PDA

View Full Version : looking for an item

Someguy231
2016-09-29, 02:25 PM
Hello GITP forums! Well, as the title suggested, I am in a hunt for an item. Said item is one I saw in a campaign a long time ago, and the best way to describe it is a coin that can record a bard's bardic music and play it for one of its uses, such as inspire courage. If anyone knows if this is an actual item from either 3.5 or pathfinder, or if it is more than likely homebrew, then I'd like to know.

Name1
2016-09-29, 02:58 PM
From the top of my head, I'd say it's a homebrew item. The closest thing I can think of is the Ghostharp-spell which specifically mentions a coin as an example too, but it's last line mentions that it can't actually grant the benefits of bardic music.

Thurbane
2016-09-30, 08:25 PM
There's the Ghostharp cantrip from Spell Compendium, but that only records and plays "normal" music, no bardic effects.

I suspect the item may have been homebrew. Or PF, since I don't know PF very well.

Someguy231
2016-10-01, 10:27 AM
There's the Ghostharp cantrip from Spell Compendium, but that only records and plays "normal" music, no bardic effects.

I suspect the item may have been homebrew. Or PF, since I don't know PF very well.

It could be PF, since at the time I was in, they didn't use homebrew items. Though I could be wrong.