PDA

View Full Version : Old Maneuver system port to 5th

j_spencer93
2016-10-02, 11:58 PM
I have seen this idea on a few other sites, and have even had it mentioned at games when players first took the battlemaster (which we assumed was similar). Is there anyway to bring the old Maneuver/Stance/Boost/Counter system to D&D 5th edition?
The system itself looks to be easy to use actually, just cut it out and put it as an option for players in 5th, maybe as a feat?

Pex
2016-10-03, 12:52 AM
It would take a lot of work that might be more effort than it's worth, but if Battlemaster isn't giving you that feel you want let's see what can be done as a start. To help keep things simple, don't try to port in every single maneuver. Determine for yourself what you find to be the iconic ones, the ones that truly define martial adepts to you. You also need to convert to 5E's way of doing things. Counters would be a Reaction. Boosts are Bonus Actions. Strikes are Actions. Stances are Bonus Actions to get into and require Concentration, but you can get into a stance out of combat.

Ideas:

The various Diamond Mind saving throw maneuvers is one Reaction maneuver that gives you Advantage on a saving throw.

The Stone Dragon Mountain Hammer maneuvers are one "Cantrip" Strike that does 1d8 damage at level 1, 2d8 damage at level 5, etc. and counts as attacking with a magic weapon.

Kryx
2016-10-03, 06:37 AM
There are plenty of ToB ports to 5e out there if that is your thing.

j_spencer93
2016-10-03, 09:03 AM
I've found a few but most seem to cut alot out. Only think that worried me about redoing a port myself is that I am not good at building classes.
However, the types are easy to convert. Like stated above, each fits pretty well. I may just try to wing something and see how it works.

Malifice
2016-10-03, 09:17 PM
The various Diamond Mind saving throw maneuvers is one Reaction maneuver that gives you Advantage on a saving throw.

Add your Superiority dice to a save would be better for mine.