PDA

View Full Version : A War of Three Kingdoms (Ouroboros league)

Acanous
2016-09-28, 07:12 PM
I cannot find your province stats. I have allotted them for you. You may change this in your first reply, spoilered "Province". If this is my fault, I'll allow a reroll on your original stats, and change them accordingly. Also, pick the bonus your leader grants.
Population: 2
Economy: 3 (as a seafaring province, you have ease of trade.)
Production: 1 (You lack commercial resources of your own.)
Warfare: 1
Technology: 1

You wake in your room, and check your mail. You have three new letters. One from the Scoutmaster, one from your guard-captain, and one from your treasurer.

From the scoutmaster: "No activity to report from the enemy. We remain on the northern beaches of the country, with enemy states to the East. Allies surround us otherwise."

From the Guard-Captain: "Our army stands as one unit of Sorcerers, a hundred strong. Despite being a power rarely seen en mass in warfare, they are untested. I would not advise sending them against an enemy. Further, on the issue of refugees; it strikes me that we could press-gang these people, taking their families as hostage, and increase our military substantially. (Possible Warfare +1) at the risk of public unrest and outcry."

From the treasurer: We have received the monthly tithe, of one thousand two hundred thirty three gold, three silver and three copper. We expect the Merchant's guild to contribute their quarterly taxes in two month's time. Further, a wave of refugees has arrived from the East. We can expect an increase in public unrest, but our population has increased. (Population +1 permanently, if you don't take it in Warfare) This is expected to increase revenue by roughly 800 gold per month."

You mull over the letters while eating breakfast.
For my bookkeeping, here's your sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=940382)

Population: 2 (You have a bounty of natural resources)
Economy: 1
Production: 1
Warfare: 1 (Thick forests and rivers make it difficult to defend.)
Technology: 3+1

Abrogail wakes to the thumping on her door that signals a messenger. She collects the mail, finding four letters.

From your scoutmaster: "We border three enemy states, and three friendly states. I have detected no troop movement, and no enemy scouts have been detected in our lands. We are one of the most precarious provinces in the league, and it may behoove us to request military aid in the near future."

From your guard-captain: "We have a small standing army, and a sparse local police force. Troop count is 100, led by Sorcerers. We should focus on building and training our forces, as the neighbours to our East will be eyeing our lush vineyards."

From your treasurer: "I have collected the monthly taxes, and we have 1,500 gold in revenue. The merchant's guild is expected to make a quarterly tax payment in two month's time."

Finally, from Fizzit Rabblerab, Gnome warden of the Adventurer's guild; "We have discovered a necropolis below the city. It contains undead. We have yet to plumb it properly, but it's likely if you let it sit, there will be problems. Could you offer up a reward for clearing it? I'm sure there's something of value down there we could give back in return..."

for bookkeeping, here's your sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13BsZXNM-RxP7TsqG4WIEfVl8UpoM6cMBJTJre6zkyoI/edit#gid=710829571)

While the surfacers sleep, we find Gunnar Kvaldison already in conference with several guildmasters.
(I cannot find your province stats. I have allotted them for you. You may change this in your first reply, spoilered "Province". If this is my fault, I'll allow a reroll on your original stats, and change them accordingly. Also, pick the bonus your leader grants.)
Population: 1 (You have limited room to grow, and food is sparse.)
Economy: 2
Production: 3 (your people are industrious and hardy, and work dilligently.)

Galniana Vusp stands to report yields and tithes from the farmers. "We expect a satisfactory year. We will be able to feed ourselves, but won't have much to offer in trade or aid should one of our allies suffer a drought. Their fault for farming aboveground, really. The farmers offer 1500 gold in tithes for this month, to strengthen the province and help our people." She bows to you before taking her seat.

Gorbas Redthane is next. "Our mining efforts are going slowly, though we can expect once we've finished the new southern mine we will see a surge of revenue. We'll pay our share, of course. I estimate that'll be in two months time." He sits, without leave, signalling he's quite finished and still unhappy with the situation.

Zanhik Crest stands, bows, and begins. "Our standing army is in dire straits since the losses we took with our previous Underlord. If we had to mobilize now, we'd only be able to field a hundred troops. Most of those are Druids. I'd like to begin recruiting and training new units immediately."

Wildon Thab is next. "With our reduced trade, the artisans are only able to contribute 200 gold to the coffers this month. Should you reopen routes to our allies, we may see an immediate increase. That is all, my lord."

Dorakretalin Brickmane reports. "We have seen no enemy activity in our lands. Our people are reasonably happy and very efficient. We're far enough away and underground, so I doubt we have anything to worry about."

Ullan Shor wraps things up. "The Arcanists have produced a new potion of Blur, available to purchase in case you need. Aside from that, the semester has just begun, and we're looking to train new students."

for bookkeeping, here's a link to your sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=937064)

you wake up, taking a quick look out the window, seeing no fires on the horizon that would indicate nearby enemies, you begin the day's work.
Population 2 (the desert is harsh and uncaring to your people)
Economy 2
Production 1
Warfare 3 (your war-forged people know the value of a good sword)
Technology 0+1

You have two reports waiting, one from a soldier and the second from a priest.
Soldier: "My lord, our standing army is beginning to build back up, but we're nowhere near the armies of yore. We have three units, a hundred men each. One of Druids, one of Monks, and one of Rangers. All are suited to survive in our province, and could likely strike East if we had need, but we do not have the numbers we need to successfully conquer. Our scouts have reported no activity within our territory, and no troop buildup on the East. We have allies to the north, and unclaimed territory to the South."

Priest: "Our tithes have come in, and we have 1,200 gold in donations from the populace. We expect to see more in the coming months, but if you'd like to see drastic change, we need to divert a river from the northern mountain range. Further, we have discovered a ruin to the South, and believe it may contain a wondrous item. We'll need to investigate to make sure."

for bookkeeping, here's a link to your sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=948975)

I cannot find your province stats. I have allotted them for you. You may change this in your first reply, spoilered "Province". If this is my fault, I'll allow a reroll on your original stats, and change them accordingly. Also, pick the two +1 bonuses your leader grants.
Population: 1
Production: 0 (You lack commercial resources of your own.)
Warfare: 2
Technology: 2+1

You wake up in your room on your ship. Two of your homunculi wait dilligently with letters, informing you of affairs on the island.

On Economy, taxation, and politics:
You are completely alone, with leagues of water surrounding you. To the East and South-East are enemy provinces, with allied provinces to the West and Southwest. You receive 1500 GP in taxation this month, with a large influx projected when the merchant's guild has to pay their quarterly dues.

On War, adventures, and matters of security:
You've lost some merchant vessels to a nearby Dragon Turtle. The beast is projected to be a problem. Replacing the vessels will cost thousands of gold. (2000) but if not dealt with, the dragon turtle will continue to be a pest.
You have a standing army, comprised mostly of Fighters. They are 100 strong, and seaworthy.
You also have a unit of 100 Wizards.

for my records, here's a link to your sheet ( http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=939492)

I cannot find your province stats. I have allotted them for you. You may change this in your first reply, spoilered "Province". If this is my fault, I'll allow a reroll on your original stats, and change them accordingly. Also, pick the +1 bonus your leader grants.
Province stats:
Population: 1 (as a mountainous province, your territory is unkind to settlements)
Production: 3 (you have easy access to material, and can build up or down with little trouble.)

Paranomasia wakes with the rising sun, and can see out her window the long, rolling ocean. The mountains you're situated on give the sensation of grandeur, being above the cares of the world. Helps for city planning, too.

You take a look at the map on your table, and find that there are allies all around you. Enemies are far removed, and you've got the entire Western seaboard to yourself.
Sadly, you hear a crier calling that a local priest has gone missing. You're going to have issues with some scrolls and potions until he's found.

Your treasury reports 833 gold income this month, and you're projected to see the same next month. In two months, you'll get more as the Merchant's guild will pay their quarterly taxes.

You have a standing army, 100 strong. Mostly Sorcerers. They are untested and not in great enough numbers to really assault anyone.

For my records, please add a link to your sheet in a spoiler for me in the first post.

crowe
2016-09-28, 10:14 PM
I cannot find your province stats. I have allotted them for you. You may change this in your first reply, spoilered "Province". If this is my fault, I'll allow a reroll on your original stats, and change them accordingly. Also, pick the bonus your leader grants.

You wake in your room, and check your mail. You have three new letters. One from the Scoutmaster, one from your guard-captain, and one from your treasurer.

From the scoutmaster: "No activity to report from the enemy. We remain on the northern beaches of the country, with enemy states to the East. Allies surround us otherwise."

From the Guard-Captain: "Our army stands as one unit of Sorcerers, a hundred strong. Despite being a power rarely seen en mass in warfare, they are untested. I would not advise sending them against an enemy. Further, on the issue of refugees; it strikes me that we could press-gang these people, taking their families as hostage, and increase our military substantially. (Possible Warfare +1) at the risk of public unrest and outcry."

From the treasurer: We have received the monthly tithe, of one thousand two hundred thirty three gold, three silver and three copper. We expect the Merchant's guild to contribute their quarterly taxes in two month's time. Further, a wave of refugees has arrived from the East. We can expect an increase in public unrest, but our population has increased. (Population +1 permanently, if you don't take it in Warfare) This is expected to increase revenue by roughly 800 gold per month."

You mull over the letters while eating breakfast.
For my bookkeeping, here's your sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=940382)

Crowe eats a simple breakfast of porridge, honey, and berries.

Paquin, my noble scribe, take these missives...

I can agree with these stats. Crowe the Speaker will provide a +1 to Warfare as his spells aid in defense and his presence inspires the troops.

I hear your concerns Captain Pech, and your troubles are my own. Sadly, it is not the way of our people to conscript people refugees or not. We will take these refugees in. If you can find suitable volunteers amongst them, I will find money to pay them. Surely there are many fit and able men amongst them that are eager to earn an honest wage and defend the land that they have fled to. Be wary though, some may be TOO eager, and we must remain vigilant against infiltration by enemies and spies. In addition, please let me know what may be done to further train our sorcerer cadre to ensure your confidence in their abilities.

Keeper Sindarin, thank you for your exact and prompt accounting of the nation's bounty. We must of course take these refugees in. Idle hands are the plaything of the Dark One. Captain Pech has requested manpower, and let it be known that paying jobs are available to fit and able men in the defense of the nation. For those that are not of a war-like mien, see if we can place them in the fishing, farming and logging industries, (obviously in apprentice positions of low wage where applicable) and failing that, we will offer simple bounties to those that go into the wilds and gather the herbs and medicines we sell. These are trying times, and tempers, resources, and patience's will be tested. Please let me know what will be required to house these people in simple dignity in clean and hygienic conditions. We must encourage these seeds to grow, and at the same time keep our garden in order so that The People will accept these newcomers.

Scoutmaster Kith, thank you for your report. You are the eyes and ears of the realm, and our first line of defense. Identify which roads lead from the East, and which trouble you the most. These shall get prompt attention so that intrusion shall be readily alarmed, and advancement will be readily delayed. Also, see what you can do to recruit some Outrider Skirmishers to be our eyes and ears.

So to be clear, I am taking the +1 Population

Acanous
2016-09-28, 11:10 PM
From Morrigan Pech, Guard Captain:
"I'll do what I can. We aren't very well staffed at the moment, but I pray that swift attention applied directly will be just as effective as a larger force."

From Criden Kith:
The West is more of an issue than the east. We can narrow some paths and put up a few towers, should the funds be available. We have the people to do the job. Further, we've spotted a ship setting out North from the lands to the East.

thethird
2016-09-29, 04:58 AM
I sent the stats with my last pm.

As Hanala focuses on the notes she yells orders.

"Alesia, full speed."

"Where?"

"Mh... leave port and wait for directions."

(activates lore of the gods + 10 to all knowledge (until discharged), activates guidance of the avatar +20 to a skill check)

know (arcana) take 10 + 17: Where do dragon turtles like to nest?
know (geography) take 10 + 37: Where would I nest if I were a dragon turtle attacking my ships?
know (history)[/B] take 10 + 16 (blow lore of the gods to make check count as trained) Where had dragon turtles nested in the past?

With the result of this set a course to get there at full speed (everfull sails + the ship's speed).

On the way write a letter (craft (caligraphy) take 10 + 10) that animates per stamp of the messenger and flies to the merchant guild.

Your fees are waved this month as long as they are spent in rebuilding the damage from the dragon turtle attack. The Flotsam shipyard is at your disposition. I am sailing to deal with the dragon turtle.

During the travel Alesia uses motivate wisdom (+4 to prof. sailor basically).

Spells stored in rings during travel
Eagle's splendor
That Art Thou
Guidance of the avatar
Guidance of the avatar
Adoration of the frightful
Wieldskill

Detect ship (cast)
Skill enhancement [intimidate] (cast on Alesia's hat)
Skill enhancement [diplomacy] (cast on Alesia's shirt).

The Widow's Drowry will ignore any ship not in immediate proximity to where they suspect the dragon turtle to be.

If the Widow's Drowry is within spotting distance of ship really close to where it suspects the turtle to be (it pinpoints earlier on detect ship) Alesia switches to motivate charisma. If that happens Hanala activates that art thou upon herself to spot the enemy ship. She also casts Eagle's splendor on Alesia and starts flying the colors. If/when the intimidate happens Hanala activates guidance of the avatar on Alesia (for a +20, and a total roll of take 10 + 49, which frightens any ship captain nearby that recognizes the colors).

Acanous
2016-09-29, 06:48 AM
You detect a ship in immediate proximity to the turtle. Know: Nobility and Royalty to recognise the colours.
The Dragon Turtle appears engaged with the ship. There is also a force on the nearby shore. It looks about fifty strong. The shore is yours. The force is not. You have switched to Motivate Charisma. The ship's captain of the other vessel is most assuredly frightened if he wasn't already.
You may choose your range to begin engagement if you target the ship. The forces on land have spotted you (you're not hiding).

thethird
2016-09-29, 07:04 AM
You detect a ship in immediate proximity to the turtle. Know: Nobility and Royalty to recognise the colours.
The Dragon Turtle appears engaged with the ship. There is also a force on the nearby shore. It looks about fifty strong. The shore is yours. The force is not. You have switched to Motivate Charisma. The ship's captain of the other vessel is most assuredly frightened if he wasn't already.
You may choose your range to begin engagement if you target the ship. The forces on land have spotted you (you're not hiding).

