PDA

View Full Version : 7 deadly sins as characters 3.5e

urmom
2016-10-02, 10:24 PM
I'm running a campaign and wanted to do the 7 deadly sins as a side quest to the main story. I'm trying to take the 7 deadly sins anime and make them into npc type mini bosses. I'm just trying to figure out class and race for each of them anyone have suggestions?

illyahr
2016-10-03, 10:53 AM
Do you want builds that replicate what is in the show? Meliodas would probably be a half-fiend Warblade with levels in Barbarian, possibly prestiging into Kensai.

daremetoidareyo
2016-10-03, 11:13 AM
Sloth: Cleric X/ MonkX with the sloth domain, and tons and tons of uses of the bloodwind spell. He never gets up. He can use intimidate check to make slaves hoist him around on a howdah.

SoraWolf7
2016-10-03, 01:26 PM
Ban is gonna be the hardest to replicate in his immortality. He's essentially got a mixture of fast healing and contingent resurrection somehow. I can't think of a way to replicate his strength stealing, but his Fox Hunt would probably be an epic use of Sleight of Hand. It's also noted that Ban isn't as strong as Melodias, but can make up for it with massive amounts of attacks, matching Melodias's one blow with an enormous amount of his own. And he's a Thief by trade, so there's some Rogue in there somewhere.

Diane's pretty easy, she's a giant wielding a Warhammer with access to the Earth Domain as shown in later chapters with the Elemental Swarm and Stone Shape. She's gaining dancing that seems to help her connect to the earth and nature, so I'm not sure if there's a way to add to that.

Escanor's definitely got the Sun Domain, with his ability to destroy undead or demons with his turning. But his day-to-night buffing is very unique, I'm not sure if D&D has the ability to replicate that feature. And he's got maybe large size counting when need be as he Monkeygrips that massive battleaxe one-handed, so maybe it's a Hand Axe made for a giant? He might have paladin levels as well, since he can smite. I would call him good, but he's arrogant good.

King is of the fae folk, so he's got some levels in that. And he's got a companion in the form of his bear. I'm not sure what else he could do, but he's got access to plant manipulation, so either Druid or Plant Domain.

Merlin's easy, she's a straight sorcerer or Wizard, and very high level and good at what she does. She was even able to move her soul into a magic item that lets her project her image through it.

Gowther... I'd make his weapon into hand crossbows, or figure out a way for him to use them in dual wield without extra arms. He's an animated doll/demon, so perhaps he's either fiend-blooded, half-fiend, or he's a construct or something. But he's got really low social ranks.

Inevitability
2016-10-03, 01:36 PM
Escanor's definitely got the Sun Domain, with his ability to destroy undead or demons with his turning. But his day-to-night buffing is very unique, I'm not sure if D&D has the ability to replicate that feature.

Not familiar with the series, but perhaps the Wizard of the Sun and Moon variant from Dungeonscape can help? It allows a wizard to prepare two spell in a single slot for each level, but one can only be used during the day and one only underground or during the night. Pick some buffs for the first and leave the second for his weaker abilities.

illyahr
2016-10-03, 03:55 PM
Not familiar with the series, but perhaps the Wizard of the Sun and Moon variant from Dungeonscape can help? It allows a wizard to prepare two spell in a single slot for each level, but one can only be used during the day and one only underground or during the night. Pick some buffs for the first and leave the second for his weaker abilities.

Escanor was the "Deadly Sin" of Pride. During the day, he's built like a linebacker and extremely full of himself, however he is more powerful than even their leader's base form like this. At night, however, he becomes a scrawny poet with almost no social skill and very unsure of himself.

It's an interesting point in the series that the seven main characters are either not guilty or pardonable due to extenuating circumstances of their deadly sins. King, the faerie king and Grizzly Sin of Sloth, did nothing while one of his subjects went on a decades-long serial killer stint among humans. The fact that he had amnesia for this time due to a blow to the head didn't factor into his sentencing at all.

Pex
2016-10-03, 05:23 PM
Pride - Bard half elf

Envy - Anti-Paladin human

Wrath - Barbarian half orc

Gluttony - Sorcerer gnome

Lust - Wizard elf

Sloth - Cleric halfling

Greed - Rogue dwarf

Zaydos
2016-10-03, 06:48 PM
So trying to duplicate them with no homebrew or DM fiat abilities? Actually want to replicate their in manga feats or just get the same feel?

They'll be hard. Well ok, Merlin is a high level wizard. Merlin is easy.

