PDA

View Full Version : IC Urban Shadows-Strangers in the Square Mile

CoreBrute23
2016-09-30, 11:02 AM
http://www.sam23.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/London2009_781-Bearbeitet2-580x580.jpg

London, once named Londinium, the capital of a extinct empire. A city where progress butt heads with ancient traditions; one both patriotic and multicultural at the same time. You 4 strangers to the Square Mile have come at a dangerous time. Post Brexit, racial tensions have never been higher among the mortals, class warfare extends beyond the politics of man to the creatures who hunt the night, and foreign invaders from outside the world eye for weakness-all while the powerful play the same games they've played for centuries.

A new fire is coming to the great capital. Who knows whether it will reforge those within to something stronger-or burn the United Kingdom to eternal cinders?

Maybe you will be the one who lights the match...

Ružica

https://media.timeout.com/images/102192715/630/472/image.jpg

You find yourself in a garishly decorated pub in the East End. There's knick knacks and posters all over the walls, from all over the place, with no theme or reason connecting them. A mounted bull's head, a 1962 England World Cup shirt, tires on the wall-it was very disconcerting, but if anything, it gave a masculine vibe.

Or perhaps that was just the smell of the testosterone coming from it's owner, the namesake Waltham. A tall man, his head is shaved bald, his bushy golden eyebrows and mustache the only hint at his original hair color. He wears a black long sleeved fleece, that looks like it's gonna burst from the pressure of his muscles. It's unbelievable that this man is old enough to have served in WW2-is it the curse of the wolf helping him to look so young? Whatever it is, the man barely passes for 60-which is probably why he hasn't retired.

He keeps glancing nervously at a young woman sitting by herself, drinking a coke zero. Her brunette hair is long, curls forcing themselves out of the grey hoodie she's wearing over her head. Despite being significantly older than you, she looks very young, and keeps touching a package on her lap, that's wrapped in the Daily Mail newspaper.

The bar itself is pretty empty-it's getting to the hour where most people are moving from pubs to clubs. So tell us Ruzika-what are you doing here?

Were you asked to come here by Waltham? Did you come of your own accord, to protect the young mage? Or did you come out of curiosity, keeping your intentions secret from the other two that are here? And where in the pub are you?

Novok

The outside of Waltham is a bit more lively than the inside. You see groups of young men smoking like chimneys, as they talk about where the next party is, some with bottles in their hands.

Your here for a special reason though. Saleema tipped you off earlier today that his partner Adrahm would be here in the evening, to make a trade for some important artifact the Ifreet wanted. He didn't share anymore than that, saying he didn't know much more.

It's nearly the meeting time, but no sign of Adrahm.

Are you just watching from the outside? Or are you planning to go in before Adrahm shows up? And did you come alone? Does anyone know you are here?

Quinn

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/18fad411b7e5e3c3c96cf68ea9acd127d9670d86/47_35_3775_5666/master/3775.jpg?w=720&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&

This late at night, the Bank of England's doors should be firmly shut, heavily guarded, and quiet as a crypt.

Which makes it the perfect atmosphere for those not so tied down by the coils of mortality. An invisible gate that could only be seen by streetlight and a password, allows you access to the Bank's nightly service.

You had been invited here at the behest of the Firm, who wished to you about a 'quaint peculiarity'. They said the same thing about the Great Fire of London and the Fall of Carthage-if you believe the rumors that The Firm is that old.

A headless spectre in an elegant suit from the 18th century greets you silently, yet charmingly, before esorting you to a waiting room. From what you can guess, the spectre wants you to wait there. The spectre waits patiently for any message, before vanishing into the wind.

Regarding the rumors of the Firm's longevity, do you know if it is truth or just rumors? In addition, how are you adorned for your meeting with the Firm? Who is your...'agent' at the Firm, the one who deals with you directly?

You, however are not the only one in the room. There, waiting in the room...

Ezra

You have been sitting in this chair for what feels like a century-but was probably just 10 minutes. Some newly turned Etonian kid told you to wait, and that the Vampire Court would 'get to you in due time', while looking down his nose at you. You could smell the original blood in him-his body was practically warm, the upstart!

Still, when the Vampire Court calls you personally, you can't easily refuse them. Apparently, it involves the Beating Heart artifact, but they told you nothing more in the telegram. Yes, they apparently still use telegram-which is almost, because who would think to track telegrams?

Still, 10 minutes, of just keeping you waiting. How does that make you feel?

At that moment, Elizabeth Quinn walked into the waiting room with you.

What do you do? And how did you react to the upstart new vamp? Also, how are you attired?

Merilan
2016-09-30, 02:27 PM
Ružica had been here due to a summons by Waltham -- he wanted to ensure this night went smoothly, and wanted her to take care of any disturbances. The huntress leaned quietly against a wall near to the dartboards where people would be competitively scoring against each other, were this the night -- but it'd gone empty at this point, and there wasn't much of a racket save the plasma screen TV playing a rerun of a football game no one seemed terribly interested in. She... was not exactly stealthy, dressed as she always was -- but deterrence was part of the name of the game tonight.

Razade
2016-09-30, 04:03 PM
Ezra

You have been sitting in this chair for what feels like a century-but was probably just 10 minutes. Some newly turned Etonian kid told you to wait, and that the Vampire Court would 'get to you in due time', while looking down his nose at you. You could smell the original blood in him-his body was practically warm, the upstart!

Still, when the Vampire Court calls you personally, you can't easily refuse them. Apparently, it involves the Beating Heart artifact, but they told you nothing more in the telegram. Yes, they apparently still use telegram-which is almost, because who would think to track telegrams?

Still, 10 minutes, of just keeping you waiting. How does that make you feel?

At that moment, Elizabeth Quinn walked into the waiting room with you.

What do you do? And how did you react to the upstart new vamp? Also, how are you attired?

Ezra sat quietly in the waiting room, doing his best to stave off boredom; one didn't reach past a hundred without learning how to be patient. One also didn't reach beyond two hundred without learning that the young were always going to be a hassle and that taking offense to their breaches of etiquette was about as useful as cutting off one's foot. So he sat, mind mulling over exactly why the Court was interested in Abel's Favor and why they thought involving him was the best course. He didn't have long to mull over that last point as Elizabeth Quinn walked into the waiting room. Now that...that was beyond interesting. He was no longer bored.

He stood in his languid way, smoothing down his crisp and took a perhaps more deep bow than he needed. "Here now...is that the impeccable Miss Quinn I see?" He rose from his bow, leaning on his cane with the barest hint of a smile. I do apologize Miss Quinn that we must meet on such terms, I should have given you a ring when I touched down. Awfully busy you understand. You're looking as radiant as ever. Surely you didn't come all this way just to see me? As flattering as they would be."

Anyr
2016-09-30, 08:36 PM
Elizabeth Quinn scarcely paid any attention to the local ambience. To some, the Bank's classical theme gave it style and class; But to her, it was just dull and familiar. She much preferred the bright, electric wonderland of modern London. At least that was relatively new. Besides, most of this place's so-called 'antiquity' was just marketing. The Firm wasn't nearly as old as they liked to imply. They were just the latest in a long line of brokers that rise and fall throughout history.

The spectre who greeted Elizabeth received a distracted nod. Pausing to straighten the jacket and skirt of her (exquisitely tailored) business suit, she walked to the waiting room. The company awaiting within was far from ideal. Elizabeth mirrored Ezra's bow: Including leaning on a cane of her own. She had no doubt that his cane, like hers, concealed a sharp blade. The same might also be said for their tongues.

"Dear Ezra! So kind of you to show concern for my delicate feet. But fear not. I have no need to make a long journey in order to enjoy your company. I simply have to wait for you to get hopelessly overwhelmed by something. Then, as always, you'll come to my door."

Razade
2016-09-30, 09:10 PM
Elizabeth Quinn scarcely paid any attention to the local ambience. To some, the Bank's classical theme gave it style and class; But to her, it was just dull and familiar. She much preferred the bright, electric wonderland of modern London. At least that was relatively new. Besides, most of this place's so-called 'antiquity' was just marketing. The Firm wasn't nearly as old as they liked to imply. They were just the latest in a long line of brokers that rise and fall throughout history.

The spectre who greeted Elizabeth received a distracted nod. Pausing to straighten the jacket and skirt of her (exquisitely tailored) business suit, she walked to the waiting room. The company awaiting within was far from ideal. Elizabeth mirrored Ezra's bow: Including leaning on a cane of her own. She had no doubt that his cane, like hers, concealed a sharp blade. The same might also be said for their tongues.

"Dear Ezra! So kind of you to show concern for my delicate feet. But fear not. I have no need to make a long journey in order to enjoy your company. I simply have to wait for you to get hopelessly overwhelmed by something. Then, as always, you'll come to my door."

The old battle axe was in fine spirits it seemed. "You wound me madam, I would never trouble a lady as fine as yourself with but the most important of circumstances." He steps aside gracefully, offering Elizabeth his seat. "Do sit down, won't you? I cannot help but notice your leaning rather overmuch on your cane. The years do take their toll, you most of all would understand."

Anyr
2016-09-30, 09:58 PM
Elizabeth sat down. Ezra's remarks about old age would likely seem odd to an outsider. The woman in question looked young and vibrant. But if a perceptive soul were to meet her eyes, they might understand. There was a weariness in those orbs that didn't match her features.

"Indeed they do. But on the whole, life is still far preferable to the alternative. There's simply no substitute for its warm embrace. Do you still remember that feeling? Or has the cold grave snuffed it out completely?"

Razade
2016-09-30, 10:11 PM
Elizabeth sat down. Ezra's remarks about old age would likely seem odd to an outsider. The woman in question looked young and vibrant. But if a perceptive soul were to meet her eyes, they might understand. There was a weariness in those orbs that didn't match her features.

"Indeed they do. But on the whole, life is still far preferable to the alternative. There's simply no substitute for its warm embrace. Do you still remember that feeling? Or has the cold grave snuffed it out completely?"

"How gracious of you to worry." Ezra moved to take position near the door so Elizabeth need not crane her neck so much to speak. "I keep myself warm, there are always people who can share a little time with me. You know me well enough after all, I'm not picky. But it's you I worry about Miss Quinn. London is hardly the place for a woman of your pedigree. I have the most quaint summer home in Milan, surely the weather would be more to your liking. London is just so very gray."

Zen Gypsy
2016-09-30, 10:55 PM
Novak Stanislav, the Tainted (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21242271&postcount=4)

Novak walked past the young men discussing the next conquest, as they smoked their Lambert & Butler's. He knew that Michal was in the sedan on the other side of the block, he had been provided with Adrahm's description, and was disciplined enough to keep an eye out for him, despite the amount of street meat on display this evening.

The other three were in position, and they were significantly less obvious, Bianca and Verda, two of his working girls. Bianca worked the sidewalk, arm in arm with some Bratva muscle, a short, wiry fellow. The cluster of young men eyed him warily, obviously wondering what charms he possessed with such a brutish demeanor, and such a beautiful companion. Verda was already inside the Waltham, and neither team had communicated to him that Adrahm was anywhere to be seen.

He walked inside, a long coat worn over an immaculately cut single-breasted, made-to-measure suits with peaked lapels. He scanned the crowd with a cursory glance, noting, with raised eyebrows that Ružica was also present. He walked past the barmen, an immensely muscled man of middling age, "Scotch, single malt." He nodded towards the Hunter, "And one for the lady."

Merilan
2016-09-30, 11:21 PM
Ružica blinked once, as she spotted Novak in the midst of her vigil. She cast another glance at her charge -- the woman in the gray hoodie. Had he come here in the same business... or was he the one involved in Waltham's friend's deal? It was not her concern, exactly -- whoever it was the woman had business with, she was here to protect her, not be in her business.

She did shake her head quietly at Waltham, though. She'd already declined an offered drink before, and she definitely was confident she had little tolerance to liquor. Alcohol had no place in a hunt.

CoreBrute23
2016-10-01, 02:50 AM
Novok and Ruz

Waltham stares at Novok with distrust-you can practically see his nose flare. However, he pours you a drink, and plops it down in front of you. He then pours a second glass of the scotch. He takes it and walks over to Ruzika's table, and sits down in front of her. He looks furious.

"What the hell?" He angrily whispers. "I told you to keep things safe, and you bring a damn Brimstone in here?" He drinks the scotch in one fast gulp.

"If you or your hellbound friend over there cause Morgana to get hurt..." He leaves the threat hanging in the air.

What do you do?

Novok, Verda slides up next to you casually at the bar.

"Hey there. You look like a man who appreciates the 'finer things in life'?" She says, just loud enough for passerbys to here. Her voice quickly becomes a whisper, switching to Russian.

<"Boss there's no sign of any Arab guys, and I've been working this place for the last couple of hours. What's so important about him anyway?">

What did you tell your guys they were patrolling for? What do they know about Adrahm?
Also, there are no conditions in Urban Shadows.

Quinn and Ezra

At that moment the headless spectre returns to the waiting room and bows to Quinn. It indicates the large double door, and points at a strange glyph above the handle. It touches the glyph, and it spins, morphing into a new symbol.

The doors open for you, revealing a dark green corridor and the Spectre gestures for you to enter.

Quinn
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/deusex/images/e/e9/Illuminati_council_MD.png/revision/latest?cb=20160428212202&path-prefix=en
You come to a round mahogany table. On the walls are rows and rows of green symbols-numbers, astroological signs, heiroglyphics, etc- trickling downwards in a continuous incomprehensible stream.

At the table are the 5 heads of the firms, two men, two woman, and one you cannot determine. Their faces are obscured with a spell of forgetting-you cannot recall their faces when you look away from them.

"Miss Quinn," one of the women begins. "Thank you for coming at such a late hour to speak to us. We are most grateful." A chair materializes out of thin air, and pulls itself out for you to sit on.

"Please have a seat. We have a small matter we would like to discuss with you," One of the men begins, before he's interrupted by the second woman.

"However, we would like to verify something first." Some symbols float out of the walls, reforming into parchment, that assembles itself into a modern looking file, in front of you seat.

"This is a record of a recent property purchase that The Firm recently assisted you with." The one whose gender you can't place speaks. "Would you please ensure that all the details are accurate for us?"

The file is completely accurate. Tell us about the property the Firm recently helped you secure.

Ezra

A little while after Quinn leaves and the doors shut, the young Etonian Vamp walks into the room.

"The Elders are ready to see you." He taps the glyph on the door, which turns blood red, and changes to a more menacing symbol. The doors open, to a macabre red corridor, with long tapestries across the walls, of wars and bloodshed. There is no pretense of heroism there, but simply the monstrous nature of man killing man.

As you walk down the long passage, you are stuck by a strange smell, and you realise that the tapestry is made of human flesh. At least 30 humans would have to have been used for this. And while the tapestries look ancient, the smell is fresh.

You enter a room that has an incline to it. The floor abruptly lifts upwards, and over it is a long table. There are 3 chairs on each side of the table, each ornate and composed of different metals. Bronze, granite, and one made of knives. At the top of the table, and the incline, is a magnificent throne, crafted of bones. 7 skulls top the headrest-vampire skulls.

All the chairs are occupied, except for one made of red thorns, and the bone throne. All 5 vampire elders eye you as you come in, none making a single sound.

You notice a small plastic chair at the foot of the table, where you are standing. It looks like what you might get from a fast food restaurant.

No one has asked you to sit down.

What do you do?

Razade
2016-10-01, 03:05 AM
Ezra

A little while after Quinn leaves and the doors shut, the young Estonian Vamp walks into the room.

"The Elders are ready to see you." He taps the glyph on the door, which turns blood red, and changes to a more menacing symbol. The doors open, to a macabre red corridor, with long tapestries across the walls, of wars and bloodshed. There is no pretense of heroism there, but simply the monstrous nature of man killing man.

As you walk down the long passage, you are stuck by a strange smell, and you realise that the tapestry is made of human flesh. At least 30 humans would have to have been used for this. And while the tapestries look ancient, the smell is fresh.

You enter a room that has an incline to it. The floor abruptly lifts upwards, and over it is a long table. There are 3 chairs on each side of the table, each ornate and composed of different metals. Bronze, granite, and one made of knives. At the top of the table, and the incline, is a magnificent throne, crafted of bones. 7 skulls top the headrest-vampire skulls.

All the chairs are occupied, except for one made of red thorns, and the bone throne. All 5 vampire elders eye you as you come in, none making a single sound.

You notice a small plastic chair at the foot of the table, where you are standing. It looks like what you might get from a fast food restaurant.

No one has asked you to sit down.

What do you do?

Ezra offers a parting nod to Elizabeth as they part, it wouldn't do to be improper, though he remained standing until he was fetched as well. If the grisly and macabre artwork troubled him he didn't show it, not that it would. Court Vampires were ever so fond of flaunting their wealth and taste for the ghastly and Ezra himself had dealt with enough artifacts of human manufacture that the hangings were nothing short of banal.

He took note of the Elders as he finally entered the room, no Prince in attendance. They weren't giving him the warmest welcome then, as he stood next to the chair. They hadn't bid him sit so he wouldn't. "Honored Masters, thank you for giving me a portion of your evening. May Cain grant you more Nights in perpetuity." He bowed low, gracious in his movements before righting himself, giving not an all together impertinent gaze among the five. He was distinctly aware of his position, a Rove of a now fallen Court. But to them? A representative of the Cascadian Republic despite his own political resistance to a certain to fail movement.

Merilan
2016-10-01, 04:31 AM
Ružica stared at Waltham and glanced towards Novak and the woman speaking to him for a moment, then turned her eyes back towards the bartender. "I did not call him. But please be assured, I will not let any harm come to Miss Morgana," she replied in equally hushed tones, her accent and stiff English rather plainly coming through.

Anyr
2016-10-01, 08:37 PM
At that moment the headless spectre returns to the waiting room and bows to Quinn. It indicates the large double door, and points at a strange glyph above the handle. It touches the glyph, and it spins, morphing into a new symbol.

The doors open for you, revealing a dark green corridor and the Spectre gestures for you to enter.

Quinn
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/deusex/images/e/e9/Illuminati_council_MD.png/revision/latest?cb=20160428212202&path-prefix=en
You come to a round mahogany table. On the walls are rows and rows of green symbols-numbers, astroological signs, heiroglyphics, etc- trickling downwards in a continuous incomprehensible stream.

At the table are the 5 heads of the firms, two men, two woman, and one you cannot determine. Their faces are obscured with a spell of forgetting-you cannot recall their faces when you look away from them.

"Miss Quinn," one of the women begins. "Thank you for coming at such a late hour to speak to us. We are most grateful." A chair materializes out of thin air, and pulls itself out for you to sit on.

"Please have a seat. We have a small matter we would like to discuss with you," One of the men begins, before he's interrupted by the second woman.

"However, we would like to verify something first." Some symbols float out of the walls, reforming into parchment, that assembles itself into a modern looking file, in front of you seat.

"This is a record of a recent property purchase that The Firm recently assisted you with." The one whose gender you can't place speaks. "Would you please ensure that all the details are accurate for us?"

Elizabeth resisted the urge to roll her eyes. This room was so terribly pretentious. The dark surroundings; The flowing runes; The imposing table. They all spoke of someone trying way too hard. She could easily picture one of these people accidentally banging their shins on a piece of poorly lit furniture.

As she privately scoffed, her body was going through the usual motions. She scanned the file by rote. Yes, everything was in order. The property in question was a large block of flats, in one of London's less opulent districts. The area was safe, relatively uncontested territory; For now. If Elizabeth's estimates were correct, local politics were about to become volatile. And should that happen, owning this key strategic site would be very helpful. Glancing up from the file, Elizabeth inclined her head.

"It is indeed accurate. Now, shall we proceed to the evening's business?"

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-01, 11:10 PM
Novak Stanislav, the Tainted (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21242271&postcount=4)

<"Boss there's no sign of any Arab guys, and I've been working this place for the last couple of hours. What's so important about him anyway?">

Novak turned, a feral grin curling his lips, <"Adrahm is a broker for another man, a dealer in antiquities, and he is looking for ... an opportunity to expand his network."> He watched as the large barkeep spoke in hushed tones with Ruzika. He extrapolated on his train of thought, perhaps Adrahm was in fact, working through an intermediary himself, could someone in Waltham's be his agent. Curious.

