PDA

View Full Version : Player Help PF soulknife in a 3.x campaign

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-29, 09:44 AM
I started a PBP campaign with a dwarven generalist wizard (3.5, 5th level), and he got knocked out after casting Haste on the party 1st round. (There was an ambush, and he's probably not what any of you would call optimized). I love the character concept I have for him, but combat-wise his survivability is terrible.

Because it would take too much work for me to redo him with combat survivability in mind, I looked at the option of a new character. The DM has graciously allowed me to utilize the Pathfinder Soulknife (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife), with the Soulbolt (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/soulbolt) Archetype.

The rest of the character will be 3.5, to make things easy on both myself and the DM, and I am looking for advice on what to build/do as far as feat/blade skills/items go.

•Race: Human
•Level 5
•Ranged combatant, rest of the party is melee-based and a dragonfire adept.
•The class bonus feat at first level will be Point Blank Shot, so I can get Precise shot as well. Other than that, I don't know what feats to take.
•For Blade Skills, I was thinking Focused Offense and Close-Range Expert, and maybe Double Shot when I get to 6th, but would appreciate suggestions.
•I think most/all 3.5 books are allowed, but it's ask first for anything outside of core.
•Starting gold: 7000gp, with a 5000gp downpayment coming later on.
--No single item can be worth more than 4,500. If I want another item worth more than 2,500 GP I can can choose to earmark more of my gear as part of the down payment (for example a Necklace of Fireballs type II @ 2700gp).
--A skin of ectoplasmic armor for 3000gp from Complete Psionic is the only item on my wish list so far. (Also, could it be enchanted as armor?).
•I think most/all 3.5 books are allowed, but it's ask the DM first for anything outside of core.

Canine
2016-09-29, 10:00 AM
Obligatory (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?203014-3-P-Sharpening-the-Mind-A-Guide-to-the-Pathfinder-Soulknife), although it doesn't have a detailed Soulbolt section, it still rates most things for ranged builds as well as melee.

Combat Slide is another strong bladeskill, might be better than Close-Range Expert depending on how your fights usually work out.

I think most of the ranged combat feats work with the Soulbolt, so the Archery Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=642.0) is probably worth looking at.

I don't think the Skin of Ectoplasmic Armor can be enchanted, but you can always use +1 Bracers with whatever defensive modifiers you are looking for. Edit- I forgot, Soulbolts can also wield a buckler, if you wanted something a bit different from the Bracers.

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-29, 10:26 AM
Obligatory (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?203014-3-P-Sharpening-the-Mind-A-Guide-to-the-Pathfinder-Soulknife), although it doesn't have a detailed Soulbolt section, it still rates most things for ranged builds as well as melee.

Combat Slide is another strong bladeskill, might be better than Close-Range Expert depending on how your fights usually work out.

I think most of the ranged combat feats work with the Soulbolt, so the Archery Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=642.0) is probably worth looking at.

I don't think the Skin of Ectoplasmic Armor can be enchanted, but you can always use +1 Bracers with whatever defensive modifiers you are looking for. Edit- I forgot, Soulbolts can also wield a buckler, if you wanted something a bit different from the Bracers.

I think I saw Psyren's guide when I googled for help, and used it to weed out some of the blade skills and make a list of possibilities.

We've only had one fight so far, the aforementioned ambush. It was a survivability test, which my wizard failed.
Having looked at Combat Slide again, it is a contender.

I'll take a look shortly at the Archery Handbook.

I figured that would probably be the case. Will be looking into buckler/enchanted bracers of armor, though.

Canine
2016-09-29, 10:48 AM
Depending on how generous your DM is feeling, you could ask about the Gifted Blade archetype. It would make Focused Offense (and Focused Defense) that much better; squeezing Combat Expertise in with all of the archery feats could be annoying, but if survivability is an issue it might be worth it.

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-29, 05:05 PM
Gifted Blade could be interesting, but I have to weigh it against the abilities that require psychic strike to be expended. (I also have yet to check with the DM.)

Feat ideas so far:
Psionic Shot, Fell Shot, Return Shot
-If I could levitate/fly, I could attack with little fear of nonmagical retaliation.

Psionic Meditation
-psionic focus as a move action could be useful... and I just noticed concentration is not a class skill.
Should I add it to the skill list?

Would Zen Archery stack with focused offense? (I would guess not, but I figured I'd ask.)