Hanala stands on the ships castle, atop her office with the ballista at the ready, while Alisa stands at her side. Both are garbed in combat gear.

"Give them some room to run away. We are to approach the turtle." (if the captain is frightened he is forced to flee as fast as possible from the Widow's Drowry)

know nobility take 10 + 7.

Then as the ship approaches the turtle Alesia projects her voice.

"This is Hanala Starbound. Captain of the Widow's Drowry. She salutes you mighty creature, from a sea hunter to another. She would like to reach friendly terms so we are not forced to prey on one another."

diplomacy (standard action) take 10 + 20 + 20 (Hanala is using the last guidance of the avatar on this), to befriend the dragon turtle. In the name of Hanala (silver tongue allows one to change attitude in other's stead.

Acanous
2016-09-29, 07:37 AM
Full round action diplomacy carries a -10 penalty, which is still a 40 and enough to take it to friendly.
Give me initiative just in case the guys on the beach go aggro.

The dragon turtle turns from the (now fleeing) ship and regards you. "What an eventful day. Perhaps I should attack vessels more often."

thethird
2016-09-29, 08:26 AM
OoC: Binding Naberius allows diplomacy checks at standard without penalty (or bluff for that matter). If the captain from the other ship is intimidated it attempts to flee (as best as he can; scourge of the seas feat from Alesia and also takes a -2 to most checks). Hanala is rolling initiative for the whole ship [roll0] (Alesia's senses aura provides a +1) If I can/need to decide what distance they are from the ground, I don't know 2000 feet? The Dragon's turtle is in my waters, is it's den in my island?

"As long as they aren't my ships feel free." Hanala answers in draconic. "You know my name, what is yours?"

crowe
2016-09-29, 11:43 AM
From Criden Kith:
We've spotted a ship setting out North from the lands to the East.

Members of the League: My scouts have informed me that a ship is sailing North from the Lands to the East

neriractor
2016-09-29, 12:24 PM
Wenzel turns to meet his advicers, he waves for them to wait as he finishes a small breakfast consisting of exotic meat and small cooked seeds.

he lets the soldier in for a start, calmly asking him to sit and hearing the report, after pondering a few moments he checks a few books lying around on military strategy and talks back "we need some more soldiers if we are to make a move, start a new recruitment push, amongst our own 10 years of mandatory military service at their 100 birthday seems fair, we would have to discuss with some of the shorter lived to see what they think of it... and send scouts to the east and south while you are at it"

later, when the soldier leaves, a servant is sent to look for the priest, when arriving a traditional salute is performed, and they sit down, after Wenzel pesters the priest with some minor chit-chat to evaluate him they move into the important parts "a fair amount of donationns, I believe, get the river redirected then, I always said we were too short on water, glad we agree."

He dismisses the priest and calls in his brother Darius, administrator who enters rushing after about ten minutes to a fully dressed king "you are bit late Darius" with a grin on his tired face Darius replies "you were always too early" Wenzel smirks sarcastically giving Darius an angry look that takes the grin off his face and smiling himself "fetch me two camels, traveller equipment, a map to the recently found ruins and a guide willing to brave the ruins with me, if is a conscript from the army all the better if not just pick somebody that seems trustworthy."

before leaving to attend some other business trough the castle he turns around "you are in charge while I´m out, meet me tomorrow at first hour with the supplies, and tell my daughter we are leaving for the ruins tomorrow"

without questioning it Darius walks away to find what he was asked and to attend to his regular duties.

After a busy day and a goodnight´s sleep Wenzel staring his morning routine and prepared to meet whoever was coming with them for the trip to come.

I´m preparing my spells for the next day on the sheet.

The Glyphstone
2016-09-29, 12:46 PM
Population: 1 (You have limited room to grow, and food is sparse.)
Production: 3 (your people are industrious and hardy, and work dilligently.)
Warfare: 1 (+1, Gunnar retains the martial traditions of his family)

To Vusp: "Look to seeding new caverns for additional crop output, to ensure we have a safety margin should anything unfortunate occur, and to provide for our increased military strength.

To Redthane: "Take the time you need to ensure the new mines are productive and safe. Ores and minerals will be our lifeblood as they have always been. Tapped-out tunnels can be turned into additional living space."

To Crest: "We must be capable of standing alone, and a strong military will be our first line of defense. Rebuilding our strength of arms will be the first priority right now. "

To Thab: "If our surface-dwelling neighbors wish to partake of our goods, they must have something of value to offer us in return. In the meantime, see that the forges are devoted to supporting the Soldiers' supply needs as they expand - any leftover output devote as you see fit, but I suggest finding new internal markets among our own people."

To Brickmane: "Keep watch for spies or suborned citizens, but for now focus your attentions on civil matters. With reduced contact to the surface, we will be dealing more with the outlying satellite towns, and traffic must flow smoothly. I'd be interested if any reports of ankheg activity come in, though - there will be a significant premium placed on successful collection of ankheg eggs for domestication."

To Shor: "Keep an eye out for martially inclined students, and be prepared to cultivate their talent. Any research efforts should go towards bolstering the productivity of the farm caves."

I'm going to devote banked funds to raising my Population and Warfare stats from 1 to 2, which should cost me 5000 each if the previous given numbers hold. Looking to recruit gnome skirmishers with crossbows and dwarven heavy infantry as the core of my troops. Scouts looking for some ankheg eggs that I can eventually turn into badass ankheg-riding cavalry.

Acanous
2016-09-29, 02:47 PM
Your orders given, the council breaks to see to their duties. (You'll have your troops on Monday, you're devoting production to equipment, anything you want done with research?)
Secure that you're probably the safest people in Osse, and with no nonsense people who don't bicker needlessly, you have time for affairs of state with the league.

it's den is in your area for sure. Small cove on the southeast point.
This is assuredly the time of ****ty init rolls.
"Asahad, the Lord of the deep. What is it you hunt?"

your preparations go smoothly, and by early morning on the next day, you have Anzil the Druid and Harkan the ranger packed and ready to accompany you. (Lv 1 NPCs with standard kit). Anzil is certain he can find the ruin, though the trek may take a week or more.
[roll0]

thethird
2016-09-29, 05:29 PM
it's den is in your area for sure. Small cove on the southeast point.
This is assuredly the time of ****ty init rolls.
"Asahad, the Lord of the deep. What is it you hunt?"

Hanala raises the hat from her head, and makes a curly reverence to the Dragon Turtle. Her hair is unkempt, braided into dreadlocks that end in misbegotten trinkets but her eyes shine with juvenile glee.

"I hunt those that enter my den uninvited. I also chase after those that strike against the people under my care. My shipyards are up the estuary, deeper into the island. If your sanctuary is in this waters we both can benefit from mutual protection. And enjoy some hunts against those that don't wave the tail eating serpent flag."

She pats the ballista at her side and smiles wolfishly.

"Now my lord. I've given my quarry enough of a head start. Would you mind if we continue this conversation at a later point? Perhaps in a week time at this site so we can settle an arrangement for our mutual benefit."

OoC: I just realized I didn't actually include ballista bolts in the cost for the widow's drowry. Can I edit those into being? Alesia has gold enough left unspent. If that's a no go then it's fine, perhaps Hanala forgot to resupply when she heard the news of a dragon turtle. (Which by the way I was scared ****less OoC, I was like if my ship capsizes I'm screwed)

neriractor
2016-09-29, 06:44 PM
Wenzel meets his subjects and takes any praise humbly, letting the druid guide them, and riding along on a camel, with the extra camel camel carrying the equipment andSura flanking with her ashworm.

I would like most new recruits to become light cavalry(horses or camels), heavy cavalry(ashworms), mixed infantry (ranged and melee weapons, light armor or medium armor) and disruption units (scouts, rangers, spellcasters, etc)

but I´ll take anything :D

Members of the League: My scouts have informed me that a ship is sailing North from the Lands to the East

Wenzel sighs, a sunny background behind him as he answers "if it came from the north is probably nothing more that a trader ship from the first amongst equals"

The Glyphstone
2016-09-29, 07:31 PM
I assumed my Research was being dedicated to the aforementioned Province stat improvements (+1 to Population and +1 to Warfare, in that order if I can't work on both simultaneously.

Gunnar's mirror hangs on the wall in his study, where he handles private matters of state. "Possibly, but in case it isn't, why not just ask him? He does have a scribe watching his mirror for when he's away, does he not?"

Acanous
2016-09-29, 08:54 PM
Things you pay gold for aren't taking up research or production slots. So you've still got your research for the week.
I've already made a guy in team black pay for not buying ammo, so I should really be consistent about it. buy ammo so you can sink the ship next time :p You've got cannons though, right? Did you buy cannonballs? At any rate, the enemy ship is forced to flee, so you'll get some XP for all this.
Speaking of.
The enemy ship continues moving away at top speed. You see an image of a white flag appear above the beached forces. (Spellcraft DC 10 to figure out what spell it is, if you care :p)
The sragon turtle nods. "I won't stop you, but I'm quite comfortable here."
Your compatriots were selected well for this excursion, and after a brief, two day journey, they bring you to the cite of this ruin.
A once-marvellous looking fountain now lies cracked and dry before the entrance to a grand tower, hidden by high dunes. You feel a dry sweat clinging to your body from the blown sand and constant heat. The tower may provide some reprieve. The absence of local animals, like shade lizards, sand vipers or scorpions gives your druid friend pause. "Tread carefully. This ruin may be trapped."

There is a stone archway leading into the tower, and you can see a small room, dimly lit by natural light. There are stairs that curl both up and down. The tower has a diameter of about 60 feet inside. The tower has no door. The ruined fountain outside has a diameter of about 35 feet.

The Glyphstone
2016-09-29, 09:36 PM
Can I research for additional Technology, then?

thethird
2016-09-30, 12:59 AM
Wenzel sighs, a sunny background behind him as he answers "if it came from the north is probably nothing more that a trader ship from the first amongst equals"

Gunnar's mirror hangs on the wall in his study, where he handles private matters of state. "Possibly, but in case it isn't, why not just ask him? He does have a scribe watching his mirror for when he's away, does he not?"

A tiny creature, like a minute elven figurine made from white porcelain, nods from beyond the crystal. It is holding what appears to be a scrapbook and a black chalk. It scribbles something and turns it around so Wenzel and Gunnar can see.

Not our ship. Made it flee. Boss is dealing with upstarts.

OoC: Hanala Starbound, first among equals, and captain of the Widow's Drowry is a woman. And a pirate. And an elf. I wanted to make someone not conventional when it comes to leading.

I've already made a guy in team black pay for not buying ammo, so I should really be consistent about it. buy ammo so you can sink the ship next time :p You've got cannons though, right? Did you buy cannonballs? At any rate, the enemy ship is forced to flee, so you'll get some XP for all this.
Speaking of.
The enemy ship continues moving away at top speed. You see an image of a white flag appear above the beached forces. (Spellcraft DC 10 to figure out what spell it is, if you care :p)
The sragon turtle nods. "I won't stop you, but I'm quite comfortable here."

I ended not buying cannons (yet) they are very expensive and have an atrocious rate of fire. The ballista though is enhanced with a couple of spells (traps) to give it a terrific range. I can always chase after the ship and ram it if need be. But I rather not leave those in the beach unattended if there is an spellcaster there. Btw, what's the spell? A DC 10 is done with closed eyes.

"It appears that they surrender. Well then, I'll give them quarter. You are free to stay here and you have my word that as long as you don't attack my ships or my people you won't have to fear reprisal or rebuke for me. If something comes up in the future you can also count in me hearing out, and helping if possible. Likewise I'll come to you if something big threatens our waters. Safe and profitable hunting lord Asahad, may the wind always find your sails."

Turning to Alesia and the rest of the crew.

"We did a good job today. But we aren't going to hunt that fleeting ship. There are invaders in our lands and they are surrendering. Why don't we show some hospitality?"

With the crew cheering Hanala goes back into her office and produces a note. That soon is given to a small construct of wax that sprouts wings, from the seal, and departs to the shore to the flag bearing person.

In order to come abroad to negotiate terms, leave all weapons and magical items on the shore. Only one of you can come aboard. Anything you take with you will be taken as a gift or as a threat. Once you are ready wave that flag of yours harder.

She writes another note, detailing the position and an estimate of forces of those on the beach. And that note flies to the Flotsam. If those hundred fighters and wizards want to earn their share it is a good moment to practice. They are to cordon the invaders and kill, or apprehend if they can do so easily without risks, any who attempts to get deeper inland.

Then the Widow's boat is dispatched (after the flag waves harder, or those on the beach show some gesture of agreement), manned by an elven rower to the land. It will return with only one visible passenger.

While Hanala waits the ship is maneuvered so it's figurehead faces the Dragon Turtle and it has it's side against the land, as if it was holding a ready gun line. She also gets some spells reapplied too, lore of the gods (+10 to all knowledge checks [cast]), and true seeing. Alesia also motivates wisdom (prof. sailor :P) now.

Acanous
2016-09-30, 02:50 AM
yep, what would you like to research?
flag spell was silent image.
you are entitled to a spot check. The DC is ridiculous.
The dragon turtle submerges below the surface.
The people on the shore seem to be conversing among themselves.
Make a sense motive. DC 20 for a hunch.

thethird
2016-09-30, 03:27 AM
flag spell was silent image.
you are entitled to a spot check. The DC is ridiculous.
The dragon turtle submerges below the surface.
The people on the shore seem to be conversing among themselves.
Make a sense motive. DC 20 for a hunch.

If the DC is ridiculous I'm not going to bother, I could blow spells but I don't have them at the ready.

Alesia is the one that does the sense motive things, so... [roll0] (yay for switching to motivate wisdom)

Acanous
2016-09-30, 03:41 AM
you get a second spot check, similarly silly, but slightly lower DC.
The group on the beach deliberates. It's your initiative.
Dragon turtle hide check [roll0] plus distance penalty for 2000 feet.

thethird
2016-09-30, 05:28 AM
you get a second spot check, similarly silly, but slightly lower DC.
The group on the beach deliberates. It's your initiative.