Meliodas is some sort of warblade I'd actually say (they get the ability to counter an attack and redirect it even) course normally warblades can't send shock waves that destroy mountains.

Ban has epic Sleight of Hand. I don't know a non-brew way to mimic his stealing.

Diane is a stone giant with refluffed appearance. I mean she's a stone giant shaman (i.e. cleric), but besides refluffing the appearance she's a stone giant.

King... I'm not sure.

Escanor is also a warblade (maybe crusader), except he for some reason is a low level expert at night and absurdly high level in the day. Maybe a psywar dip for Expansion.

Gowther is some sort of construct or demon, class wise I'd look at psionics for him. Maybe PF's Soulbolt?

Arael666
2016-10-03, 07:12 PM
There's one prestige class that gains benefits as you inflict neg levels on other people, that sounds like a good fluff for glutony

barakaka
2016-10-03, 07:58 PM
One possibility is the Vampire template, because it just works as far as fast healing, strength drain and immortality are concerned. Granted, the strength drain is not quite right flavor-wise, and he puffs into smoke if you smack him hard enough, which isn't quite right either.

In order to use the other idea, you'll have to take oddly worded raw as gospel. Also I'm not quite sure what strength draining ability is going to work for him.

I've got it spoiled because it was kinda thrown together long ago and I'm feeling really lazy. The racial choice was made with multiclass penalties in mind. Just pick Azurin instead and love it. Don't take this build word for word because it doesn't all match Ban. Just use this as a reference point and read the info in the explanation below.

The Build

Human
Rogue 1 / incarnate 5 / totemist 2 / necrocarnate 4

Flaws:
Pathetic charisma (-2)
Shaky (-2 ranged attk)

Feats:
ff) shape soulmeld: therapeutic mantle
ff) healing soul
h) midnight dodge
1) craven
3) expanded soulmeld capacity
6) necrocarnum acolyte
9) shape soulmeld: vitality belt
12) split chakra: crown

HD: 4,3,5,1,4,2,5,3,2,3,6,6

Hp: 152
Wounds: 0

Str: 20
Dex: 14
Con: 23
Int: 10
Wis: 8
Cha: 6

Fort: 14 +3
Ref: 9 +3
Will: 7 +3

AC: 20 FF: 15 T: 15 against target opponent

BAB: 3
Init: 2

Required Skills:
spellcraft 10
arcana 5
religion 5
Umd 15
Spot 6
Listen 4
Diplomacy 13
Bluff 7
Search 8

Melds:
Vitality belt
Therapeutic mantle
Necrocarnum circlet
Strongheart vest
Mage's spectacles
Incarnate avatar
Bloodwar gauntlets
Landshark boots
Ankheg breastplate

Items:
Gauntlets of ogre power 16000
Periapt of health 16000
Chest slot Periapt of wound closure 22500
Item of lesser vigor cl1 continuous 8000
Glove of storing 10000
Scroll of divine power 700
Wand of wraith strike 50ch 750
Cloak of soulbound resistance 5000
Essentia helm 3000
Bag Of holding 2500
Amulet of Teamwork 2000 MIC - +2 dmg on flanking to you and allies
Third Eye Surge 2100 MIC - +4 insight to dmg for 1 round
Helm of Tactics 2000 MIC - +2 dmg on flanking to you and allies

60ft
Transposer Cloak 6000 MIC - swift swap positions with allie in 30ft

3/day
Shadow Cloak 5500 MIC - +1 defl and 3/day immed. teleport 10'
Bracers of Murder 8000 DotU- +2 prof dmg vs ff and reroll 1's on SA
Brute Gauntlets 500 MIC - +4 morale on dmg for 1 round 1/day
Belt of Ultimate Athleticism 3600 MIC - take 10 or take 20 1/day on swim/tumble etc

The Explanation:

The idea here is that Therapeutic Mantle soulmeld increases spell healing on you. With odd wording, a wand of Vigor, Lesser gives insane value, or if you're really sick in the head, an item of it at will/continuous. Dump essentia into the mantle, and you've got good fast healing. Take the Troll Bloodline and you've got some serious healing.

Incarnate has the easiest time expanding soulmeld capacity, and Essentia Helm is cheap and has a fantastic effect in intense situations. Since you're clearly an incarnate at this point, use the Theft Gloves meld to crank your Sleight of Hand. Mages Spectacles boosts UMD, but you probably don't need the help at this point. He feels pretty chaotic to me, which puts you in a bad spot as far as Incarnate Avatar meld is concerned. Lastly, please make use of Divine Power and UMD... you have garbage for BAB as an Incarnate.