PDA

View Full Version : Question on exotic weapon proficiency feat

ArtikSnow
2016-09-29, 06:54 PM
The feat states under benefit that it removes all penaltys the weapon has then it says treat that weapon as normal weapon. To me an people in group says that it removes double weapon penaltys because it says all penaltys. My dm however says that is not true. The weapon is also the kusarigama from oriental adventures.

InvisibleBison
2016-09-29, 06:57 PM
Your DM is correct. The feat doesn't say it removes all penalties; it says "You make attack rolls with the weapon normally". Normally means that you don't take the penalty for being non-proficient. Compare the "Benefit" and "Normal" entries in the feat description; the difference between the two is all the feat does.

Kaje
2016-09-29, 07:01 PM
Also, nowhere in the feat does it say "all penalties."

ArtikSnow
2016-09-29, 07:02 PM
Also, nowhere in the feat does it say "all penalties." Yes it does check the book.

InvisibleBison
2016-09-29, 07:05 PM
Yes it does check the book.

What book are you looking at? The Player's Handbook (and the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#exoticWeaponProficiency)) don't contain the phrase "all penalties".

BowStreetRunner
2016-09-29, 07:22 PM
Yes it does check the book.

I don't think it says quite that, but I did find something similar. However, text trumps table. Although the Feat table on page 90 states "No penalty on attacks with specific exotic weapon", this is just a broad summary of the feat, not actual rules text.