PDA

View Full Version : dread nec / thrallherd ...race ?/ ideas?/help

solooize
2016-09-30, 08:14 PM
Making a dread necro. And thrallherd ...taking the top stats on each ....Need a race that looks human (it's gotta live in the modern world/ it has to be like me..human) ...then turning it into a necropolitan.

I'll be using my thrallherd to make me gold in a salt mine ..at least till later lvls then I'll be killing them for higher stats for 1hr (idk the combo to do it off hand but i have it wrote down) and raising them to hold in a bag of holding....(I mean who wants an army following them when you can just turn a bag inside out ) just alittle idea of many.....ok race? And your crazy ideas go...

LibraryOgre
2016-10-01, 09:36 AM
The Mod Wonder: Please post system-specific questions in the section for the relevant system.

Name1
2016-10-01, 12:37 PM
What do you want from Thrallherd? Because from the way it looks, you'll only be dipping into it to gain the Leadership-Style benefits. Basically throw a bit Telepath 1/Thrallherd 1 in there (Since taking full Thrallherd would be causing you to loose out on spells above level 4). Are you sure the Undead Leadership feat wouldn't fit your character better?

If both classes are non-negotiable, you need to go the Telepath/Thrallherd-dip way. There just doesn't seem to be another way.

Racewise, I'd try... Well, Human or Strongheart Halfling. 'Cause that gives you a bonus feat, which is useful. I doubt Halflings would be good for your city-setting, so you'll want to go Human.

TheifofZ
2016-10-02, 04:38 AM
If it's not a gestalt character, than you're better off just taking one or the other, and then using either Leadership or Undead Leadership to gain the other one.

While both classes are two of the undisputed kings of minionmancy, one is a necromantic base class using Arcane Magic, and the other is an enchanter PrC that uses Psionics.
There's nearly no way to get them to mesh well, and your action limits mean that you won't be getting as much out of either kit as you could, beyond the pool of minions that you'll gain...
Except for the fact that both pools are Class Level dependent; Dread Necromancer's Undead Mastery class feature explicitly only works on Dread Necromancer caster levels.

If your heart is set on doing both, neither is going to really excel, and you're going to find that neither pool of minions produces anything truly special.