PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Paladin Build Help

MindTheGap97
2016-09-29, 05:11 PM
So, this is a concept I'd really like to play one day:

The adopted son of a recently dead noble who didn't get any gold or land when his father died, since all of it went to his younger, legitimate brother. This didn't bothered him though, he is an optimist, trying to see the good in everyone and now travels the land with his maid/lover (they grew together, she is the one that found him).

The DM is ok with me having a cohort with me, so here she is, she does know some minor spellcasting (just cantrips and 1st level spells) but she's not good at fighting. So the Paladin swore to protect her from harm.

On a 25 point-buy I envision him like this:

Str: 18 (16+2 Human)
Dex: 12
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 8
Cha: 16

For feats I was thinking
1st: Power Attack, Fey Foundling
3rd: Weapon Focus (Falchion)
5th: Cleave/Furious Focus/Antagonize

So, what do you think? Any suggestion for traits/alternative feats or tips on the point-buy? He'll be the main party tank, so Antagonize seems good, but is it really? What feats should I take later on? Improved critical seems good for a Falchion build, so I'm considering that. Any suggestion on archetypes?

Thanks for your help

Krazzman
2016-09-30, 03:26 AM
I would probably try to go for stand still and getting intercept charge on her and yourself.

And getting a reach weapon + armor spikes/punching glove.

MindTheGap97
2016-09-30, 05:27 AM
I would probably try to go for stand still and getting intercept charge on her and yourself.

And getting a reach weapon + armor spikes/punching glove.

I really like intercept charge, but I don't really like Stand Still due to my low Dexterity, I plan on taking strike back at 11th, with such a low Dexterity going a reach route doesn't seem the best idea...