PDA

View Full Version : Player Help So what kind of Fighter build best supports medium armor?

Secret Wizard
2016-09-30, 01:37 AM
I was thinking about making a medium armor Fighter, but not sure WHY, besides the ability to still skulk around while using good weapons.

I was thinking perhaps combining hand crossbow shots with a longsword, but I recently read that the Crossbow Mastery feat doesn't allow you to ignore the free hand required to use it...

Any ideas? Maybe making the most of the Scout archetype?

djreynolds
2016-09-30, 02:27 AM
Fighter/rogue makes a great MAM, it is a viable build I have made. It is niche. But does work.

But using stealth is a must. You AC can be 18 with half plate, 16 dex, and MAM. But you need the fighter's many feats to make this obtainable and really expertise in stealth from rogue.

Ranger can use pass without a trace

Even though you are playing scout, a level or 2 of rogue isn't going to hurt.

Giant2005
2016-09-30, 02:33 AM
Take some levels of Barb and you will have reason to go with Medium Armor.

djreynolds
2016-09-30, 02:55 AM
Right now I'm playing a ranger/fighter (cheese archer) and I have chain shirt, I got it for free for being a member of the guard. As good as leather armor for now.

This is a crazy idea, but I would almost just make the MAM feat free at a certain level of play. You hit 10th level, here is MAM, it's yours. But I used it on my fighter/rogue and it fit.

deathadder99
2016-09-30, 05:35 AM
This is a crazy idea, but I would almost just make the MAM feat free at a certain level of play. You hit 10th level, here is MAM, it's yours. But I used it on my fighter/rogue and it fit.

I tend to make MAM a half feat at my table. Compared to HAM, PAM, GWM it's really UP.