer length tools and a few scythes are sitting there. Most are normal run of the mill scythes, but one stands out as looking more wicked than the others. Having a single perfect circle removed from where the blade meets wood. Two metal handles grip the shaft of wood and are neatly wrapped with leather. "And before you ask, that one is 100 gold and I'm not budging on it, that's some of my best work there."

If you check out Detect magic (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/detect-magic) you'll notice that the spell has an S and a V under components. Those stand for Somatic (requires some hand motion) and Verbal (which requires you to say a magical word) You can also find some spells have an M, F or DF. M is a material (requires you to sacrifice something like semi precious gems), F is a focus (an item that you must hold but is not destroyed by casting) and DF is a Divine focus (a holy symbol or something you use to channel your divine power, in the druids case it would be some branch of sacred plant that is assumed to be on the druid at all times)

Regardless your spell reveals nothing from the mace, or any other items within the shop.

You could roll a knowledge history, but I'll save the trouble and say that you don't recognize this mace from any of the history books that you have read.

After a few heavy handed beatings on the door, it opens revealing a small old bespectacled man, standing in his night clothes. "Ehh, what is it? What is it?" Age had obviously shrunk this man, who stood a full head and a half shorter than Jibril, but the suli can still see the distinct lines of muscle on the man's arms.

ouqturabeauty
2016-10-19, 06:52 PM
"Sounds good to me." Wyz pays for the mace and the bolts and starts whistling a happy tune. He turns to Rickon. "Do you want to pick up some food before we head back to the temple?"

OnionKnight
2016-10-19, 10:45 PM
Nice, I will take it Rickon hands over the money, then Looks at Wyz "food? didn't we just eat? we should go find a safe place and practice, I need to work on my Aim."

warper
2016-10-20, 07:07 AM
"I have information that orcs might attack the town very soon. Possibly even tonight." Jibril says matter of factly.

thegoldenfedora
2016-10-21, 06:13 PM
Their purchases made, the pair decide to return to the temple to engage in some practice with their new weapons. Before they leave though, Helen retakes the scythe and hammers two swooping checks onto the blade, her symbol in case any are interested in it.
The two take their leave and head to the space behind the temple. Lady Cirthana runs out from her sermon to stop them from their practice before they could begin, insisting that they go out of town to start loosing arrows. The two agree and find an empty field outside of town with a few hay bales lying around. Since no one was around seemed like good a place as any fire a fitting range. Obearon follows the two out of the town and with a large yawn plops himself on the ground to watch.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ca/f4/2b/caf42b1fd654885b1d295f91cc841cf0.jpg The first person to guess which movie it is from will get a bonus spontaneous spell of the highest level you can cast to be used anytime you see fit.

The old man tilts his head the side "Eh? Orks? Attacking tonight? Why would orcs attack here?"

warper
2016-10-24, 06:23 AM
Jibril looks at the man with annoyance mixed with pitty. "Because they're orcs." he says, as if that answered the question. "I also found this place circled on a map I found on a raider's body." At first Jibril makes a start back to Tez'Wir but she closes the distance for him. Jibril nods to her as he opens his bag and produces the map. Jibril shows the map, not thinking about humans inability to see with less light.

OnionKnight
2016-10-25, 12:04 AM
Rickon approaches the hay bails and carves out a target with three sections on two of them. " alright goblin, the outside is worth 10 the inside is worth 20 the center is worth 50. we each get 6 shots. the one who loses has to buy the arrows on the next adventure. what do you say?" He walks back to a good distance and plants six arrows in the ground.

ouqturabeauty
2016-10-25, 12:07 AM
Wyz loads his crossbow with the new bolts and fires a test shot into the hay bales. The bolt flies into the bales with a swift "pftt". "Oh" Wyz looks disappointed. "They don't explode like those enchanted ones." Wyz listens to Rickon's proposed contest and smiles. "Bring it on, human."

thegoldenfedora
2016-10-27, 01:03 PM
Rickon begins the competition, each attach results in a solid hit. Two of his arrows find the center, three hit the middle ring and one hits the outer ring. After some quick tallying he figures it to find out to 170 points.