He nursed his scoth, watching the room carefully for any movement, or conversation that seemed out of place.

CoreBrute23
2016-10-02, 04:18 AM
Novok

<"If you say so boss."> She says, smiling while sounding unconvinced. "How about buying me a drink, good looking?" She switches back to the flirtatious English. Once she gets one, she leaves and begins walking to a different part of the pub.

Sounds like you are trying to investigate a Place of Power-aka Waltham's bar. Since Waltham owns it and is Night Faction, you roll +Night Faction rating. Remember, if you do this, mark the Night faction under your advancements.

Ruzika

"Well I don't like his smell." Waltham responds. "Get rid of him." He stands up and heads to a different table, picking up their finished drinks.

What do you do? Also, since English is not your hunter's first language, what is her native tongue?

Ezra

The vampires give you varying degrees of recognition for your words, with the large vampire in the granite chair giving an imperceptibly small nod, while the tall one in bronze gives a respectful bow.

"Elders of the Court," A familiar voice speaks up from behind the bone throne, before walking to it's side. It's the Etonian vamp. He grabs the left armrest of the chair with his right hand but doesn't sit in it.

"Thank you for attending this evening. Unfortunately, The Prince and the Rose Clad were not able to attend, due to prior commitments. Tonight, I will be speaking on behalf of the Prince, my sire." the last part reeks of smug pride. "As you may now, my name is Montogomery Quinton the Third-"

"None of us care about you, you impudent Childe!" The large vampire slams a fist into his granite chair, startling the Etonian vamp.

"Wh-what?" The Etonian responds startled.

"Indeed, the identity of the Prince's new toy is of little concern for us." The vampire sitting in bronze, wearing a dignified brown winter coat, crosses his arms. "So proceed with why we have been summoned here, and then return to your toybox."

"Uh-uh ok, quite." The Etonian is dreadfully flustered-if he had blood in his veins, it would have rushed to his face by now. He pulls out some photigraphs from within his jacket pocket. "Well, the matter at hand involves the incident involving the artifact-"

"Abel's Flavour?" A female vampire jokes, as she twirls her long pigtails. Despite the appearence and uniform of a 6th form student*, she has the eyes of an ancient. "The old fantasy we tell Childes, before we tuck them in at morning? How boring."

"Abel's Favour, yes. While we cannot determine the existence of the artifact, we did determine some form of relic was part of an exchange this evening. So we sent some investigators to determine the veracity of such claims." Montgomery tosses the photo down the table, and it slides neatly to where you stand.

"Ezra, you claim to be an expert on artifacts. Please identify the object in the photograph." Looking at it, there's a young woman in a hoody, standing in an alleyway. She's holding a newspaper in her left hand, and in the right...

Is the Beating Heart from your dreams.

Tell us what the artifact looks like.
If you want to determine anything about the vampire elders present, you have 2 options.

1. Figure them out, which uses the Mind stat. It helps you try to figure out what they're thinking, or more personal information.

2. Put a Face to Name. This rolls with the Night Faction, and lets you figure out their reputation-it might also, with a high roll, can give you some leverage on them.

You can only do one or the other, and I'll only allow you to target one vampire at a time.

Also, do vampires have reflections in this world?

6th form is the equivalent to High school in the UK, about 16-18 year olds.

Quinn

in lieu of a response, a map of london appears in the middle of the table. The map grows, and then zooms in on the neighbourhood where your purchased apartments lay. The Firm speaks in turn.

"When we assisted you with this purchase, this was the state of Ley Lines." Three glowing white rivers appear on the map, each moving in different directions. "As you can see, none of them are close to your purchased land, so we did not take it into consideration when assisting.

"However, this is the state of the leylines, two days after your purchase." The white rivers have all merged into a large circle surrounding the apartment, with streams all flowing directly into the property.

"Suddenly, your small uncontested territory, has become an extremely powerful well of mana." They all look at you for a response-or perhaps an explanation.

What do you do?

Merilan
2016-10-02, 04:55 AM
Ružica shook her head slowly, replying, "It will not be a minus factor, but if you insist." She rose slowly to her feet, the click of her leather boots soft on the bar's floor as she approached Novak after it'd been clear his conversation with the woman ended. "Mister Novak," she bowed her head and did a formal, albeit quick curtsey. "Pray, may I speak with you a moment?"

Ružica speaks Hravatski primarily, or Croatian dialect of Serbo-Croatian, but has been educated in some European languages, primarily English and German.

Anyr
2016-10-02, 05:18 AM
Elizabeth made an exaggerated show of surprise. She looked between the map and the Firm with raised eyebrows: As if asking them whether this depiction could really be true. The whole display was transparently fake.

"Has it? Why, so it has! How fortunate! My little investment seems to have paid off."

The implication was clear: That everything had unfolded according to Elizabeth's grand design. Once again, this Immortal chessmaster had perfectly anticipa-Ha! As if. The Firm weren't the only ones who cultivated an exaggerated reputation. In truth, Elizabeth actually was surprised to see the leylines shift so precisely. Oh, she'd certainly sensed that something was afoot in that area; But the feeling was based more on political currents than mystic ones. Her general impression of the local power struggles (based on centuries of watching them unfold) had told her that that building would probably be a good investment. That was all.

But the Firm didn't need to know that. She was quite content to let them draw their own conclusions.

"Well, thank you for informing me of this happy event. You certainly provide a comprehensive service. Will that be all?"

CoreBrute23
2016-10-02, 12:44 PM
Quinn

"This is not the first time the Ley Lines have readjusted themselves." One begins.

"Noticeably, this has been occuring with increasing frequency in the past few weeks." Another continues.

"This accelerated readjustment has made our forecasts...unreliable." The last word is said like it was blasphemy.

"Most appears random, as we cannot determine a purpose, so we had considered it being natural. In fact, you are the only one who has so drastically profited from the changes." The faceless Firm doesn't say it, but you can feel the tension in the room rise, as they all watch you closely. You can feel the accusation hang in the air-that they believe you are responsible for this.

What do you do?

Razade
2016-10-02, 03:48 PM
Ezra

The vampires give you varying degrees of recognition for your words, with the large vampire in the granite chair giving an imperceptibly small nod, while the tall one in bronze gives a respectful bow.

"Elders of the Court," A familiar voice speaks up from behind the bone throne, before walking to it's side. It's the Etonian vamp. He grabs the left armrest of the chair with his right hand but doesn't sit in it.

"Thank you for attending this evening. Unfortunately, The Prince and the Rose Clad were not able to attend, due to prior commitments. Tonight, I will be speaking on behalf of the Prince, my sire." the last part reeks of smug pride. "As you may now, my name is Montogomery Quinton the Third-"

"None of us care about you, you impudent Childe!" The large vampire slams a fist into his granite chair, startling the Etonian vamp.

"Wh-what?" The Etonian responds startled.

"Indeed, the identity of the Prince's new toy is of little concern for us." The vampire sitting in bronze, wearing a dignified brown winter coat, crosses his arms. "So proceed with why we have been summoned here, and then return to your toybox."

"Uh-uh ok, quite." The Etonian is dreadfully flustered-if he had blood in his veins, it would have rushed to his face by now. He pulls out some photigraphs from within his jacket pocket. "Well, the matter at hand involves the incident involving the artifact-"

"Abel's Flavour?" A female vampire jokes, as she twirls her long pigtails. Despite the appearence and uniform of a 6th form student*, she has the eyes of an ancient. "The old fantasy we tell Childes, before we tuck them in at morning? How boring."

"Abel's Favour, yes. While we cannot determine the existence of the artifact, we did determine some form of relic was part of an exchange this evening. So we sent some investigators to determine the veracity of such claims." Montgomery tosses the photo down the table, and it slides neatly to where you stand.

"Ezra, you claim to be an expert on artifacts. Please identify the object in the photograph." Looking at it, there's a young woman in a hoody, standing in an alleyway. She's holding a newspaper in her left hand, and in the right...

Is the Beating Heart from your dreams.

Tell us what the artifact looks like.
If you want to determine anything about the vampire elders present, you have 2 options.

1. Figure them out, which uses the Mind stat. It helps you try to figure out what they're thinking, or more personal information.

2. Put a Face to Name. This rolls with the Night Faction, and lets you figure out their reputation-it might also, with a high roll, can give you some leverage on them.

You can only do one or the other, and I'll only allow you to target one vampire at a time.

Also, do vampires have reflections in this world?

Ezra stands impassibly as the others bicker. One thing the Republicans had right was civil discourse, the Courts could be so terribly droll with their infighting and it certainly wouldn't do to intercede on such a brawl when you weren't a native to the politics. He steps closer to inspect the held out picture, taking a small pair of reading glasses from his chest pocket to scan over the picture. It took a great deal to school his features as his eyes scanned over the heart. A desiccated thing, purple-black with age yet life beat within it, it was Abel's Favor; the insistent beating that drilled through his skull each dawn. "Curious." he offered, his tone clipped. "Would the Court care for a reminder as to what this might be?" He glanced up and over his glasses at the assembled Vampires, eyes level though he didn't wait for confirmation.

"It is said that when Mankind was thrown from the Garden the first man and woman had two children. Abel and Cain. Abel was a herdsman, he tended sheep while Cain tilled the land. The Creator asked for an offering of them both and favored Abel and the burnt blood of his sheep. Cain grew restive and in passion slew his brother, the first murder. The Creator, furious at this act, laid upon Cain a curse. He would be the Father of the Forsaken. As he had stolen life, the most precious thing in the eyes of the Creator, he would live. He would live and suffer until the end of days and only then would he know mercy. Cain went into the land of Nod and fathered children to ease his torment but they too carried the mark, the Curse. The Beast. Cain was the first of us. We are all children of Cain." It was a tired story to most Vampires, the Canitre religion, but Ezra...Ezra was more than a little of a fanatic. He was even before he turned.

"But the story doesn't tell us what happened to Abel. No, he simply...disappears. Was he buried? If so where? And that." he pointed to the picture. "Holds all the answers. Cain did not simply slay his brother, he offered his brother up unto the Creator as Abel had offered the sheep. Cain carved his brother's heart from his chest and in the fires gave up his new offering to the heavens. The fires did not burn it and still it beat. Cain took it into the Land of Nod where it was lost. But here it is in London. How curious. Shall I fetch it?"

Vampires have reflections if they have fed. As long as a vampire has fed in a day or two they're mostly indistinguishable from the living. They're warm, their vitae pumps through their heart though their blood is almost black since it's basically rotting away as it's consumed. They have reflections, they can have sex though all Vampires are sterile, if they cut they bleed though the blood more oozes than seeps out of wounds, Vampires who were tan before the Night claimed them have their tan returned even.

The longer a vampire goes without feeding the more likely they are to be consumed by the hunger or "The Beast", they become more corpselike, all the color leaves them so a Vampire who hasn't fed for months has white starchy hair and their skin is shriveled and close to their bones. Vampires who haven't fed longer are weak, their speed and strength gone and are unable to use what ever powers they have. They're also quite insane, the Beast being in full control and the only impulse is to feed. Any such Vampire who does feed returns to their old self though....often times with some kind of mental damage from their ordeal.

The only way to stave this off is Topor. As Vampires age the long years weigh on them and eventually when they go to sleep as the sun rises...they just stay asleep. This can last weeks or years and generally depends on how old the Vampire is. Legends say the first Vampires are in Topor...somewhere...and they'll wake sometime in the future to cull those with weak blood and usher in a new age of Night. The latter bit isn't just a Cainite religious screed. Most all Vampires fear the Progenitors awakening. Especially those born after the 1900's. That's when the blood began to "thin".

I'll put a Face to a Name with the lady who is mocking the Favor (you with your extra u's you.)

[roll0]

Wouldn't be a game with you Core if I didn't fail my first IC roll would it?

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-02, 06:40 PM

Novak was more than a little concerned that Adrahm had not yet shown, and as such his ability to identify any possible pawns was limited. He hadn't truly considered that the Ifreet had already been able to establish a network, and was more than a little concerned that the owner of the establishment had spoken, gruffly, to Ružica, before she wandered to his table.

He smiled, a feral, vicious grin as she asked to speak to him, "I have given cause for the bodark* to take offense? An assumption, but an educated one, or am I wrong?" He looked to Waltham, smiled, and shrugged his shoulders, holding his hands out in a defeated manner, "Does he wish assurances then, I do not seek to bring violence to this quaint little pub. Yet, I cannot, truthfully, make the same assurances for the one I seek, but I can assure you that the one I seek is not one of our proprietor's kin, nor yours my dear."

As per Core, I will roll my Night faction, -1, to Investigate a Place of Power. [roll0]. Hopefully this gives me an avenue of inquiry before Waltham himself kicks me out.

* The Bodark is a Central Russian aka Carpathian legend of a human who changes into a wolf. The legend says that a child born on a full moon when the Goddess is strongest, between the months of November and February with a full head of hair and possessing a double cowlick, is said to be of Bodark blood. They are werewolf yet are are not bound to change with the cycles in the moon and have exquisit control of their actions. They are more dangerous and terrifying then other bloodlines because of the fact that while in their wolf form, they are completely aware and as intelligent as they are in their human form. With their enhanced abilities and senses, it make them difficult to destroy because of their complete control and the increase in their power over each full moon until they can change at their own will, as well as by the command of a full moon.

Merilan
2016-10-02, 07:42 PM
Ružica looked to Novak, but not with an admonishing or hostile look on her face. Indeed, every encounter Novak has had with the young huntress, she's maintained a dull, emotionless stare that felt genuine -- not the kind of expressionless poker face hiding deeper intentions within. "Not offense, but concern," she replied softly. "It is a tense night for sir Waltham. I am here on vigil tonight, not leisure, as you yourself seem to be. Indeed, it seems an assurance would be well placed, sir Novak."

Anyr
2016-10-02, 10:26 PM
Quinn

"This is not the first time the Ley Lines have readjusted themselves." One begins.

"Noticeably, this has been occuring with increasing frequency in the past few weeks." Another continues.

"This accelerated readjustment has made our forecasts...unreliable." The last word is said like it was blasphemy.

"Most appears random, as we cannot determine a purpose, so we had considered it being natural. In fact, you are the only one who has so drastically profited from the changes." The faceless Firm doesn't say it, but you can feel the tension in the room rise, as they all watch you closely. You can feel the accusation hang in the air-that they believe you are responsible for this.

What do you do?

Elizabeth pitied these people. They wanted the world to exactly match the models in their heads. Maybe if they lived long enough (unlikely), they'd realise that that dream was really a nightmare. She could think of few things more tedious than having the perfect plan. Surprises like this leyline incident were essential to a healthy mind. They tested one's ability to adapt.

"The first to profit, you say? Well, I'm sure I won't be the last. With so many shifts in the network, all sorts of unexpected people will be reaping the benefits. And no doubt many of these newly blessed owners will lack the necessary experience. They'll need sound financial advice. All you have to do is wait until the dust settles; And then scoop up the clients...

...Or so I'd imagine. You surely have far more knowledge of such things than I."

I'm fairly sure that this a Mislead/Distract/Trick move. Elizabeth is trying to make the Firm think that there's no reason to be overly concerned: And to see the opportunities for profit that the leyline shift (supposedly) provides. Is that right?

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-03, 06:27 AM

Novak nodded to the young woman, and stood up from his booth and turned towards the proprietor, and the namesake of the pub, Waltham. He moved around the few patrons, to stand before the bar itself, he leaned forward almost conspiratorially, "Listen mate, you don't like me. I don't particularly like you either, but, truthfully, I respect you and your kin. I wouldn't let my business injure or harm them, not here, not tonight. There's something blowing into London, and I'm here to make sure it blows right through without setting down roots, and that," he looked up at Waltham, his face a mask of concealed thoughts, "is to both our benefits, yeah? So how 'bout another?"

CoreBrute23
2016-10-03, 07:20 AM
Quinn

The Firm is quiet for a very long minute. Their shadowy forms flicker, before realigning.

"This is indeed something we have considered." One speaks emotionlessly.

"We should proceed to speak with said clients about these new opportunities." Another says in a deadpan manner.

"Indeed. Miss Quinn thank you very much for your attendance." They all nod respectfully to you.

"If you have any need for assistance with your new holdings, you have our information." With that, The Firm disappears-they had been using illusion magic to appear, rather than be physically present. The file, however, stays with you.

What would you like to do now?

Ezra

"The item is not why we summoned you." The Etonian tosses a second photograph down the table, passing a copy to each member. "We lost contact with our original surveillance team, while they were enroute to a debriefing point. Instead we found this instead."

The photograph depicts five vampires-or what used to be vampires. Their corpses are desiccated, eyes hollow with hunger. They are naked with their wrists and ankles pinned to the floor with stigmata. Large suction holes are in their arms.

"This is what is left of our surveillance team. Their Vitae has been drained from their bodies, probably through some machine. Their equipment, clothing and personal effects have all be stolen."

"Oh my, I haven't seen something like this since the White Guard was destroyed. How nostalgic." The woman who mocked you before, Alessia Ellesmere, smiles amused from her chair of jewels. This elder is one of the most powerful in the city, having served for over 500 years, she controls through knowing thousands of dark secrets.

Worst of all, she knows yours, and she's held it above you as leverage, since you came to the city. You don't think anyone else knows, and that's the way she likes it.

You know her, she knows you, and she has a debt on you. What's this dark secret she's using as leverage?

"Ezra, your mission is to discover who is behind this, specifically the leader." The Etonian begins, before being interrupted.

"The hell?" The large vampire slams his fist down, causing a crack on his chair-one of many. "One Yankee? We should send a dozen Nightmares, and rip these sons of bitches from their coffins and watch them burn! Someone is challenging the court!"

"Elder Dormand, please allow me let me explain." The young Etonian continues. "Whoever did this knew both that we were investigating the Favor, and our routes to hit our team." He pauses to let the words sink in.

"They have an inside source." The gentle-vampire in Bronze answers. "How delightfully trecherous." He turns to look at you through through his horn rimmed glances. "So we send the Rove to investigate-because he's the only one who couldn't be the informant, as he knows nothing." The other vampires nod in agreement.

"Indeed. So, Ezra Kyle," The Etonian addresses you. "Your mission is to find out the identity of whoever is the mastermind behind this, and how they accomplished it."

They are cashing in their debt on you, for this task. To you accept, or roll to reject? If you accept, cross a line through your debt, but don't erase it. I'm not saying you'll fail, I'm just saying a lot of things happen on the streets. Good to keep a record.

What do you do?

Ruz + Novak

Waltham straightens his back, looking very big. He grips the glass in his hand tightly, then his hands starts to shake uncontrollably.

The glass shatters, as sweat begins to pour from his brow, before Waltham collapses on the bar panthing.

"Wha-what did you do Brimstone?" He glares at you, his eyes becoming yellow. You suddenly realize there was a weird taste in your scotch. You weren't sure, but it's clear now. The drink has been spiked with something, and whatever it is, it affects werewolves but not you.

Waltham begins spasaming on the table, causing Morgana to stand up concerned.

"Walt? What's wrong?" At that moment loud gunfire can be heard from outside, causing the pedestrians to run. A group of five men in black suits kick the door down, holding assault rifles.

"The Prince sends his regards." One of the men says loudly. He aims his gun at Morgana.

What do you do?

What do you do? And also, what have you told your people outside, Bianca and the Bravta muscle to do if something like this happens? Or did you tell them to expect this kind of trouble?

Merilan
2016-10-03, 02:28 PM
The moment Waltham began to show unusual signs, Ružica glanced about her surroundings in search of anything else amiss; however, her vigil would have to wait, as the sound of loud gunfire interrupted all other things. The exact moment the five men entered with their assault rifles, Ružica sprang to action, seizing and throwing a filigreed decanter of holy water from her belt. It struck the floor and shattered, and a bouquet of dancing blue flames erupted high like a funeral pyre.

"Take cover!" she shouted for both Morgana and Novak's benefit, as she darted to the mage and threw the table Morgana was sitting at on its side to pull drag her behind it with some effort. Her hand was on the heirloom whip, her eyes narrowed with a measure of resolve.

