PDA

View Full Version : Help with building a momster?

Belzyk
2016-09-29, 03:21 PM
Ok guys. I have introduced spelljammer into my game world. My PCs are only level 9 atm. A fighter/tribal protector stonechild a human ranger a human warmage/skymage and a Goliath duskblade. Also there tends to be a npc cleric with them sometimes. And well I am trying to stat out a Mass Effect Reaper. It is already on the world and they have came into contact with it. But I have no idea where to start at for Reapers because I will be using them in the game.

Arcanist
2016-09-29, 03:42 PM
And well I am trying to stat out a Mass Effect Reaper. It is already on the world and they have came into contact with it. But I have no idea where to start at for Reapers because I will be using them in the game.

If memory serves, Sovereign, was around 2 kilometers long and was (for the most part) synthetic so start from Colossal Construct (Living Construct?). Maybe a little Psionics in the mix as well, and (this is just me spit balling the figure), around 48HD and then individualize them if necessary.

But I think that really defeats the purpose of the Reapers as a threat since you only really directly fight ONE on Rannoch and that was via orbital strike so I don't really count that either. And then there was that one with the Thresher Maw. Suffice to say, despite being the BBEG of the ME universe, they don't really fight you directly and act through a lot of minions in the form of the Geth and through Husks. They are eventually reduced to just being background villains.

Padishar
2016-09-30, 03:08 PM
Check out spelljammer.org. It has quite a bit of info. It's 3.0, but that's easy to convert to 3.5.