PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Spell of Auril Worshipers (WIP) [Advice needed]

RavenJovan
2016-10-01, 01:00 PM
Frost Breath
1st-level Evocation
Casting time: 1 Action
Range: Self (15-foot cone)
Usable by: Sorcerer, Wizard, (to be added later)
Components: V
Duration: Instantaneous

You take a deep breath and as you exhale, a frigid fog passes from your lips. Each creature in a 15-foot cone must make a Dexterity saving throw. A creature takes 3d6 cold damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
The cold energy freezes any liquid in the area that isn't properly covered or protected.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

EDIT: This spell was originally called frost fingers but later renamed frost breath when released in other media. Its mentioned in The Codicil of White as its one of the spells held within.
There is however at the end of this book two pages that explain the process of expanding its area of effect. However I'm not sure on how to fully add this in and make it balanced.
One method I though of was to have it applied to higher levels of the spell if someone had read these pages but how much further should it be allowed to reach? 60 ft., 120 ft. max are my thoughts but I'm not sure.

Ice Blade
2nd level Evocation
Casting time: 1 Bonus Action
Range: Self
Useable by: druid
Components: V, S, M (shard of ice)
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
You evoke a frozen blade in your free hand.
The blade is similar in size and shape to a rapier, and it lasts for the duration. If you let go of the blade, it disappears, but you can evoke the blade again as a bonus action.
You can use your action to make a melee spell attack with the chilling blade. On a hit, the target takes 2d8 cold damage. If hit the target must make a Constitution saving throw or have its movement reduced by 10 ft. till the end of its next turn.
The freezing blade sheds bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet.

EDIT: Just a variant of flame blade with flavor changes but I guess it might be considered a bit less powerful due to its min damage being 2 rather than 3. Added in a CON save vs speed reduction to beef it up a bit.