CoreBrute23
2016-10-03, 02:43 PM
Ruzika and Novok

The men with assault rifles leap back from the grenade, scattering across the bar. The closest one starts coughing loudly from the hot steam from the fire.

"S**t she's using holy water. Crap I think it went in my lungs." He continues to cough.

Morgana is still confused and is easily pulled behind the table with you.

"Wha-what's going on?" She looks back at Waltham. "We-we can't leave him behind! They'll kill him!"

What do you do?

You are vulnerable to holy damage when in demon form. Does the presence of blessed phenomenon affect you when you are in human form? If so how?

Also, what do you do?

Razade
2016-10-03, 04:18 PM
Ezra

"The item is not why we summoned you." The Etonian tosses a second photograph down the table, passing a copy to each member. "We lost contact with our original surveillance team, while they were enroute to a debriefing point. Instead we found this instead."

The photograph depicts five vampires-or what used to be vampires. Their corpses are desiccated, eyes hollow with hunger. They are naked with their wrists and ankles pinned to the floor with stigmata. Large suction holes are in their arms.

"This is what is left of our surveillance team. Their Vitae has been drained from their bodies, probably through some machine. Their equipment, clothing and personal effects have all be stolen."

"Oh my, I haven't seen something like this since the White Guard was destroyed. How nostalgic." The woman who mocked you before, Alessia Ellesmere, smiles amused from her chair of jewels. This elder is one of the most powerful in the city, having served for over 500 years, she controls through knowing thousands of dark secrets.

Worst of all, she knows yours, and she's held it above you as leverage, since you came to the city. You don't think anyone else knows, and that's the way she likes it.

You know her, she knows you, and she has a debt on you. What's this dark secret she's using as leverage?

"Ezra, your mission is to discover who is behind this, specifically the leader." The Etonian begins, before being interrupted.

"The hell?" The large vampire slams his fist down, causing a crack on his chair-one of many. "One Yankee? We should send a dozen Nightmares, and rip these sons of bitches from their coffins and watch them burn! Someone is challenging the court!"

"Elder Dormand, please allow me let me explain." The young Etonian continues. "Whoever did this knew both that we were investigating the Favor, and our routes to hit our team." He pauses to let the words sink in.

"They have an inside source." The gentle-vampire in Bronze answers. "How delightfully trecherous." He turns to look at you through through his horn rimmed glances. "So we send the Rove to investigate-because he's the only one who couldn't be the informant, as he knows nothing." The other vampires nod in agreement.

"Indeed. So, Ezra Kyle," The Etonian addresses you. "Your mission is to find out the identity of whoever is the mastermind behind this, and how they accomplished it."

They are cashing in their debt on you, for this task. To you accept, or roll to reject? If you accept, cross a line through your debt, but don't erase it. I'm not saying you'll fail, I'm just saying a lot of things happen on the streets. Good to keep a record.

What do you do?

Ezra continues to stand silently. They could have at least provided him something to drink. "Ladies, gentleman please." he raises a hand, hoping they'll all just shut up for a moment. "We have for the first time in centuries a confirmed sighting of Abel's Favor. I believe we should place that as a priority. The two are certainly linked. Find the heart, find the mastermind? They won't be able to help but come after the Court when it has the Heart. Clearly that's their goal as well as should be yours. After all, isn't that what Cain would do?"

Hey, why not fail another roll? There's Advancement the same way it works in Masks right? Oh, guess not. Rolling to reject their debt. For now.
[roll0]

As for the debt, Miss Ellesmere knows about the dreams related to the Favor. If anyone knew Ezra was having "visions" he'd probably lose a lot of cred in the wider Vampire society.

CoreBrute23
2016-10-03, 10:18 PM
Ezra

There is a long pause, as the Elders stare at you in disbelief-all but the man in the bronze seat, whose face is emotionless, and Ellesmere, who keeps the same cheeky smile.

Finally, the pause is broken by the Etonian vampire, whose voice has become monotone.

"I see. I don't believe we have anything further to discuss with you Ezra Kyle. You are excused." The large door behind you is opened by two ghouls in modern suits.

"Good riddance," The large vampire whispers, but loud enough that every vampire can hear with their enhanced senses. "Damn Rove thinks he knows better than his Elders."

You haven't lost face with the faction, but they have no further use for you, so they don't want you to be part of this meeting. What do you do?
And no, potential is not a thing in Urban Shadows, so failing rolls is it's own reward.

Razade
2016-10-03, 10:36 PM
Ezra

There is a long pause, as the Elders stare at you in disbelief-all but the man in the bronze seat, whose face is emotionless, and Ellesmere, who keeps the same cheeky smile.

Finally, the pause is broken by the Etonian vampire, whose voice has become monotone.

"I see. I don't believe we have anything further to discuss with you Ezra Kyle. You are excused." The large door behind you is opened by two ghouls in modern suits.

"Good riddance," The large vampire whispers, but loud enough that every vampire can hear with their enhanced senses. "Damn Rove thinks he knows better than his Elders."

You haven't lost face with the faction, but they have no further use for you, so they don't want you to be part of this meeting. What do you do?
And no, potential is not a thing in Urban Shadows, so failing rolls is it's own reward.

"If that is how you feel." Ezra's tone is certainly more clipped than before, taking a bow before he turns on his heel and walking out the door. It was time to find the young lady in the picture. Who ever drained those poor unfortunate souls were looking for the Favor as well. Perhaps they'd be more open to discussion.

Ah, good to know. I see where taking Advances is listed. Nevermind.

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-03, 10:36 PM

As the gunmen burst into the pub, Novak spun around with a snarl, mortal weapons held less threat than they once had, but the gunmen themselves. There was something about them, he reached out to the tenuous connection that he had with his Patron, Czernobog, destruction, death, decay, a creature who made shrines of abattoirs. There was a reek to the gunmen, something he never would have detected before he sold his soul to the butcher, it smelled of decay, rot, and he'd smelled it before.

"Corpses," he spoke to the gunmen, "you're all f&^king corpses."

"Take cover!"

The gothic slayer drew something from her coat, and tossed it between Novak and the soldiers, it erupted in a shower of blessed water, and where it struck it burned, a ethereal blue. The flames were spiritual in nature, and would not burn the pub, nor the human patrons. Yet, even though Novak had been flayed, and burnt, before being brought back, he knew that the vial of innocuous liquid would burn him, in a manner he did not wish to experience.

The young woman in the hoodie, screamed as Ruzika led her away from the fiery explosion of the holy fire, it snapped Novak back to the matter at hand. Five soldiers of the Vampire Court, acting on whose orders was the question, but still they had attacked Waltham in his own pub, on his turf. As much as Novak didn't like the man, the thought offended him, and they used something to make him implicit in the attack.

Before he could engage the Court's soldiers, he needed to get Waltham out of harms way, if he died, Novak was sure some of his kin would blame him, and seek retribution on him, and his bratva. He winced as he plunged through the fire, shouldering the heavy man he shouldered through a back door, into a seedy alley that smelled of piss, and desperation.

He whistled for his soldiers, they had been ordered to form a perimeter and keep an eye out for the Arab, Adrahm, but at least they were there when he needed them. He lowered Waltham to the ground, as he watched the sedan's headlights approach the alley.

He looked at the large, heavily muscled old man. "Wasn't me mate, if I wanted you dead, I'd make sure you saw me coming, yeah? Poison, that's for b!tches, and leeches." He spat, and hoped that his soldiers hadn't run into any trouble.

Sorry I couldn't post quicker as I was working the noon to 8pm shift today. Anyways, I am going to break up my action into two separate tests; the first, as suggested by Core is to roll Spirit, +1, to Let it Out and see if I can identify the gunmen as supernaturals. I know Ruzika's Holy Water did just that, but I figure it is something I wanted to do anyways. [roll0]. Hopefully that works!

Secondly, as pointed out we can't leave Waltham behind, so using the Opportunity that her Holy Water grenade caused, I will roll Blood, +2, to Escape the Situation with Waltham. Hopefully that works for you Core. [roll1].

For Let it Out, I will choose to extend my senses, so I can sense their true nature. And as such I will mark Corruption. Secondly, it looks like I can get Waltham out, but I will suffer harm for it. Holy fire burns! It burns!

Merilan
2016-10-04, 12:29 AM
Ružica answered Morgana, "That man has a sense of honour. I trust him to protect Waltham." She rose to one knee and stated, "Wait here."

She drew the the Bijela Ruža, the heirloom whip of the Palebloods along its length in her gloved hand, feeling its blessed and yet ominous power. She could feel the emanation of its hatred of vampires; in turn, a brewing emanation of its hatred towards her as well. The blood of the Rose-Clad woman within her reacted to it, causing her to tremble. It reminded her of the constant knife's-edge she walked, beyond life and death, beyond hunter and hunted -- between mortality and the Night.

"I will exterminate all obstacles."

She darted out of the corner -- with the reach afforded to her by the chain whip, she struck out at the closest vampire for a direct crushing blow to his head, and swept the chain around in a skillful dance of strikes. Unlike other hunters, and even those of the Paleblood, she didn't indulge in bravado; her expression had not changed much from when she spoke with Novak, even in the midst of a bloody combat.

Eliminate those that have come to oppose you.

It's one of the only constants she can still hold as a comfort in this dark, confusing city.

Anyr
2016-10-04, 02:52 AM
The Firm is quiet for a very long minute. Their shadowy forms flicker, before realigning.

"This is indeed something we have considered." One speaks emotionlessly.

"We should proceed to speak with said clients about these new opportunities." Another says in a deadpan manner.

"Indeed. Miss Quinn thank you very much for your attendance." They all nod respectfully to you.

"If you have any need for assistance with your new holdings, you have our information." With that, The Firm disappears-they had been using illusion magic to appear, rather than be physically present. The file, however, stays with you.

Pretentious twits. Accountants shouldn't try to be enigmatic. It never works. With an internal sigh, Elizabeth stood up. She wasted no time in leaving both the file and the room behind. Soon enough, her vintage car was drawing away from the bank. The night was young. There were so many things that needed to be done. But first, Elizabeth checked her messages. Were there any more annoyances knocking at her door?

CoreBrute23
2016-10-04, 12:57 PM
Quinn

As your car drives up to you, you see Ezra come out of the bank.

Were you expecting any calls today? Do you want to just drive off, or speak to the young vampire?

Ezra

Once you leave, the door shuts behind you. The symbol on the door shifts, and you can no longer hear anything on the other side.

You step out of the building, and notice Quinn standing in front of a vintage automobile.

You've got a few choices. You could put a name to a face, to try to identify this girl (and possibly gain extra info/leverage on her) or just Hit the streets, to try and find her through your contacts. If you do either, mark the Power Faction and then roll with Power.

Of course you could put a name to a face, and then hit the streets. Mo Rolls Mo problems. :smallbiggrin:

What do you do?

Ruz and Novok

The vampire you strike goes down immediately, as smoke erupts from where the weapon made impact, turning half his face to dust. Another vampire is struck by the chain across it's midsection, cutting it's arm off at the shoulder. The vampire holds it's new stump in pain, while the flailing limb turns to dust. The surviving vampires leap to cover, as far from the chain as possible.

This is the perfect opportunity for Novok to move, so he charges through the fire, carrying Waltham in his. However, the pain is horrific for his tainted soul. Still, he makes it out of the bar, with the wolf still convulsing but alive. He's conscious, but barely, you see he bears his teeth at you-although it's not clear if it's a threat or a smile.

Ruz

"The Bijela Ruža-the paleblood's here?" You hear one vampire shout from cover.

"I don't give a ****, she took my arm!" The armless one grabs a female mortal, and holds her close in his iron grip. It's not sure if she's a hostage, or just a food source for him. You notice it's the woman Novok had been talking to in the bar.

What do you do? There's 3 vampires left, and 1 hostage. Also, Morgana is still there with you.

Novok

Across the street, Bianca is crouched over the Bravta muscle she had walked with, Baako, whose groaning against a wall with a large imprint on it. He struggles to his feet when he sees you.

"Sorry boss. These guys in black suddenly appeared, and tossed me into a wall.' Bianca clenches a manicured fist.

"Michal should seen these guys coming *swears in Russian*."

What do you do?

Merilan
2016-10-04, 03:23 PM
Ružica let out a scowl and hissed, "Fiend!" Her demeanor did not change much, though, as she walked forward calmly, the weapon still held. "You scarce know of the sins you bear, defiler. Release her, and I may yet grant you a painless death."

Anyr
2016-10-05, 02:01 AM
As your car drives up to you, you see Ezra come out of the bank.

Elizabeth spared Ezra only a brief glance. She was vaguely curious as to the expression on his face. Had his meeting gone well? Little clues like these helped to build a complete picture. But aside from that, she was content to ignore him. His time on the stage was yet to come.

Elizabeth continued to check her messages, as she got into the car. She wasn't really expecting anything important: Just the usual stream of invitations, boasting and the like, from people she barely knew nor cared about.

Razade
2016-10-05, 02:21 AM
Ezra

Once you leave, the door shuts behind you. The symbol on the door shifts, and you can no longer hear anything on the other side.

You step out of the building, and notice Quinn standing in front of a vintage automobile.

You've got a few choices. You could put a name to a face, to try to identify this girl (and possibly gain extra info/leverage on her) or just Hit the streets, to try and find her through your contacts. If you do either, mark the Power Faction and then roll with Power.

Of course you could put a name to a face, and then hit the streets. Mo Rolls Mo problems. :smallbiggrin:

What do you do?

Ezra tips his hat to Elizabeth before she slips into the car. If she'd wanted something, she'd have said something. No need to antagonize her. Yet. Which meant that it was time to slip into the streets, look for the girl and ferret out the heart. He'd almost be glum considering the Court's inability to see ahead of the game. But if someone was fighting against the Court...well. He was a Rove now, best not to make enemies.

Sure, why not both. Shouldn't I have marked Night as well since I Put a Face to Name on a Vampire? Just asking, ya know...new system sorta.

So...this is for Hitting the Streets
[roll0]
Well that's a fail but!

This is for Face to Name
[roll1]
This isn't!

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-05, 04:04 AM

Novak seethed, he stared at Baako, Bianca was not wrong. He had failed him, the unexpected intrusion had damaged the bratva, and more importantly, Novak's standing within London's supernatural community. Since Czernobog's influence, Novak's anger was typically just below the surface, and now with the pain of the holy flames still fresh, he had visions of a dimly lit abattoir, a meat hook, and a flaying knife.

He shoved those thoughts aside, for now, at the least. He looked to Bianca, "Help this motherless whore load our friend into the car, take him to the safe house. I'll send a doctor and a dozen men to watch the doors."

He spun, looked to where Waltham was propped against the alley wall, "Listen here you f&^king wolf, those blood sucking whores came to YOUR place, drugged YOU, lucky for you I had business at the pub," he nodded his head back towards the mouth of the alley. "My people are going to take you somewhere safe, once I've figured out why these bastards are after you and yours, I'll bring you up to speed. Don't f&^k with my people, the only reason they are involved is because you have enemies."

He then turned and walked towards the front of the pub, circling around and behind the Court's soldiers. Once in past the threshold, he felt the flames, not of Ružica's holy flame, but of somewhere decidedly less, pleasant. The charnel house, the smell of burning bodies, the floor thick with blood and offal. The screams of dying men, women, children, screaming.

His skin burnt and cracked, the delicious pain flowing through him like a drug, he flexed his hands, the the bones popping and snapping. He reached a hand out, the smoke from his smoldering flesh, coalesced into something almost solid, and as his hand close around the smoke and the flame, it became frighteningly real. A massive sledge hammer, it's haft made of old, bloodstained, hardwood, worn smooth with ages of use, it's head, blunt, heavy, cold, black iron. It gleamed in the swinging light of the pub, a hammer was not a pretty weapon, nor was it a clean death. Yet, each soul claimed with it was another sacrifice, another pledge for Czernobog.

"Which of you little blood sucking b!tches is going to talk, because that's the only one who isn't going to be ash when this $h!t is over."

Oh, you can count on Novak holding a Debt over Waltham's head in future. But first some a$$ kicking, and hopefully a live (dead?) vamp for questioning. Later. But first, the Devil Inside. Rolling Blood, +2, [roll0], and we'll see how Czernobog feels about me throwing down with the Night Faction. Apparently he's ok with a little mayhem, so for my 1 option, I will chose a Demonic Weapon (3-harm, close), and I will accept a point of Corruption for +1 Armor.

CoreBrute23
2016-10-05, 05:52 AM
Ruzika

As you walk forward, to indimidate your quary, your startled from a scream from behind you. It's Morgana!

You hadn't been watching her, and she was now in the grip of a 6th black clad vampire, who was dragging her towards the fire exit-he must have got in that way.

In your confusion, the one armed vampire runs out a side window, the girl (Novok's friend Verda) in toe. You hear her scream as the glass cuts her.

They're both in danger and going in different directions!

What do you do?

Novok

As you come in, the smoke billowing off your demonic form, you hear rather than see the glass shatter to your right-a vampire just escaped through a window carrying something. Before you can get a better look, the three remaining vampires on your side of the holy fire turn their assault rifles on you.

You also notice there's a vampire on Ruz' side, holding the girl in a hoodie in it's embrace.

What do you do?

Also you did a big favor for Waltham, saving his life. You definitely get a debt on him. Have you marked your 2 harm on your sheet yet?
Ezra

Name to a Face: The girl is named Morgana Hemwick, she's a member of the Canary Wharf Chantry, a small but influential group of mages with connections across the UK. She is a daughter of one of the founders, but apparently at odds with her father over some matter. Rumor has it, she's been looking for a way out of the city.

Hit the streets: It proves difficult to find this girl-not many people seem to know where she's been, and she's not really part of the 'illicit' scenes you frequent. After some fruitless searching, you get in a car (Are you driving, or did you hire a taxi/uber?) to move to the next destination.

However, the car doesn't go that way. In fact, it goes in the wrong destination, and starts speeding up-recklessly so.

"Hello there." Your greeted by a white hared gentleman sitting next to you who wasn't there before. "Ezra Kyle, I hear you've been asking a lot of questions about my daughter." The car practically tilts when it makes a sharp left.

"I have a few as well."

http://cdn.quotationof.com/images/charles-dance-3.jpg
You should have already marked Night from the start of session move. Weren't you nominated Night faction? You don't mark twice until you've marked every faction once. At this point you should have Power and Night marked.

What do you do?

Quinn

As usual there are dozens of messages from sycophants, both mortal and supernatural, who want the pleasure of your company for some gala or another. The occasional stalker slips in to, but nothing you aren't used to by now.

Suddenly you get a call-it's from the personal security at your home.

"Uh, Miss Quinn?" It's your elderly, but very timid Welsh security guard George. He's very competent, having 15 years in the SAS, but for some reason is terrified of you. "So sorry to bother you maam, but there's a man at the door who wishes to talk to you. He said you were old friends. Umm, he's kinda old looking, sounds Polish or Russian.

'Oh, and he's got this big hammer. Should I call the police?"

What do you do?

Anyr
2016-10-05, 07:55 AM
There were times when Elizabeth dearly wanted to be wrong; This was one of them. Because she had a sneaking suspicion that she knew the visitor's identity. How tiresome. Still, such a person couldn't just be shown the door: Not unless it was hammerproof.

"No, that won't be necessary. Just tell our guest that I'll soon be there. He's free to make himself comfortable on the lawn until then."

She leaned forward to address the car's driver.

"Change of plans, Emily. Take us home."

CoreBrute23
2016-10-05, 08:14 AM
Quinn

You reach your home soon enough, and your fears are confirmed. Crouched down outside your home, dressed in a century old jacket, and smelling like old cigarettes and funeral pyres, is the man with the hammer. Czernobog smiles wryly when he sees you, standing at his own pace.

"Good Evening Valeriya. It's been so long. You go by Elizabeth now don't you?" He shifts his hammer to his left hand, before offering you his right to shake. You can see it stained with what you doubt is just animal blood.

"You have a lovely home. It's 'brimming' with potential." He chuckles at his own joke. "Will you invite me in?"

What was your name when you fought his Tainted back in Stalin era? And do you shake his hand? Do you invite him in?What do you do?