Well, let's try that spot check. Hanala [roll0] (also spots [the dog] is going to be in the lookout he is making on free spot check a round with a +18, he can spot something that he missed [he has quick reconnoiter])

Hanala for her part is casting wieldskill on herself (from the ring, to be proficient with the ballista) and personal weapon augmentation (distance on the ballista). Then she is readying an action to fire at...

wait it's a silent image can a spellcraft check see where it is coming from? (it's too far for true seeing) [roll1].

If she can make a good guess of where the image is coming from then she is going to fire at whoever is casting it. If not she is going to fire at whoever looks like to be second in command (if she was on the beach she would hide, but Alesia wouldn't)

Anyway she is readying to fire, and continuously triggering the traps in the ballista on herself. [the range of the ballista is currently 3000 feet] she has a +5 to spot and ignores distance penalties.

"I need ammo."

"We are out of ammo, Boss."

"What?"

"Next time don't rush out before we have time to replenish."

"At least there is rum."

"We don't have rum either..."

"No rum? Can we go back?"

"And leave those mongrels on our shore?"

"All right, all right..."

Hanala has wasted her action and learned a lesson on leaving early. She has also spent on of her daily 1st lvl infusions.

OoC: Has the messenger with the message arrived? The more this people delay the better. I hope the fighters and wizards get mobilized in the jungle.

Acanous
2016-09-30, 06:03 AM
You just sent that message. It'll arrive soon, but it's a physical thing that travels, yes? It's going to your guard captain back in the city.
where was I? Oh yes. You spotted a weird floating man right by where the dragon turtle was. He's kind of just... hanging in midair. Slowly walking towards your ship.
Looking at the people on the beach, you see there's 3 people underneath the flag, one wearing what might be military dress (Red coat, white shirt, pants), a guy with a book bag and glasses (Grey hair) with a brown shirt and pants, and a blonde woman wearing light leathers. Without a spyglass, that's as much detail as you can pick out. They're all mulling over your letter. Whom would you like to target?

Just went through the math on Production; long story short if you're crafting items with no gold invested, you get 1280 GP of stuff per point per month. If you wish to focus production on masonry or gathering materials, your workers get through 8550 GP of raw material gathering each month, or 4275 GP of unaided construction. If you've got gathered materials, you can construct 8550 GP of masonry for 2850 in raw material, or 2560 GP of items for 853 GP of raw material. All of this (Raw material, Construction, Craft) is done with your Production. You can also set your production to "Automatic" and not worry about what you're making, this will net you 427 GP per month. (in plain gold).

You may lease off your production to other players if you have open trade routes. Production so leased is at half value on the turn it is leased and the turn it returns to you.

I'm going to assume here that you've got one point on mining raw material and 2 points on full scale production, which would net you 5120 GP of finished items per turn, and 6843 GP in raw material for next turn.

thethird
2016-09-30, 08:46 AM
You just sent that message. It'll arrive soon, but it's a physical thing that travels, yes? It's going to your guard captain back in the city.
where was I? Oh yes. You spotted a weird floating man right by where the dragon turtle was. He's kind of just... hanging in midair. Slowly walking towards your ship.
Looking at the people on the beach, you see there's 3 people underneath the flag, one wearing what might be military dress (Red coat, white shirt, pants), a guy with a book bag and glasses (Grey hair) with a brown shirt and pants, and a blonde woman wearing light leathers. Without a spyglass, that's as much detail as you can pick out. They're all mulling over your letter. Whom would you like to target?

Hanala shrugs and goes into her office. She looks at the homunculi that passes her the scrapbook. She taps in the glass and smiles. She is clearly elven although she is no queen not even a courtier. She wears simple pants and shirt covered in a tight vest. Her head is framed by brown braided dreadlocks and toped by a long brimmed hat.

"Howdy? I found the ship, didn't have much in the bravery department but it left some uninvited guests in my land. I'll keep you updatted as I learn more. Any info you've got on where did this ship come from will be appreciated."

She then takes the writting ser and the stamp from her desk and leaves the office.

OoC I'm assuming I can't retroactively buy bolts.

"I'm going to have some breakfast here. While I wait I'll do some writting. Prepare a table for three."

"Captain we only have emergency food..."

"Aye, aye, buy food goes in the list."

She writes two more messages;

One to the merchant guild: "as I sit here blockading some mongrels I can't help but realize how difficult would be our situation with a blockade. I will give you 10000 gold pieces in salt as soon as I return. Spend those in improving our survivality. Also whoever gets a seed of a magical or quasimagical plants will get a bonus."

Another to the engineering guild: "I wanted to bring you the plans myself. But I find myself busy in the line of duty. I want you to research in a couple of projects of mine. One is to learn how to build small talismans like the ones Alesia carries. The other is to develop strong glyphs like the ones I've seen in ancient ruins. I will provide more details soon but I expect results by the end of next month."

The notes are folded like small papercraft birds and animated with wax.

Then Hanala waits (the coral is spellstoring prestiditation on the rings.)

neriractor
2016-09-30, 09:55 AM
Wenzel listens to his guides and chants for a moment, divine energy surrounding him dlowly and dissipating before he keeps moving, he gives a quick check to the fountain, seemingly not paying attention to it and starts checking for traps on the first steps of the stairs

casting find traps and cheching for traps at the start of both stairs.
search 1: [roll0]
search 2: [roll1]

after quickly checking for traps the group lights up a torch and moves downstairs, with Sura leading, followed by Wezel, the druid and the ranger covering the rear, when they reach the lower floor Wenzel checks the lower steps for traps just in case.

The Glyphstone
2016-09-30, 10:37 AM
Well, I was hoping to be researching towards permanently improving my Technology stat by studying magical theory directly, but if that's not an option, let's put them to work researching ways to improve farm and crop yields.

Elbeyon
2016-09-30, 01:52 PM
OoC: I updated the Doyen in my characters history. But, seriously, I'll grab that DC 30 nobility check on every character in the game >. > (Braces for ~17 nations/backgrounds)

She yawns a morning yawn and approaches her daily mail. How unorthdox. Where they afraid to face her? Did she do something again to make them fear her? She ponders as she flips through the letters, looking them over front and back.

She twirls a finger at her coffee pot. The thing jumps to life and starts her daily brew. Her flowing robe drapes over her study seat as she starts to read them. What a joke. Two, TWO, generations here and her nation is still this pathetic. Oh, her father would scold her if he saw this sorry mess. Shes not doing everything for them. They'll never learn that way.

She starts to write her replies:

Population: 2 (Improve: Population (See farther below for details))
"Accept strangers!" All manner of creature and beast has a mind. The nation already accepts so many. Do not let looks or trait drive out a citizen. Accept those that want to live a life among the guilds.

Economy: 1 (Improve: Economy)
"Promote trade." Worry not about money, but the things that it represents. Is 10 gold worth of books truly equal to those books? The things that you could learn inside. Expand yourself. Let not a full coin purse lead you to an empty head.

Production: 1 (Improve: Production)
"Let the guilds expand!" Build more things that build things. The vast majority of the population will not be necessity farmers. We will rise above that. Prepare to enrich those people that want to partake more seriously in the guilds.

Warfare: 1 (Improve: Warfare)
"Train yourself" Your forces are low. Make up for it with mighty spells. Make one of our people worth ten of our foes.

Technology: 3 (Improve: Production)
"No person should work in a field unless they want." Start producing the basic necessities magically. A man spending his life in the fields when he rather write a book is a waste of a man. Work until a man with no trade can expect a full belly.

Leader (Technology): 1 (Improve: Production)
"I'll help with the magical building." I'll lend a portion of my magic to this task.

Pages and pages of documents get written to her already existing stack of paper. This monthly report/command will delivered to the Doyen. She'll leave it to their discretion to get things done.

Fizzit Rabblerab she'll reply to specifically. "Why would we invade our potential neighbors without at least sending a messenger?" *Insert smiley* "I'll go to the necropolis myself and see if there is any intelligence to be released. Let the adventurers have there fun elsewhere. We may have new citizens soon."

Let me know if this style of management is ok. I figured I'd direct each stat point to a certain job.

Also, Thrune is heading to the undead underground alone. Not a lot of days left till Monday so I'll try to storm through that part.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag124/Elbeyon/Tokens/ThruneIcon_zpssnhexkqk.jpg Thrune

On her mirror, in her room, Thrune joins in the conversation late. "Sorry about the tardiness. I was dealing matters." She rolls her eyes at an apparently meaningless task. "Nothing interesting going on here. What's the big fuss today? Hm? Anything fun that I can engage?"

She made it just in time to glance at the displayed message. "Interesting. That does sound fun."

She shakes her head. "Oh, yes. My council has advised that the league concentrates some amount of united force on the broader nations. Moving supply lines and whatever takes effort. It's best to be proactive and have defenses in place before they are needed. Unless you feel threatened by sea?"

Thrune isn't telling the truth. The undead city is certainly interesting. Take 10 + 37 (mod) equals 47 bluff check.

Acanous
2016-09-30, 07:05 PM
The mass of troops starts to head into the jungle, leaving the bespectacled man on the beach. The man walking over the water towards you poofs out of existence. The flag starts to wave higher.

Once you've dispatched a boat to pick up the flag-waver, he has this to say;

Salutations and may the blessings of Waukeen fall upon you and your People, lady Starbound. I hope you do not take us for enemies: I believe the fact we didn't so much as attempt to engage in hostilities proves we are not. We only came here to deal with the danger of a dragon-turtle, which threatened our commercial routes and thus the prosperity of all Osse. Our interest is only the common interest. We intend but to make it easier for merchants and goods to travel from your land into ours and viceversa. If you are willing, we'd happily join you defeating the monster. While alone I was planning to rely on trickery, I believe our combined forces would easily destroy it. If you believe you'll be able to take care of it yourself, we only ask leave to return to our land. Our only desire is, after all, to make it safer for all travellers.

Tech into Tech is a little weird, but doable. Basically you'll be using your mages to craft magic items that help with magic item creation at that point. If you're making say, a Lyre of Building to help with production, that'd be different.

You detect nothing at the fountain, but spot a burning hands trap, triggered by a pressure plate at the front door. You can get over it with a DC 10 jump/acrobatics check. You aren't threatened, so you can take 10 on it if your total modifier is +0 or better.

Inside, the first room has windblown sand pushed up against the sandstone walls in a small heap, letting you know the direction the wind usually takes. There are no items in this room. Stairs climb up to the West and down to the East.

Give me a bit for all that Know: Nobility. I'll gather up everything and put it into a spoiler for you in a bit.
It will cost you gold to increase your population. Or Production. Or Technology.
It will cost you gold to increase your Economy. Or go raid someone. Or open trade routes.
You direct your workers to harvest raw materials so they will be more able to produce goods in a month.
You direct your soldiers to raid the necropolis and gain levels you're not doing that, so I'm going to assume you want them to drill and work on unit cohesion for some kind of morale bonus. It will cost you production/gold/technology to increase your War stat.
Technology (4!) is now being directed to magical tools and other wondrous items. It will take 8 months to equip your entire workforce with magical tools.

You head off for the Necropolis, asking your scouts for directions. It's not actually all that hard to find, just need to go out past the sewer drains and into the forest, then look for the really big overgrown pyramid.

You spend 2 days travelling.
You are now at the entrance to this apparent necropolis. Vines and foliage make the entrance Rough terrain and hide any manner of things in the underbrush. You can see the stone entrance, 60 feet away. You may take any preparations you like at this time.

The Glyphstone
2016-09-30, 07:15 PM
I think I may have misunderstood. If Technology is strictly for Production of magic items, I'll start them on a Wand of Fireballs. But I was under the impression it was a means of also boosting my provincial base stats in an abstract fashion without spending gold towards the purpose.

Acanous
2016-09-30, 07:28 PM
It can be used to boost other stats, but your Technology is in effect a number of high level casters, which are on retainer. You can have them cast spells to boost production, or have them craft items to start you on your way to a tippyverse, or research means to do more esoteric things. You can also use technology to get stuff like steam tech, but that'd be like a gnome inventor/alchemist working on it for a while.
Increasing your Technology could be getting one of these people to take an Apprentice, which'd take 6 months and get you +1 Tech. Or it could be gaining Craft Construct and building dedicated Wrights, which really is more a production thing but it'd let you utilise your tech en mass, eventually. You can also trade other players for their tech, which doesn't suffer from the penalties production does, since one high-enough level Wizard travels a lot faster than thirty workers and all their gear.

To the North, along the beaches, are the lands of Crowe the Speaker.
There are many druids among the Forest People, but mighty Crowe was chosen to be speaker. A clever and resourceful spell caster, Crowe led the war party that defeated the Red Dragon Kylnfirindrak. Bravery such as this, and his excellent speaking skills are what made the Council of Elders chose Crowe after his successor Tuatha stepped down to go on a spiritual pilgrimage. Mighty Crowe is young and inexperienced, and leery of war.
Crowe is a Jungle Halfling. He stands 3 feet tall exactly, and has brown hair with flecks of grey, and green eyes.
You can travel to Crowe's lands in force in a single month, or travel there on horseback in a mere week.

To the West, under the mountains, is the realm of Gunnar Kvaldison, Underlord of Grottenheim.
On Grottenheim:
Grottenheim is almost entirely built underground. Each of its towns have a passage to the surface and a handful of structures there built for the purpose of interacting with surface-dwellers, but the vast majority of its construction and inhabitants live below the surface. It is uncompromisingly designed to be comfortable to its inhabitants, and rather inhospitably to visiting surfacers as a result. Passages have low ceilings and are generally completely dark. Straightaways longer than sixty feet are rare, giving the impression of a maze-like warren even when the tunnels themselves are carefully planned and mapped out by local authorities.

Its government is a two-tiered system. At the top is the Underlord, a figure elected by and from the seven Guildmasters heading the guilds to which all Grottenheim citizens belong. Once chosen, they rule until death or the period of one hundred years has passed as a complete autocrat with no checks on their authority. A wise Underlord pays attention to the needs and demands of the guilds, but only a unanimous vote by the Guildmasters can strip them of power. Being as how the guild that supplies an Underlord benefits immensely from their patronage during that time, and with the caveat that no guild can elect two consecutive Underlords from their own ranks, the prospect of impeachment is effectively zero.
Gunnar was elected from the guild of Arcanists, with heavy support from the guild of Soldiers.
Gunnar stands at 4'2" with Blue eyes and Brown hair.
It would take two months for you to march a force into Grottenheim. You could travel there in three weeks on horseback.

