PDA

View Full Version : Quick shadow dragon question

Lance Tankmen
2016-09-29, 06:07 PM
The shadow dragon templet says while in dim light or darkness the dragon has resistance to damage that isn't force physic and radiant. So if a PC is hold a torch/light source and swing his long sword at the dragon the dragon takes full damage but if he's shot at while in dim light half ? Basically a torch negates the resistance is what I'm asking 😅

MasterMercury
2016-09-29, 06:13 PM
I'm going to say yes. A fighter holding a torch is going to be able to hit a dragon for full damage. However, the dragon can always try to knock the torch out of his hand or extinguish it somehow.

Vogonjeltz
2016-09-29, 06:59 PM
The shadow dragon templet says while in dim light or darkness the dragon has resistance to damage that isn't force physic and radiant. So if a PC is hold a torch/light source and swing his long sword at the dragon the dragon takes full damage but if he's shot at while in dim light half ? Basically a torch negates the resistance is what I'm asking 😅

Anything that provides bright light sufficient to illuminate the dragon fully, yes.

SillyPopeNachos
2016-09-29, 07:44 PM
I'd rule yes, this also makes torches more competetive with the option of darkvision, while improving the usefulness of things like the light cantrip.