Wyz takes up his crossbow, his shots taking longer to fire since each requires mechanical motions to reload. Wyz starts strong with a center hit followed by a shot to the middle ring and then another center shot. The next two are not so exciting and barely hit the outer ring. Wyz steadies himself and fires again scoring another hit to the center: 190 points.

The two continue their practice, Lady Cirthana comes out with some sandwiches for lunch, apologising for her hecticness earlier. She playfully takes a shot while the pair eat, using Wyz's crossbow, the bolt goes far too wide and disappears into the ground some two hundred feet away. She laughs apologetically and after some small conversation leaves.

Eventually after a full day of archery the sky begins to darken. It becomes harder to find the arrows and bolts and it seems a good time to end the practice.

Not only is the man incapable of seeing in the dark, his eyesight was already pretty bad. He takes the map and let's the door open a little further for some light to illuminate the map. Jibril can see a simple bed in the room with a flag hung over the head and an old trunk at the foot. "Are you sure about this? Do you know when they will attack?" the man hobbles into the room and quickly crouches at the trunk, he pulls a key from his neck and unlocks the trunk, pulling an odd device from it that Jibril had only heard rumors of, a fire arm. The man also pulls out a hat with the same symbol as the flag and returns to Jibril.

ouqturabeauty
2016-10-29, 12:26 AM
Wyz picks up his gear and starts walking back to the temple. "You're not bad for a human"., he says to Rickon.

OnionKnight
2016-10-29, 12:41 AM
Rickon gathers up any stray arrows , Smiling "you got lucky on the first shot, Goblin. we will see who wins next time and starts heading back to the temple with Wyz and Obearon

thegoldenfedora
2016-10-30, 05:08 PM
Lady Cirthana welcomes the group back, dinner already set at the table. There were four plates set out, with a side dish for Obearon, but Cokie was no where to be seen. "I haven't seen him since he left this morning to get ready for the trip. He is probably just over at the The Greasy Moon having another drink... I wonder how he pays for all of that."

warper
2016-10-31, 03:08 PM
"I don't know, early today I slaughtered some orcs here." Jibril jabs a fat finger on the map where their skirmish had been. "The orcs had some supplies valuable to customers of Laurel, the herbswoman. It was to help cure a plague some at the logging encampment had." Jibril shrugs as if to say, that's all I got.

OnionKnight
2016-11-03, 12:39 AM
its probably for the best that we don't think about that. either way I hope he hasn't gotten himself in to trouble. I should probably head to the greasy moon to check on him.

Rickon gets up to leave after eating most of his meal.

ouqturabeauty
2016-11-03, 12:52 AM
"I could go for a drink, and an adventure. I'm sure he's gotten into some kind of trouble or another." Wyz finishes his food and follows Rickon out.

thegoldenfedora
2016-11-03, 07:33 PM
Their food finished, the pair depart for the temple. Obearon lazily lifts his head looking for food as they exit, seeing the plate Cirthana had made he bumbles forward to take his meal. After finishing he snorts and follows the duo.

It is not hard at all to see where the bar is, the building was surrounded by onlookers. Those who were intoxicated were nearly falling over with laughter while the sober looked quite upset. One man in particular, the bartender if his smock was to be any indication was furious. As Rickon and Wyz ease their way through the crowd they come to face the crass scene that had everyone in such a commotion.

Bordering the door into the bar was the lower half of a figure, naked and bent over, prostrating it's buttocks to the entire world. The exposed body was hairy and looked a little oily. Tattooed across the buttocks in beautiful calligraphy were the words 'Greasey Moon' and it was obvious that this was not the intended interpretation. The body did not hamper the entrance, but it was obvious that no one wanted to walk underneath the uncovered rear end.