To the Southwest, in the desert, lies the home of Wenzel Grois, the survivor of a long and bloody succession war. Wenzel is an elf, standing at 5'1 with short brown eyes and brown hair. He is a pragmatist and a popularist, and has three heirs in a very rigid line of succession (To prevent another war). He rules from a small town called Tarsi, which is assuredly not the traditional capitol.

It would take you one month to travel here in force, and you would require special clothing or risk losing forces to exposure. You could travel here in two weeks on horseback.

Far to the north lies the Seasalt Confederacy, home of Captain Hanala Starbound. A Grey elf with a long history of piracy, she rules more out of fear of her reputation than blood ties or any skill with statecraft. She is also known for making use of many magical devices. She wears her brown hair in dreadlocks, stands at 5'4" and her eyes are a bright copper. (You can also read all the stuff on the Seasalt Confederacy in the OOC and consider it IC knowledge)

More to be added in a bit.

Elbeyon
2016-09-30, 07:34 PM
Give me a bit for all that Know: Nobility. I'll gather up everything and put it into a spoiler for you in a bit.
It will cost you gold to increase your population. Or Production. Or Technology.
It will cost you gold to increase your Economy. Or go raid someone. Or open trade routes.
You direct your workers to harvest raw materials so they will be more able to produce goods in a month.
[s]You direct your soldiers to raid the necropolis and gain levels you're not doing that, so I'm going to assume you want them to drill and work on unit cohesion for some kind of morale bonus. It will cost you production/gold/technology to increase your War stat.
Technology (4!) is now being directed to magical tools and other wondrous items. It will take 8 months to equip your entire workforce with magical tools.

You head off for the Necropolis, asking your scouts for directions. It's not actually all that hard to find, just need to go out past the sewer drains and into the forest, then look for the really big overgrown pyramid.

You spend 2 days travelling.
You are now at the entrance to this apparent necropolis. Vines and foliage make the entrance Rough terrain and hide any manner of things in the underbrush. You can see the stone entrance, 60 feet away. You may take any preparations you like at this time.

Sure! I know it's a lot of noble stuff ><

Good to know! It cost gold to do almost anything (expect gather extra gold this turn.) Let me re-do my turns actions and I'll resubmit my actionsShe "hms" at the news that it'll be two days away. I might as well make it an affair.", she speaks out aloud to no one in particular. "Puppy!" She yells to her friend imp. "We're going on a trip. Tell the servants to prepare an escort for us. We're travelling in comfort. Pillows. Good food. You know the drill." She moves to the closet and starts picking out her "noble" wear for the trip.

Three days (she took an extra day to travel in comfort) later." Ooh. Wow." She admits to the pyramid. "What a wonder." She laughs maniacally. "Peons. You should have joined Teva peacefully".

"Puppy and Giggles back up, outta sight, and keep things undercontrol."

Once everyone is away from the start of this little adventure Abrogail takes psychic flight and starts hovering over the ground foliage. A slow trickle of bugs falling off her as she goes. Her ever useful spies; what most view as the most useless creatures. She drops the vermin and speaks to them to search the pyramid. Her mind, her hivemind, bristling with their actions. Another part of her sense pour over the ground underneath and overhead as she scans her way forward. She makes her way to the stone entrance.

Thrune can “see” by using psychic energy to ascertain objects and creatures within 240 feet.

Within a radius of 350 feet, Thrune detects all creatures whose minds are not shielded with an effect such as mind blank, even through solid rock. Within this same range, it can communicate with any creature that has a language.

Acanous
2016-09-30, 07:51 PM
There's some stuff for you in the last post on page 1.

do you detect mindless undead? There's some nearby, so I need to know :p
You are detecting some sentience inside the pyramid. Three minds. Int scores of 6.

neriractor
2016-09-30, 08:01 PM
Wenzel takes a small note or where the wind is blowing after The team takes their time to jump the trap, and quickly make their way trough the seemingly empty room, they walk the stairs down, keeping the same formation. When they reach the lower room Wenzel checks the first step for traps (unless something distracts him)

I´m taking 10 for the jump check,
also search: [roll0]

Elbeyon
2016-09-30, 08:02 PM
There's some stuff for you in the last post on page 1.

do you detect mindless undead? There's some nearby, so I need to know :p
You are detecting some sentience inside the pyramid. Three minds. Int scores of 6.

Awesome! :smallbiggrin: I look forward to reading it.

I quoted all of Telepathic Awareness. That'd be up to you. It's (SU) if that matters. P: Undead are traditionally immune to mind-effects though...

> .> I think I'll be glad I have blindsight in a little bit.

She hovers for a while. Awaiting her small army to impregnate her target.

Acanous
2016-09-30, 09:03 PM
you head to the stairs down and take a look for traps. Satisfied with your search, you start down the stairs. Reflex save as they start to crumble under you!

your critters find many things, mounds of compost, animal bones, plants. You haven't moved towards the pyramid yet. You still detect the three minds.

Elbeyon
2016-09-30, 09:09 PM
your critters find many things, mounds of compost, animal bones, plants. You haven't moved towards the pyramid yet. You still detect the three minds.OoC: Go faster bugs! Stupid (well not really: hivemind) bugs. Let the fast ones go first! D: Fly my wasps! *prepares some insect wiki's for fast moving bugs* Dnd, your so weird. *shakes head* :smallamused:

The horsefly (https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=horsefly+%2F+speed) flys 90 mph. D:

Acanous
2016-09-30, 09:34 PM
your longboat picks up the bespectacled man, who starts to come aboard. Then the dragon turtle surfaces, knocking your boat lightly. He looks at the man carefully.

neriractor
2016-09-30, 09:35 PM
surprised, the royal family and their attendants try to grab/jump to the near stairs, everyone tries not to look to the darkness below. reflex, Wenzel: [roll0]
reflex, Sura: [roll1]

Elbeyon
2016-09-30, 10:33 PM
I don't mean to hold things up. Thrune will start to fly closer.

Acanous
2016-09-30, 11:03 PM
you take half of [roll0] as falling damage. Your princess behind you takes nothing, as it only hit the person in front. You now find yourself in a basement, with a dank, mildewy smell. The lighting here is dim near the stairs, and dark further in. It seems there is a corridor in here. It goes off into the Dark further than 30 feet. Make a listen check.

you fly closer, and feel those intelligences start to lurk towards you. There are three shadows. You may roll initiative.
initiative rolls [roll1][roll2][roll3]

Elbeyon
2016-09-30, 11:10 PM
Initiative [roll0]

Now when you say shadows do you mean shadows or Shadows? xD. The undead kind.

neriractor
2016-09-30, 11:35 PM
Wenzel sighs,just the usual being the only one that fell, but quickly standing up and waving for the rest to wait up and only come down if he calls, he makes a quick chant and with a flicker of the wrist the bow he pulls out glows bright.
listen check: [roll0]
move action to pull out my bow and standard action to cast light on it.

also, if this only affected the first person my cohort would have fallen, but I´m gonna roll with it, this is a more interesting set up. :smallbiggrin:

here is the post were I set the walking order, is on the previus page

Wenzel listens to his guides and chants for a moment, divine energy surrounding him slowly and dissipating before he keeps moving, he gives a quick check to the fountain, seemingly not paying attention to it and starts checking for traps on the first steps of the stairs

casting find traps and cheching for traps at the start of both stairs.
search 1: [roll0]
search 2: [roll1]

after quickly checking for traps the group lights up a torch and moves downstairs, with Sura leading, followed by Wezel, the druid and the ranger covering the rear, when they reach the lower floor Wenzel checks the lower steps for traps just in case.

edit: wow, I don´t think I´ve ever pulled such a close streak of twenties :smallbiggrin: incoming three natural ones in a row

Acanous
2016-10-01, 12:40 AM
the undead kind. You go first.
First, you hear something moving in the darkness. Then you cast light! You see some kind of coffin on the other side of the room, and something inside is moving.

The Glyphstone
2016-10-01, 01:01 AM
It can be used to boost other stats, but your Technology is in effect a number of high level casters, which are on retainer. You can have them cast spells to boost production, or have them craft items to start you on your way to a tippyverse, or research means to do more esoteric things. You can also use technology to get stuff like steam tech, but that'd be like a gnome inventor/alchemist working on it for a while.
Increasing your Technology could be getting one of these people to take an Apprentice, which'd take 6 months and get you +1 Tech. Or it could be gaining Craft Construct and building dedicated Wrights, which really is more a production thing but it'd let you utilise your tech en mass, eventually. You can also trade other players for their tech, which doesn't suffer from the penalties production does, since one high-enough level Wizard travels a lot faster than thirty workers and all their gear.

Would 'ankheg domestication' be a viable research topic? I really do want some badass dwarf knights riding burrowing steeds. Bulettes would be even better than ankhegs, but according to RoS their eggs are a lot more expensive/harder to get than ankheg eggs.

neriractor
2016-10-01, 01:06 AM
Wenzel ponders for a few moments, considering the posibilities of a new helper but deciding against the dangers of it, he takes a couple of steps back and whispers to the people upstairs, he waves for them to come down and takes a deep breath, preparing for the possible confrontation ahead.

can I ready an action to rebuke whatever is inside, I´m assuming undead are common enough and my ranks on knowledge religion are high enough that a coffin is going to alert me to that fact.

if I can I will ready an action for doing exactly that if whatever is in there tries to harm me or my allies

Elbeyon
2016-10-01, 01:07 AM
"Shadows?" She shakes her head. "That's not what I had in mind. You're barely above an animal."

Thrune's face goes white like marble and her eyes glow an angelic yellow. All for show she could assure a person. In one motion, she snaps her fingers and extends her index toward the three creatures. An immobile, vertical curtain of whirling blades shaped of pure force springs into existence onto the shadows. A Blade Barrier (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/bladeBarrier.htm) threatens [roll0] force damage unless the creatures can succeed a DC 24 reflex for no damage.

Continuing with the angelic mockery she grows a pair herself, and uses the new wings to fly 150 ft. away from the oncoming creatures.

Standard: Use a SLA
Move: Move 150 ft. away
Free: Talk

thethird
2016-10-01, 03:19 AM
The mass of troops starts to head into the jungle, leaving the bespectacled man on the beach. The man walking over the water towards you poofs out of existence. The flag starts to wave higher.

Once you've dispatched a boat to pick up the flag-waver, he has this to say;

Salutations and may the blessings of Waukeen fall upon you and your People, lady Starbound. I hope you do not take us for enemies: I believe the fact we didn't so much as attempt to engage in hostilities proves we are not. We only came here to deal with the danger of a dragon-turtle, which threatened our commercial routes and thus the prosperity of all Osse. Our interest is only the common interest. We intend but to make it easier for merchants and goods to travel from your land into ours and viceversa. If you are willing, we'd happily join you defeating the monster. While alone I was planning to rely on trickery, I believe our combined forces would easily destroy it. If you believe you'll be able to take care of it yourself, we only ask leave to return to our land. Our only desire is, after all, to make it safer for all travellers.

your longboat picks up the bespectacled man, who starts to come aboard. Then the dragon turtle surfaces, knocking your boat lightly. He looks at the man carefully.

OoC: I'm assuming that guy says that as he gets into the drowry, and that lord Asahad tries to capsize me for whatevs after he comes aboard. I'm going to write that post under that assumption. On the bespectacled man can I get a better description now that he is onboard? Also I OoC suspect fool play and guess that the dragon turtle is under the effect from some enchantment (after all the diplomacy check was high enough). Would a knowledge arcana, or an spellcraft, allow Hanala to think that too IC so I can act upon that?

Hanala stands 5'4'' in the Drowry's center waiting for the "guest" as the ship pulls up the boat. She has a boyish fighure, with almost no curves so to speak. She is wearing simple clothes, leather pants and vest with a white shirt. Underneath a mithril breastplate that has seen long use appears to be the most expensive thing on her person. Her hair is in unkept dreadlocks that have some trinkets braided at the ends. She wears an old long brimmed hat and a tight smile. The only exultation on wealth that she displays are ten rings, one in each finger, they are all different but lean on the garish side.

By her side a bit shorter is quartermaster Alesia who definetively plays the trope of the pirate queen. Her clothing is tight tasteful and revealing enough to show that she has a lot more flesh in the right places than Hanala. She is also clean and has taken a good time trimming and grooming. Her clothing is made of the finnest and riches glammerweave. Many when meeting both take Alesia for the pirate captain and Hanala for the second.

Upon being greeted by such strange words Hanala snorts a short laughter.

"You are no one's prisoner. You can leave whenever you want. I'm certain Deep Sashelas wanting you will find strength in your arms to swim you to your shores. I got you here to have breakfast..."

It is at that time that lord Asahad tries to surface under the Drowry, a dangerous move by Hanala's reckoning.

"Corellon's hairy balls. Asahad! We had reached an understanding. Don't attack my ships. In case you need it spelled a ship I'm willfully standing in qualifies as mine. Stop trying to send me to meet Sashelas early!"

She swiftly turns around to the helmsman.

"Mister LeafintheWind make the Drowry dance."

Immediately Alesia starts yelling orders and coordinating the elven sailors atop the Widow's Drowry that starts to soar the waters increasing the distance with the Dragon Turtle. The ship moves in an erratic patern maintaining sight of the land and with the scouts on the lookout for angry Dragon Turtles trying to capsize it.

That done, Hanala turns to the guest, once again. She signals a table with three chairs and pulls one to allow the guest to sit down.

"Well what a sudden and inevitable betrayal. Anyway, what would you like to have for breakfast? I don't encourage you to try to swim to your coast now, there is after all a dragon turtle set on the loose. But I won't stop you if you want to."

As Hanala speaks the hand coral prepares the following spells (Hanala is trying to buy time to give the coral time to get all of them) shivering touch, personal weapon augmnetation (then repeat). She also instructs telepathically Mr Handy, the homunculus, to spit on all her arrow tips.