Also, any good ways to get flight/levitation at my level?

digiman619
2016-09-29, 05:18 PM
Short of taking a level of Zealot or Warder (or the War Soul archetype) and taking the Unbroken Stride stance, not really.

Mehangel
2016-09-29, 09:41 PM

I took a look in the Psionics Augmented: Soulknives I, just to see if any flight/levitation blade skills were added, and unfortunately, the closest thing to levitation is the Psychic Platform, which is somewhat similar to a tensors floating disk. It doesnt move along with you, but if you have a Wisdom modifier of +2 or higher you can:

Step 1: Jump (As a Move action)
Step 2: Expend Focus (As an Immediate action) to create a floating platform beneath your feet.
Step 3: Regain Focus (As a Move or Standard action)
Step 4: Return to Step 1 on the following Round

Ualaa
2016-09-29, 09:54 PM
I'd take a hard look at 'Focused Offense' (as the level 2 Blade Skill) and 'Focused Defense' (as the level 4 Blade Skill).

Focused Offense lets you use your WIS (mod) to both attack and damage with melee attacks.
Focused Defense lets you add your WIS (mod) to your armor class, while you have Psionic Focus and are either fighting Defensively or using Combat Expertise.

That lets you use one stat for attack, damage and armor class.

The feat, 'Fighter's Blade' requires the 'Enhanced Mind Blade' class feature, which a Soulknife gets at 3rd level.
It boosts the blade skills & mind blade by four levels, but to no higher than their character level.
So you can essentially take four levels in other classes, without penalizing the progression of your Mind Blade.

If you take the 'Soulbolt' archetype, you lose the 'Enhanced Mind Blade' class feature, so cannot take 'Fighter's Blade'.
Otherwise I'd take a hard look at Soulbolt, but personally four levels in other classes without sacrificing the Mind Blade progression seems a lot stronger to me.

I'd look very hard at the 'Gifted Blade' archetype for the Soulknife. This lets you manifest powers, at two levels back of your Soulknife level, meaning you get your first power at Soulknife 3.
Force Screen (unaugmented) is still a 4 point (Shield) bonus to AC, which basically lasts an entire fight.
So you can go with a 2 Handed mind-blade, no shield, but still have the Shield bonus to AC.
AC is really important, with the Crane Riposte.

I know the title said in an otherwise 3.x campaign, but I'd take a look at Aegis (3) (also from Ultimate Psionics, like the Soulknife) and Monk (1) (from Pathfinder Core).
A core monk costs 1 BAB, but the unchained Monk doesn't qualify for the archetype 'Master of Many Styles' which dramatically improves 'Defensive Fighting', when the style chosen is Crane Style.

The Monk level gets WIS to AC, which some groups won't allow to stack with the Defensive Fighting in conjunction with 'Focused Defense' (WIS to AC twice, but both as Dodge bonuses which do stack), but then again other groups do allow it.
Given both the Monk and Soulknife are relatively low tier characters, many DMs won't have an issue with this... but best to check with yours.

Crane Style will reduce your penalty to attack rolls for 'Defensive Fighting' by two (so -2, instead of the normal -4) and it increases the benefit (Dodge bonus to AC) by one.
Three (or more ranks) in Acrobatics is also a +1 dodge bonus to AC, while fighting defensively.
This then means (-2 instead of -4, for attack rolls... and +4 dodge bonus to AC (with the two stacking +1 bonuses, one each from Crane Style and the ranks in Acrobatics) -- this is looking to be a better option now (-2 for +4).

Crane Wing is the next feat in the chain, and even as a Monk 2 (or 1 level in any other full BAB class) you will qualify by 2nd level (if a Monk (Master of Many Styles) is one of those two levels).
Crane Wing makes your AC four points higher, but only for melee attacks, and once an attack lands which would have missed you if you had not had Crane Wing, then the four point bonus is lost for until your next turn.
Crane Wing could be taken with a second level in Monk, but I'd recommend only one level in Monk... which means you'll need to have Dodge to take it; Dodge in Pathfinder is improved, it is a +1 Dodge bonus to AC vs everything, not just a specified target.

Crane Riposte is the final feat in the chain, but you'll need BAB +8, and the feats Dodge, plus the two previous Crane feats.
Crane Riposte reduces the attack penalty for Defensive Fighting by 1 (so -1 to attacks, once you have the entire chain), and increases the Dodge bonus by 1.
Anything that misses you, with a melee attack, provokes a melee attack from your character.
Combat Reflexes is good to have by this point.

