PDA

View Full Version : Fey craft Bastard sword (katana)

Nosta
2016-09-30, 11:35 AM
I was wondering if the Fey-craft Template could be applied to a bastard sword (Considering with Exotic weapon prof its a one handed weapon
and if so what other Mods and such should i add along with weapon property (lets say i can afford a +4 weapon) to take Advantage of a skirmisher-swift Blade (who uses spring attack)

My Image for this weapon is a Super lite, but Deadly Blade that can be used with weapon finesse

Fellfire
2016-09-30, 08:47 PM
Elven Curve Blade?

DrMotives
2016-09-30, 10:37 PM
Feycraft comes with a 10% discount on gp cost to add the dancing ability, which makes sense if you want a whole daisho set instead of just the katana.

Fizban
2016-10-01, 08:56 AM
Aside from spending an extra feat for only +1 damage (the usual exotic problem), it's a valid combo. Marlowe made a point of it in his comic in fact. As for what to put on it, Dancing isn't great even with a tiny discount. The only thing that somewhat synergizes with Spring Attack (a generally bad attack method) is maybe the Surge properties. But you can only trigger one of those at a time, they were pretty massively nerfed, they depend on your ability scores which we don't know, and once you get Bounding Assault you actually have two attacks anyway. A Swiftblade, like any non-ToB combatant, will always be better off with full attacks. Collision is the most reliable damage bonus, Magebane is popular (and I hate it), Psychokinetic and Screaming are okay, or there's all sorts of other utility if you actually want them.

If the sword is more for show, just slap Eager+Warning on there for the initiative bonus.

Eladrinblade
2016-10-01, 06:19 PM
to take Advantage of a skirmisher-swift Blade (who uses spring attack)

My favorite character is a skirmishing swift-blade who uses an elven court blade (which, as described, sound a lot like a swiss saber or a kriegmesser, both of which are basically european katanas). His has collision, psychokinetic, and screaming enhancements, and is made of glassteel, but those aren't necessarily great for skirmishing (they just do extra damage to virtually any target).

The biggest thing you're gonna want is some way to move and still make a full-attack, or otherwise get bounding assault/rapid blitz + improved skirmish.