Acanous
2016-10-01, 04:02 AM
the shadows are destroyed. You hear something moving in the foliage. Your beetles alert you to a dozen skeleton warriors standing from the undergrowth. Something seems weird about them, but you aren't certain what.
give me that rebuke check. the coffin bursts open and it's a mummy!
you get a sense motive, oddly. There are no visible effects on this spell, and you can't interact with it. Your spellcraft tells you that you could try detect magic. Also, I'll copy that stuff for the other player.

thethird
2016-10-01, 05:57 AM
you get a sense motive, oddly. There are no visible effects on this spell, and you can't interact with it. Your spellcraft tells you that you could try detect magic. Also, I'll copy that stuff for the other player.

Sense motive Alesia: [roll0], Hanala [roll1].

In that case, assuming those sense motives fail, before preparing those shivering touch spells it prepares arcane sight. If the dragon turtle surfaces close to the ship. Hanala will cast arcane sight to discern the auras fast, before the ship outruns again the turtle.

Elbeyon
2016-10-01, 06:26 AM
the shadows are destroyed. You hear something moving in the foliage. Your beetles alert you to a dozen skeleton warriors standing from the undergrowth. Something seems weird about them, but you aren't certain what.
Kn. Religion [roll]1d20+34[roll]That was worrying. Draining creatures are always a worry. skeletons she's less worried about. "Is there nothing here worth speaking to?," She calls out in frustration. The skeletons have a certain curious charm about them. She decides to watch them for a bit until she can figure it out. She might as well have some fun and slate her curiosity.

Elbeyon
2016-10-01, 06:38 AM
Messed up a roll.

Kn. Religion [roll0]

neriractor
2016-10-01, 09:36 AM
startled at the sudden entrance of the creature Wenzel quickly comes to himself and grabs the symbol of his lineage hanging around his neck pointing it at the mummy "you, old and decaying resident of this place, serve me as if you were worthy or fear me as the weak must." a soft chilly wind erupts from the holy symbol, touching the mummy and dissipating in an instant.

alright, lets do this :smallbiggrin:
rebuke attempt: [roll0] (1/6 spent)
rebuke damage: [roll1] (pretty sure walker in the waste levels doesn´t add to it.)

is theparty actually trying to get down here or do I have to RP them too for them to do anything?

thethird
2016-10-01, 12:11 PM
At some point during the month Hanala greases and shakes some palms. She is also making ample use of the wall of salt trap in the widow's drowry to produce salt, which is a trade good.

Each casting produces a bit over 9000 gp of value. Hanala is using the economic powress of the seasalt principalty to distribute the salt far from her house market. She is also being really careful about market saturation. All in all even if she could theoretically produce 9000 gp per round she is only getting as much gp as she thinks she can reasonably get out with.

Things she is doing with the money.

Permanently increase the island's production. Plant crops and get some farm animals.

Give funds to the military and the merchants. Stablish at least one actual shipping business (powers of faerun) with towers/warehouses arround the island. This helps keep her waters under control. With regular patrols and everyone is getting used to naval combat.

Invest technology to research talismans (from Oriental Adventures) and aboleth glyphs (from lords of madness).

Bucket list of things that Hanala wants to get her hands on :

A golden beholder (dragon magazine compendium)
An egg of a steelwing (monster manual five)
A fertile male unicorn looking for a good time (monster manual)
Some valenar warhorses (here (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20051114a)) I kind of assume that the elves have some elven horses.
Incarnate earth [in sufficient quantity] (magic of incarnum)

crowe
2016-10-02, 12:18 AM
Please purchase 1 fountainhead arrow (MIC52), 1 Bullet of Sound (MinHB41), 1 Tanglefoot Shot (HoB137) and devise a method of producing these items for our defense.[Research]

We are interesting in forming a Tannery Co-Op outside of the city of Circe to process hides. Please research this topic and let us know what will be required to make this happen. [OOC=Essentially, I wish to form a level1 Business Affiliation.]

Who is the bordering Nation to our East?
Knowledge Nobility[roll0]

Acanous
2016-10-03, 12:02 AM
You dance the Drowry about, and it's a solid five minutes before the Turtle gets another attempt. Your Arcane sight reveals enchantment affecting the Dragon Turtle. (You can pass a 17 on a take 10). The enchantment aura is weak.
Here's the capsize attempt: [roll0] high is bad. 1-50 nothing happens.

The Drowry lurches to an unhealthy angle, the Starboard wing sail is now under the ocean. Your deck tilts, and the ship begins taking on water. Your crew starts to scramble, manning bilge pumps and attempting to steer to intentionally beach the Drowry, so she can be righted. (Give me a Prof: Sailor check for this. You pick who's at the wheel.)

Madam, I have a number of soldiers and my own consort in the coast. I believe we may be able to defeat this creature. It would appear the treacherous monster is not kind enough to accept deals and, if I'm entirely honest, I'd rather have no dragon, pacified or not, in the trade-routes between your country and mine. If we work together, I do think it should be possible for us to succeed. And maybe, if the Lady is smiling to us, take possesion of its treasure.

On your salt trap: You currently have no trade agreements and your population cannot sustain more than a single casting of Wall of Salt at book value.
You should send out emissaries, or start black market trade.

Incarnate earth can be traded for with that coin. The rest I'll need to roll for.

The skeletons mill about, attacking any living creatures in range. I assume you're 30 ft. or more in the air. You are pretty sure that there's nothing answering the door- probably intelligent undead will be inside.

Wenzel's turn attempt sadly fails, and now initiative is rolled. Your people were putting ropes down and tying knots. init for the mummy: [roll1]

You know the lands to your Northeast are controlled by Lord Marquis de la Fayette, and his city is called Fayette.
Your research team is now on it. (Craft magic arms and armour)

Triskavanski
2016-10-03, 12:13 AM
Pretty much good things here.
Population: 1 (as a marshy province, your territory is unkind to settlements)
Production: 3 (you have easy access to material, and can build up or down with little trouble.)

Victor will give +1 to Warfare due to his undead creation

Victor groaned gently, Its was a bloody difficult time for Darkmire, he was down to only a handful of troops, and even fewer undead and golems. It didn't help that within most recent months, the Triskavanski family home had sunk into the marsh.. Again. Luckily, there was plenty of stone around them to keep building more due to the marsh being in a relatively odd area.

Move, many would say, but where to move too? It wasn't like the Lupin's practice of necromatic ways were exactly happy anywhere. Many frowned upon the idea of turning dead bodies into something useful. Blast to the lot of them. Blast them all. Even amongst his allies he was certain some where less than thrilled of the things he did, but at the same time where willing to take from him. No matter, No matter in the slightest, perhaps the upcoming years he could make them see. Make them understand the Lupin way.

Getting up and adjusting the little crown his royal artificer made, filled with smatterings of lore from the ages over, he cleaned himself up and headed outside into the filthy muck filled swamp.

"Carver," he called to the head guard of the little fortress, Garr had left a long while ago into a tapestry that hung dormant in the treasury. "What is this I hear about the other priest missing?

Acanous
2016-10-03, 12:17 AM
"M'lord, Brother Hadrian was making a journey through the swamp to one of our outlying chapels, and never arrived. It has been a week since he was expected. We could comb the swamp, hire a ranger, or pay for some problem solvers to deal with the issue, at your leasure.

Triskavanski
2016-10-03, 12:39 AM
Vincent sighed, finding good priests was a hard thing to do these days. "Very well, Well comb the swamps, but also put out a notice for adventurers to find our missing priest. They can at least stir up some of the local economy."

Out from the alchemist's lab came Vincent's right hand lady, Annabelle. She didn't quite agree with making the undead, as people tended to get all huffy about someone's corpse moving around. Now golems, those things where the way to go! They didn't stink, they didn't fall apart, and they didn't have everyone and their brother attempting to purify them. "Ah good, you hadn't left yet. Perhaps while we are out we could also look for some supplies" she says moving right up to be part of the search party.

Acanous
2016-10-03, 12:56 AM
So you're putting out notice- what's your offered reward for his return?
How many of your military are being dispatched to comb?
Is your cohort going with the military or on her own?

Triskavanski
2016-10-03, 01:16 AM
Cohort and I are both going on this mission, with 10 soldiers from our army. I'm going so that is improves moral for those who are among the living, a leader that does care for his people and will go out to help them.

Carver though is to stay behind. The guards of the stronghold, I, my cohort, and the top three leaders of the army all have insignia for the insignia of Alarm spell. If that fails, a bolt will be shot up into the sky with a red light to signal that we're under attack.

Though we're only searching for a few hours or so, enough to get a cursory scan of the place, if the priest isn't found we'll return back to consult the bones

Reward will be placed at 1000gp

Annabelle will cast Magic Vestment on the two of us about an hour away from the strong hold

thethird
2016-10-03, 01:25 AM
You dance the Drowry about, and it's a solid five minutes before the Turtle gets another attempt. Your Arcane sight reveals enchantment affecting the Dragon Turtle. (You can pass a 17 on a take 10). The enchantment aura is weak.
Here's the capsize attempt: [roll0] high is bad. 1-50 nothing happens.

The Drowry lurches to an unhealthy angle, the Starboard wing sail is now under the ocean. Your deck tilts, and the ship begins taking on water. Your crew starts to scramble, manning bilge pumps and attempting to steer to intentionally beach the Drowry, so she can be righted. (Give me a Prof: Sailor check for this. You pick who's at the wheel.)

Madam, I have a number of soldiers and my own consort in the coast. I believe we may be able to defeat this creature. It would appear the treacherous monster is not kind enough to accept deals and, if I'm entirely honest, I'd rather have no dragon, pacified or not, in the trade-routes between your country and mine. If we work together, I do think it should be possible for us to succeed. And maybe, if the Lady is smiling to us, take possesion of its treasure.

On your salt trap: You currently have no trade agreements and your population cannot sustain more than a single casting of Wall of Salt at book value.
You should send out emissaries, or start black market trade.

Incarnate earth can be traded for with that coin. The rest I'll need to roll for.

Effing luck

At the helm is mr LeafontheWind the helmsman. He is an expert with four ranks (+4) a wisdom bonus of 12 (+1) and at least one of this feats sailor's bracers (+4), skill focus prof sailor (+3), and sea legs (+2), if flaws are okay for followers he has the three of them. He also has a mw tool of prof (sailor) a very nice hat so everyone knows to follow his orders (+2) and the ship is equipped with mw stearing mechanisms (+2), he is also getting a (+4) from Alesia's aura. Every other sailor (the ship requires five people to handle so there are at least five people doing meaningful jobs) in the ship has at least a (+4) from ranks and gets a (+4) from Alesia's aura, with a +1 from wisdom they autopass aid another checks. They are trying to help in coordinated manner.

Assuming LeafontheWind only has sailor's bracers and that only Hanala aids him it is a [roll0] feel free to add to this bonus (from the +X above) if necessary.

Hanala's reaction towards the "guest" will greatly depend on whether the ship/fortress gets capsized. So I'll hold my reaction till I know what happens.

The stuff on the list of to buy doesn't really need to be bought now. The plan is to buy things as the markets allow me, have the merchant guild in the lookout for those kind of things. The unicorn is not worth to me without mares though. The idea is to get the valicorn template (ghostwalk web enhancement) applied to the horses.

Edit I forgot a +4 from the ship's seaworthiness. This might rise to +6 since being made of darkwood the ship counts as MW.

Triskavanski
2016-10-03, 02:16 AM
ooc: since I hadn't had this done yet before.

The mirror was hung in the main bedroom, a location safe from others attempting to overhear thier conversations. A lone scribe sits on a chair, staring at the mirror while the master was away. He was a Jack Russel Terrier Lupin, a bit on the smaller scrawnier side of things, quills and ink ready for him to take notes in case anyone called.

"Right! Currently the Lord of Darkmire is currently out, but I'll tell him right away that you've got a ship there."

Elbeyon
2016-10-03, 02:27 AM
http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag124/Elbeyon/Tokens/ThruneIcon_zpssnhexkqk.jpg Thrune

Thrune sits there sipping her morning drink. "Hello? Anyone there?" She starts milling about with her drink. Little designs trailing her hand and the sugary drink underneath.

"So. Imp." She says to the homunculus. "...Bah! Forget it. I'm going out too.." Father away from the mirror you can see her grabbing her traveling coat and disappear out the door.

The skeletons mill about, attacking any living creatures in range. I assume you're 30 ft. or more in the air. You are pretty sure that there's nothing answering the door- probably intelligent undead will be inside.

She scratches her head. "I guess there isn't anything special about you after all. Oh well." She gives a chuckle and a laugh as she goes about destroying the skeletons. They seemingly can't reach her so she'll have her fun destroying them with some at-will spells and ranged attacks.

Then she'll push forward with her bugs. Sneaking forward to enchance the mood of the things. Anyone home she ponders.

You direct your soldiers to raid the necropolis and gain levels you're not doing that, so I'm going to assume you want them to drill and work on unit cohesion for some kind of morale bonus. It will cost you production/gold/technology to increase your War stat.

OoC: P: Still waiting on that providence info. It's hard to interact with the other players without knowing a single thing about there character. Like where they are for example ><.

"Eight months!" She nearly killed someone, but calms herself right before striking. "No, no. Cancel that idea. Alright, I'll cheat a little." She grins. "Only a little though."

Thrune's "cheat." She goes around placing permanent Teleportation Circles connected to Ego's Stronghold in each city. And, from Ego's Stronghold a Energy Transformation Field (Spell Compendium pg. 80) (Gate (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/gate.htm)) to the City of Union. And, one field/gate back to the Ego Stronghold. "There" she sighs. Surely catching the odd glance from a civilian or two.

(That'd make Ego Stronghold the nation's trading Nexus. Everything loops there. All three towns there and back. Union there and back.)

If she couldn't help herself from it, she knows other people out there are "cheating" too. Hanala Starbound in particular. She figures she might as well take advantage of it. She'll spend whatever it costs to get a trade route between her cities and the City of Union going. And, her nation and Starbounds. (I haven't spent all my money yet. Let me know how much this cost.) Her technology points this month will go toward putting these odd trade routes into effect and securing the areas she choose.

She had intended her nation to become a magical wonderland, but if she's short on coin she'll make some coin. The City of Union is a fun place anyway. It'll be good for her people to mingle with the planes a little. Good, old Union. The plane of trade. She smiles and starts walking back to Ego's Stronghold, cackling.

The Pillar Guilds are going to have a busy month. A crazy stressful month. She grins.
Next up. Her favorite part of war. Spying!

