PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Good Magic Items?

Gwazi Magnum
2016-10-02, 09:47 PM
Basically another one of those "List your favourite Magic Items" threads. Cause even after going through a few myself there doesn't seem to be 'that' much for me to buy.

Though, on top of listing your favourite magic items I also have a few additional questions.

1. What are some good items for the specific purpose of Stealth?
2. What are some good items that can help out a Bard?
3. What are some good items to help boost Archery damage?
4. What do you personally think of AC Boosters? Cause there seems to be such a debate about AC scaling poorly that it almost seems too pricey to worry about buying AC Items.

Geddy2112
2016-10-02, 10:44 PM
1. The cloak of elvenkind is a +5 competence bonus, but it is not usually taken because it competes with cloak of resistance. The best option for stealth is adding the shadowed enchantment on armor. The greater version is expensive but you get a +15 competence bonus to stealth without taking up a magical slot.
2. A masterwork instrument is required for any bard who uses instruments. I love the bracers of the glib entertainer-it stacks well with the versatile performance ability to get major bonuses to a lot of skills.
3. Bracers of archery and the greater are good for archers, as is a compound longbow. Anything that boosts dex/strength for more damage and hits, so your belt of strength/dex.
4. AC is still good at higher levels-it does not scale with a creature's first or primary attack, but against multiple/secondary attacks it gives a good chance to not be hit. It is not as strong as not being hit through things like blur, mirror image, other evasion mechanics, but it is good to have. If you pump it right, you can build a character at level 20 who has over 100AC, mostly touch. A tarrasque with true strike cast on it only has a +60 to hit, making it unable to hit short of a natural 20.

Psyren
2016-10-02, 10:45 PM
Some of my favorites are in this handbook (http://zenithgames.blogspot.com/2013/11/improving-your-class-with-items.html)

magwaaf
2016-10-02, 10:49 PM
belt/circlet of physical/mental perfection
+6 to either all mental or all physical att