Aegis (3) allows for taking the feat 'Student of the Astral Suit', which lets you consider your Aegis level to be three higher than it actually is, but only for the number of customization points and qualifying for customizations.
If your DM is okay with the Monk's unarmored AC bonus (Wis to AC) stacking with the Soulknife's 'Defensive Focus' bladeskill (WIS to AC, while you have Psionic Focus and are fighting defensively), then go with the Astral Skin form of the armor.
Astral Skin, as an Aegis 3 but counting as an Aegis of four levels higher (once you've got at least 4 non-Aegis levels), gets you Evasion, Nimble (+2 DEX bonus) and Speed (twice, for +10 ft. of Movement).
I'd look at Hardy (three times) for a +6 enhancement bonus to CON.
Then take Augmented Weapon and Flight; Augmented Weapon makes your weapon count as a size category larger for damage purposes and Flight gets you a Fly speed equal to your land speed with (Good) maneuverability for a Small/Medium character.

If your DM rules that Monk (WIS to AC) will not stack with the 'Focused Defense' bladeskill, I'd still take the Monk level and the archetype 'Master of Many Styles' because that gets you the first Crane feat and the prerequisites for it, which aren't cheap.
But in that case, either go with Astral Juggernaut (heavy armor form) and change one of the Hardy (Con +2) to Nimble (Dex +2), since you get a Hardy with that form instead of Nimble. You also get Light Fortification, and I'd personally prefer Evasion (which as an Astral Suit augment, will work in your Heavy Armor form) over the Augmented Weapon.
Or go with the Astral Armor (medium armor form) which gets Improved Damage instead of Evasion/Light Fortification... again I like Evasion a lot.

Soulknife to at least 4th (3rd for the Fighter's Blade feat, but 4th for the 2nd Blade Skill).
Aegis to 3rd (for Student of the Astral Suit).
Monk to 1st (for Crane Style, and maybe WIS to AC a second time).

Canine
2016-09-30, 08:05 AM
If you take the 'Soulbolt' archetype, you lose the 'Enhanced Mind Blade' class feature, so cannot take 'Fighter's Blade'.
Otherwise I'd take a hard look at Soulbolt, but personally four levels in other classes without sacrificing the Mind Blade progression seems a lot stronger to me.

I never caught on that Enhanced Mind Bolt doesn't say "This ability replaces enhanced mind blade, but counts as enhanced mind blade for prerequisites or requirements.", the way Enhanced Claws, Empowered Strikes, and Enhanced Mind Armaments do. The DSP FAQ thread asks about this being intentional, but I don't see an answer, so I've asked it again. If it is intentional it actually breaks Soul Archer, unless Soul Archer receives errata to advance Enhanced Mind Bolt as well as Enhanced Mind Blade.

If Aegis is off the table but Gifted Blade is allowed, using a feat to pick up Metamorphosis, Minor would get you a climb speed. This can get you away from melee foes without having to worry about flight maneuverability and making Fly checks to hover, or spending a feat on Flyby Attack.

Psionic Meditation is usually worth squeezing in somewhere, but it really depends on how many uses you have for your focus.

The issue I have with Psychic Strike is that when you are recharging it, you hurt your normal attack routine. Or you spend blade skills to make it somewhat easier to recharge, but then you aren't using those blade skills on other good stuff. You also can't charge multiple bolts at once, unlike a TWF Soulknife. Gifted Blade lets you pick up buff, utility, and swift abilities that aren't competing with your actions in combat.

I'm not a huge fan of the psionic archery feats; with a full BAB I think you are better off grabbing normal archery feats and just making a lot of attacks, instead of taking time to regain focus. Having said that, if you want to emphasize the psionic aspect as much as the archery aspect of the character, they are probably fine.

Ualaa
2016-09-30, 02:35 PM
Psionic Meditation
-psionic focus as a move action could be useful... and I just noticed concentration is not a class skill.
Should I add it to the skill list?

In regards to Concentration, this is no longer a skill in the Pathfinder system. So you basically have a caster level check, which for spell resistance is straight level, but for Concentration you also add your key modifier. A 3rd level Psion, with a 16 INT score, would be d20+6 (3 from level & 3 from INT modifier) for Concentration checks.
Not being able to put ranks into Concentration is a definite nerf for Pathfinder system caster/manifesters, but you can still take Combat Casting/Combat Manifestation; because it is not a skill, Skill Focus is not applicable.

If you're playing 3.x and are using Concentration as a skill for the game system as a whole, then your DM will probably want you to use the same system as everyone else.