She'll teleport to each of the cities (Allies included) and drop off ants at each one. Her little spies will roam the cities while she takes in all their delicious info. Let the ant wars begin! Of course, it's pretty easy to win a war against ants when your a hyper-intelligent insect with sorcerer casting...

(I may not know the place of all the cities, but Thrune does.) (I made a mistake. The hivemind can only involve one type of vermin at a time. I'll choose ant. So, all my hivemind bugs are aints.)

Elbeyon
2016-10-03, 05:55 AM

Thrune tumbles out of an empty room aboard the Widow's Drowry, barely catching herself from falling. Despite any looks she may steal she makes her way up to the deck of the ship.

She starts searching for her "friend" Hanala Starbound. Her sea legs the green sort, she fumbles between the swaying and the bustle of the crew.

Acanous
2016-10-03, 07:49 AM
Oh god.

The ship lurches in a decidedly ungainly manner as your crew pushes it towards the beach. You know this is doing Terrible things to the submerged rigging. Also, you have initiative, and can act against the dragon turtle.

It is at this point that Abrogail Throne, using her familiarity of the Drowry by means of magic mirror, teleports aboard, with a bucket of ants.

Make a balance check. The Floor is a wall right now.Sea legs help. Also no, followers aren't allowed to take flaws.

Quick percentile roll here 1d100
Well that didn't work. Check next post.
You spend a few hours in the field but do not locate the priest. The reward entices many adventures into the swamp.

Acanous
2016-10-03, 07:52 AM
When the dice fail you.
[roll0]
As always, high is bad.

Elbeyon
2016-10-03, 08:05 AM
OoC: O. O Is your ship being tipped over right now? Am I in initiative count or is this a surprise round against Thrune?

thethird
2016-10-03, 08:22 AM
When the dice fail you.
[roll0]
As always, high is bad.

The ship shouldnt go to the beach it should be going away at full speed. Floundering checks cap At 30 so a 41 should pass...

Triskavanski
2016-10-03, 09:45 AM
Having been unable to find the priest, Vincent returns, "Carver, Keep the adventure up. I suspect a few might fall, we'll collect what we can from them. Send word to Wechsel to make sure the adventurers are happy. Perhaps turn it into a competition of sorts. Ah, and make sure the reward states the Priest should be alive. Suitable arrangements will be made if he is dead. " The reward was after all high for single priest. But the swamps where dark and full of dangers. "I'm heading back in to await the night, and pray for priests safety.

Soon after he returned to his chambers, taking the messages his squire had to him. Meanwhile, Annabelle began her work on terraforming the local area with what workers she could muster working to get some of the marshy swampy water held back.

A dark furred wolven lupin moves into site of the mirror, glancing up to it. Vincent here, covering the connection unless there is pressing matters." If no one responds, he covers the screen with a black cloth

Acanous
2016-10-03, 10:33 AM
The ship is under attack, roll initiative for Thrune. Also I still need that Balance check.
It's currently Hanlana's turn in the initiative order, and I know that your guest is going to have to attempt to stand as a full round action on his.
I could be misrecalling the rules here but I thought that check was to pilot a capsized ship. It has the sinking condition and sinks in 10 rounds if not beached, magically repaired or rescued by another vessel. (also it's big enough to create a whirlpool and the Swim check DC would suck if you end up overboard) Point me at a page if I'm wrong and I'm entirely willing to amend that.
Once had a DM who thought Capsize meant "The spine of the ship breaks in half and it sinks immediately" and THAT sucked.
Anyhow, that Dragon turtle is actually still near the vessel, about 80 feet away at the moment. The % roll wasn't for it, it's turn is last. (init 8)

Abrogail is in the rather unusual position of somehow being in two encounters at the same time.

Can I get some stuff to give people who make Know: nobility on you? They're asking.

thethird
2016-10-03, 11:04 AM
The ship is under attack, roll initiative for Thrune. Also I still need that Balance check.
It's currently Hanlana's turn in the initiative order, and I know that your guest is going to have to attempt to stand as a full round action on his.
I could be misrecalling the rules here but I thought that check was to pilot a capsized ship. It has the sinking condition and sinks in 10 rounds if not beached, magically repaired or rescued by another vessel. (also it's big enough to create a whirlpool and the Swim check DC would suck if you end up overboard) Point me at a page if I'm wrong and I'm entirely willing to amend that.
Once had a DM who thought Capsize meant "The spine of the ship breaks in half and it sinks immediately" and THAT sucked.
Anyhow, that Dragon turtle is actually still near the vessel, about 80 feet away at the moment. The % roll wasn't for it, it's turn is last. (init 8)

Abrogail is in the rather unusual position of somehow being in two encounters at the same time.

Mkay.

Hanala fires an arrow, it has shivering touch spellstored in it, and is poisoned.

[roll0] (to hit) [roll1] (to damage) the poison is contact (& injury for that matter) DC 20 or unconsciousness for 1 minute, secondary damage unconsciousness for [roll2] minutes (as far as I can tell the dragon turtle is immune to magical sleep, not normal). The arrow also carries a shivering touch that deals [roll3] points of dexterity damage.

She yells while firing. "If my ship is damaged because you couldn't negotiate in goddamn fairness I'm going to boil you, skin you and make me a purse out of ballsack. And I'm still deciding in the order!

neriractor
2016-10-03, 11:04 AM
Wenzel seems to lose a bit of confidence as the creature remains far from being controlled, he raises an eye brow and his holy symbol, "second time is the charm?" he says as he tries to make the creature back down once again.

the rest of the group keeps trying to climb down.

initiative:
Wenzel: [roll0]
Sura: [roll1]

rebuke undead checks:
[roll2]
[roll3]
I want to allocate my research to infraestructure mostly, generally improving the quality of life of the people, I guess a couple of decanters of endless water would do it for now, also streamlining the production of alchemical items, so that they become more common and easier to produce.

thethird
2016-10-03, 02:09 PM
Sorry I missed those balance checks (firing from prone incurs no penalties at least, I'm guessing Hanala is firing and yelling while she falls towards the dragon turtle)

Hanala [roll0]
Alesia [roll1]

Elbeyon
2016-10-03, 04:01 PM

OoC: Two combats at once is the beauty of pbp and a month of ig time!

Initiative [roll0]

Thrune wobbles around on the ship as it starts to capsize. Nearly falling over half a dozen times, she uses her flight to brace herself against the ship's movement.

The boat is driving sideways! She seems genuinely impressed despite her green liver. Are boats suppose to do that? She has to think for a bit on the matter. The materials gravity can be soo confusing sometimes. The boat jolts again and she catches the contents of her stomach at the top of her throat. She tries to balance [roll1] with the aid of her flight.

Nope, this is all wrong. She pulls a scroll from her small backpack and goes to read it. The scroll mimics Raise from the deep (Spell Compendium, p. 165). She puts the finishing touches on the spell and targets the boat below her. The whole thing has little fair. The spell simply requires a few magical words to complete. After reading, she quickly closes the scroll.

Standard: Use scroll: raise from the deep.
Move: Draw scroll from handy Haversack.
Free: 5-foot step into the air (hover).

Acanous
2016-10-03, 10:12 PM
You successfully rebuke the mummy, who bows to you. (at 1/3rd HP :p)
Your compatriots make it into the basement.
Province stuff:
You gain 1500gp from taxation this month.
You gain a further 421 from Production and trade (I don't have a project down for last month, correct me if I'm wrong)
events: A Plague strikes your people, and sickness carries on the winds. Further, those who fall to the plague rise again as zombies three days later! Panic and despair grips your people, and if not dealt with you can expect no taxes next month.

The Dragon Turtle is paralysed and sinks below the waves as the Drowry rises. It rights itself (triggering another balance check) and now seems totally fine. Hanlana spots Abrogail hovering above the deck.
Abrogail gains 1800 XP. Hanlana gains 1400 XP. (Calculate cohort XP accordingly).
Your guest is flat on his back and nearly got tossed overboard.

You gain 833 GP from taxation.
You have no Production, and must pay workers independently.
Your research is flying by, though I don't remember offhand what you were doing- remind me and I'll tick it off.
Events: The Shipwright's Guild offers you a discount on construction projects this month. If you'd like to commission ships, the labour is half off.

So that one combat done, you're still in a necropolis, and it lacks surface defenders.

Also, province stuff for the month.
You had production set to supply gathering, so that happens. Research was going into gateways? I don't recall offhand.
You gain 1500 GP from taxation.
Events: Your military has been reporting issues with spirits out in the jungle. They treat it with superstitious fear and refuse to patrol outside the city walls.

Seeing your open borders, MORE refugees pour in from the south, fleeing plague. Your population may increase permanently by 1. Alternatively, you may press gang them into service and increase Warfare by 1 at the cost of public unrest. (Seriously that's 2 times you've gotten a 22 on Population events)
Your research progresses by one month.
You gain 1500 GP in taxes.
Your Production creates a lv 1 business affiliation.

Your production finishes, and you have enough equipment to outfit a new platoon of soldiers. Your scouting for Ankhegs has been successful! You found a small nest out by the Southern gem mines.
Your research how to domesticate the Ankhegs. It's pretty unusual going, but the Sentinels report they SHOULD have it done in 2 more months.
Events: Rivalry between guilds has spurred a price war. All nonmagical items are 10% off for the rest of the month.

Adventurers have recovered this cleric. He seems to be out of his mind, speaking in odd tongues, talking about tentacled beasts from the deeps. His wits are addled, but you can get some magic out of him.
You gain 1500 GP from taxation. Minus the bounty, this gives you 500 GP income.
you gain a further 842 GP from trade and production.
Events: Adventuring through the swamp has hardened your soldiers. They rise to level 2.

could those who made mass Know: Nobility posts please let me know who I've not given them yet?

Elbeyon
2016-10-03, 10:39 PM
So that one combat done, you're still in a necropolis, and it lacks surface defenders.

Also, province stuff for the month.
You had production set to supply gathering, so that happens. Research was going into gateways? I don't recall offhand.
You gain 1500 GP from taxation.
Events: Your military has been reporting issues with spirits out in the jungle. They treat it with superstitious fear and refuse to patrol outside the city walls.
Doing province stuff, bear with.

I'm not adding anything new here. Just answering the requested clarification.

I spent a nice chunk of my stronghold money on opening Permanent Teleportation Circle between my cities (using starting pre-purchased services after the game started). One portal in each city leading to Ego (the capital) Fortress and one back to the city.

She also opened up a gate that leads to the City of Union and Back again.

I wanted to establish trade pacts with Hanlana's nation and get a trade pact with the City of Union. (I don't know the cost, but I'll pay for it.)

I'm looking to make a profit on other people wanting to make money. If I'm short on cash; I was thinking other people would try to get some money too. Figured I could become a bit of a trade hub for the league.

I declared spending tech and production on doing that last bit (trade pacts. I would declare more, but I don't know how much one costs.). I figure some production and education (technology) were needed to fully utilize the cities new portals.

Acanous
2016-10-03, 10:51 PM
ahh ok. You're WITH Hanlana right now, so you can discuss it IC and save some coin. Your production nets you 421 GP per point this turn, in that case.

Elbeyon
2016-10-03, 11:01 PM
ahh ok. You're WITH Hanlana right now, so you can discuss it IC and save some coin. Your production nets you 421 GP per point this turn, in that case.

Awesome! I'll make sure to do so. I'll wait for thethird posts on that one. It's their thread and I'm the guest. I'll wait.

I added this/last turns coins to Ego Stronghold's coffers.

Sorry, if my providence post was too messy/had to understand. I'll try to be more clear/mechanical in those posts from now on. >. > I was just kinda throwing something together real quick. Future plans will be less rushed.

Triskavanski
2016-10-03, 11:23 PM
Vincent takes his time caring for the other priest, listening to his stories, tapping on to his own knowleges of lore and history to figure out what the old codger is talking about. Meanwhile plans go into motion to build a freestanding wall encircling the strong hold, between him and Annabelle, the both could produce a number of unseen crafters a day, that last for days. His lasting 6 or 12 days, hers lasting only 4 days.

He sends his soldiers (about 25% of them) to scout the surrounding lands, to bring back corpses or find more sources of resources, while looking for the best path to the city on the edge of the swamp in order to fortify it in the coming months increasing trade between the strong hold and the outside world.

However above all, the main order for the scouting party is to remain safe, reporting back any hazards within the swamps.

Acanous
2016-10-03, 11:29 PM
give me a knowledge: dungeoneering if you could.

Triskavanski
2016-10-03, 11:35 PM
Lore [roll0]
Dungeoneering [roll1]

Acanous
2016-10-03, 11:38 PM
he's certainly talking about an aquatic aberration of some kind. You recognize the babbling as fragments of the Aklo language.

thethird
2016-10-03, 11:48 PM
You have no Production, and must pay workers independently.
Your research is flying by, though I don't remember offhand what you were doing- remind me and I'll tick it off.
Events: The Shipwright's Guild offers you a discount on construction projects this month. If you'd like to commission ships, the labour is half off.

10 k in salt (or i guess 9k) were invested in raising production)

Acanous
2016-10-03, 11:50 PM
right. You have effectively production 2 for one turn or a permanent increase to 1.

Elbeyon
2016-10-03, 11:56 PM
So that one combat done, you're still in a necropolis, and it lacks surface defenders.?

OoC: I've only got knowledge nobility info on my own team. I'd at least like it on my neighbors (I have a piece of land touching the blue team.) The other can wait way longer. P:

Thrune will make her way in, and start exploring seeing if there is anything of interest.

Senses (Full list):
Darkvision: 60 ft.
Low-Light Vision
See In Darkness
Blindsight 240 ft.
Telepathic Awareness 350 ft.
Detect Evil 60 ft.
Detect Snares and Pits 60 ft.
Discern Lies 75 ft. (DC 22)
See Invisibility
True Seeing

Sneaking: Hide Take 10+33; Move Silently Take 10+33
Searching: Spot Take 10+37; Listen Take 10+38; Search Take 10+34

thethird
2016-10-04, 12:04 AM
right. You have effectively production 2 for one turn or a permanent increase to 1.

permanent 1 please. How much to raise it to 2?