Anyr
2016-10-05, 11:35 AM
'Valeriya'; The name was still familiar to Elizabeth. From her perspective, she'd only recently stopped using it. It had a nice ring to it: Unlike (to pick a completely random example) 'Czernobog'. Refusing the Demon's offered hand, she gave him a look usually reserved for cockroaches. There was no point in being courteous to such a creature. His kind couldn't be swayed by social niceties. They just used the appearance of such things to ensnare others. Elizabeth also denied him entrance to her home. Demonic essence was so difficult to wash out of the carpets.

"Not long enough. And no, I won't. We can speak in the gazebo over there."

Once the two of them were seated, Elizabeth braced herself for more of Czernobog's pointless babble. She'd yet to meet a Demon who got straight to the point, without trying out their tired stand-up act. The hammer in his hand caused her no concern. Creatures like him had rules. If they could just appear on Earth and smash someone, they wouldn't need to mess about with tricks and contracts. Or so Elizabeth assumed, anyway. The laws of Hell were cloaked in mists. She'd only managed to sketch their broad outlines.

"So, what brings you to this neck of the material plane? And more importantly, when are you leaving?"

CoreBrute23
2016-10-05, 01:08 PM
Quinn

"Your house your rules." Czernobog steps into the Gazebo after you.

"As for why I'm here, it's fairly simple." Herelaxes comfortably in the chair. His hammer rests against his leg, like a loyal hound. "I saw the signs before the others, in blood and smoke. I could see the grand prize. Bigger than what you fought my servant for in Stalingrad, and died for. This is not the time to fight for the souls of man.

"I'm at war for this Nation's soul itself." He pulls out a dirty flask from his jacket and takes a sip. "You must have realized it as well. The shifting leylines, is a sign that the battlefield is still being set. Destiny is no longer written in stone, and chaos is in the air. It's very exciting for an old war god like myself." He rests his hand on the table between you two.

"Of course there are those who do not play by the rules-those who must be punished." He lifts his hand from the table. There's a small hammer, half the length of a pencil and just as thin, with a rubber eraser for the head. You sense it's much more dangerous than it appears.

"One in need of punishment is a witch, born Morgana Hemwick. She worked with my enemies to usurp my power. I tried to find her myself, but she is guarded by spells." He taps the small hammer with his index finger. "You will find this girl, and tap her forehead with this hammer, shattering her shields. I shall then do the rest.

"If you do so, your contract with Morena* will remain a secret between you and I." He waits to hear your response.

Russian goddess of death and rebirth.

He's cashing in his debt. Do you accept it or roll to reject it? Either way, mark Wild faction.

Razade
2016-10-05, 03:38 PM
Ezra

Name to a Face: The girl is named Morgana Hemwick, she's a member of the Canary Wharf Chantry, a small but influential group of mages with connections across the UK. She is a daughter of one of the founders, but apparently at odds with her father over some matter. Rumor has it, she's been looking for a way out of the city.

Hit the streets: It proves difficult to find this girl-not many people seem to know where she's been, and she's not really part of the 'illicit' scenes you frequent. After some fruitless searching, you get in a car (Are you driving, or did you hire a taxi/uber?) to move to the next destination.

However, the car doesn't go that way. In fact, it goes in the wrong destination, and starts speeding up-recklessly so.

"Hello there." Your greeted by a white hared gentleman sitting next to you who wasn't there before. "Ezra Kyle, I hear you've been asking a lot of questions about my daughter." The car practically tilts when it makes a sharp left.

"I have a few as well."

http://cdn.quotationof.com/images/charles-dance-3.jpg
You should have already marked Night from the start of session move. Weren't you nominated Night faction? You don't mark twice until you've marked every faction once. At this point you should have Power and Night marked.

What do you do?

Ezra steps gingerly into the car, some night just weren't his it seemed, but he'd find the young lady eventually. Or he would if the driver of the car drove the right way, especially as the car started to speed up! "It seems you have me at an impasse sir." he offers, motioning to the very quickly moving road ahead of them. "Perhaps we can find somewhere a little less abandon? Hard to ask questions when you're a streak across some nameless road in London yes?"

Just making sure.

Merilan
2016-10-05, 06:51 PM
Ružica's eyes shot wide open as Novak circled and entered from the front, but he'd unleashed a power that she'd never seen before. Unfortunately, this wasn't the time to question or even gawk, as Morgana's scream had her head whipped the other way and her feet moving. "You cur!"

She couldn't help both of them at once -- she could only hope Novak would be honorable enough to help the woman she was helping earlier. She checked the table for Morgana's packet and picked it up if it was still there; then, she sprang out the window and gave chase up the fire exit.

Making sure that Morgana didn't drop her package before leaving out and giving chase. What would I roll here?

CoreBrute23
2016-10-05, 10:29 PM
Ruzika

Morgana, despite being taken by surprise, is still holding her mysterious package close to her chest.

You focus on your training, on the blood in your veins, and you move faster than any human has a right to, your drive compelling you.

Down the street, you see the vampire struggling to drag Morgana, keeping a hand on her mouth, and wincing as she apparently bites him. When he sees you coming, he swears, and smacks her on the back of the head with his gun, dazing her. In that moment, he rips the package from her hands and runs to a van.

You catch up to Morgana, lying on the floor. There's blood at the back of her head, and she's staring off into space. She could have a concussion. On the otherhand, if you stick around to make sure she's safe, the Vampire will get into the car with the package.

What do you do?

Ezra

"No, I think this is as good a place for a conversation as any, leech." He seems completely unbothered by the high speeds. His hair barely moves when you take sharp turns. There's no fear in his eyes, no perspiration of anxiety...wait a minute. There's no smell either. You can't smell his blood or him either. He's not actually there. He must be an illusion of some kind, or maybe a ghost.

"You have a few minutes to tell me what you know about my daughter and where she is, leech, before we end up at Canary Wharf, and this car goes tumbling into the Thames." It feels like the car is going faster.

What do you do?

Razade
2016-10-05, 10:40 PM
Ruzika

Morgana, despite being taken by surprise, is still holding her mysterious package close to her chest.

You focus on your training, on the blood in your veins, and you move faster than any human has a right to, your drive compelling you.

Down the street, you see the vampire struggling to drag Morgana, keeping a hand on her mouth, and wincing as she apparently bites him. When he sees you coming, he swears, and smacks her on the back of the head with his gun, dazing her. In that moment, he rips the package from her hands and runs to a van.

You catch up to Morgana, lying on the floor. There's blood at the back of her head, and she's staring off into space. She could have a concussion. On the otherhand, if you stick around to make sure she's safe, the Vampire will get into the car with the package.

What do you do?

Ezra

"No, I think this is as good a place for a conversation as any, leech." He seems completely unbothered by the high speeds. His hair barely moves when you take sharp turns. There's no fear in his eyes, no perspiration of anxiety...wait a minute. There's no smell either. You can't smell his blood or him either. He's not actually there. He must be an illusion of some kind, or maybe a ghost.

"You have a few minutes to tell me what you know about my daughter and where she is, leech, before we end up at Canary Wharf, and this car goes tumbling into the Thames." It feels like the car is going faster.

What do you do?

"That seems a strange place for us to end up. I don't need to breath. Shouldn't you just drive us into a wall? That would at least slow me down for a while." Ezra tests his holds, still quite displeased at the predicament. "I'm afraid I don't know where she is or I'd be on my way there. I know she's looking to get out of the city. Is that because of you Mr. Hemwick? We're allies here, I don't want her to leave either. She has something of mine."

While I'm failing rolls, Figure Someone Out

[roll0]

Christ these rolls! I need some Sebastian blood on this guy.

Merilan
2016-10-05, 10:50 PM
She's just a girl. One girl. What can she do?

The sentiment of an errant Oracle that she overheard one day still haunted her. There were many things that held her back in this dark city -- her youth, her inexperience, the limits of her mortal body. The fact that even amongst other Palebloods, she wasn't the strongest, or the fastest runner.

Ružica let out a little hiss as she felt her muscles strain; she leapt from rung to rung, and soared across in chase of her ward. She could feel her blood echo in her veins, spur her to slightly greater heights. She just wasn't sure which part of her wicked blood it was -- the Pale blood, or the Rose-clad's?

It wasn't enough, however. She stopped near Morgana as she fell and clutched her, inspecting her wound. "You have need of aid, immediately..." she frowned, as she reached for a cloth in her pack to dampen the blood. She could only watch -- and keep track of the car registration, though she was sure it was a disposable vehicle anyway.

Ruzica wants to help Morgana's injuries out.

Anyr
2016-10-05, 11:18 PM
Elizabeth paid no mind to Czernobog's talk of destiny and chaos. He could easily just be telling her what she wanted to hear. The smart Demons (of which there were surprisingly few) played to their audience. No, what mattered here was the price. That was always the key with his kind. Elizabeth carefully considered all the various ways that this decision might affect her. Unsurprisingly, she spared no such thought for Morgana's fate.

She paused for a full minute before replying. Finally, her head inclined ever so slightly forward.

"Agreed."

CoreBrute23
2016-10-06, 12:37 AM
Ezra

"You clearly have never gone swimming in the Thames in the moonlight. It's divine." He remarks, although his joke feels more like a threat.

"She has something of yours? That I find difficult to believe. Leeches own nothing that they have not stolen from another." He raises a hand at you. "Let's see past your lies." His eyes glow green.

Then you feel tremendous pain in your skull, as if a hand has broken through and was squeezing your brain like a stress ball.

He will ask you two questions (well take the answers from your mind), you must answer truthfully:
What’s Ezra hoping to get from finding Morgana?
Whose pulling you strings?

Quinn

"Wonderful." He chuckles like a friendly grandfather. "I am glad to find you so agreeable." He stands up, his hammer back in hand.

"You should move with speed. By sunrise, this girl will have either left the city, or this mortal coil. And if the latter, it should be by my hand." He raises his flask to you.

"A toast to your good fortune," He takes a long sip. "Little fisherman's girl."

Then he is gone. It was like he was never there. The only sign that he was present is the tiny hammer resting on the table.

Put a line through your debt with him. If you complete the debt, erase it entirely.

What do you do now?

Ruzika

You pat the blood, and hold her tight. Her breathing is regular enough, and you feel her warm breath on your face as you hold her close.

"I-I can't see, so dizzy. Why is my head so warm?" You feel her right hand hold onto your arm like it was a lifeline, desperate for comfort.

This feels like an intimate moment. Read your intimacy move and do the effect.

Still, while you can stop the bleeding, she needs proper medical attention.

You need to take her to somewhere, or someone who can help her. Where are you going to take her?

The vamp and his car moved so quickly, that you only caught a glance at the plate. Was it enough?

You can roll to let it out, if you think memorizing the license plate is improtant. Your call though-you willing to risk the corruption?

Razade
2016-10-06, 12:43 AM
Ezra

"You clearly have never gone swimming in the Thames in the moonlight. It's divine." He remarks, although his joke feels more like a threat.

"She has something of yours? That I find difficult to believe. Leeches own nothing that they have not stolen from another." He raises a hand at you. "Let's see past your lies." His eyes glow green.

Then you feel tremendous pain in your skull, as if a hand has broken through and was squeezing your brain like a stress ball.

He will ask you two questions (well take the answers from your mind), you must answer truthfully:
What’s Ezra hoping to get from finding Morgana?
Whose pulling you strings?

Ezra brings his hands up to his eyes, grunting loudly as the pain starts to swell behind his eyes. The solid image of a still beating though badly damaged heart throbs in time with the pain. It is the answer, it is the question. It's dull rhythm is all there is. It is a heart and it is the heart to all that Ezra seems to be.

The first answer is Abel's Favor...the second...I don't really know if there's an answer? Abel's Favor is pulling the strings? Commanding Ezra to find it

Merilan
2016-10-06, 12:50 AM
When you share a moment of intimacy—physical or emotional—with another person, ask them a question; they must answer it honestly. They will ask you a question in return; answer it honestly or mark corruption.

"You were wounded," Ružica spoke plainly, but firmly. She wrapped the cloth around her, tighter, to staunch the bleeding, and put her arm around her shoulder and reached for her cellphone. She had trouble operating it, but Ashley coded her number into it and expressly taught her how to call her in times of need.

"Ashley? Can you hear me? It is I, Ružica. I have wounded with me, and I have need of the Maven's healing magic. How quickly could you or someone come to..." She glanced up at the street she was on, "Castor by Poplar High Street? ... yes, I see. I will wait at the nearest haven."

She hung up, and then looked to the young mage as she began walking, supporting her as she went along. "Those men were after your life, and the item you held. They escaped with it. What was it?"

CoreBrute23
2016-10-06, 01:36 AM
Ruzika

"Ruzie?" Ashley responds with her nickname for you. "Wounded? How bad? Uh, well yeah I can make it. It's a bit far, but I can get there in 20 minutes. Just keep her from moving too much." You can tell that Ashley is definitely going out of her way for you. Your going to need to give her a debt for this favor.
"Th-the relic." The memory comes back to her, and tears start to form in her eyes. "One of my father's, I-I don't know what it's called. The man showed me the picture, told me he could take me to safety." She starts to weep.

"That was my way out, and now my father will hate me, and I'm gonna die without saying sorry," She presses her face against your chest, sobbing wildly. "It's all my fault-all I do is make people suffer. Dad, Waltham, Livia, Antonoff-oh God! I deserve to die!" She looks up at you, her makeup smeared.

"Do you know what that's like? Being the cause of so much suffering and pain?"

Mark Power for using an Intimacy move on Morgana. Time to answer the question-if you lie, mark corruption.

Ezra

"Hah." The man moves his hand away, and the pain stops. "So that's it. You are the chosen of Abel." He gives a smile, like a gambler with a winning hand.

"The artifact has been in my family for several centuries, until my daughter stole it today. I will make you a deal." He rests his cane on his lap.

"Bring me back my daughter before sunrise. If you do, I shall tell you how to awaken Abel's Favour from it's dormancy. Otherwise," He looks out the window. You've reached Canary Wharf.

"It's a lovely night for a swim."

What do you do?

Anyr
2016-10-06, 03:12 AM
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Elizabeth could almost taste the swill in that wretched hip flask. She really hated that Demon...

...No. No she didn't. Even that emotion was denied to her. For all of Czernobog's detestable traits, Elizabeth couldn't muster the energy to hate him. After so many centuries, strong dislike was the best she could manage. With a weary sigh, she picked up the tiny hammer. Best to get this over with. A few minutes later, she emerged from her house; Dressed in a nondescript long coat, over an equally nondescript outfit. No fancy business suit for this venture. No fancy car, either. Elizabeth drove away (sans chauffeur) in one that wouldn't attract so much attention. The hunt was on.

Elizabeth is off to hit up her contacts for information on Morgana's location. I think this is a Hit the Streets roll, for either Night or Power. My score is the same with both: [roll0]

CoreBrute23
2016-10-06, 03:22 AM
Quinn

This is a power roll-she's still a part of the Power Faction. Name and tell me about the Power contact you are going to for information on Morgana's location.

Merilan
2016-10-06, 03:51 AM
"Thank you, Ashley. I am in your debt."

Ružica's face did not change -- indeed, she still wore... no, she still had the same face when she spoke to Novak, when she fought the vampires. To know of such pain and suffering... could someone who couldn't very much feel know such a thing?

She still cradled Morgana where they waited, in a small haven in a park -- one of the designated safe spaces where witches could shelter themselves during inopportune times. It was not like the space in Hyde Park -- one could not stay here for too long, but the little enchantments on it both notified other witches of its occupancy while affording them privacy for the time being.

"My existence can only create suffering, Miss Morgana," she spoke tersely, but she was trying to be empathic. "I am a weapon. A tool. Many have used me, many use me, and many will continue to use me, until the last drop of my pale blood dries upon the ground. When I came to this city, my hunt brought a community centre down in flames, and left many homeless without the shelter they've come to expect. All to destroy two vampires."

There was a pause, and then she says, "Dishonour not Waltham, who would go to great lengths to ensure you are shielded. You are beloved. Discard not the affections of those close to you."

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-06, 06:13 AM
Harm: 2 (Faint, Grevious)

As Ruzica pursued the fleeing leech, Novak turned towards the remaining three, "Now that the child is left, I do not need to maintain her delicate sensibilities. The final death she would have given you would have been painless. Now that it's us men, lets not pretend it will end in anything less than brutal agony, yea?"

He dove into the three of them, shifting his weight towards the lead vampire, the one who seemed to have the respect of his soldiers. Him, he drove the haft of the hammer straight across he throat, spun, shifting his weight to drive the head into the side of his skull, pinning him to the wall. Then he reared back and slammed the hammer to the side of his skull, knocking it into the wall, again, and again.

There was a crack, and then the soft sound of something hitting the floor. Novak looked down, grinned, and kicked the leech's fanged teeth towards his friends. "You'll be feeding that one his blood out of a box for a week or more. IF I let him live. Now why don't you two f^%k off before I leave all of you on meat hooks for the next few years. Get out of my sight, and you can tell your f^%king Prince, the price of my services just went up because of this $h!t!"

Rolling to Unleash an Attack against the lead vampire, rolling Blood, +2, [roll0]. Lets see how this goes, it could end badly! Heh! 3 Harm to the lead vampire, and I will choose to take their Confidence, though of course, by monologing I leave myself open to counter attack should they go that route. ie. Take something from them (confidence), and leave myself in a bad spot.

CoreBrute23
2016-10-06, 07:47 AM
Quinn

You drive up to Clairmore's Curiosities, a small store way off Leicster Square, in the city's version of China Town. It's one of those small hole in the walls you end up at when your trying to get somewhere else. Normally, it doesn't get much attention, and it blends in, just like the owner likes.

Not today though. The door has been cut in twain, as if by a sword. The curiosities have been tossed around, and lay broken on the floor. All the light bulbs have shattered, and it's difficult to walk around without stepping on glass.

You can hear frightened breathing from behind the counter, as a small mousey figure hides under a blanket, trying not to be seen. From the size, it's pretty obviously Anne's assistant Eunice Sangsorn.

What do you do?

Ruzika

"God, that's terrible." She clings to you tightly. "I guess we're both monsters." Her sobbing has lessened, but still constant she presses against your chest.

It will still take some time for Ashley to arrive.

Do you do anything besides wait?

Novok

The two vampires left step away from you, their bodies shake in sympathy with each strike on their leader. Their guns are pointed downward, too nervous to aim at you.

"Sweet Christ." A voice comes from behind you. A police officer has entered the bar, in his bright green vest. You gather he heard most of what you said, and is looking horrified at what you've done. He grabs his radio.

"We've got an NOBT, I assume male, committing a GBH in Walthams bar, by Poplar High street. Thee's also two male IC1s, armed with assault rifles, request backup."

Suddenly you feel a sharp grip on your leg. You look down and see the vamp whose head you had almost crushed, snarling with what's left of his upper lip.

"Die ou cun." In his left hand is a grenade.

What do you do?

Anyr
2016-10-06, 08:04 AM
Apparently Anne had had another visitor tonight: One somewhat less diplomatic than Elizabeth. She advanced cautiously inside. The crunch of glass beneath her feet must have alerted Eunice to her presence. Better calm the poor girl down. Through practice rather than reflex, Elizabeth injected a mix of concern and anxiety into her voice.

"Eunice? Don't be afraid. It's me, Elizabeth. What happened here?!"

CoreBrute23
2016-10-06, 08:20 AM
Quinn

"Miss Quinn?" Eunice pops her head out of the blanket. "Oh thank Gaia it's you." She sits up, but waddles herself up in her blanket. The young Thai woman grabs wildly for her glasses which have fallen off.

"It was horrible! The daytime shift had already ended, so I was about to head home.

"Then these men in black coats and hats cut through the door-they started tossing things around, yelled at Miss Clairmore." Her voice starts going higher in pitch, as fur appears on her nose. This is normal for her-she turns into a stoat when scared, apparently it's an old witch's curse-or was it a fairy god mother?

"And then they grabbed her, and then all the lights burst, and then they were gone, and so I hid under the blanket-" She's already down to 3 feet tall. Soon she'll be completely stoat-ified.

What do you do?