Would Zen Archery stack with focused offense? (I would guess not, but I figured I'd ask.)

Zen Archer, the Monk archetype, specifies a type of bow. In my game, I would allow a Soulbolt (Soulknife archetype) or Soul Archer (Prestige Class) to qualify as a bow.
'Zen Archery' is gained at 3rd level, and allows you to use your WIS modifier, instead of your DEX modifier, for RANGED attacks.

Focused Offense does not explicitly state melee attacks only, but the text is pretty clear in that you're able to use your WIS modifier in the place of your STR modifier for attacks and damage.
Since you don't use your STR modifier for most ranged attacks, most ranged attacks would then not let you use your WIS modifier in the place of STR. The ability doesn't state you can use your WIS modifier in the place of your DEX modifier.

If you have a composite bow, you are using (up to 'x') of your STR to damage, so WIS modifier should apply to damage fine.

Also, a Soulbolt can form their Mindbolt into three range categories, with the shortest range increment (20 ft., D10 damage) applying STR modifier to damage.
So you could use any amount of your WIS modifier to damage, if you had 'Focused Offense' and maintain Psionic Focus.

I'd also look at the 'Persistent Focus' feat. It requires Psionic Meditation (feat), WIS 13, and 4 ranks in Autohypnosis. This lets you treat yourself as having Psionic Focus, whether you do or don't, for one ability... which would likely be 'Focused Offense'.

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-30, 04:34 PM
I'd take a hard look at 'Focused Offense' (as the level 2 Blade Skill) and 'Focused Defense' (as the level 4 Blade Skill).

Focused Offense lets you use your WIS (mod) to both attack and damage with melee attacks.
Focused Defense lets you add your WIS (mod) to your armor class, while you have Psionic Focus and are either fighting Defensively or using Combat Expertise.

That lets you use one stat for attack, damage and armor class.

The feat, 'Fighter's Blade' requires the 'Enhanced Mind Blade' class feature, which a Soulknife gets at 3rd level.
It boosts the blade skills & mind blade by four levels, but to no higher than their character level.
So you can essentially take four levels in other classes, without penalizing the progression of your Mind Blade.

I'd look very hard at the 'Gifted Blade' archetype for the Soulknife. This lets you manifest powers, at two levels back of your Soulknife level, meaning you get your first power at Soulknife 3.
Force Screen (unaugmented) is still a 4 point (Shield) bonus to AC, which basically lasts an entire fight.
So you can go with a 2 Handed mind-blade, no shield, but still have the Shield bonus to AC.
AC is really important, with the Crane Riposte.

•I'll be PMing the DM shortly about 'Gifted Blade'. Definitely would mesh well with Focused Offense & Defense.
•Powers would probably be the 3/3.5 powers of the same name, with any that don't exist being unavailable. This would be primarily for ease of referencing a power's effects.
•Fighter's Blade may be looked into should I decide to multiclass.
•While it probably would handle melee well, the party could really use ranged support. Aside from daggers being thrown, the only party member with ranged abilities is a Dragonfire Adept, who has a crossbow (w/ a total attack bonus of +4) and his breath weapon(s).

I know the title said in an otherwise 3.x campaign, but I'd take a look at Aegis (3) (also from Ultimate Psionics, like the Soulknife) and Monk (1) (from Pathfinder Core).
A core monk costs 1 BAB, but the unchained Monk doesn't qualify for the archetype 'Master of Many Styles' which dramatically improves 'Defensive Fighting', when the style chosen is Crane Style.

-middle cut for sake of post length-

Soulknife to at least 4th (3rd for the Fighter's Blade feat, but 4th for the 2nd Blade Skill).
Aegis to 3rd (for Student of the Astral Suit).
Monk to 1st (for Crane Style, and maybe WIS to AC a second time).
I've stumbled across the Aegis before, and it was an interesting class.
The proposed combo seems pretty cool, but it falls a bit outside my comfort zone. No idea what the DM would say/think.

I never caught on that Enhanced Mind Bolt doesn't say "This ability replaces enhanced mind blade, but counts as enhanced mind blade for prerequisites or requirements.", the way Enhanced Claws, Empowered Strikes, and Enhanced Mind Armaments do. The DSP FAQ thread asks about this being intentional, but I don't see an answer, so I've asked it again. If it is intentional it actually breaks Soul Archer, unless Soul Archer receives errata to advance Enhanced Mind Bolt as well as Enhanced Mind Blade.