Elbeyon
2016-10-04, 12:27 AM

Thrune will call up Hanala on the mirror one day. "Starbound!" Puppy the imp is seen running in the background & tormenting some fire lizards. A jolly tune playing in the background. "How you doing?" She props her feet up on her desk and takes a sip of her drink. She chuckles and shakes her head. "Listen, did you notice me trying to steal away some of your business success last month? No? It didn't go too well." She shakes her head again.

"I tried getting a trade route going, but these things are so hard to do unofficially. Soo, I'm being lazy and calling you up personally to harass you into some sort of deal. Listen, I'd flay a man for this. Really, this is so unsociable. I should really try to steal your business instead of play some type of national ball game. I opened up portals all throughout my land last month..."

She sits up and leans on her desk, all lazy, while her animated cup feeds her spoonfuls of coffee. "I won't say where to. Between all my cities... And, somewhere else. That's the secret part. You'll have to visit to find out."

"How about it? Would you like to join me on a higher planar field and do some interplanar trading? I'd do it myself, but my nation is sooo pathetic. They work and work and barely make anything to sell. And, that means I can't buy things..." She sighs. "I want to go shopping so bad. I've already starting establishing a trade pact through the portal. I'm sure we can make this work. How about you make me look bad and I steal part of the pie?"

Acanous
2016-10-04, 12:38 AM
15k. also your guest is still there.
Lord Petrus Alastair, high cleric of Chryse is bordering you. He's kind of like Lathander. His temple is his stronghold, and his army is mostly paladin's.

Elbeyon
2016-10-04, 12:49 AM
Lord Petrus Alastair, high cleric of Chryse is bordering you. He's kind of like Lathander. His temple is his stronghold, and his army is mostly paladin's.
Boo Lathander D: He's not going to like my character.

Is that blue or black team? I'm touching two nations (So, at least two kingdoms?). :smalleek:

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag124/Elbeyon/Tokens/Three%20Kingdoms%20Map_zpsrhaiskfc.png

Triskavanski
2016-10-04, 12:50 AM
Vincent alerts the troops via messengers if they're to far out to keep watch for the creatures of tentecels. The last campaign drive worked well enough that he could offer more quests for hapless adventurers. Perhaps smaller ones to start them up.

Acanous
2016-10-04, 12:53 AM
Boo Lathander D: He's not going to like my character.

Is that blue or black team? I'm touching two nations (So, at least two kingdoms?). :smalleek:

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag124/Elbeyon/Tokens/Three%20Kingdoms%20Map_zpsrhaiskfc.png
Blue. Black team is less done as a whole.
you put a call out for adventurers. Whats the quest and rewards?

thethird
2016-10-04, 01:03 AM
The Dragon Turtle is paralysed and sinks below the waves as the Drowry rises. It rights itself (triggering another balance check) and now seems totally fine. Hanlana spots Abrogail hovering above the deck.
Abrogail gains 1800 XP. Hanlana gains 1400 XP. (Calculate cohort XP accordingly).
Your guest is flat on his back and nearly got tossed overboard.
could those who made mass Know: Nobility posts please let me know who I've not given them yet?

I made a knowledge check on my guest.

Balance roll [1d20+3[/roll] (H), [1d20+1[/roll] (A)

If any fall to the ground they are going to spend the round standing up. The trap is preparing fabricate, fabricate, control water, repair serious damage, repair serious damage, alter self. Getting it into the rings. Plan is to cast fabricate in the broken pieces of the ship to speed repair them, repair damage so they get the hit points back and the control water to lower the level of the water inside the ship.

Hanala is angry. Really angry. She turns to her "guest" with her eyes still bright blue from the arcane sight spell. Any auras, on the guest.

She walks, if she can, towards him while at the same time Mr Handy, the homunculus valet, comes at the guest back.

"You! I should tie you to my ship's ram and go **** all your navy's arse with it. I have been nothing but fair with you. And you, you have a goddamned cloaca for a mouth. So now I'm going to be crystal clear with you. And the only words that are going to come out of your asslicking mouth are "Yes, Captain Starbound". You have landed enemies on the League's land. You have enchanted trade partners of mine and maneuvered them into attacking me. That counts as an attack on the League you dimwit. And the league is going to respond in kind. Every last one of us is going to pool all our resources on a personal vendetta against you. I will get your skull as a drinking cup! Unless you do what you came here to do.

You came here to establish a god willing trading deal. I got you into my ship to talk about it, break fast, and spill the salt. But you are no honorable guest and I should tie you to the rigging and let you drying until you brittle into dust. So hear me out. This are the terms. You are going to give us, right now, six pints of your blood. That's going to be a collateral. Then you are going to sign what I'm going to put in front of you. A trade agreement. By which the seasalt principalty is going to send to your ports a hundred thousand pounds of salt monthly for the next year. And you are going to pay in a fair value, nothing more nothing less, in whatever good I deem necessary. During that time I'm going to keep your consort as a guest. If something happens to any of my ships on the meantime. Anything. Whether you had a play on it or the bitch queen simply got funny with storms I'm going to do to her what you did to my beloved. So you better pray to the golden lady that your deal is fruitful.

Then you are going to negotiate with Miss Thrune, who laboriously kept this ship you tried so hard to sink while you were standing on it from sinking, the best trade route she's ever seen. And while doing so you will remember that she will have a pint of your blood. So you are going to be extra nice.

So what do you say you piece of guano?"

OoC: I'm on principle opposed to killing fellow PCs specially on the first turn.

Triskavanski
2016-10-04, 01:19 AM
Vincent puts out a very basic quest this time around, 30gp for swamp squid corpses per corpse. Though the announcement would be later on, given shop keepers in the town know that this is going on so they can work on creatings spears, swamp squid nets, and swamp squid bait. He doesn't expect as high of a turn around rate this time around though.

The notice does mention that adventurers could inquire more information, though that information would end up being that it is unknown exactly what the swamp squids are, only that they live in the marshes and have tenticals, and aporximently around the location where they were thought to have been.

Vincent comes to sit in front of his mirror again, still covered to prevent those other otherside from seeing in, but should be able to alert him if someone is trying to reach him.

Elbeyon
2016-10-04, 01:30 AM
OoC: thethird I posted a mirror conversation up above. Just in case you missed it.

Thrune giggles at the "guests" embarrassing situation. She struggles hard to hold back a full-out laugh.

"I should have brought Puppy! She claps. "It would have loved this."

She shakes her head. "I was here to do a trade deal. Just not one of this sort. If you don't mind me setting my own terms. I would take a trade deal.... but I rather do it on more equal terms sometime later. How about an alternate agreement, hm? I want the guest to join me in a ritual. It's a simple but long divination of sorts. I just want to take a peek into those beautiful eyes without resistance. Nothing too harmful, right?" She crackles at the unreasonable deal.

thethird
2016-10-04, 02:19 AM

Thrune will call up Hanala on the mirror one day. "Starbound!" Puppy the imp is seen running in the background & tormenting some fire lizards. A jolly tune playing in the background. "How you doing?" She props her feet up on her desk and takes a sip of her drink. She chuckles and shakes her head. "Listen, did you notice me trying to steal away some of your business success last month? No? It didn't go too well." She shakes her head again.

"I tried getting a trade route going, but these things are so hard to do unofficially. Soo, I'm being lazy and calling you up personally to harass you into some sort of deal. Listen, I'd flay a man for this. Really, this is so unsociable. I should really try to steal your business instead of play some type of national ball game. I opened up portals all throughout my land last month..."

She sits up and leans on her desk, all lazy, while her animated cup feeds her spoonfuls of coffee. "I won't say where to. Between all my cities... And, somewhere else. That's the secret part. You'll have to visit to find out."

"How about it? Would you like to join me on a higher planar field and do some interplanar trading? I'd do it myself, but my nation is sooo pathetic. They work and work and barely make anything to sell. And, that means I can't buy things..." She sighs. "I want to go shopping so bad. I've already starting establishing a trade pact through the portal. I'm sure we can make this work. How about you make me look bad and I steal part of the pie?"

OoC: Time is such a fickle concept.

Hanala smiles and nods at Thrune.

"Well the Principalty isn't great in producing things either. But we know how to play the markets and get things from where their prices are low to where their prices are high. Alesia is the one most skilled with playing the markets, I'm sure she can be of help if you want. Why don't you teleport here and pick her up? That's probably the most expeditious way of handling it."

Elbeyon
2016-10-04, 02:44 AM
OoC: Time is such a fickle concept.

Hanala smiles and nods at Thrune.

"Well the Principalty isn't great in producing things either. But we know how to play the markets and get things from where their prices are low to where their prices are high. Alesia is the one most skilled with playing the markets, I'm sure she can be of help if you want. Why don't you teleport here and pick her up? That's probably the most expeditious way of handling it."
OoC: Isn't it! I didn't have a very productive last turn. I need to make up for it.

She seems surprised at Principalty's capabilities. She grumbles and yells at her spoon. "More sugar!" It runs back and forth off-screen dumping cube after cube until her coffee turns gritty.

"That's not quite what I had in mind..." She grumbles some more. "I should have just pirated everything." Your really dragging me over the coals here. I might die of shame. I wish you could cast mind control through these stupid mirrors. "

"I'll be frank. You be Thrune. Listen, I'd love to establish a mutually benefit trade agreement. We have no problems there. The thing is I paid to build up access to this massive market and I'm not about to hand that acess over without being properly compensated. This stupid league has restrictions on stupid high tariffs. We can break that, or I can buy your excess goods for a fair price and re-sell on that. I want half the soul either way.

thethird
2016-10-04, 06:47 AM
OoC: Isn't it! I didn't have a very productive last turn. I need to make up for it.

She seems surprised at Principalty's capabilities. She grumbles and yells at her spoon. "More sugar!" It runs back and forth off-screen dumping cube after cube until her coffee turns gritty.

"That's not quite what I had in mind..." She grumbles some more. "I should have just pirated everything." Your really dragging me over the coals here. I might die of shame. I wish you could cast mind control through these stupid mirrors. "

"I'll be frank. You be Thrune. Listen, I'd love to establish a mutually benefit trade agreement. We have no problems there. The thing is I paid to build up access to this massive market and I'm not about to hand that acess over without being properly compensated. This stupid league has restrictions on stupid high tariffs. We can break that, or I can buy your excess goods for a fair price and re-sell on that. I want half the soul either way.

"What about salt? I can provide you with as much salt as you can sell. We can split the benefits half, and half. If you want. Salt is about 5 gp a pound. Or if you want the whole wealth I will be fine with payment on some of that juice that you mentioned long ago, the one that eases crafting. Does that sound more up your alley?"

neriractor
2016-10-04, 10:29 AM
I try to see if I speak the same language as the mummy and ask it for directions, if provided he´ll follow them, if he doesn´t get them he´ll just check the room, and if he finds nothing follow the stairs downwards, same with the group.

diplomacy to get the mummy to talk: [roll0]
as for proyects, I think there was redirecting the river, increasing the troops and research to streamline alchemical properties but I´m not sure those count.

anyway, I´m going to cancel the alchemical research and the troop increase (I do hope the river gets redirected, but I´m no expert so it may just be taking sometime). I´m swaping the research points to investigate a cure or at least to slow down the new disease, and investing 1000 gp in a training program for new priests (both clerics and dread necromancers) so we can put the undead to good use. as a short-term solution I´m guessing something like Quarentine and surgical masks for those treating the diseased would do us good.

While the new priests are getting trained all others should enter mandatory service, leaving their regular duties (just the ones with class features, experts and the like can keep up the cremonies for the population morale). And the military must be ready to take on any zombie uprisings.

also, what did happen with the scouts I sent to the south and east? did they die? can´t they report or do reports take a month?

also, sorry that I haven´t been able to finish the stronghold, I don´t think I´ll put anything too crazy in it but I bet it must be annoying for you :smallsigh:

if you can´t find the post for the research and production orders I´ll link them, I know running a game of this magnitude must be a real pain just for handling all the conversation, let alone keeping track of everything :smallsmile:

Acanous
2016-10-04, 01:04 PM
"What would you ask of me?" the Mummy says in Common.

Right, redirecting rivers. That's going. You have the beginnings of a dam, but it'll be a bit. Your forces start taking on the undead problem. The scout you sent South lets you know there are wastelands for the exploring and capture. The scout you sent East... does not report back.

Acanous
2016-10-04, 01:07 PM
Sorry, no auras on the guest. If you beat a 20 on that Know: Nobility, it's Eos, Lord of the Free City, which is south and East of your island, in that cove right there.

thethird
2016-10-04, 01:52 PM
The Balance Rolls somehow failed before.

H: [roll0]
A: [roll1]

Population (1): Now that I've got more food I want to increase the population. The state is going to provide a bonus to new born children. How much would it be to raise population from 1 (as it currently is) to 2?
Economy (3): Again get salt in the market, in Thrune's shady market (how much salt can that take?) and hopefully in Eos market. Can I do anything else with economy? Perhaps get a discount on the equipment for new soldiers?
Production (1): The production resources should go into making more children.
Warfare (2+1): I want to raise a regiment of druids, with the states described below. (I'm assuming that most of my island is forest terrain if this is NOT the case please correct me).
Technology (2+1): By the end of the month I should have access to aboleth glyphs and to talismans.

Druids stats
Kagonesti Deadly Hunter Druids lvl 1, Stats: 10, 15, 14, 10, 15, 8
Racial features:
Immune to sleep +2 to resist enchantment
+2 listen, search, spot (detect secret doors)
+1 k. (Nature), +1 Survival
Weap prof: shortsword, longspear, shortbow, longbow
Elvensight: (lowlight vision + darkvision)

Class Features:
Animal Companion Urban Companion (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a) Lemmings (Frostburn) (+2 to spot, listen)
Nature sense: +2 to survival, k. (Nature)
Wild Empathy: 1d20 to influence animals
Bonus to AC when unarmored: +2 (from wisdom)
fast movement: +10
favored (enemy) favored terrain (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm): warm forest, +2 Hide, k. (Nature), Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Survival
Track (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#track) (bonus feat)
Alertness (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#alertness) (bonus feat)

Skills: Listen, Ride, Spot, Survival
Feats: Forester (+1 Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot; raises to +3 in forest)

Equipment:
Each of them: 1 composite bow (+0) [100 gp], 1 longspear [5 gp], 1 jungle outfit (secrets of xendrik) [20 gp] (+2 hide in jungle), 1 forester's cloak (arms and equipment guide) [20 gp] (+1 hide in jungle), 1 pair of silent shoes (arms and equipment guide) [10 gp] (+1 to move silently). Each should craft their own (normal) arrows on the wild. Hanala and Mr Crafty are going to craft the equipment.