Anyr
2016-10-06, 08:41 AM
"Which way did the kidnappers go? What did they look like? Does Anne carry anything that can be magically tracked?"

So now Elizabeth had two people to find. Wonderful. As she questioned the frightened stoat woman, she scanned the surroundings for clues. Perhaps the intruders had left something behind.

CoreBrute23
2016-10-06, 08:48 AM
Quinn

"I don't know, I don't know!" You startle the girl so much, she goes straight to stoat form. She'll be like that for a while.

sounds like you are investigating a place of power. Roll with Power and describe what your investigation looks like. Is it just good old fashioned Sherlock Holmesianing? Some sixth sense you possess? Something else?

EDIT:or you could roll to Let it out, expanding senses that way works too.

Anyr
2016-10-06, 09:38 AM
Useless girl. Elizabeth turned her full attention to the room at large. An image of the unsullied shop appeared in her mind. She superimposed that memory over the mess which had replaced it. With speed born from centuries of practice, she traced the origin of each piece of wreckage. Those metal sticks over there had once been part of a lucky charm. Those shards of glass, mixed in with the broken bulbs, came from a crystal ball. One by one, each familiar thing was catalogued and eliminated: Leaving only the unfamiliar. Was there anything here that didn't belong?

Investigate: [roll0]

CoreBrute23
2016-10-06, 10:40 AM
Quinn
You glance around the room, and you can practically recreate the crime in your mind.

The sword that cut through the door was sharper than any mortal blade could be. You see the chains on the backdoor have been cut through as well. Signs of a struggle on the floor.

You get a strange sense of Deja Vu. Then the memory comes rushing back-you know who did this crime.

Because they once came to take you in a similar manner.

Who was this group who kidnapped you in a similar manner? When did they do it? Were you aware they were still active?

Merilan
2016-10-06, 02:32 PM
Ružica didn't do much -- there was not much point in moving around aimlessly given she knew the haven was the safest place she could be at this point in time. She was also still winded from the sprint earlier; she was only glad she avoided tearing a muscle or twisting an ankle.

"Morgana," she spoke after some time. "I will help you. If it is departure that you desire, then I will help you leave this city. You mentioned -- a man. He was going to take you out of the city? Who is he?"

Razade
2016-10-06, 03:11 PM
Ezra

"Hah." The man moves his hand away, and the pain stops. "So that's it. You are the chosen of Abel." He gives a smile, like a gambler with a winning hand.

"The artifact has been in my family for several centuries, until my daughter stole it today. I will make you a deal." He rests his cane on his lap.

"Bring me back my daughter before sunrise. If you do, I shall tell you how to awaken Abel's Favour from it's dormancy. Otherwise," He looks out the window. You've reached Canary Wharf.

"It's a lovely night for a swim."

What do you do?

"I think you need to work on your threats. But I take your point. Any clues you could give me on your darling little girl would help me wonders." Ezra straightens his tie, glancing out at the Wharf. "We could have skipped the threats, we want the same thing. Not well to startle a gentleman in such a manner."

Anyr
2016-10-07, 03:34 AM
Quinn
You glance around the room, and you can practically recreate the crime in your mind.

The sword that cut through the door was sharper than any mortal blade could be. You see the chains on the backdoor have been cut through as well. Signs of a struggle on the floor.

You get a strange sense of Deja Vu. Then the memory comes rushing back-you know who did this crime.

Because they once came to take you in a similar manner.

Who was this group who kidnapped you in a similar manner? When did they do it? Were you aware they were still active?

Oh, so it was those puppets. How irritating. Elizabeth cast her mind back 400 years. Yes, the blade marks matched perfectly. The wielders would be different this time, of course. Their lives were so very brief. But each time one fell, another misguided fool would take up their weapon: Because it was really the weapons that called the shots.

Some magic items have a will of their own. Whether deliberately or by accident, a portion of their creators' soul gets sealed within them. These things can't really be called 'sentient'. It's more like they embody a single desire: 'Kill all the Saxons'; 'Acquire limitless wealth'; 'Guard this tomb forever'. Any fool who uses such an item will gradually become a mere instrument of its mission. Such was true of the people who'd kidnapped Elizabeth (and now Anne). They served a set of weapons, all made by the same creator. Elizabeth sighed. This was getting far too troublesome. Stepping over various debris, she made her way to the back of the shop.

"Stay safe. I'm going after Anne."

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-07, 07:23 AM

The evening had turned into utter chaos. Adrahm had not arrived as expected, the Courts vampiric soldiers had assaulted the pub, injuring the wooden proprietor to previous wounds, Ruzica's counter attack had exposed Novak to the blistering heat of holy fire, his initial attack had crippled the lead soldier, who then produced a grenade, and the entire scenario unfolded as an officer began calling for backup.

It was chassis on a scale that only Czernobog could enjoy. Novak tossed back his head and a deep guttural laugh echoed through the pub, above the sound of crackling fire and the moans of the injured and dying.

He least across the intervening space, powering his way through the two remaining soldiers, then he brought his hammer up at shoulder level. With hellish strength he drove it across their backs driving them towards the epicentre if the grenade blast.

He then tackled the officer to the ground, hoping to avoid the explosion. Glancing at the officers badge he spoke, "Officer Whittaker, you have been witness to dark forces that lurk below, run as though the Hounds of Hell nipped at your heels, for they do. RUN!

He then wheeled, turning to face the remaining soldiers, his eyes shielded from the coming blast by his forearm.

Sorry for the late response, some writer's block as I tried to figure out how to deal with a grenade, without just bring my invulnerable Bull, from the Masks game. Which post from my phone so excuse formatting, also not sure what I should roll, but that blast may still catch me!

CoreBrute23
2016-10-08, 01:24 AM
Ruzika

As you comfort Morgana, you hear an explosion from the bar you just left. The young mage's eyes open wide and she lunges for the bar.

"Waltham! No!"

What do you do?

Novok

Waiting on your Let it Out roll.

Ezra

The car comes to a sudden stop, and if you aren't wearing a seat belt, you lunge forward slightly. The mysterious man is unmoved.

"I don't know where she is-if I could track her myself, I'd have no use for you.

"A Wolf known as Waltham may know where she is. Said Wolf is currently being taken to a Bratva stronghold. Find out what he knows." He waves a hand at the driver. The driver's head slams down on the steering wheel unconscious, causing the horn to scream loudly.

"This man wears a pearl ring on his left hand. Take it, and put it on your finger when you've found my daughter. Then I will fulfill my end of the deal." He taps his cane on the floor of the car, and suddenly he's gone.

The loud noise of the alarm is starting to get some attention from passerbys.

What do you do?

Quinn

The stoat nods at you timidly, before hiding under the blanket again.

What are you doing now? And why did the Blade Puppets kidnap you 400 years ago? Was it in London then too, or somewhere else?

Merilan
2016-10-08, 03:16 AM
Ružica flinched, but then firmly held her back and said, "No, do not. Waltham is not there anymore. I know that man brought him out, brought him to safety. It is not safe there..."

CoreBrute23
2016-10-08, 06:44 AM
Novok

The explosion is blinding, and the force almost breaks your demonic arm, while shrapnel slash at your back. As it subsides, there is the unmistakable odur of death. The Vampire leader, turned suicide grenadier, was nothing but a Vitae stain on the floor.

You can see the two remaining vampires outside the bar-the explosion had thrown them through the walls. They stagger to their feet, turning to the right and beginning to run. You can't see any weapons in their hands-maybe they lost it in the explosion.

"What t-the hell?" Officer Whittaker coughs as the dust clears. He looks mostly unharmed, aside from some small bruising from a demon gangster tackling him to the ground. "I-I don't know what's going on, or what nonsense this is, b-but I'm not leaving without knowing who did this. Who are you? Who were those guys?" Even though he's putting on a brave face, you can tell he's scared-nothing in police training prepares you for demons and explosions.

Take 3 Harm. If you have any Armor, apply it now (aka, if you have +1 armor, you only take 2 harm).

Officer Whittaker is modiying the terms-he won't leave unless you give him some information. Either the name of the culprits, the group they work with, or a name to identify you. He needs something, before he allows himself to run.

Ruzika

Morgana struggles in your arms, but it's futile. She's too injured and you are too strong for her.

At that moment a a Union Jack themed taxi comes driving by, stopping at your spot. A red haired girl with green eyes jumps out of the cab, shouting a quick 'Thank you' before coming at your side.

"Oh Ruzie," Her accent is delightfully Irish. "What trouble have you got yourself into this time?" She sighs before kneeling next to Morgana. "There there dearie, why don't you just relax. Do you know your name?"

Morgana struggles to keep her eyes open at this point. Ashley wrinkles her nose, worried, and opens her small knapsack, pulling out some plants and stones.

"Alright Ruzie, tell me everything while I work. Gaia, what I would give for some decent moonlight."

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/cc/a4/74/cca474e55b57323c3e9b4b0eb3a896d0.jpg

What do you do? How much do you share?

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-08, 07:49 AM

"They!", he growled, "Are soldier's of the Vampire Court. A society, that for countless ages has hidden from human eyes. They are aware of you now Whittaker. They will kill you to keep you silent. They have pawns within the police, the government, any sector of business where a profit can be made."

He winced, his arm hung useless at his side, the pain would subside, but it needed time. "You cannot report their existence to your superiors, the Court will discover you, silence you, or worse. You would do best to report this as the IRA, or some sort of gang violence, and find the evidence to support that claim. I can shelter you from the Court, but only if you do as I say."

He whirled to the two remaining soldiers of the Court, slowly he raised his one good arm, bringing the head of the hammer level with his shoulder. "This man is under my protection, and now I have the taste of your blood," as he spoke he licked the gore from the slaughter house hammer. "I can track you, find you, find your master. You have committed grievous crimes here, that threaten the balance, sins against the wolfen, sins against my Patron. I am within my rights to take both your lives and make amends to your master. I am disinclined to do so, for now."

"Run!"

CoreBrute23
2016-10-08, 07:49 AM
Quinn

The backdoor does not lead outside. That would be tricky in such a hole in the wall. In fact this chained door leads to a basement area that Anne keeps sealed. Even you don't know what's in there.

Opening the door, you can hear rustling of metal from down the stairs. Looking down, there's a man, kneeling in front of an old bronze safe.

"Come on, just a little bit more..." You hear a voice accented in German whisper. "Open up your secrets to me you little coy..." he doesn't seem to have noticed you.

What do you do?

CoreBrute23
2016-10-08, 07:56 AM
Novok

The vampire soldiers snarl at you, but they were already on the move and are off running-you lose sight of them.

"Vampire court...patron...IRA..." He seems so disorientated by all the new information, just nodding all the way. The minute you get off him, he stumbles to his feet, and gets the hell out of what's left of the bar.

Now it's just you, alone in an empty bar, badly wounded.

What do you do?

Anyr
2016-10-08, 10:46 AM
Elizabeth eyed the would-be thief. Was this a straggler from the puppets? Or just a passing opportunist? Either way, he deserved some attention. Elizabeth crept carefully down the stairs. Once she was directly behind the safe cracker, she coughed delicately.

"Are you looking for anything in particular?"

Razade
2016-10-08, 02:20 PM
Ezra

The car comes to a sudden stop, and if you aren't wearing a seat belt, you lunge forward slightly. The mysterious man is unmoved.

"I don't know where she is-if I could track her myself, I'd have no use for you.

"A Wolf known as Waltham may know where she is. Said Wolf is currently being taken to a Bratva stronghold. Find out what he knows." He waves a hand at the driver. The driver's head slams down on the steering wheel unconscious, causing the horn to scream loudly.

"This man wears a pearl ring on his left hand. Take it, and put it on your finger when you've found my daughter. Then I will fulfill my end of the deal." He taps his cane on the floor of the car, and suddenly he's gone.

The loud noise of the alarm is starting to get some attention from passerbys.

What do you do?

Ezra shakes his head though takes the ring. "You've been most decidedly helpful I must say. I suppose I have a dog to speak with." Ezra excuses himself from the car with a little bow, deftly sliding the ring onto his finger. No doubt it was tracking him as well, alongside other less savory aspects. If Waltham could help, then it was Waltham he'd have to find. Such a troublesome night.

Guess that's a Hit the Streets move? Wolves are a Night Faction?

[roll0]

Merilan
2016-10-08, 02:29 PM
Ružica let out a little sigh, and though she does not admit it, Ashley is one of the persons in London she let her guard down around... a little. "Morgana Hemwick," she whispered quietly, not wanting to disrupt Ashley's work too much. "I believe she is a mage of a kind, and she wishes to be spirited away from this city. She was in talks with a man who could offer that safe passage, but vampires of the Court assaulted her at the Waltham's."

She paused and frowned, quietly. "I was able to dispatch a few, but she was nearly kidnapped. And she was injured during the chase, and this... is where we are now. I want to help her leave the city, if possible."

She sat down, drawing her legs close as she murmured, sounding a bit tired, "I am in your debt as always, Ashe." She also used her nickname for Ashley.

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-09, 06:57 AM

He stood, dazed a moment, before reaching for his cellphone. His features flowed, shifting, the scent of the charnel house, of slaughter and death still lingered. His shift, into the other, had protected his clothing, though small blooms of red, spread across his cuffs, as the blood trickled down his arm.

He looked at his phone, the explosion had damaged it beyond all use. He tucked it back into a pocket, carefully, and walked out the rear of Waltham's. Though calling it walking was being generous. He leaned against the alley wall, smearing some blood, before he found a cab. As he hailed it, he braced, he had been wounded before, hell, he had died before. He could walk straight, hold his shoulders back for ten feet.

He climbed into the back, slowly, gingerly, like an old man. The cabbie inquired about his health, he reached into his pocket took out several large notes, and tossed them through the window. "Your cell," he coughed, "I need to make a call." The man turned to look at him, raising an eyebrow quizzically. Novak looked down at the Drivers License in the back, identifying his driver as one Conrad MacIntyre. "Drive Mr. MacIntyre, I'm a profitable fare, but to conclude our business I will need your cellphone."

CoreBrute23
2016-10-09, 02:33 PM
Novak

As you stumble out of the bar, drenched in your own blood, the few people still around flee at your wretched form. You know that no cab is going to stop for you, in your state.

You need to rest, you need to lie down, you've lost so much blood...

"Boss!" A familiar woman's voice calls out to you, grabbing you as you go down. She swears in Russian. "Help me get him in the car, while he's still conscious." The Bravta muscle takes you to the sedan where Micah had parked, plopping you in the backseat along with the two others.

One body is obviously Waltham, still convulsing from whatever he was given. The other has a familiar smell-like charbroiled steak. Turning, you see it's a man-or was a man. Their body has been burnt black, looking more like a charchol outline.

You recognize the style of his jacket-Micah always liked wearing biker jackets, no matter the occasion. You notice there's something wrong with his eyes-namely, they aren't there. Someone removed them.

"Least we know why Micah didn't give us a heads-up." Bacco notes from the driver's seat. With that, the sedan begins to move.

Bianca and Bacco are planning to take all three of you to the Bravta safehouse. Do you object to them? If not, describe the safehouse, and tell us about the doctor you plan to call.

Also, if you wanted to make a call, Bianca will lend you her cellphone. Or you can take Waltham's-he can't exactly stop you. Micah's phone is completely destroyed by the fire as well.

Ruzika

Ashley had placed her hands on either side of Morgana's head, whispering what sounds like a Gaelic prayer, but falters when you say 'Hemwick'. You can see her hands shake slightly, before she composes herself and resumes praying.

"OK that's done." Seemingly finished, she places Morgana's head down softly, and stands up. "Ruzie we have to run now. This girl's father is one of the most powerful mages in the country-if he finds out we helped facilitate her running away, death is the best case scenario!

"Hecate wept, if he senses my magic on her before it wears off, he may just turn me into a tree for charcoal! We have to get as far away from her as-" She's interrupted by someone coming out the fire escape door, the same exit you used.

"IRA, vampire court, patron, IRA..." It's a police officer, muttering to himself, and looking around aimlessly. Ashley points at the cop.

"See, our prayers have been answered! Leave her with the cop, he'll make sure she's safe." She sounds too eager, probably to hide her fear of Mr Hemwick, whomever that is.

What do you do?

Ezra

You were just asking questions, trying to find your Bravta contacts, like Novak or one of the escort girls-someone who actually liked you, or pretended to.

Today you weren't so lucky. The only one you found was Eric Kuznetsov, one of the up and commers in the Bravta. He often guards the escorts who come to you or the court, before bringing them back. He seems to not be in the loop on what you are, but he doesn't trust your secrets.

"What is it American?" He asks in harsh Russian. He's by his car, reshuffling boxes into the trunk. "I'm quite busy-tell me what you want, or go back to your cave queer boy."

Mark mortality Faction. I'm going to use you 8 roll, there was no need tor roll again, I just adjusted your score. In the future, please name an NPC when you hit the street. What were you hitting the streets for again? Find out where the Bravta have taken Waltham right?

Quinn
The man turns around and holds his hands up apologetically.

"Whoa whoa, it's not what it seems." He looks around helplessly. "I-uh, I am a safe maintenance supervisor. Just checking the security while the missus is gone." He slaps the safe reassuringly.

It opens by his touch. There's something shiny inside, but he shuts the safe hurriedly.

"Wait, wait, this is not what it looks like-unless it looks totally innocent, in which case it is what it looks like!!"

What do you do? And have you met Bernard Deckham before?

EDIT: Edited the above post slightly, I was sleep depreived when I wrote it before, should be clearer now.

Merilan
2016-10-09, 03:36 PM
If there were anything that deterred Ružica tonight -- not Novak's transformation and his summoning of a burning hammer, nor the vampire court soldiers, or even the attack -- it was seeing Ashley become fearful. A little pang in her heart told her she made a mistake calling her, getting her involved in this.

"But you healed her, saved her life. If it came to it, I would vouch for you, and take the punishment in your stead," Ružica resolved. She paused and lowered her head. "Please go ahead, Ashe. I wish to not bring retribution upon you, but I also will not abandon her."

Razade
2016-10-10, 01:35 AM
Ezra

You were just asking questions, trying to find your Bravta contacts, like Novak or one of the escort girls-someone who actually liked you, or pretended to.

Today you weren't so lucky. The only one you found was Eric Kuznetsov, one of the up and commers in the Bravta. He often guards the escorts who come to you or the court, before bringing them back. He seems to not be in the loop on what you are, but he doesn't trust your secrets.

"What is it American?" He asks in harsh Russian. He's by his car, reshuffling boxes into the trunk. "I'm quite busy-tell me what you want, or go back to your cave queer boy."

Mark mortality Faction. I'm going to use you 8 roll, there was no need tor roll again, I just adjusted your score. In the future, please name an NPC when you hit the street. What were you hitting the streets for again? Find out where the Bravta have taken Waltham right?

"Really child, just because I came from America doesn't make me American." Ezra sighs, this was the problem with dealing with criminals, they lacked nuance...or bathing habits... "I'm looking for a girl, a witch-girl. Might be trying to skip out of the city? Answers to Morgana. She's got something of mine. I was told you knew where to find her. There's a good recommendation for you and a dental visit if you can point me where she is."

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-10, 08:45 AM

The sedan rolled into the underground parking beneath the tenement, the run down building was occupied by eastern European immigrants and their families. Stanislav ensured that the building remained free of drugs, violence, prostitution, and in return the families formed an effective shield against the authorities, and other investigations.

The sedan rolled into the back corner of the parking structure, Novak had called ahead, using Bianca's cellphone. Two of the safe houses soldiers met the sedan and helped move Novak, Waltham, and Micah to the private elevator. Novak growled his displeasure, but none the less, leaned heavily on Bocca's shoulder.

He immediately thought of Lionel Atkinson, a surgeon who lost his license to practice due to his struggle with oxy, so he could keep up with his work schedule. It was discovered because he crashed during a routine procedure, and lost the patient. He was jailed, and it was there that he came to the attention of the Bratva, they protected him for his eight year sentence. Once he was released, they ensured that he was protected, his habit supported, and in turn he provided them medical services for their soldiers.