If Aegis is off the table but Gifted Blade is allowed, using a feat to pick up Metamorphosis, Minor would get you a climb speed. This can get you away from melee foes without having to worry about flight maneuverability and making Fly checks to hover, or spending a feat on Flyby Attack.

Psionic Meditation is usually worth squeezing in somewhere, but it really depends on how many uses you have for your focus.

The issue I have with Psychic Strike is that when you are recharging it, you hurt your normal attack routine. Or you spend blade skills to make it somewhat easier to recharge, but then you aren't using those blade skills on other good stuff. You also can't charge multiple bolts at once, unlike a TWF Soulknife. Gifted Blade lets you pick up buff, utility, and swift abilities that aren't competing with your actions in combat.

I'm not a huge fan of the psionic archery feats; with a full BAB I think you are better off grabbing normal archery feats and just making a lot of attacks, instead of taking time to regain focus. Having said that, if you want to emphasize the psionic aspect as much as the archery aspect of the character, they are probably fine.
•As said above, I anticipate using 3.5 powers, and will need to see if it exists.
•If I pick up some of the psionic feat that require focus to be expended, I'd probably get a bit more use out of it.
•Having thought about it, given the campaign, the powers probably would be more beneficial than the strike.
•I was thinking of focusing more on fewer, more powerful attacks than several standard. Granted, since ammo isn't a worry, I could potentially try either.

In regards to Concentration, this is no longer a skill in the Pathfinder system. So you basically have a caster level check, which for spell resistance is straight level, but for Concentration you also add your key modifier. A 3rd level Psion, with a 16 INT score, would be d20+6 (3 from level & 3 from INT modifier) for Concentration checks.
Not being able to put ranks into Concentration is a definite nerf for Pathfinder system caster/manifesters, but you can still take Combat Casting/Combat Manifestation; because it is not a skill, Skill Focus is not applicable.

If you're playing 3.x and are using Concentration as a skill for the game system as a whole, then your DM will probably want you to use the same system as everyone else.

Zen Archer, the Monk archetype, specifies a type of bow. In my game, I would allow a Soulbolt (Soulknife archetype) or Soul Archer (Prestige Class) to qualify as a bow.
'Zen Archery' is gained at 3rd level, and allows you to use your WIS modifier, instead of your DEX modifier, for RANGED attacks.

Focused Offense does not explicitly state melee attacks only, but the text is pretty clear in that you're able to use your WIS modifier in the place of your STR modifier for attacks and damage.
Since you don't use your STR modifier for most ranged attacks, most ranged attacks would then not let you use your WIS modifier in the place of STR. The ability doesn't state you can use your WIS modifier in the place of your DEX modifier.

If you have a composite bow, you are using (up to 'x') of your STR to damage, so WIS modifier should apply to damage fine.

Also, a Soulbolt can form their Mindbolt into three range categories, with the shortest range increment (20 ft., D10 damage) applying STR modifier to damage.
So you could use any amount of your WIS modifier to damage, if you had 'Focused Offense' and maintain Psionic Focus.

I'd also look at the 'Persistent Focus' feat. It requires Psionic Meditation (feat), WIS 13, and 4 ranks in Autohypnosis. This lets you treat yourself as having Psionic Focus, whether you do or don't, for one ability... which would likely be 'Focused Offense'.
•I'll probably be putting ranks in concentration.
•I should've specified- a 3.5 feat that allows wisdom to be used in place of Dex. Looking back at Focused Offense, however, it would probably be a waste of a feat.
•I just looked at the feat. If I got that to be allowed with Psionic Shot (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#psionicShot) I could really up damage per attack. I don't expect it to be approved, but I'll ask if/when it may be allowed.
•How long does it take to change range categories?
•Should I get an item to help with concentration checks? (DC 20 to focus)

I'll try to post what I have so far soonish.

EDIT:
I took a look in the Psionics Augmented: Soulknives I, just to see if any flight/levitation blade skills were added, and unfortunately, the closest thing to levitation is the Psychic Platform, which is somewhat similar to a tensors floating disk. It doesnt move along with you, but if you have a Wisdom modifier of +2 or higher you can:

Step 1: Jump (As a Move action)
Step 2: Expend Focus (As an Immediate action) to create a floating platform beneath your feet.
Step 3: Regain Focus (As a Move or Standard action)
Step 4: Return to Step 1 on the following Round

•Could work, but it'd probably eat up my turns. I may look into it for other uses, though.
•I'm guessing the +2 modifier is necessary because the number of platforms is keyed to the modifier.

