PDA

View Full Version : Master of shrouds advice

NecroDancer
2016-10-01, 10:59 PM
So our DM decided to change the campaign a little and asked us to play divine themed classes. So I scraped my Anima Mage and after a bit of thought I created Bridge Burning (I name my characters after songs) , cleric 4/master of shroud 2.

The build is focused on creating lots of shadows (and a few zombies) then sitting back and letting them do my dirty work. The domain I currently have decided on is undeath but I was wondering if there are any other domains I should consider

Tiri
2016-10-01, 11:18 PM
Well, firstly, you need a base Will save of +5 to qualify for Master of Shrouds, which you won't get from Cleric 4. It's better to take 2 levels of Cleric and 1 of another class with a good Will save. Then you can qualify at level 4.

Rebel7284
2016-10-01, 11:23 PM
Yup, you indeed don't qualify. Do check out the master of shouds handbook: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3310.0

I am a fan of cleric/dread necromancer entry so you can get both turn and rebuke undead and then have plenty of fuel for divine feats.

NecroDancer
2016-10-02, 08:54 AM
weird, I guess my friend made a typo while texting me the requirements. The handbook is really good btw

Inevitability
2016-10-02, 09:56 AM
Entry that doesn't cost you any casting: Cleric 3/Church Inquisitor 1/MoS 1. Of course, it requires serving a LG order that's okay with undead: maybe a Good branch of Wee Jas' faith?