PDA

View Full Version : Warding Bond and Similacrum -- Highjinx with Bard

Talionis
2016-10-01, 11:03 AM
I'm looking to protect my Similacrum and I think the best way to do that is Warding Bond.

I think I'm going to play a Lore Bard 4, Trickery Cleric 2, Lore Bard 14.

Feat: Sheild Master, Inspiring Leadership

It would be really funny to have a Trickery Cleric 2 Rogue 18 to party with and to make a simulacrum of. Have the Bard disguise himself to look like the Trickery Cleric then have each use their Clone illusions out add insult to injury have them cast two or three Mirror Image spells. What kind of confusion would that create?

Any cool ideas to add?

TheButterSwan
2016-10-04, 06:40 PM
I'd personally dress up like the rogue instead if you managed to create a duo like that with another player. Bards will have more charisma to pretend typically, I feel. Rogues are decent in the charisma department, but if you want to be trolls an Arcane Trickster rogue would be my personal favorite. That means they'll have to invest more in intelligence. Maybe you could act as the rogue's body double as he attempts to sneak around or something? This would be pretty fun. I'd suggest you do some more overlap with him in some way, but keep it different enough so the enemy is constantly wondering how one person could be so good. Perhaps 1 level in Great One Warlock, so you can speak with another in some cases and not be heard mumbling things. If you find someone willing to do this with you it'd be a fun duo - wait a trio?- wait, why are there four all of a sudden?!?! You'd make your deity proud, thats for sure.

Tripletoasty
2016-10-04, 06:47 PM
Most people use illusions to create visible things and use those to their needs, however i like to create "walls" that look exactly like what theyre infront of. therefore you can be invisible by being behind the wall. nobody even takes a second look. when it comes to youre duo, you could easily have them jumping from barrier to barrier seemingly dissapearing and reapearing all over the place. the illusion cantrip really is a wonderful thing, and with 2 of you, youve got yourself some mad shenanigans.