Once in the top apartment, Novak stumbled through the hallways, collapsing into a large overstuffed leather couch, he coughed. "Call Atkinson, find that cop, Whittaker I think. And get me a god damn bottle of vodka."

CoreBrute23
2016-10-10, 11:16 PM
Ezra

"**** you." Eric grit his already fairly ground down teeth. "Talking down to me, and then start spouting some Harry Potter ****? I've got no idea why the boss deals with a filthy pedo like you." He slams the trunk of his car shut.

"Hell the boss has been all kinds of strange since he took over." He starts muttering, but your hearing easily picks it up. "Associating with weirdos like you, doesn't make sense to me. Gotta be a reason."

He's not American? But he speaks like an American, without the U :smallwink:. If he doesn't consider himself American, what does Ezra consider himself?

And if it was a bit too subtle, Eric is not terribly fond of you. It appears he's not in the supernatural know either.

If you want to go this charismatic route, you need to roll Persuade an NPC, and think what kind of promise, threat or seduction you are offering that might work on him.

Ruzika

"No no no!" Ashley steps away quickly. "He can't know I was here. If he finds out I was aware of where his daughter was, and didn't immediately tell him..." She hesitates, afraid to finish the sentence. "Listen, Ruzie, you know I love you dearly, and I'd help you when I can.

"But not with this. You can't take the girl to the park-it would endanger the entire Cove." She looks away. "Please don't die Ruzie. It's hard to find friends in this city."

If you have nothing further to say to her, she runs off, presumably to find another cab. The police officer is still nearby, but he's staggering off in the other direction. Morgana is unconcious, but you can see the wound appears to have knitted together, good as new.

What do you do?

Novak

"They already called me." Lionel Atkinson walks into your room, dressed in a jacket over his pajamas, with a bad case of bed head. "Woke me up in the middle of my favorite dream. The one where I didn't throw away my career, and my ex-wife wasn't a total **** with a capital C." He puts on some gloves, while Bianca returns with a bottle of vodka. Your favorite brand.

<"A cop? Why do you care about him?"> She asks, curious. You can see Bocca has already left to fulfill your orders though. <"Do you think he knows what happened to Verda? I didn't see her body in there."> She asks, referring to the other call girl you brought with you. After you answer her, Lionel walks back with surgical gear and a surgical mask.

"Please step away from my patient, thank you very much." He pulls out a syringe and some blood packs. "This is going to hurt. Normally I don't advise mixing painkillers with alcohol, but given you look like Hell spit you up," He flicks the syringe's top. "Go nuts."

You can clear your faint harm. Unfortunately, clearing your grevious harm will take at least a few days, and the critical will need a week at least.

You know, barring 'divine' intervention. And I use divine, very loosely.

Merilan
2016-10-11, 12:09 AM
Ružica nearly gave pause at what Ashley said about them, but shook her head and said, "I will not take her back to the Park. Rest assured, I will do all in my power to ensure you do not come to harm," sounding as solemn as she can, while trying to avoid the hitch in her normally emotionless voice.

She paused, setting Morgana down for a moment to hold Ashley's hand. "I will not die, Ashe. I will return." She squeezed it. "I promise."

She let go, and then watched her head off. She never thought of herself as someone who was taught to be attached to others, but... it had become more difficult, ever since she settled here, in London. The rose-clad's blood echoed in her, pushing her towards thoughts that she had never entertained -- no, never been taught to entertain before.

She sucked in a quiet breath, and then picked Morgana up again. With no vehicle, this was going to be difficult; she looked around, and headed towards the only other shelter she had -- her rather run-down apartment, the only one she could rent on short notice and without excessive questioning of her background or age.

Along the way, she picked up her cellphone and tried calling Novak. He was in the bar earlier, and the explosion was a note of concern for her. She needed to confirm.

Anyr
2016-10-11, 12:23 AM
The man turns around and holds his hands up apologetically.

"Whoa whoa, it's not what it seems." He looks around helplessly. "I-uh, I am a safe maintenance supervisor. Just checking the security while the missus is gone." He slaps the safe reassuringly.

It opens by his touch. There's something shiny inside, but he shuts the safe hurriedly.

"Wait, wait, this is not what it looks like-unless it looks totally innocent, in which case it is what it looks like!!"

Who's Bernard Deckham? If he's the safe robber, then the answer is 'no'.

What a shame that Elizabeth was pressed for time. This chance encounter might have turned into an opportunity. Sadly, her targets wouldn't wait around while she made connections. So reluctantly, she stepped aside to allow the safe robber an escape route.

"Go. Now."

If he left, she'd follow him out of the shop. And if he didn't? Well, then she'd have to resort to harsher measures.

CoreBrute23
2016-10-11, 12:36 AM
Ruzika

"The number you have dialed cannot be reached right now." The automated response replies. Now you find yourself carrying an unconcious girl down the street in the middle of the night. Your getting a few looks from people, but no one offers to help.

Is Ruzika strong enough that she can just carry a girl with her? How long would it take to reach by foot, or do you intend to use public transportation of some kind?

Quinn

"Uh huh, sure, totally, you the boss maam," He stands up slowly, hands behind his back. "I'll come back later, clearly a bad time." He bows to you, walks up the stairs backwards, before fleeing.

If you follow him, you see him run like crazy down the street to a motorcycle, before getting on it. There's a charming East Asian woman on the back, smiling at him expectantly.
It is the safe robber. What do you do?

Razade
2016-10-11, 12:50 AM
Ezra

"**** you." Eric grit his already fairly ground down teeth. "Talking down to me, and then start spouting some Harry Potter ****? I've got no idea why the boss deals with a filthy pedo like you." He slams the trunk of his car shut.

"Hell the boss has been all kinds of strange since he took over." He starts muttering, but your hearing easily picks it up. "Associating with weirdos like you, doesn't make sense to me. Gotta be a reason."

He's not American? But he speaks like an American, without the U :smallwink:. If he doesn't consider himself American, what does Ezra consider himself?

And if it was a bit too subtle, Eric is not terribly fond of you. It appears he's not in the supernatural know either.

If you want to go this charismatic route, you need to roll Persuade an NPC, and think what kind of promise, threat or seduction you are offering that might work on him.

Ezra was just about done with all this mouthiness. In a flash of movement he was in the foul-mouthed man's space, looming with the barest hint of a smile. "That's just about enough out of you. Go get your boss, don't ask questions. Sheep shouldn't ask the shepard why they're leading them to be sheared. Just bleat and move, that's all you're good for. Catch my drift little bite? Or will I have to explain to your boss that perhaps his men need some reworking. How's that for Harry Potter ****?"

You don't say?

Guess I'll go with Persuade. Why not fail more rolls today?

[roll0]

Oh just barely. You know forum roller, the median number of a 2d6 is a 7?

CoreBrute23
2016-10-11, 01:01 AM
Ezra

You feel a gun pressed against your chest-he pulled it out so smoothly you didn't notice.

"The **** you think you are, trying to threaten me? I'm not moving an inch except to pull this trigger, unless you tell me what the **** is going on, you toothy bastard." Eric glares into your eyes without fear. "How the hell do you have your claws so deep inside our Avtoritet?"

He's not going to contact Novak unless you tell him what he wants to know. What do you do?

Anyr
2016-10-11, 02:39 AM
"Uh huh, sure, totally, you the boss maam," He stands up slowly, hands behind his back. "I'll come back later, clearly a bad time." He bows to you, walks up the stairs backwards, before fleeing.

If you follow him, you see him run like crazy down the street to a motorcycle, before getting on it. There's a charming East Asian woman on the back, smiling at him expectantly.

Aos. Damn it. Someone like her wouldn't be scared off so easily. The safe was open now, after all. She'd just wait for Elizabeth to leave; And then grab the prize. No choice. Shooting the Fae a warning glance, Elizabeth went back inside the shop. She then explained the situation to Eunice.

"That gentleman and his accomplice are trying to rob the safe. You're in no condition to guard it; And if I stay to do so, then Alice's kidnappers will escape. Do I have your permission to temporarily take the safe's contents? I promise to return them once this is over. Please answer quickly."

She gave the stoat a full ten seconds to signal an answer. Elizabeth would only proceed to the safe if she received unambiguous assent. Otherwise, she'd walk back out into the night; And try to pick up the kidnappers' trail.

CoreBrute23
2016-10-11, 02:45 AM
Quinn

The stoat shivers at your glare, before finally nodding meekly. The stoat then resumes hiding under the blanket.

When you go down to check the safe, you discover it's empty. There's nothing shinning inside like you saw before.

You hear the sound of the motorcycle whir from outside, as it starts to ride off.

What do you do?

Merilan
2016-10-11, 03:20 AM
Ružica frowned softly as she couldn't pick Novak up -- she could only hope nothing horrible and irreversible happened. She let out a faint breath and stopped, after moving about two blocks, shaking her head. The brief combat and chase had winded her more than she'd like to let on, and strength was not an asset that she had. Her house was not terribly far, but far enough that she'd need to wait for the bus. Hopefully, she could just pass off Morgana's unconsciousness as drunkenness...

Ružica definitely can't carry her the entire way -- also, doesn't live anywhere glamorous, so it isn't too far from here -- about 20 minutes on foot, or a couple of bus stops away.

Anyr
2016-10-11, 03:33 AM
Elizabeth sighed. See, this was the trouble with being on a tight schedule. Little things got a chance to slide past you. Annoyed, she stomped back up the stairs. Eunice got a walk-by explanation by the passing Immortal.

"Apparently they already got what they came for. Once I have some spare time, I might just pay them a visit..."

Then she was outside again. Thanks to all these distractions, the kidnappers had a head start. Nonetheless, Elizabeth scanned the area for a sign of their trail. Judging by the sliced up interior, these enemies didn't seem very concerned about leaving no trace.

Does this need another investigate roll?

CoreBrute23
2016-10-12, 04:31 AM
Quinn

I don't know if you feel a little stuck, so I just wanted to remind you that you have at least a few options.

You've got a few options. You could use Let it Out to try and see if there are any clues you might have missed here. Alternatively, you could hit the streets to try and find the Puppets. Or you have other contacts (aka debts) to pull at if you want to go in another direction with this investigation. Or maybe something else, what do I know?

Ruzika

As you reach your apartment building, you feel the presence of eyes digging into your backs. Glancing back, there's no one there, but every instinct and bit of training in your paleblood is screaming you've been followed.

You could lead them away from your apartment, but then your still dragging around a mostly unconcious injured mage in the open. Getting jumped would make it difficult to keep Morgana safe.

On the otherhand, your apartment could be a good place to bunker down, make a proper defense. However, there are people -mortals- in the other apartments. Could you risk them getting hurt in the crossfire?

What do you do?

Just to clarify, picking the apartment option won't force you to mark corruption immediately. Only if a mortal does get injured in the process, will you have to mark corruption.

Merilan
2016-10-12, 04:58 AM
Ružica let out a faintly tired sigh, and considered her options... but in the end, she couldn't let Morgana be exposed to more danger outside. She entered through the front and checked the slot for her mail briefly, before climbing up the stairs to the second floor and unlocking her door -- 204 -- with the key.

Marigold Heights was a four-storey apartment that had seen better days; it had an aesthetic that harkened back to the art deco style, albeit withered and shrivelled away. Floor tiles were cracked and chipped, and pests were a common problem. The ventilation system frequently jammed and forced people to open their windows, which were all barred due to the rather unsafe reputation of the neighborhood around.

She'd hardly spent time there. This was her first destination upon reaching London; the landlady Mrs. Potsdam was convinced she was a "pothead", though she did not quite understand what that meant. It was a studio apartment, with a simple cot that she laid Morgana down on. Taking a moment to reassert herself, she checked the windows for any signs of those that she felt followed her.

Anyr
2016-10-12, 09:22 AM
Nothing. Damn it. Elizabeth simply didn't have time to follow up on this. Anne was merely a means to an end: And the more distracted Elizabeth got, the further away that end became. Was this really the only path open to her? After some consideration, Elizabeth could see no other. All her other contacts were unsuitable, for one reason or another. She knew plenty who were capable of finding Morgana; But not in one night. The only one (besides Anne) who could pull that off was Ružica. Unfortunately, that girl was far too ethical. She'd probably end up siding with the poor persecuted witch.

No choice. She needed to find Anne. Elizabeth set off into the night, to do a bit of good old fashioned investigation. No special contacts; No supernatural aid. Just a lone woman looking for answers. Several armed figures had just sliced up a shop, and kidnapped the owner. Oblivious as mortals generally were, some of them might have seen something...

Hit the Streets with Mortality: [roll0]

There's no specific contact this time. Elizabeth is just asking around. She wants to see if any there were any witnesses.

Razade
2016-10-12, 03:54 PM
Ezra

You feel a gun pressed against your chest-he pulled it out so smoothly you didn't notice.

"The **** you think you are, trying to threaten me? I'm not moving an inch except to pull this trigger, unless you tell me what the **** is going on, you toothy bastard." Eric glares into your eyes without fear. "How the hell do you have your claws so deep inside our Avtoritet?"

He's not going to contact Novak unless you tell him what he wants to know. What do you do?

"You think that's wise?" Ezra asks flatly, the tip of his canesword flat against the inside of the man's leg. "I just want to speak to your boss about one of his shipments that's late. Trundle off."

Guess I should roll Keep my Cool for him not to shoot me?

[roll0]

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-12, 04:12 PM

As Bianca asks about the cop, he decides to focus on her and that line of questioning rather than the pain that he will soon be feeling. <"I do NOT care about him, I care about Verda. I find her,"> he paused, took a pull from the bottle, <"loyalty, and discretion, endearing.">

As Atkinson approached with the local anaesthetic he waved it away, switching back to English he snarled, "The events of today means that there are debts to be paid, pain is my reminder. Get your needles, get your tongs, remove the shrapnel, clean the wounds, but leave a man to his scars and his pain. It was hard earned."

He considered his options, to persuade Officer Whittaker he would likely need to speak to him in person, and that wouldn't happen until Atkinson had taken his pound of flesh. He winced as the doctor began his work, and looked to Bocca as he did so.

<"Get me a burner, and dial Ezra's number before you hand it to me. Then find out everything you can on that cop, Whittaker.">

CoreBrute23
2016-10-12, 10:31 PM
Ezra

There's a long pause in the air, the threat of your sheathed sword vs that of his cocked gun. Finally, Eric says,

"**** the hell off, before I put a new hole in you."

If you want to not get shot, you have to leave. If you don't leave-aka say something to him he didn't ask to hear-he will shoot you. What do you do?

EDIT: Just in case it's clear, you didn't answer his question, 'why do you have your claws in Novak'? If you try to lie to him about that, that's a move in itself-mislead.

Quinn

"Miss Quinn? How unexpected to see you!" You almost bump into young Abby, who had been staring off into the sky, tablet and stylus in hand, drawing something. "How are you liking the paintings? I've been working on more since then." You had purchased some art from Abby a little while ago.

What did you buy, and what about it (or Abby) compelled you to buy it?

"Group of people? Oh do you mean those LARPers?" She responds to your questions. "Their costumes were so interesting. I took a picture." She turns her tablet around, and flicks to an image.

There's Anne, being surrounded by three individuals in black robes. In their hands are glowing blue rapiers. Their heads are covered by black robes, looking very much like sterotypical cultists.

"My friends mentioned to me that they often do their thing in Camden, at this small club-you know, one of those warehouses that sponetaneously turns into raves?" She shows you the address on google maps if you ask.
What do you do?

Novak

"Your loss boss." With those simple words, Atkinson goes to work on your body. And it hurts-a lot.

Bianca nods reluctantly and heads off to find out about this cop.

Roll Keep your Coll to remain conscious during this non-anesthetic operation. If you succeed, you'll be awake when the burner arrives at your side.

Also, since Bianca and the bratva are working on your behalf, roll either 'put a face to a name' to find out information about this cop, or 'hit the streets' if you want to physically bring the cop to you. Both times, roll Mortality.

Ruzika

As you check the windows, your startled by the eyes looking directly at you. Multiple eyes. It's a flock of crows, circling around your apartment. When your eyes meet, the silent birds begin squarking loudly. The noise is practically deafening.

"What is that racket?" You can hear Mrs Potsdam call out from the room above you.

Suddenly Morgana sits up with a start, her eyes open wide.

"She's coming." she whispers like it was a diagnosis of death. "Oh god, she's coming."

What do you do?

Merilan
2016-10-12, 10:38 PM
Ružica made a quiet face as she stared at the crows; magic? She was unversed with what kind of spell this could be, and who may be watching them, but she'd at least known enough that this was someone's way of spying upon them. She drew her curtains and hurried to Morgana's side, holding her hand.

"Who is coming, Morgana?"

CoreBrute23
2016-10-13, 08:03 AM
Novak

The pain! It's worse than the original injury! No mortal frame could stay conscious through it, even with a will like yours. No, you know that you have to reach into that power, your pact, if you want to stay awake.

However, there's no way to hide such a change, even internal one, from someone who has their hands inside you. Atkinsons will know something inhuman is going on. Is it worth him discovering? Maybe you should just sleep, let the man work...

If you want to stay conscious, you will give off some sign that you aren't human. Brimstone comes out of your throat, your epidermis around your wounds turn charcoal black, you scream unholy hymns in a dead language, head turns 360 degrees, etc. something. If you decide to stay conscious, describe what change Atkinson spots. It can be as major (Bianca whose in the room sees it) or minor (only Atkinson) as you want.

At the end of the surgery/your nap, a file is waiting for you. It's got a picture of Detective Whittaker on the cover.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/p__/images/4/48/James_Gordon_Gotham_Season_2.png/revision/latest?cb=20151023130918&path-prefix=protagonist
Full name Jason Whittaker. Detective for the London Metropolitan Police. He's served for 2 years, before that he was a member of the Royal Marines, gaining the rank of Corporal. He is a well liked officer by the public, but is disliked by other officers-apparently his father was the head of a firm (British crime family), before going to jail 10 years ago.

Ruzika

"Livia Blackburn," Morgana whispers. "She's here, oh no, please, you can't let her find me, please-" A knock on your door interrupts her.

"Morgana?" A concerned woman's voice calls out. "Are you in there? Please stop hiding little dove, it's OK."

Morgana holds your arm nervously.

What do you do? And does your door have a viewer, as in a hole you can use to see whose on the otherside of the door, without opening the door?

Anyr
2016-10-13, 05:03 PM
"Miss Quinn? How unexpected to see you!" You almost bump into young Abby, who had been staring off into the sky, tablet and stylus in hand, drawing something. "How are you liking the paintings? I've been working on more since then." You had purchased some art from Abby a little while ago.

"Likewise, Abby. And I like them very much. They're presently adorning some of my barer walls."

Ah, dear little Abby. Such a talented soul. She had a way of depicting the city's darkest spaces in a hopeful light. Elizabeth particularly liked one painting of an old, abandoned house. She had vivid memories of the crimes that stained every brick of it. Yet somehow, Abby had managed to make that horrible place hum with future possibilities. Such delicious delusion deserved some devotion. Elizabeth had made sure to buy some of Abby's pictures: Because there probably wouldn't be many more.

"Group of people? Oh do you mean those LARPers?" She responds to your questions. "Their costumes were so interesting. I took a picture." She turns her tablet around, and flicks to an image.

There's Anne, being surrounded by three individuals in black robes. In their hands are glowing blue rapiers. Their heads are covered by black robes, looking very much like sterotypical cultists.

"My friends mentioned to me that they often do their thing in Camden, at this small club-you know, one of those warehouses that sponetaneously turns into raves?" She shows you the address on google maps if you ask.

Thank goodness for helpful idiots. Elizabeth thanked Abby for the pointer: While privately removing a few months from the girl's estimated lifespan. A flame like hers was just begging to be prematurely snuffed. After making her farewells, Elizabeth set off for the blades' supposed hideout. This little detour was already far too troublesome.

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-14, 04:44 PM

Through his grimace of pain Novak watched Atkinson's reaction, he visibly blanched as his scalpel cut through flesh and tissue. A stench, sickly sweet, wafted from the incision, rotting meat. A scent the surgeon had certainly smelled before, but accompanied by such an odor was the wriggling of larvae, and the buzzing of wings.

