PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Funny Character Concepts

MindTheGap97
2016-10-01, 07:19 PM
This is meant to be a compilation of funny character concepts. I'll leave in a couple of mine.

Don Zuppiero de la Tierra

Gnome Order of the Star Cavalier, fervent follower of the god of stew, was a Cavalier riding around on his boar Bistecca, who he thought to be a normal pig. He ended up gaining the simpathy of Sarenrae and got Divine Powers, taking levels of Paladin. Was a blast to play.

Tristan Blackhand

Card Caster Magus who was a terrible gambler, often losing stuff like gold, clothes and stuff like that. He bought a deck of many things at a certain point in the game, the campaign ended pretty soon after the first card was drawn.
I remember that once I challenged a miniboss to a game of chess, in lieu of a battle, lost horribly and had to brutally slaughter him when he was unarmed, but hey, Chaotic Alignment...

Azoth
2016-10-01, 08:23 PM
Two of my weirder ones that ended up being jokes of their respective campaigns were definitely fun.

The first was a Warder that gained Leadership for story reasons, and was so devoted to returning a fallen Solar that was the leader of his order to her home in Celestial, that he fragmented his soul three times to make his gear sentient. His shield was his Cohort and a Cleric representing his faith and conviction, his armor became a second cohort for the cost of a feat and became a Warder focused on Silver Crane and Golden Lion representing his resolve to those in his guard, and his sword was his highest level follower as a Bard to bolster those that answered his call to fight along side him.

It was funny because all three were different Good alignments, and constantly bickering with him and themselves about what to do and how it should be done. By campaign end, he wanted to find the Solar just so he could be rid of the squabbling pieces of gear.

The second was a Necromancer who was beginning to develop Alzheimer's. So he decided to make soul stones of everyone the party killed and kept them in bags with dates on them. If he couldn't remember something he would rummage through bags and pull out a stone and converse with the fallen enemy inside of it about the event in question. When the party suggest he just get a journal to write things in, he waved it off saying that his way was easier.

stack
2016-10-01, 10:04 PM
Using spheres of power, it is not only possible but potentially effective to play a candy mage. Blasting enemies with bursts of hard candy, creating and animating candy golems, making a candy cane bridge, etc.

Inevitability
2016-10-02, 01:45 AM
Are 3.5 concepts allowed?

MindTheGap97
2016-10-02, 06:48 AM
Are 3.5 concepts allowed?

Yeah, sure, I should remove the pathfinder tag actually

EDIT: removed

Inevitability
2016-10-02, 06:58 AM
Anything with Hairy Spider is always fun.

A goliath psychic warrior (to get expansion)/ Thrall of Juiblex with Fling Ally can summon and throw a gelatinous cube two hundred feet every other round. Nobody expects a jello cube bombardment!

For fun, try playing a Cancer Mage as a giddy eccentric scholar. Have him put a little hat on the malignant malevolent tumor the class gives you and talk to it in silly voices. Made all the weirder by the fact that the tumor in question can talk back.

Aergoth
2016-10-02, 10:50 AM
Pathfinder concept that lead to me doing work on improving small martial characters

The Kitchen Knight

Halfling fighter or cavalier that has glamered weapons and armor. His sword looks like it's made of wood, his armor looks like it was put together from pots and pans, etc. He delivers vicious thumpings to anyone who remarks on it. For bonus points, give this fellow the feat that allows halflings to pass as human children and the halfling jinx trait, and make him a Witchguard, travelling with a similar looking halfling witch.

The Three Brothers

Three "brothers" I threw together as a sort of RPG style unique encounter.
Dao(Knife): An onispawn tiefling samurai with an oversized weapon
Huo(Fire): A Suli Synthesist who specializes in ignoring spellcasters and wrecking things.
Guo(Pot): A Kitsune Trickster specialized in shapechanging and confusing people
The three of them operated a roving food cart, and two of their members are quite fond of eating sentients.

MindTheGap97
2016-10-02, 06:13 PM
Pathfinder concept that lead to me doing work on improving small martial characters

The Kitchen Knight

Halfling fighter or cavalier that has glamered weapons and armor. His sword looks like it's made of wood, his armor looks like it was put together from pots and pans, etc. He delivers vicious thumpings to anyone who remarks on it. For bonus points, give this fellow the feat that allows halflings to pass as human children and the halfling jinx trait, and make him a Witchguard, travelling with a similar looking halfling witch.

The Three Brothers

Three "brothers" I threw together as a sort of RPG style unique encounter.
Dao(Knife): An onispawn tiefling samurai with an oversized weapon
Huo(Fire): A Suli Synthesist who specializes in ignoring spellcasters and wrecking things.
Guo(Pot): A Kitsune Trickster specialized in shapechanging and confusing people
The three of them operated a roving food cart, and two of their members are quite fond of eating sentients.

Alright, I really like that Halfling, seems a blast to play.

Regarding the three brothers I had a band of recurring NPCs that kinda reminded me of them, even though they were much less serious.

They were a trio of scumbags pretending to be adventurer, they weren't good or strong, just incredibly lucky, so through sheer luck they gained a fame they didn't deserve and they really enjoyed it.
If I remember correctly they were:

Tristan Quickwit: a Charlatan Rogue with very ordinary stats and a decent Charisma, with Bluff maxed out every way he could, he would often tell such ridiculous stories or pieces of such a useless (and false) knowledge in such a natural way that he would appear as simply stating facts

Aesyl Moonson: this was a Half-Elf son of a great wizard, born with no magical attunement at all, yet his second name was so heavy that everyone believed he was a great and powerful mage, he played as the voice of reason in the group, he had a decent bunch of knowledges maxed out so he knew his stuff, mechanically he was a Wizard 1/Counterfeit Mage Rogue X

and the last one

Roland Sharpblade: the greatest warrior alive...not really. Originally he was meant to be a Gnome, then was changed to a Human covered in scars and tattoos, he was genuinely strong but he was a coward and he didn't fight clean at all, using dirty tricks every time he could, he was a Brawler Fighter with Kitsune Style.

The players loved them, so I used them as a recurring group