PDA

View Full Version : Simple question about the draconic template.

Gopherknight
2016-09-29, 09:56 PM
If I'm using the draconic template, can i speak draconic? on the sites I've seen it doesn't say it explicitly but it sounds like it would be a given that you are able to speak draconic.

Zanos
2016-09-29, 10:02 PM
No, you'd have to learn it like any other language.

SangoProduction
2016-09-30, 02:03 PM
If I'm using the draconic template, can i speak draconic? on the sites I've seen it doesn't say it explicitly but it sounds like it would be a given that you are able to speak draconic.

Does a person of German heritage, at some point in the family background, know German?

Thurbane
2016-09-30, 08:07 PM
Does a person of German heritage, at some point in the family background, know German?

No, but in D&D land, a Half-Orc (and most other Half- races) magically know their non-human racial language, even if raised with no contact with Orcs or whatever... :smalltongue:

SangoProduction
2016-09-30, 08:10 PM
No, but in D&D land, a Half-Orc (and most other Half- races) magically know their non-human racial language, even if raised with no contact with Orcs or whatever... :smalltongue:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My plans! They are ruined!

Thurbane
2016-09-30, 08:29 PM
It's always something I've found a little odd, since most (PC) Half-orcs are raised in human communities, not orcish ones.

I think there might be a variant rules somewhere (maybe in PF?) that addresses this issue.