Novak growled low, "Just do your f&^king job Atkinson, whatever you THINK you see doesn't change anything. Stitch it up, and don't ever speak about it. To anyone." He turned his attention to the dossier, looking through Whittiker's file. A Royal Marine, a Police Officer, his father with ties to the Firm. He would be difficult to pressure, though not impossible.

He looked towards Bianca, "Get me your phone. I need to put a call through to our friend." And with that he began dialing Ezra's number.

Merilan
2016-10-14, 04:50 PM
Ružica placed her hands on Morgana's shoulders to reassure, "It will be okay," though she certainly was not aware how she would handle someone like that. She quietly moved to the door and, lacking a peephole, had to open it on the chain. "May I help you?"

Razade
2016-10-15, 05:39 PM
Ezra

There's a long pause in the air, the threat of your sheathed sword vs that of his cocked gun. Finally, Eric says,

"**** the hell off, before I put a new hole in you."

If you want to not get shot, you have to leave. If you don't leave-aka say something to him he didn't ask to hear-he will shoot you. What do you do?

EDIT: Just in case it's clear, you didn't answer his question, 'why do you have your claws in Novak'? If you try to lie to him about that, that's a move in itself-mislead.

"Rest assured I'll be speaking with your boss." Ezra turns on his heel and walks out the door in quite the huff!

CoreBrute23
2016-10-15, 11:15 PM
Ezra

You can feel Eric smirk as you turn around and leave. He mutters something unpleasant in Russian before getting into his car and driving off.

"Wow Ezra,"A familiar girl's voice catches you off guard. "That may have been the most pathetic display I've ever seen from a vampire."

Leaning against a wall, is Alessia Ellesmere, the Elder in the vampire court, and your unofficial patron. She's changed her outfit since the meeting, although it's still a modified school girl outfit. Another teenage girl with black hair is by her side, holding an umbrella for her, despite the lack of rain.

"I was waiting for you to kill that man for his impudence, but you were scared off by his big, mighty, gun." She says mockingly. "You'll need more courage if you want to find your woman, young Childe." She gives a smile that says 'I know something juicy'.

http://www.funchannel.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/junko-enoshima-cosplay-dangan-ronpa-pq1.jpg

What do you do?

Novak

Your quick words silence the questions on Atkinson's lips. He goes several shades whiter though, but finishes up his operation, leaving as Bianca hands you the phone.

Bianca also gives you privacy, unless you request she stays.

Ruzika

The woman behind the door has blonde curly hair, and looks to be in her mid 30s. She's dressed in elegant but simple black clothes, like she just came from representing a wealthy man in court. She smiles as she sees you.

"Ah, you must be Ružica Crvena. Your attire is rather...unmistakable." She pulls out a business card, and hands it through the door. "My name is Livia Blackburn, I come on behalf of the Canary Wharf Chantry. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." You can see, even without taking the card, that it matches the name she gives you, with a strange silver symbol on-two reversed Cs around a W that looks like wings.

She nods respectfully, as the crows outside your window grow louder.

"I am here for Morgana Hemwick. She needs to come in to answer for her crimes. May I come in?"

At that moment, you phone starts ringing, from a number you don't recognise.

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/2014/07/08/Elizabeth-Mitchell.jpg

What do you do? Also she pronounces the Z in your name perfectly, which no one else has done so far. It's not because I forgot about it, I swear. :smallwink:

Quinn

You drive up to the two story warehouse. You can see signs of rebellious youth-graffiti, discarded glow sticks peperring the exterior. But the place currently feels solemn, and dark, a very different vibe from the more lively Camden exterior. It's like the Light of Camden avoids this area out of respect-or fear.

There's a large door in the front, but no windows on the ground floor. You notice that there's some windows on the second floor- a cat burglar might be able to reach it from the fire escape of the building next door.

What do you do?

Merilan
2016-10-15, 11:24 PM
Ružica bowed her head quietly as she took the card, looking at it briefly. "I am in charge of her protection, at the moment. What crime has she committed?" She doesn't pick up the phone; it wouldn't do to distract herself at this point in time.

CoreBrute23
2016-10-15, 11:30 PM
Ruzika

"You agreed to be her protector, when she has not told you her crimes?" She asks, with the appearence of concern. "She must not have much trust in you." She reaches into her jacket and hands you an envelope.

"This is her warrant." Inside the envelope is yellow parchment, written in extravagent ink, rivaling the Magna Carta. "She is charged with the theft of mystical relics from the Chantry, conspiracy to commit Deicide and of making pacts with demonic entities." The warrants says much the same, although the shakespearean style speech is difficult to wade through. It's marked with the same symbol as on the business card.

"Why not ask her if I'm lying? I know she's in the room with you, hiding on your cot. I can wait."

What do you do?

Merilan
2016-10-16, 01:12 AM
Ružica answered forthrightly, "I protected her because I trust the judgement of another."

She took the envelope to look at it, inspect it; certainly, the machinations of mages were somewhat new to her. The witches were never about contracts and clauses; no, they worked in much more fickle, almost fae-like ways.

"I will consult with her. Would I be able to trouble you to wait a moment?"

She stepped back, assuming that Livia agreed, to close the door and return to the cot, kneeling down by her side. The crows concerned her, and she made sure to keep holy water handy, but there was not much she could do at the moment.

"The lady charges you with theft and conspiracy, and bindings to demons." A pause, as she looked straight to Morgana. "I have made my promise to protect you, but I must know more, Morgana. Will you trust me?"

Razade
2016-10-16, 04:10 AM
Ezra

You can feel Eric smirk as you turn around and leave. He mutters something unpleasant in Russian before getting into his car and driving off.

"Wow Ezra,"A familiar girl's voice catches you off guard. "That may have been the most pathetic display I've ever seen from a vampire."

Leaning against a wall, is Alessia Ellesmere, the Elder in the vampire court, and your unofficial patron. She's changed her outfit since the meeting, although it's still a modified school girl outfit. Another teenage girl with black hair is by her side, holding an umbrella for her, despite the lack of rain.

"I was waiting for you to kill that man for his impudence, but you were scared off by his big, mighty, gun." She says mockingly. "You'll need more courage if you want to find your woman, young Childe." She gives a smile that says 'I know something juicy'.

http://www.funchannel.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/junko-enoshima-cosplay-dangan-ronpa-pq1.jpg

What do you do?

"That's Mr. Kyle, thank you very much. I am a gentleman after all." Ezra snorts as he straightens his shirt, fixing a glare on the Elder. "What do I care if a little man with little power wishes to think himself big. His time will come due Miss Ellesmere. It simply cannot be the most pathetic display you've seen however. You've lost how many Courts in the last ten years? Surely they've given you something to see." He gentle settles his cane at his side, leaning against it in as bored a manner as he can. "Are we at the baiting stage my darling? Can we not move to a nice hotel room, a bottle of wine and some soft plaything while we talk? Must we fence on the street like hooligans? You've something you want to tell me. Come, whisper it in my ear if we're not to make a night of it."

I guess this is a Persuade? Why not fail yet more rolls. Can I cash these failures in for Sebastian please?

[roll0]

CoreBrute23
2016-10-16, 04:47 AM
Ezra

"Oh, I'd forgotten how bitchy you can be, 'Mr Kyle'." Ellesmere smirks. "I love it." She walks towards you slowly, seductively, with the grace and sophistication unsuited for her youthful frame.

"Oh there are so many things I'd like to do, Mr Kyle," She presses her hand against your neck affectionately. "But they are all very time consuming." She leans in close to your ear and whispers,

"And you don't have much time to find this Hemwick girl, do you?" She leans back, gives a childish wink. "I can tell you where she is, and who she's with. But I need something from you.

"You know the leader of the Bratva personally don't you? Novak Something or other." She remarks, but you can tell she knows exactly who he is. "He was attacked by a group of vampires, pretending to be the Prince's men." She gives you a stern look, all mirth vanishing from her tone.

"Do not dissuade him from this misconception."

What do you do?

Ruzika

Livia nods, allowing you to shut the door. Morgana looks at you with fear as you speak to her.

"Bindings?! No I never bound a demon!" Her voice drops to a whisper. "It was just an agreement, a promise..." She looks down at her feet.

What are you going to do? Try and Figure her out? Persuade her? Also, the phone call, does it just get a busy tone, or does the person hear a voice mail?

Novak

Ruzika is not picking up your call.

What do you do?

Razade
2016-10-16, 04:52 AM
Ezra

"Oh, I'd forgotten how bitchy you can be, 'Mr Kyle'." Ellesmere smirks. "I love it." She walks towards you slowly, seductively, with the grace and sophistication unsuited for her youthful frame.

"Oh there are so many things I'd like to do, Mr Kyle," She presses her hand against your neck affectionately. "But they are all very time consuming." She leans in close to your ear and whispers,

"And you don't have much time to find this Hemwick girl, do you?" She leans back, gives a childish wink. "I can tell you where she is, and who she's with. But I need something from you.

"You know the leader of the Bratva personally don't you? Novak Something or other." She remarks, but you can tell she knows exactly who he is. "He was attacked by a group of vampires, pretending to be the Prince's men." She gives you a stern look, all mirth vanishing from her tone.

"Do not dissuade him from this misconception."

What do you do?

"What games we play Miss Ellesmere." Ezra offers only a single tut, leaning into the hand as one of his own ghosts ever so gently against the lady's hip. "If that is all you wish, I am ever your obliging servant. Now, do be a dear and point me where to go. Anything else you might tell me so I can produce more amiable results? Or do you enjoy seeing me suffer so much? Is not my unrequited love not enough suffering for you? You cruel woman you."

CoreBrute23
2016-10-16, 06:03 AM
Ezra

"Oh if we only had time to play." She takes your hand that's on her waist, inches it slightly towards a more risque location, before pulling it aside, kissing your fingers with her cold lips.

"She's with Ružica Crvena, the vampire hunter. At the Paleblood's apartment no less. Do you need the address?" If you ask for it, she gives you the address.

"Best of luck 'Mr Kyle'." She struts away happily, her minion following after with the umbrella.

At that moment, Ezra your phone rings. You don't recognise the number.

What do you do?

Razade
2016-10-16, 06:08 AM
Ezra

"Oh if we only had time to play." She takes your hand that's on her waist, inches it slightly towards a more risque location, before pulling it aside, kissing your fingers with her cold lips.

"She's with Ružica Crvena, the vampire hunter. At the Paleblood's apartment no less. Do you need the address?" If you ask for it, she gives you the address.

"Best of luck 'Mr Kyle'." She struts away happily, her minion following after with the umbrella.

At that moment, Ezra your phone rings. You don't recognise the number.

What do you do?

"Such a cruel woman. All we have is time." Ezra slips his fingers away as his phone begins to ring, shaking his head. "With Little Red Riding Hood...how quaint. No, I believe I know the way. He really must keep better company. Don't be a stranger Miss Ellesmere." He then picks up the call, huffing slightly. "Yes hello?"

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-16, 06:55 AM

"The f^&k is wrong with the Court?!?" He near shouted into the phone, the sudden anger, and rage he felt causing a brief coughing fit which tugged at his stitches that Atkinson had worked so hard on. "Waltham's is Neutral Territory, and your f^&king boss sends armed soldiers, with f^&king grenades into a pub protected by the Accords?? Poisons god damned Waltham, kills on of my men, scoops out his f^&king eyes, kidnaps on of my girls! Verda, by the way, one of YOUR favorites."

He calmed himself down, exhaled slowly, continued, the rage gone from his voice, but the anger was still there, "I need to know who sanctioned this action. Your people, they like the shadows, they like to go quiet, not draw the attention of every cop in a four block radius. There's going to be blowback from this, investigations, media, it will be a god damn circus. Find me who sanctioned this, and set up a meet."

Anyr
2016-10-16, 12:34 PM
You drive up to the two story warehouse. You can see signs of rebellious youth-graffiti, discarded glow sticks peperring the exterior. But the place currently feels solemn, and dark, a very different vibe from the more lively Camden exterior. It's like the Light of Camden avoids this area out of respect-or fear.

There's a large door in the front, but no windows on the ground floor. You notice that there's some windows on the second floor- a cat burglar might be able to reach it from the fire escape of the building next door.

Abby's description had hardly done this area justice. As usual, the darkness failed to reach her eyes. Elizabeth approached the building as stealthily as possible. There might well be lookouts stationed. It was hard to be certain about anything, though. The quality of the enemy tactics would depend on the quality of their wielders. These weapons couldn't really think for themselves: They just instilled people with certain desires. Each victim would have their own ideas on how best to fulfil those desires. Elizabeth wondered whether the wielders ever quarrelled. Did this matched set have some way of compelling harmony among their puppets? Questions for another time. There was work to be done.

Elizabeth set about climbing the adjacent building's fire escape. She'd infiltrate the warehouse that way. This would be good practice for that museum robbery next month.

Razade
2016-10-16, 04:10 PM

"The f^&k is wrong with the Court?!?" He near shouted into the phone, the sudden anger, and rage he felt causing a brief coughing fit which tugged at his stitches that Atkinson had worked so hard on. "Waltham's is Neutral Territory, and your f^&king boss sends armed soldiers, with f^&king grenades into a pub protected by the Accords?? Poisons god damned Waltham, kills on of my men, scoops out his f^&king eyes, kidnaps on of my girls! Verda, by the way, one of YOUR favorites."

He calmed himself down, exhaled slowly, continued, the rage gone from his voice, but the anger was still there, "I need to know who sanctioned this action. Your people, they like the shadows, they like to go quiet, not draw the attention of every cop in a four block radius. There's going to be blowback from this, investigations, media, it will be a god damn circus. Find me who sanctioned this, and set up a meet."

Ezra holds the phone slightly away from his ear at the shouting, a smile creeping to his lips. "Mr. Stanislav. How wonderful to hear from you." He places the phone back to his ear once the shouting as moved to a simple roar, feet moving in the direction of the little lioness cub's apartments. "That does sound rather troubling. It pleases me immensely to hear that you are alright. How distraught I would have been if you'd been grievously injured." All of this is said with absolute conviction though there's the silent air of judgement lingering on his words.

"I'm afraid however there are several misunderstandings your call is predicated on. I'll list them now if it pleases you so we can clear the air. Firstly, the Courts of London are not my bosses. I am as much an outsider here as you are to them my dear boy. The next is a misunderstanding that they are in fact members of the Court. I'd need to see the bodies of any Vampire you slew to know. Politics is such messy business Mr. Stanislav, I'm certain you understand. I can't say they are or aren't members of the Court without evidence. The Courts will tell you the same. If we wish to pin this on them, we must have a very sharp petard to hoist them on. The final misunderstanding is that we'll require a meeting after I speak with the Court. I am so deeply sorry dear boy but if the Courts are attacking you then we must meet post hast."

Yet more Vampires posing as members of the Court, how curious. He supposed there was only one question left. "If I am permitted a question Mr. Stanislav. This little bout of fisticuffs. Where did it occur?"

Merilan
2016-10-16, 04:21 PM
Ružica nodded gently and said, "I will listen to your word. Be calm, look at me in the eye, and speak the story to me. I shall not judge you, nor abandon you."

Ružica is going to figure Morgana out - [roll0], here's hoping!

Hmm, it says I can hold 2, so I'll spend them to ask:

1. Who's pulling Morgana's strings -- who's the demon that she had an agreement with?
2. How could I get Morgana to safety?

Is that all right?

CoreBrute23
2016-10-17, 08:49 AM
Ruzika

Morgana takes a deep breath, before slowly looking up, and stares into your eyes.

"A-a man called Adrahm ibn Sallah. He-he came to me and offered my protection, said his patron was powerful-powerful enough to keep me safe. I-I'm not sure who his patron was, but he was some kind of demon or fel spirit, or something like that I don't know. He was just powerful, and I needed to get out.

"I was supposed to meet Adrahm today, at the bar and trade him a relic that belonged to my father. I-I didn't ask my father before I took the relic." Tears begin to flow from her eyes again.

"Please Ruzika!" She grabs your arms. "You have to help me get that relic back! I can still make the trade, if I can bring him the relic, the Beating Heart, I-I-I can escape! His patron can help me escape! It's the only way I live!" You can tell she earnestly believes what she's saying.
What do you do?

Quinn

Your nimble eternal body easily clambers up the fire escape, making leaping to the warehouse child's play. That museum won't stand a chance.

As you creep to a window, you notice that there is a latch that allows you to open it outwards. Inside is a catwalk that crisscrosses over the warehouse, if you choose to take it. The real action is happening on the ground floor.

5 figures in robes stand in a star formation around a bound woman-Anne. Each robed figure holds a weapon in hand. Two wield glowing rapiers, similar to what you saw in the photograph. Another holds an executioner's axe, while another carries a cavalry officer's sabre. The fifth's weapon is red with blood-an urumi, an Indian chain sword.

"I ask again, thief," The shrouded woman urumi points her urumi at Anne. "Where is it?"

Anne mutters something. She's too far to be heard from your position. The urumi slashes at Anne, causing her to scream out.

What do you do?

Merilan
2016-10-17, 02:57 PM
Ružica placed a hand gently on Morgana's, and then spoke, "You know better than I that no deal with the fel comes without cost. Why do you need the protection? Does your father threaten you? What is it that you are in danger from, that you seek a demon to shield you...?"

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-19, 04:47 AM

He paused his tirade as Ezra asked his question, "Waltham's," he near growled. "F%^king Court Politics. Ain't me if you don't have proof, well, you and yours seem to turn to f%^king ash anytime someone takes a real swing at ya, so it's not f%^king likely that I'll be able to produce the evidence the god damn Prince wants to prove they were his f%^king soldiers, is it?!?"

"Seeing as I won't be getting help from the Court to track down these soldiers, I'll just have to assume that the Court has got issues with me and mine. Seeing as how they scooped out the F%^KING eyes of one of my men!!!! So you'll excuse me if my organization circles the wagons to protects it's own, stock up, might be bloody difficult to get a discrete pint in town til this situation resolves itself."

A meeting, it might help clarify things, it could be a set up. Either way he would have to risk it.

"My office, give me 45, I have things that need attending."

He ended the call and looked to Bocca, <"Good work on the cop, find out where he is right now, I may need to talk to him before I go to the office. Also, update me on the status of Waltham's, I need to know who is on site, cops, or worse. NOW!">

He looked over to where Waltham was on the opposite couch, he wanted to walk over there but the pain was still intense, despite the show he had put on for Atkinson and the others. "Sorry Waltham, I don't have any vet's on the payroll. I know you're still hurting from those b!tche$ and their poison, but as much as you hate me you got to know it wasn't me or mine." He paused took another pull on the bottle of Vodka, "Where can my boys drop you so that you can recover, and help me track down the f%^kers who did this?"

CoreBrute23
2016-10-19, 05:26 AM
Novak

"Sure thing boss." Bianca responds in English, and turns to the door, where Atkinson walks in, carrying a small ziplock bag. She visibly blanches at what she sees, and hurries out the door. Atkinson closes the door shut and walks in.

"Nov-uh, Avtoritet sir I need to speak to you." Waltham is still unconcious. The doctor had given him some medication to stop the convulsions-a bucket was near his head to let him vomit.

"I just finished examining Micah-the driver who got deep fried?" He says candidly, opening the bag to show you what's inside. "I found him holding these clenched in his fists."

Inside are the missing eyeballs. They don't look burnt.

"I found this inscribed on the back." He turns them around. There's some Middle Eastern writing on them. "Who would write the Arabic word for Spy? You involve yourself in some ISIS ****?"

You mean Ezra right, not Quinn's question right?
Bianca is hitting the street on your behalf. Mark Mortaltiy if you haven't already, and roll Hit the streets.

Ruzika

"It's there in the warrant." She shivers. "The god I tried to kill. He's after me." You look at the warrant, and the target of the Deicide is clear. Czernobog.

"I can't go back to my father-Czer=HE will kill him too." She seems afraid to say his name, as if that would conjure the dark god. "I have to run, escape his reach. I needed help from something just as powerful."

Suddenly there are large thumps at the window. The crows are ramming into the glass itself, trying to break in.

"Morgana, it's time to stop running." Livia Blackburn calls out from behind the door. " there is still time to make things right. Just come with me to answer for your crimes." Morgana holds her head in her hands.