Mehangel
2016-09-30, 06:27 PM
•Could work, but it'd probably eat up my turns. I may look into it for other uses, though.
•I'm guessing the +2 modifier is necessary because the number of platforms is keyed to the modifier.

No, the platforms last a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum: 1) So by having a minimum modifier of +2, you can sit on the platform for 1 round before jumping to another.

Sayt
2016-09-30, 07:13 PM
Make a decision as to whether you want manifesting or Psychic Strike or manifesting. You can get roughly Paladin/range level Manifesting with the Gifted Blade (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/gifted-blade) Archetype, which is compatible with Soulbolt, IIRC.

If not, I highly reccomend you pick up Augmented Soulknives and Augmented Soulknives II, two cheap DSP splats for, well, soulknives. Augmented Soulknives has Launch Multibolt, which lets you use Soulbot witht he manyshot feat.

Augmented Soulknives II has two feats which are really nice: Swift Imbuement (Charge Psychic Strike at a swift action, IE use it twice per round), and Improved Psychic Strike (Expend focus to use Psistrike on every attack in a full attack).

They're like five bucks each on Paizo or DSP's website.

Grand Arbiter
2016-09-30, 07:30 PM
Make a decision as to whether you want manifesting or Psychic Strike or manifesting. You can get roughly Paladin/range level Manifesting with the Gifted Blade (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/gifted-blade) Archetype, which is compatible with Soulbolt, IIRC.

If not, I highly reccomend you pick up Augmented Soulknives and Augmented Soulknives II, two cheap DSP splats for, well, soulknives. Augmented Soulknives has Launch Multibolt, which lets you use Soulbot witht he manyshot feat.

Augmented Soulknives II has two feats which are really nice: Swift Imbuement (Charge Psychic Strike at a swift action, IE use it twice per round), and Improved Psychic Strike (Expend focus to use Psistrike on every attack in a full attack).

They're like five bucks each on Paizo or DSP's website.
•DM said yes to Gifted Blade.
•I've think I've tapped into enough PF material for now, as I am trying to stick close to 3.5. Thank you for the suggestions though.

No, the platforms last a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier (minimum: 1) So by having a minimum modifier of +2, you can sit on the platform for 1 round before jumping to another.
Probably some ways to have fun with that, but I'm not sure I'd make good use of it.

EDIT: So far:
Name: Iannul Khoradan
Race: Human
Abilities, in order: 14,10,14,10,16,10

Feats (3.5):
1st(Class): Point Blank Shot
1st: Psionic Shot
1st(Human): Zen Archery (Wis. instead of Dex. for ranged attacks)
3rd level: Precise shot
6th: Psionic Meditation
9th: Persistent Focus for Psionic shot
12th: Greater Psionic Shot (Psionic shot 2d6->4d6)

Blade Skills:
2nd:Close Range Expert
4th:Alter Mind Bolt
6th:Charged Shot
8th:Combat Slide
10th:__________
12th:__________

Skills:
64 skill points
8 listen/spot
8 concentration
4 Autohypnosis
4 Acrobatics
4 Jump
4 Climb

Powers and Items will be next.

Decided against the Focused Offense/Defense, as the former was ruled to only add Wis. to damage for close-range, and the other is meh.
EDIT 2: Focused Offense may be back in, maybe pushing out combat slide.

Ualaa
2016-10-01, 12:40 AM
Focused Offense and Focused Defense are Soulknife 'Bladeskills'.
Bladeskills are a class feature of the Soulknife; this is similar to a Rogue's talents... kind of like a half-feat in a lot of ways.
Some are better than others, but on average a combat feat does more.

They get one blade skill, for every even level, starting at 2nd level.
Some have prerequisites and some do not; most are either level 'x' or having the previous bladeskill in the chain.

Grand Arbiter
2016-10-03, 09:25 PM
I'd like to thank everyone who helped me.

Here's the finished sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=962462), for anyone who is curious.

Mehangel
2016-10-03, 09:49 PM
I'd like to thank everyone who helped me.

Here's the finished sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=962462), for anyone who is curious.

Just so you know, I think you may have accidentally named your first soulbolt attack (Close range), when it should be named (Long range)

Grand Arbiter
2016-10-03, 10:01 PM
Just so you know, I think you may have accidentally named your first soulbolt attack (Close range), when it should be named (Long range)

...that I did :smallredface:
Thank you.

Edit: Fixed, and put name as mind bolt