"I'm gonna gut that elf, who saw where that cursed cheapskate pointy eared prick went?!" yells the bartender.
The body is an illusion

The man looks at the map then back at Jibril, he leans out to look at the water gauging how safe it was too traverse at night. "We will take my boat, I don't want to cause some ruckus off a your calling owlbear, and if what you say is true and you already killed some, well that oughta buy us some time. I'll bring you to the mayor an you can tell her your story. What happened to that elixer they had?"

ouqturabeauty
2016-11-06, 03:48 PM
Wyz sees the butt and chuckles to himself. He then goes up to the incensed bartender. "I couldn't help but hear you are having problems with a customer, and by your description it sounds like someone I'm looking for too. Can I ask how much he owes you?" Wyz looked around for any sign of Cokie or anything unusual while he waited for a reply.

OnionKnight
2016-11-06, 08:22 PM
Rickon looks around for any sign of Cokie near the bar, half expecting him to be passed out somewhere near by.

warper
2016-11-07, 06:54 AM
Jibril nods his head. "As you wish. The vials were given to the humans."

thegoldenfedora
2016-11-10, 12:04 AM
The bartender looks around to find who had addressed him, taking longer than normal to realize that he should have looked down.

"If that pointy ears is with you, then yeah, I'll tell you how much he owes me, 200 gold That's right! I don't even know how you run up a tab that high, the most expensive drink I sell is only two gold!" he gestures up at the naked posterior "And this! This is going to ruin me! And no I didn't see where that pointy ear went, otherwise I'd be ripping him limb from limb." Rickon looks around while the two talk, but sees no sign of his drunken companion. As he scans the crowd, one of the drunks who had been laughing non stop, gestures over his shoulder in the direction of the docks

The old man nods and slings his fire arm over his shoulder then grabs the lit lantern hanging outside the door. He locks the door and gestures towards some wooden steps leading to the dock with a ferry moored at it. "I hope you don't mind leavin your horse, aint enough light or preparation to be takin my ferry, and this boat aint big enough for the horse. I've got a stable with my mule just behind the house you can tie her up at."

warper
2016-11-10, 07:25 AM
Jibril sighs. "Very well." He says lightly. Jibril sucks in his breath and releases some in a clicking noise. Tez'Wir follows and they around back to the stables. Jibril leads Tez'Wir to a stall. "You'll have to stay here. Keep him company." He says nodding towards the donkey with a wink. "Stay. No fighting, no breaking things... you know, don't get into trouble." Jibril rubs her neck and unties the saddle bags. He takes the weight off her back and pours out a bit of feed and gives her some water. Tez'Wir drains one of his waterskins. "Good day of riding eh? Get some rest Swift Wind." He says with a smile. Jibril pops the cap back on and carries the bags to the man's house, sliding them inside the door. He walks back to the old man. "Let's go."

OnionKnight
2016-11-11, 02:46 AM
Rickon leaves the crowd following the drunks gesture and heads to the docks. with Obearon in tow

ouqturabeauty
2016-11-11, 02:51 AM
"Oh no, he's not with me. He owes me money too. Lots of money." Wyz sees Rickon leaving and turns quickly back to the bartender. "But I do know something about that 'thing' above your door. It's an illusion. I'm not an expert, but I think it should fade in a couple of hours. I wish I could be more help, but I'll probably have to head back empty handed."

thegoldenfedora
2016-11-14, 07:51 PM
After Jibril says his good byes to Tez'wir, the old man leads leads him down some wooden steps towards the ferry. When the stairs level out, the old man steps off of the wooden planks and onto some rocks. He steps from rock to rock further down to the water traveling around one large rock where a boat house is hidden from both the river view and from the land. He unlocks the door to the boat house with another key from his key ring and opens the door revealing a beautiful rowing boat with 'ai hin' written on the side. He unmoors the boat and pushes it out. His hands work with tireless precision and soon he is ready to depart. The boat dips heavily under Jibril's weight, but the man shows no sign of concern.

The trip is quiet, interrupted only by the sound of the man's oars dipping into the water and shoving pulling the boat across the river. The man's arms bulge with strength despite his age and the boat travels quickly. After a little while, the boat comes up to a dock on the other side of the river. Standing on the dock scanning around the area, is a human, a bear and a goblin.

