PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder best air themed familiar

Jackofalltrades
2016-10-02, 03:07 PM
Hi everyone, so i'm making a air/lightning themed slyph hexcrafter/bladed scarf dancer magus and i'm going to chose arcane bond arcana at lv3 to get a familiar, at the moment i have no clear role for the familiar, though i prefer to have one with a fly speed. plus i'm toying with idea of adding the figment archetype to it, though i'm not sure if i'be taking improved familiar or not, though if i do, i already chose not to pick a air elemental. any suggestions? do any standout above the rest?

Sayt
2016-10-02, 05:48 PM
An Air Wysp from B5 is probably the familiar with closest connection to air.

Geddy2112
2016-10-02, 06:45 PM
For early familiar, a parrot or raven is arguably best because they can speak. Hawk or owl are not bad either.

You can get an air mephit or air wisp, but they suck compared to other improved options.

A fair amount of improved familiars can fly: The Silvanshee, paracletus, cassian, harbinger archon, lyrekin azata, quasalit, imp, Cacodaemon, Cythnigot quippoth, augur kyton and arbiter inevitiable can all fly, have good abilities and the ability to commune once a week. There are some other less good ones that fly like farie dragons that are still viable.