PDA

View Full Version : TV MacGyver 2016

Hopeless
2016-09-29, 03:26 PM
Has anyone watched this?

Is it actually any good?

When I first heard about this it sounded like he was going to have been captured and held somewhere like Iraq only to escape after a few months and whilst convalescing afterwards discovers there was something hinky going on involving the organisation that kidnapped him.

Now he's apparently a James Bond agent with a team operating True Lies missions with a dash of the MacGyver improvisation and no I haven't watched this yet only clips on you tube that feel like they've completely missed the point about MacGyver!

Can anyone confirm or explain what is going on with this series?

Rogar Demonblud
2016-09-29, 04:37 PM
The second is very much the correct one. Mac kills 4-6 people just in the intro sequence, plus one definite and one maybe later on.

Compare this to the original, who didn't have those numbers after how many seasons?

Also, Till is a smug jackass, but Sandrine Holt looks like she might be the high point of the series.

Sermil
2016-09-29, 10:20 PM
Classic example of "Why did they bother naming it MacGyver if they're not going to keep anything about what made MacGyver popular?"

Would have been a much better show if they'd named it "Johnson" and just made it the paint-by-numbers action show it obviously wants to be. Right now, it's 90% paint-by-numbers action show and 10% trying to hold a candle to the improvised-gadgetry wonderfulness of the original.

dropbear8mybaby
2016-09-29, 11:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcOOygDHY-0

Yeah, I'm out.

Rogar Demonblud
2016-09-30, 11:37 AM
To be fair, the pilot was subject to excessive Hollywood Executive Meddling. By the sounds of things, they ended up shooting two pilots, then frankensteined them together, with additional edits, until the guys in the expensive suits were happy.

Better give it a second episode, because pilots tend to draw all the meddling.

HardcoreD&Dgirl
2016-09-30, 01:27 PM
I didn't watch it yet (a so so fan of the orginal) but when I went to see if any of my youtube peeps had reviewed Luke Cage yet, I saw one of them did one and liked this...

so here is a quick break down of ep 1...it sounds better then I thought

https://youtu.be/F65wjU28kkg

Rogar Demonblud
2016-10-02, 09:56 PM
I finally watched the second episode, and it was much better than the pilot. I think I'll give it another week before I make up my mind.

MikelaC1
2016-10-04, 09:04 AM
I just wish they would dispense with the subtitles. Yeah, I know that's a paperclip and that is a rope, Im not that dumb.

Maelstrom
2016-10-04, 02:08 PM
Just finished watching the pilot....oooouuuff

'As of 24 hundred hours' When exactly is that??? So, like, never? Darned writers and supposed 'experts'...