What do you do?

Razade
2016-10-19, 03:09 PM

He paused his tirade as Ezra asked his question, "Waltham's," he near growled. "F%^king Court Politics. Ain't me if you don't have proof, well, you and yours seem to turn to f%^king ash anytime someone takes a real swing at ya, so it's not f%^king likely that I'll be able to produce the evidence the god damn Prince wants to prove they were his f%^king soldiers, is it?!?"

"Seeing as I won't be getting help from the Court to track down these soldiers, I'll just have to assume that the Court has got issues with me and mine. Seeing as how they scooped out the F%^KING eyes of one of my men!!!! So you'll excuse me if my organization circles the wagons to protects it's own, stock up, might be bloody difficult to get a discrete pint in town til this situation resolves itself."

A meeting, it might help clarify things, it could be a set up. Either way he would have to risk it.

"My office, give me 45, I have things that need attending."

Ezra continued in patient silence as Novak continued his little tirade. "Mr. Stanislav, really. Such colorful language, it doesn't become a gentleman to speak in such a manner even in anger. I'll be with you shortly." Shortly of course meant after he dealt with the cub and her finger wiggling friend. The location sounded like where the meeting the Court wanted set up was to be so that made things easier. Things clearly fell out, no matter. He tucked his phone away, a whistle finding his lips as he prepared for what was probably going to be a fight.

Merilan
2016-10-19, 03:30 PM
Ružica winced again and held Morgana's hand. "We cannot stay here," she urged as she moved towards the door. "Whatever your reason, it is not right to turn away from a wrongdoing." She paused, and then spoke more gently, "I will protect you, still. But you cannot run from this, as it will only taint you for the rest of your life."

She sucked in a breath, then asked, "Do you trust me?"

I think I'm trying to persuade her... [roll0]

Anyr
2016-10-20, 10:29 PM
All five of the weapons were present. Unlucky. Elizabeth's mind raced. A frontal assault was out of the question; As was just waiting for the enemy to leave. A distraction, then? She couldn't think of anything that would get enough weapons out of the way. After all, Elizabeth would need an opportunity to reach Anne; Release her; And then lead (or possibly carry) her out. It'd take quite a distraction to accomplish that. Should she call the police? No, that wouldn't work either. Even if they managed to reach Anne in time, they'd no doubt detain her for questioning. Elizabeth needed her tonight.

The seconds ticked onwards. The captured witch would have to suffer for a bit longer: Because her would-be saviour needed to think.

Okay, it's been several days. I'm still no closer to a viable plan. So I suppose Elizabeth's action will have to be the same as my own: Keep thinking.

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-21, 04:58 AM

He opened the desk drawer, drew out a hand carved cigar box. The scenes depicted on the box were that of a clash between knights, horses rearing, swords raised, deep, dark wood. The box itself weathered, old, but well cared for.

He accepted the bag from Atkinson, "Not burned?" He paused, holding up the grisly trophy. A message. "So they took his eyes from him, cut the word 'Spy' into them, then they burned him, and placed his own eyes in his hands." A message, he question was, was it Adrahm sending a message, informing Novak that he was aware of the fact that Salema was betraying him, or was is Salema telling him that his own man was a spy. Either way, it was a challenge to his authority, and would be seen as an attack on him, and the bratva, and he needed to respond in kind. Yet, as he told Ezra, there were other matters to attend to, he looked to the slumped form of Waltham.

He dialed Ružica's number, waiting patiently for her to pick up.

Hitting the Streets, rolling Mortality of +2, [roll0]. Hope that works out for me!

CoreBrute23
2016-10-23, 06:13 AM
Quinn

"She will not speak." The blade puppets look at each other. Then they nod in unison.

The puppet with the urumi walks behind Anne, and pulls back at her hair, exposing her throat, while forcing her head up.

"Last chance to speak the truth." She holds her chain against Anne's neck. "Where. Is. The dagger?"

Anne however doesn't say anything. Her eyes have locked with yours. She quivers at the sight of you. Her eyes plead, 'help me'. She looks like she's about to say something.

What do you do?

Ezra

You arrive at the area where Ruzika lives. A small rundown apartment complex, not usually your scene. Then you notice the murder of crows flying by an apartment. It looks like they are trying to slam into the window. If you had to guess, you'd say that was Ruzika's apartment.

What do you do?

Ruzika

"I-I do trust you." She shakes as she forces the words out. "But, you can't leave me ok? You have to stay with me, you can't leave me alone ok? If your not with me, I'm running."

Your phone starts ringing. A different unknown number from before.

Do you pick up?

Novak

"No, they must have been extracted before the body was immolated." He looks at your cigar. "Would it be pointless of me to say your lungs are barely in a state to exhale, let alone take a draft?" He shakes his head, already knowing the answer. He resumes checking Waltham's vitals.

Do you want the cop's location to go see him yourself, or do you want him brought to you? Either way, it's going to take a little time. I'll tell you the result of your hit the streets after your roll.

Also, you are in serious condition. Like, just survived a plane crash serious. You won't heal properly for days, without magic.

Merilan
2016-10-23, 01:55 PM
Ružica nodded and beckoned for the door, hurrying out with her before the crows could storm in and attack them. Once they were out on the hallway, she looked to Livia to say, "Morgana and I will come with you. I am not abandoning her in this instance, as I have sworn to protect her. Are those terms acceptable?"

She does frown and reach to the phone again, quietly thinking about how annoying the device was. She never had anything like this back in Croatia, just letters. She excused herself and turned the hallway, answering it. "This is Ružica. Who speaks?"

CoreBrute23
2016-10-24, 01:27 AM
Ruzika

Livia smiles broadly upon seeing Morgana. "Miss Hemwick, it is a pleasure to see you again." Morgana looks down, not meeting her eyes. Livia turns to you.

"I'm sorry, but that is not quite possible. Trials such as these are for the purivew of mages, and those recognised by magical organisations. It is the only way to ensure all parties are accountable, and no wild cards are brought into play." Morgana goes white with fear. Livia shrugs.

"Unless you bear some item or symbol that would indicate your recognition by a magical group, say the Mavens of Hyde Park (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21298731&postcount=162) for example," She pauses and gives you a knowing look, "If you carried such an item with you, then I would have no reason to not take you with me."

Morgana looks at you with pleading puppy dog eyes.

What do you do?

Razade
2016-10-24, 01:44 AM
Ezra

You arrive at the area where Ruzika lives. A small rundown apartment complex, not usually your scene. Then you notice the murder of crows flying by an apartment. It looks like they are trying to slam into the window. If you had to guess, you'd say that was Ruzika's apartment.

What do you do?

"Well. Looks like I'm not the only one looking for my little lioness." There was no time like the present and he felt he track the girl down, there wasn't a chance he was going to use the window which meant he had to do it the old fashioned way. Stairs and probably a few fights along the way.

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-25, 04:47 AM

"This is Ružica. Who speaks?"

Novak smiled, coughed, wiped the blood from his lips. "It's Novak. Glad to hear you made it out of Waltham's. Seems however, that he's not quite out of the woods yet, and my physician isn't really up to the task, so to speak." A cough again, a wince, he was trying to mask the pain, and was only marginally successful.

"Trying to get to the bottom of the attack, looks like a couple stories were in play. Those stories cost me the life of one of my men, and a woman who is of some value to me was abducted. So here's what I need, Waltham's going to need one of his own to look at his wounds, if you have a connection to your Hyde park friends, I could use one of them looking at my wounds. That being said, I need to know what the hell was going on at Waltham's, there was another party involved. Hoodie, trying to be real nondescript."

Considering his injuries, I think I want Whitaker brought to me. Though not to the safe house, to my office, and preferably willingly, I don't want him abducted beat up or threatened, too much.

Anyr
2016-10-25, 05:38 AM
Quinn

"She will not speak." The blade puppets look at each other. Then they nod in unison.

The puppet with the urumi walks behind Anne, and pulls back at her hair, exposing her throat, while forcing her head up.

"Last chance to speak the truth." She holds her chain against Anne's neck. "Where. Is. The dagger?"

Anne however doesn't say anything. Her eyes have locked with yours. She quivers at the sight of you. Her eyes plead, 'help me'. She looks like she's about to say something.

The eyes which met Anne's were so very cold. Elizabeth saw this woman as nothing more than a resource. With exaggerated lip movements, she mouthed a few words.

[Just. Tell. Them...Or. Lie.]

Seriously, why didn't Anne just answer the weapons' question? Sure, they might well kill her anyway; But at least it'd give her a shot at survival. Even if she didn't actually know the answer, she could still try to bluff. Elizabeth really shouldn't have had to spell this out. It was a blindingly obvious strategy. Perhaps there was some reason why Anne couldn't bargain for her life. If so, then said life was probably forfeit. Because Elizabeth didn't have any better ideas.

Merilan
2016-10-25, 02:02 PM
Ružica let out a breath of relief, to say, "I am also relieved, Mister Novak. There was a rumour on the streets, part of what led me to Waltham's even if it were not for his word that I protect Morgana now. Have you heard of the Blackwell Gang? They are ruffians, vampires all; if it were not the machinations of the Court, then it may be the Gang acting independently."

She drew her notebook and rattled off a number. "That is the number of a ghoul of theirs, named Harriet. She owes me -- mention my name, and she should hopefully help us reach the truth of this matter."

She paused further when Novak mentioned the Hyde Park, however. She ... really didn't want to involve Ashe any further with this matter, given how rattled she was. "I am unsure if a healer would be available on short notice, Mister Novak. But you may visit the copse and see if the mavens could attend to your wounds... I am regretful I am not more helpful on this matter."

Ruzica is dropping Harriet's name as she owes her a debt -- [roll0].

Zen Gypsy
2016-10-26, 05:47 AM

He looked to Bocca, "Get the car," he pointed to Waltham, "get him loaded into it. Make sure he doesn't puke on the leather. We're going to Hyde park. I'll meet you downstairs, and while you're pulling the car around, think long and hard, the Blackwell Gang? If you have heard anything about them, I'll want to hear it while we drive."

He turned towards Atkinson, "Good man doc. Good man. Your usual fee will be in your account tomorrow. I'll have my guys drop off some ... medication. You can relax, forget all about tonight. It's been a long, bloody one, no need to dwell on it."

He struggled over to his desk, "No need to dwell on it at all."

He looked behind the desk, a gift from Czernobog, a cane, made of dark wood, polished and worn almost black. Heavy, capped with iron. And a smooth, worn handle, made from bone. A femur, the hand resting on the ball joint. Novak never asked, and Czernobog never revealed more than he wished, but he knew, it was human. A sacrifice, a lover, an agent like himself. He never knew, nor dare he ask.

He leaned heavily on the cane, clack! step, shuffle, clack! step, shuffle. Not exactly dealing from a position of power, something the coven would surely notice, but he would have to make due. He couldn't let the Court, or this Blackwell Gang smell weakness. He was exposed, injured, weak, and he did not like it.

At all.

Merilan
2016-10-27, 05:15 PM
Ružica set her phone down after Novak hung up, hoping that he had enough of a lead to go off. If she'd learnt anything about the way London's shadows worked, it was that things were much more heavily intertwined with each other than she cared to be. But she had more immediate concerns -- she looked back to Livia and her proposal.

"I see. Then I shall respect your ritual, and prepare a suitable item of the Mavens'," Ružica answered curtly, moving back into the apartment and hurrying to one of her magically enchanted drawers. She silently stared at the dryad branch, but then reached for a separate branch instead -- a double that she'd prepared ahead of time in the case that pursuers would be after it. It had a similar tinge of magic from it.

Assuming that she doesn't get attacked by the crows, she returns out to the hallway.

I'm going to trick Livia by taking out a dryad branch duplicate instead of the real thing. [roll0]

CoreBrute23
2016-10-28, 02:03 AM
Quinn

Anne looks up at you, eyes squinting confused.

"Huh?" She says, the word echoes across the warehouse. The chain wielding puppet stopped.

"What are you looking at?" She then looked up, and her eyes meet yours. The puppet is light skinned, either Middle Eastern or Indian. Her eyes are unnaturally green, likely from contact with the enchanted weapon.

"Intruder!" Anne is tossed to the ground, as the puppet threw her chain straight up, the end wrapping around the catwalk you stand upon. The other puppets pull out their weapons, ready for battle. Anne is breathing heavily.

What do you do?

Ruzika

You aren't actually dropping a name. The ghoul isn't giving you an opportunity-it might give Novak an opportunity. So you have two choices:
1. Give Novak the debt you have on Harriet. Then he can cash in the debt on her. You can ask for Novak to remove a debt he has on you in exchange for this favor.
2. Tell Novak to drop your name when he meets Harriet. You keep your debt on Harriet, but it might cost Novak his debt with you.

Either way, you don't need to roll.

You grab your false twig, and head back to the front door, eager to convince the mage. You only just notice the sound of crows has vanished. They aren't by your window. They also aren't the only thing gone.

Livia is gone too. And so is Morgana.

What do you do?

Novak

Bianca comes back in. "Boss we have a problem. That cop you were looking for, uh, well he's not in the best shape. Apparently, he came to the police station roaring mad, and was put in the drunk tank. We can't exactly get him out, without hitting the police station. That'll be costly boss." You can tell she doesn't mean in terms of money. In terms of manpower, resources. Maybe lives.

Atkinson nods and stands up to leave, when Waltham begins to cough wildly. He pushes himself up, and coughs black fluid into the bucket. When he finishes, he collapses down, and looks around.

"Where the hell am I?" He looks at you. "Brimstone. Where's Morgana? What's going on?"

"That's what I want to know." Atkinson asks. He looks up from the bucket, face paler than you thought possible. He shows it to you. "The f*** is this?"

In the bucket, in black and red fluid, is the symbol of Czernobog. More importantly, it's the sign he has a task for you.

What is the symbol of Czernobog? Also, what do you do?

Ezra

As you climb up the stairs, arriving at Ruzika's floor, a fair skinned woman with blonde curled hair walks past you. She is dressed in elegant professional black, like a lawyer-you would say she's in her 30s.

"Pardon me." You notice in her right hand she's carrying a bird cage, with a very alarmed white dove, fluttering it's wings.

This woman seems to want to walk down the stairs past you. What do you do?

Merilan
2016-10-28, 02:45 AM
Ah, okay -- I'll give Novak the debt I have on Harriet!

Ružica grimaced, knowing that she has been outsmarted. She raced down the staircase, eager to give chase after them.

Anyr
2016-10-28, 11:56 PM
Sometimes, Elizabeth was just too nice for her own good. She should really have left as soon as Anne saw her. But no, she'd chosen to stay and give some advice. Curse her compassionate soul! Thanks to that, she now had to make a considerably less leisurely exit. Still, maybe this distraction would provide Anne an opportunity to escape; Not that the pathetic woman deserved it.

As the enemy readied their weapons, Elizabeth drew her own. She was confident of her ability to best any of these brainwashed puppets in single combat. Five, though, would be pushing it. Best to retreat before they grouped up. Estimated chances of avoiding a fight: 40%. But it was worth a try. With a last parting glare at Anne, Elizabeth ran towards the warehouse window.

Escape: [roll0]

Razade
2016-10-30, 04:55 PM
Ezra

As you climb up the stairs, arriving at Ruzika's floor, a fair skinned woman with blonde curled hair walks past you. She is dressed in elegant professional black, like a lawyer-you would say she's in her 30s.

"Pardon me." You notice in her right hand she's carrying a bird cage, with a very alarmed white dove, fluttering it's wings.

This woman seems to want to walk down the stairs past you. What do you do?

Ezra moves briskly considering the strange ravens, until he runs into the young woman that is. Strange for someone to be carrying a bird about, who traveled with their birds? It could also be a simple coincidence considering the ravens outside but you didn't live to be two hundred or so simply leaving things to simple coincidence. "Have a care...that's a very pretty bird you have there." He plants himself in the middle of the stairs, smiling a toothy smile. "Might I take a look at it, I'm an Ornithologist believe it or not, that dove is a rare sight. Especially here in London. All we get are Corvid and Columbidae."

Zen Gypsy
2016-11-02, 04:55 AM

Novak snorted, looked over to Waltham, "Morgana? I am assuming that's the name of the little tart that the fangs were after when they so rudely interrupted my scotch? I'll assume she's safe, for the time being, she left with Ružica. As for where you are, my offices, I managed to deal with the Court's soldiers," he ran a hand down his blood-soaked bandages, "though at a cost. Yet, here we are, both still drawing breath ..."

He paused as he saw Atkinson's face. He looked to the bucket, and there, floating atop the blood, offal, and puss, was his symbol. Like a fresh scab, russet and brown.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j419/Zen_Gypsy/Symbol%20of%20Czernobog_zps5lpqopfs.jpg (http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/Zen_Gypsy/media/Symbol%20of%20Czernobog_zps5lpqopfs.jpg.html)

He looked quickly to Waltham, "A car awaits outside, to take us to Hyde Park, I can drop you wherever you wish, but for now I need you all to get out."

"NOW!"

After the room had cleared, he set the bucket beside an empty chair, from a desk drawer he withdrew the checker board, and arranged the pieces just so.

Finally he took a box of cigars, opened it, and set on in front of the empty chair.

The old bastard was due at any time.

CoreBrute23
2016-11-05, 11:39 PM
Ezra

The woman grimaces slightly, unnerved by your threathening demenour.

"Indeed? Well sorry to doubt your ornithological credentials but doves are a kind of Columbidae." Still, she passes you the dove's cage. The dove recoils from you, trying to flap as far from you as possible.

Strangely, you catch a glimpse of a smirk on the woman's face.

What do you do?

Ruzika

You come to a hallway, and at the far end you see the staircase Livia handing a birdcage to Ezra. There seems to be a frantic dove inside the cage.

Suddenly a large woman steps in front of you, with her arms crossed.
"Ruth," Mrs. Potsdam mispronounces your name as always. "What kind of racket have you been making? I heard the sounds of wild animals and glass banging. Is this one of your pot orgies?"

Livia and Ezra are still several metres from you.

What do you do?

Quinn

As you try to run, you feel something sharp slash against your tendons causing you incredible pain. It forces you to stumble and fall down the catwalk.

You land on the ground floor, your experience as a cat-burgler (among other things) helping you to roll with the fall as best you could, but it still hurt.

The 5 puppets stand around you, each holding their weapons prepared. The woman with the chain speaks first.

"Who are you? Why do you spy on us?"

Mark 2 Harm. Your cut tendons mean you won't be running for at least a little while.

What do you do?

Novak

Everyone clears out when you make the order, Bianca helping Waltham stagger out.

You hear the slow steps from behind you, as he steps slowly forward, his hammer serving as a cane, although you have no doubt to his physical strength.

"Cigars and checkers," He muses approvingly. The chair creeks slowly as he takes a seat. "I see no vodka though. Were your manners lost in that explosion?" He sets the hammer down and begins moving a piece.

The game has begun.

After a few turns, he speaks, eyes still on the board.

"There is an item in the city that is due to awaken. It belonged to an old acquaintance of mine. He is unable to retrieve it himself, so I have taken it upon myself to ensure it's safety." He takes a deep breath of his cigar, and blows dark smoke that fills the room.

"This item is called by some The Beating Heart, or Abel's Favor." As he talks, an image forms in the smoke. An artifact, resembling a human heart. You can feel the dark power just looking at it.

"Tonight you will find this item." He says it with certainty, not as a demand, but one who knows your destiny."When you do, you must hide it in a safe place, one where no one will discover it. Mortal or immortal, living or dead, demonic or divine. You must keep it hidden from all of them."

The smoke clears, revealing him putting the final piece down, leaving the board in a state where you can only surrender, or lose.

"Do you have any questions, my chosen?"

Your Patron has given you a job. If you accomplish it, you gain a debt on him.

What do you do?

Merilan
2016-11-06, 12:12 AM
Ružica begged in the earnest way only Ružica could, "Missus Potsdam, I still do not understand your belief that I am obsessed with pottery and organs, but it was not me. 'Tis a flock of ravens at the window, who have fled, nothing more."

I am trying to persuade Mrs. Potsdam while not knowing what the word 'pot' or 'orgy' means! [roll0]