Relevant skill bonuses (in jungle):

Hide: +2 (Dex), +2 (F. Terrain), +3 (Forester), +2 (Jungle Outfit), +1 (Forester's cloak) = +10
K. (Nature): + 1 (Race) + 2 (Nature Sense) + 2 (F. Terrain) = +5
Listen: +2 (Wis), +2 (Race), +2 (F. Terrain), +2 (Lemming), +2 (Alertness) +3 (Forester), +4 (Ranks) = +17
M. Silently: +2 (Dex), +2 (F. Terrain), +3 (Forester), +1 (silent shoes) = +8
Ride: +2 (Dex), +4 (Ranks) = +6
Spot: +2 (Wis), +2 (Race), +2 (F. Terrain), +2 (Lemming), +2 (Alertness) +3 (Forester), +4 (Ranks) = +17
Survival: +2 (Wis), +1 (Race), +2 (Nature Sense), +2 (F. Terrain) +4 (Ranks) = +11

100 * 155 * 1/3 * 0.5 = 2583 gp in equipment. How much to raise them? I'm guessing that since I've got effectively warfare 3 getting this guys going shouldn't be too difficult. (is it a regiment per point of warfare?)

Can I sent my two other regiments, wizards and fighters to boot camp?

Sorry, no auras on the guest. If you beat a 20 on that Know: Nobility, it's Eos, Lord of the Free City, which is south and East of your island, in that cove right there.

That's doable taking 10.

Also please a hundred thousand pounds was really unreasonable, let's go with only ten thousand pounds, please. I doubt Eos market can take that much salt a month and I don't want to crash his market.

Edit: Now that I think about it, wasn't I going to get xp from making Eos' ship run away?

neriractor
2016-10-04, 02:44 PM
"What would you ask of me?" the Mummy says in Common.

Right, redirecting rivers. That's going. You have the beginnings of a dam, but it'll be a bit. Your forces start taking on the undead problem. The scout you sent South lets you know there are wastelands for the exploring and capture. The scout you sent East... does not report back.

"I ask nothing but passage in your place of rest, I believe there is things that may be of interest to me in here and I want you as a guide, for your help you will be rewarded, ancient one.

The world has changed, you can direct the mortal masses alongside me... if you prove useful, after I take what I want from this tower it will be yours if you choose to stay on it. Afterwards you are in complete freedom to remain as you are. Unless of course you wish to make something of your eternity and serve me" Wenzel lets the mummy think about what he said and asks the group to wait before they move on.

Can an action be taken for each of the modifiers?(population, warfare,etc) if I mix several will it go faster? Example: if I make the druids on my army gather medicinal herbs and the stills produce medicine, would the disease cure faster because I´m using both warfare and production on it? :smallconfused: (I´m not doing that, just wannt to know)

Elbeyon
2016-10-04, 03:40 PM
"What about salt? I can provide you with as much salt as you can sell. We can split the benefits half, and half. If you want. Salt is about 5 gp a pound. Or if you want the whole wealth I will be fine with payment on some of that juice that you mentioned long ago, the one that eases crafting. Does that sound more up your alley?"

She sits up with a grin. "New coffee", she commands her cup. "There is so much salt here" She chuckles. "Such trappings."

"I did say I wanted half the pie. Let's split the profits. No reason to create any animosity here. You'll get half the gold from salt you never would have sold, and I'll get half the gold from salt I never would have had."

"That's a special sort of trade deal though. It could hardly include all of our people. Deliveries between on a single good could nearly be done in private. Let's make something a little more widespread. You're a master of the sea. I have no ports. I live in a jungle. You need materials to build your ships. I'm sure we can work something out. How about stabilizing our wants and desires a little between our nations. We should do a proper trade agreement."

"As for the juice..." She smiles a devilish grin. "It's free."

"Would you accept me setting up a teleportation circle in your land somewhere? Somewhere where we can trade? I really am running low on cash so this might be the big last investment from me until our salt deal pays off. I did say I was a big spender." She shakes her head.

thethird
2016-10-04, 03:52 PM

She sits up with a grin. "New coffee", she commands her cup. "There is so much salt here" She chuckles. "Such trappings."

"I did say I wanted half the pie. Let's split the profits. No reason to create any animosity here. You'll get half the gold from salt you never would have sold, and I'll get half the gold from salt I never would have had."

"That's a special sort of trade deal though. It could hardly include all of our people. Deliveries between on a single good could nearly be done in private. Let's make something a little more widespread. You're a master of the sea. I have no ports. I live in a jungle. You need materials to build your ships. I'm sure we can work something out. How about stabilizing our wants and desires a little between our nations. We should do a proper trade agreement."

"As for the juice..." She smiles a devilish grin. "It's free."

"Would you accept me setting up a teleportation circle in your land somewhere? Somewhere where we can trade? I really am running low on cash so this might be the big last investment from me until our salt deal pays off. I did say I was a big spender." She shakes her head.

Hanala takes out her hat and throws a laugh.

If you get me the juice I'll build the circle myself. It probably won't be exactly what you've got in mind but I assure you... You will be happily surprised.

Elbeyon
2016-10-04, 04:18 PM
Hanala takes out her hat and throws a laugh.

If you get me the juice I'll build the circle myself. It probably won't be exactly what you've got in mind but I assure you... You will be happily surprised.

"Wonderful! I love surprises! Obviously, I should have tried harder to steal from you." She shakes her head. "I'll prepare a celebration for the circle. I'll let you know that all my circles connect to my capital stronghold. I've refitted it to work on a new type of border. I hope that doesn't cause any stress."

She chuckles. "Portals can be shut down. So, I do hope you don't consider it too big of a security risk. Maybe, we should form a more neutral nexus? I have my national nexus. Perhaps, we should work together to form a nexus for kingdoms. A city with a ruler of two? Maybe more in the future."

Cancel that last Idea. I'm too lazy to try to run a neutral city.

thethird
2016-10-05, 12:31 PM

"Wonderful! I love surprises! Obviously, I should have tried harder to steal from you." She shakes her head. "I'll prepare a celebration for the circle. I'll let you know that all my circles connect to my capital stronghold. I've refitted it to work on a new type of border. I hope that doesn't cause any stress."

She chuckles. "Portals can be shut down. So, I do hope you don't consider it too big of a security risk. Maybe, we should form a more neutral nexus? I have my national nexus. Perhaps, we should work together to form a nexus for kingdoms. A city with a ruler of two? Maybe more in the future."

Cancel that last Idea. I'm too lazy to try to run a neutral city.

Hanala scratches her chin. And then smiles.

"Actually I've got a better idea. If you are fine with providing me with some of that liquid enabler up front I can get more than salt. Stone, coral and iron. And as far as I understand you want the circle to be able to get the goods from where they are to your market, don't you? I can make something cheaper. And most likely more useful. I can get my ship there. To where you are, or to anywhere really."

Population (1): Now that I've got more food I want to increase the population. The state is going to provide a bonus to new born children. How much would it be to raise population from 1 (as it currently is) to 2? I need liquid cash, so not expending extra.
Economy (3): Again get salt in the market, in Thrune's shady market (how much salt can that take?) and hopefully in Eos market. Can I do anything else with economy? Perhaps get a discount on the equipment for new soldiers?
Production (1): The production resources should go into making more children. How much do I get?
Warfare (2+1): I want to raise a regiment of druids, with the states described below. (I'm assuming that most of my island is forest terrain if this is NOT the case please correct me).
Technology (2+1): By the end of the month I should have access to aboleth glyphs and to talismans.

Druids stats
Kagonesti Deadly Hunter Druids lvl 1, Stats: 10, 15, 14, 10, 15, 8
Racial features:
Immune to sleep +2 to resist enchantment
+2 listen, search, spot (detect secret doors)
+1 k. (Nature), +1 Survival
Weap prof: shortsword, longspear, shortbow, longbow
Elvensight: (lowlight vision + darkvision)

Class Features:
Animal Companion Urban Companion (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a) Lemmings (Frostburn) (+2 to spot, listen)
Nature sense: +2 to survival, k. (Nature)
Wild Empathy: 1d20 to influence animals
Bonus to AC when unarmored: +2 (from wisdom)
fast movement: +10
favored (enemy) favored terrain (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm): warm forest, +2 Hide, k. (Nature), Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Survival
Track (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#track) (bonus feat)
Alertness (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#alertness) (bonus feat)

Skills: Listen, Ride, Spot, Survival
Feats: Forester (+1 Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot; raises to +3 in forest)

Equipment:
Each of them: 1 composite bow (+0) [100 gp], 1 longspear [5 gp], 1 jungle outfit (secrets of xendrik) [20 gp] (+2 hide in jungle), 1 forester's cloak (arms and equipment guide) [20 gp] (+1 hide in jungle), 1 pair of silent shoes (arms and equipment guide) [10 gp] (+1 to move silently). Each should craft their own (normal) arrows on the wild. Hanala and Mr Crafty are going to craft the equipment.

Relevant skill bonuses (in jungle):

Hide: +2 (Dex), +2 (F. Terrain), +3 (Forester), +2 (Jungle Outfit), +1 (Forester's cloak) = +10
K. (Nature): + 1 (Race) + 2 (Nature Sense) + 2 (F. Terrain) = +5
Listen: +2 (Wis), +2 (Race), +2 (F. Terrain), +2 (Lemming), +2 (Alertness) +3 (Forester), +4 (Ranks) = +17
M. Silently: +2 (Dex), +2 (F. Terrain), +3 (Forester), +1 (silent shoes) = +8
Ride: +2 (Dex), +4 (Ranks) = +6
Spot: +2 (Wis), +2 (Race), +2 (F. Terrain), +2 (Lemming), +2 (Alertness) +3 (Forester), +4 (Ranks) = +17
Survival: +2 (Wis), +1 (Race), +2 (Nature Sense), +2 (F. Terrain) +4 (Ranks) = +11

100 * 155 * 1/3 * 0.5 = 2583 gp in equipment. How much to raise them? I'm guessing that since I've got effectively warfare 3 getting this guys going shouldn't be too difficult. (is it a regiment per point of warfare?)

Can I sent my two other regiments, wizards and fighters to boot camp?

I made some changes.

Edit

soonish after getting the dragon paralyzed hanala is going to cherritap it to death by some mean that can be backtracked to her, like using sumons. Then the corpse will be dragged into Port.

Hanala's tactics to deal with the turtle den is simple. Use divination spells (lay of the land, arcane eye, speak with the dead, arcane sight, true seeing) from the safety of the coast to get Intel in the turtle's den. Then summon fiendish octopuses to trigger any mechanical trap and to see if there is anything she missed. Whenever she is sure she has everything covered she will cast omen of peril three times if the spell hints at danger from going into the dragon's nest she will repeat the examination process. Let me know what comes out of this

I sent 200 soldiers to capture a much smaller group. Were they successful?

Elbeyon
2016-10-05, 03:50 PM
Hanala scratches her chin. And then smiles.

"Actually I've got a better idea. If you are fine with providing me with some of that liquid enabler up front I can get more than salt. Stone, coral and iron. And as far as I understand you want the circle to be able to get the goods from where they are to your market, don't you? I can make something cheaper. And most likely more useful. I can get my ship there. To where you are, or to anywhere really."

She hms. "Interesting." She thinks on it a moment. "You trying to read my mind? The circle cuts the string that would separate our nations."

"The salt could be done something as a private venture, but I want your cities. Not just a single good."

OoC: Thrune wants a trade agreement w/ the dms system and with your nation.

crowe
2016-10-08, 06:00 PM
Paquin, my noble scribe, let's see what's on the agenda today.

Population: 3 (+1 from last month due to refugees.)
Warfare: 1 (+1 Leader Bonus)
Technology: 1 (Currently Researching Craft arms and armour)

Keeper Sindarin, are a beacon of hope to many peoples, and refugees are continuing to flood in. We must do what we can to welcome these people with open arms. Please take this months tax collections and apply it towards housing for the new refugees. {Taking another +1 Population, adding housing to reduce unrest.}

Archimedes, please continue your research on magical armanents.

Please continue to drill and train our sorcerors, true experience is always the best, but training never hurt.

please infiltrate a team of scouts into Fayette

Langdon, what other lands lay to our east.

thethird
2016-10-09, 11:14 AM

She hms. "Interesting." She thinks on it a moment. "You trying to read my mind? The circle cuts the string that would separate our nations."

"The salt could be done something as a private venture, but I want your cities. Not just a single good."

OoC: Thrune wants a trade agreement w/ the dms system and with your nation.

Hanala nods.

"Consider it done then. My people will contact you with a first batch, along with a request for the ambrosia."

Hanala has 30 crafting days too, whether she is crafting herself or she is using the dedicated wright.

She spends 18 improving the salt trap within the widow's drowry to also be able to cast wall of iron, then she spends 8 more improving it again to be able to cast wall of stone, and 8 more days to cast coral growth.

She uses the wealth generated by wall of salt to cover for the expenses of the wall of iron trap, and then uses iron to improve it further. She also uses ambrosia provided by Abrogail.

The Glyphstone
2016-10-09, 10:33 PM
Your production finishes, and you have enough equipment to outfit a new platoon of soldiers. Your scouting for Ankhegs has been successful! You found a small nest out by the Southern gem mines.
Your research how to domesticate the Ankhegs. It's pretty unusual going, but the Sentinels report they SHOULD have it done in 2 more months.
Events: Rivalry between guilds has spurred a price war. All nonmagical items are 10% off for the rest of the month.

Continue production for outfitting the soldiers as they are trained.
Continue training soldiers (Warfare boost, ??? Months to Completion
Continue digging out new living space and farms (Population boost, ??? Months to completion)
Continue researching Ankheg Domestication (2 Months to completion)
New: Send scouts to reconnoiter the wild southern borders, for potential threats or interesting discoveries.
New: Conducting research in my library for all other lords that I know of, allies and enemies. Taking 10 gets me DC15, taking 20 gets me DC25.