PDA

View Full Version : Old School Perks - a feat/skill system for Basic

Stan
2016-09-29, 03:51 PM
I've been messing around with Basic D&D lately. So, I pulled out a simplish rule add on I'd made for Basic Fantasy ~8 years ago. Every couple of levels, you get an ability that's like a skill or feat, but with fewer skill categories and no feat trees. It should work with any retroclone or any 20th century version of D&D.

You can download it here: Perks (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3-re9IokgC4OTBabUIxcVlQLVE)

tsj
2016-09-30, 01:01 PM
Instead of typing selected a 2nd time, I would type something like..each time this is selected, it must be apply to a different spell etc

Looks like the listed stuff could be used as feats for example

What if +x skill points in skill z were regarded as a feat and instead of gaining skill points and feats each level... the charter instead gains the normal amount of feats plus Y extra to account for not getting regular skill points

Stan
2016-09-30, 03:13 PM
Well, normally, there are no skill points or feats as this is Basic D&D - it's adding to the rules, not replacing anything. Perks are essentially feats but I wanted a different term so as not to instill a 3e mindset.