The man shakes his head looking up at his new entryway, "Well that's just great," he sighs as he looks around at the crowd trying to salvage the situation. "Alright everyone, first one brave enough to walk under that thing drinks free the rest of the night." and with that several of the more inebriated onlookers dart for the entryway. There bravado fades as they get close, but finally one steps forward to the cheers of the others. Plugging his nose, he runs forward through the door and into the bar. A moment later he is seen again at a window, a beer in each hand. The crowd laughs and tentatively goes inside.

Wyz and Rickon head to the docks, they look around trying to find the elf, but find no sight of him. The only sound is a row boat coming to dock, the boat is pulled up by an old man and sitting across from him is a huge, stern looking man wearing heavy looking armor.

Sorry for taking long, I just finished up work and got home. I'll be heading to Texas Friday so posting might get a little weird then too.

ouqturabeauty
2016-11-20, 04:20 PM
Wyz wanders around the docks looking for Cokie. "Cokie. Come out of hiding. We have some beer for you," Wyz lied.

OnionKnight
2016-11-21, 12:58 AM
Rickon looks around the docks, but with no sign of Cokie he quickly gives up " eh he will show up later I am sure"

He turns to look at the boat, addressing the two travelers " hi, its a bit late to be floating in to these parts, what brings you out here?"

warper
2016-11-21, 09:16 AM
Jibril stands straight at attention the whole boat ride, his muscles straining with the effort to balance him constantly, but straight he stood. He wanted a good impression if anyone happened to be at the docks at this hour. When he sees the strange company on the docks he questions his own sanity. A goblin? Just wandering around in town? At the moment he could ignore the creature, it was howling some nonsense anyway.

So he turned his attention to the human with a bear following him around. Jibril was impressed by the bear, he had no idea how one would train one. Jibril imagined himself wrestling with one to assert dominance, but he had a hard time imagining the man across from him emerging victorious. A wolf was one thing, a bear was different. When the man spoke, Jibril stayed stony faced. "Not too late for orcs. There are hints that they may strike at any moment. I am simply delivering a warning, a blade, and payment." Jibril steps off the boat and onto the docks and walks to stand in front of the man. With pride he introduces himself: "I am Jibril, Knight of the Claymore... And you are?"

OnionKnight
2016-11-21, 02:24 PM
"I am Rickon" He points to the Bear "this is Obearon and the goblin is Wyz. whats this about an orcs attacking?"

warper
2016-11-29, 09:59 AM
"Orcs may attack. I found a map indicating they would, yet I don't know when." Jibril waits for his guide, not knowing where to go. While the man secures the boat, he looks Ricken up and down. "Ricken, what are you that you own a bear? I find it interesting."

OnionKnight
2016-12-01, 05:16 AM
Rickon seems genuinely confused by the last question. " own? how do you own another living being? Obearon is my brother and friend, we grew up together, his mother raised me. but that's not important right now. you said they "may" attack but you are unsure when, that still gives us an advantage! we should probably hold of on warning the whole village as it might cause some panic, but we should go speak to lady Cirthana, and come up with a plan to ready the village for a potential attack." Rickon starts walking away from the dock, then pauses. " wyz Leave cokehead to whatever corner he decided to fall asleep in, he will be fine"

ouqturabeauty
2016-12-01, 05:30 AM
Wyz returns to Rickon's side, keeping an eye on the tall stranger, and keeping Obearon between them. "Hi, I'm Wyz." He says to the stranger, then turns to Rickon. "I guess we should call it a night and hope Lady Cirthana's breakfast brings Cokie back"

thegoldenfedora
2016-12-01, 07:49 PM
A barrel sitting on the dock hiccups.

warper
2016-12-09, 09:31 AM
Jibril glares at the barrel, thinking that this was probably their cokie. "Good to meet you Ricken." Jibril says while pointedly ignoring the goblin. He turns to the ferry man, waiting.

ouqturabeauty
2016-12-09, 02:39 PM
Wyz notices the slight, but shrugs it off. He walks over and looks in the barrel.