PDA

View Full Version : Meetup Are there any decent RPG IRC channels these days?

dropbear8mybaby
2016-10-01, 09:50 PM
I like discussing things in real time.

Goodkill
2016-10-01, 09:53 PM
i remember sorceror.net had one for GURPS. they kicked me because i was drunk "go be drunk somewhere else" ... which reminds me, i miss my drinking days ... but i got gout :( a gift from God to keep me from drinking suicidally but still miss my old beer binges lol

Antioch
2016-10-04, 10:14 AM
I was happy to see this topic. The majority of my RPGs are done online over IRC on the parahumans server, and it is one of my preferred methods of RPing. I feel like immediate-response and text-based RP plays well to my preferences in DMing, and I appreciate that I can put in consideration to describe the immediate events and details I would have otherwise glossed over, were I speaking to a roomful of people.

If you're interested, the server is as follows:

ircs://irc.parahumans.net:6697/

dropbear8mybaby
2016-10-04, 03:48 PM
I was happy to see this topic. The majority of my RPGs are done online over IRC on the parahumans server, and it is one of my preferred methods of RPing. I feel like immediate-response and text-based RP plays well to my preferences in DMing, and I appreciate that I can put in consideration to describe the immediate events and details I would have otherwise glossed over, were I speaking to a roomful of people.

If you're interested, the server is as follows:

ircs://irc.parahumans.net:6697/

Thanks but I'm not interested in RP. I just like discussing the gaming aspect of RPG's.

Antioch
2016-10-05, 09:34 AM
Thanks but I'm not interested in RP. I just like discussing the gaming aspect of RPG's.

Ah, my bad, I've misunderstood. I suppose there's a bit of that going on there, but more in the context of game design.

Artemis97
2016-10-05, 02:56 PM
The Free Form Role Playing section of this forum has an IRC. Games of all sorts are often discussed there. It's at #GITPNexus on Sorcery.net