PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday (yes the DC character)

j_spencer93
2016-09-28, 08:05 PM
So I am making a unique NPC based on Doomsday that may or may not make it into a game at some point. Anyways, I have pretty much everything figured out except for his adaptability.

Each time he is killed he is supposed to come back immune to whatever killed him before. I want to actually make this into an ability along with something that increases his HD and CR each time but I can't really get anything interesting.
Any ideas?

Grod_The_Giant
2016-09-28, 08:07 PM
I mean, his CR would tick up as he acquires new immunities, I guess. Or you could new offensive stuff as well, based on the manner of his last death. He gets burnt to death? Now he can radiating a killing cold and snuff out nearby fires. He gets stabbed? Now he's covered with spikes that hurt you every time you touch him. That sort of thing.

j_spencer93
2016-09-28, 08:09 PM
That will work. Apparently im having an uninspired day. That is so simple i missed it.

Giant2005
2016-09-28, 08:10 PM
Isn't it fairly simple? Just give him immunity to whatever damage type finished him off.

j_spencer93
2016-09-28, 08:13 PM
That alone doesn't make him stronger each time. I am just having a hard time thinking of anything is why I came here to ask.
But yes, I am going to do that also. Have the way to defeat him already thought up.

So Far:
Death Adaptability
When Doomsday dies, he is reborn 1d6 days later within 1 mile of the location of his death. He gains immunity to the cause of his death (immunity against the damage type that dealt the lethal blow). Also, he takes a small characteristic of what killed him and incorporates it into his body. For example: if killed by a dagger, grows small spikes all over body (treat as if wearing spiked armor), if killed by fire his eyes and mouth leaks flames and he gains the breath attack of an adult read dragon, if killed by swords he gains a retractable sword on each wrist (deals damage as a cloud giant's greatsword).
Also, after being reborn, Doomsday gains +1 attribute in either Strength, Dexterity, or constitution.

arcane_asp
2016-09-29, 10:21 AM
Just the damage type immunity would seem to be enough, along with HD increasing in line with the PC's.

I seem to remember DC's Doomsday had an origin story where he was just a harmless child that went through the dying / being reconstituted / coming back stronger several times. Presumably he's already done that a few times when he meets your PC's? You could maybe give him a few random immunities to start with.#

Also, depends on how many times you're planning on having the PC's try to beat him. Once he's been slain by piercing, slashing & bludgeoning damage, normal weapons are out :smalleek:

j_spencer93
2016-09-29, 04:16 PM
Once he came back able to breath fire. Which was odd. But yea your origin about him is right