PDA

View Full Version : worst and wierdest plane travelling moments

Fooliodislapsis
2007-07-10, 04:52 AM
have you ever gotten into over your head with plane travelling, what are your worst and funniest moment dealing with unexpectantly travelling planes.

it was a high magic world, i was in a bar founded by a arch-wizard, and i was a half-orc, i asked for the strongest drink they had, and i got some green stuff in a jar. i took a swig and folded in on myself. i woke up naked in fornt of a god and later realized i went back in time to when the bar was founded. i ordered the same drink but the mage got the recipe right this time, and i flew back to my own time out of the mug of an ogre in another bar, he called me his lucky drinking charm until the end of the campaign

Skyserpent
2007-07-10, 05:02 AM
That's a wierd one... never ended up naked in front of God but a player of mine DID beat the crap out of a Kolyarut and spent the remainder of the next hour saudering off it's armor for his own use because he thought they were cool... He eventually had about 6 suits of these things by the time they left Mechanus...

And there have been constant plots to beat villains by opening portals to the elemental plane of water and flooding them to death...

Hadrian_Emrys
2007-07-10, 05:03 AM
Having the party shunted off to a chaotic demi-plane inhabited by the "family" of the animated-evil-greater-rod-of-wonders-BBEG. The plane has since been nicknamed the House of Harmless Horrors.

Swooper
2007-07-10, 05:05 AM
The only time I really did some plane travelling was back in AD&D 2nd Edition. I remember some type of spelljammery ship that was about to crash into a planet due to it's power source being depleted, but we managed to save it by sticking a (home-made) electric Bastard Sword into the powercore-thingy.

I also remember this (CN) pyromaniac wizard (who was around for all of that campaign - the first adventure was about his lost spellbook) who died a noble death and was rewarded by going to heaven. He absolutely hated it, having to wear a white robe and play a harp all day. So he somehow got a message to the PCs and asked us to get him down to Hell, where he felt much more at home. In return for his soul, my character (human female transmuter) now plays golf with God every Sunday. :smallbiggrin:

Koji
2007-07-10, 05:23 AM
My sorcerer/ninja and a monk were fighting a mind flayer, and when the thing started losing, he simply planeshifted the three of us to the plane of fire, then used planeshift again and left us there.

I thought I was toast, but then I remembered I had a teleporting device and the monk and I zipped off to safety.