PDA

View Full Version : Help Building A Miniboss

FocusWolf413
2016-10-03, 12:51 PM
I just started a 3.P game with some newbies and I need help making a Miniboss. I need some help figuring out balance and stuff.

I want him to focus on melee combat. Something about honor and wanting to toy with them. He'll have some support from his butler, defense focused Troll with a level or two in Crusader.

-Pathfinder rules as a base
-All light weapons can be wielded with Dex without a feat. Deadly Agility allows you to add Dex to damage with all light weapons.
-Weapon Finesse is weapon specific. It allows you to use Dex to hit and for damage as if it were strength. Two handed weapons can use 1.5x dex to damage.
-Many of the polearm or spear specific feats have been opened to all polearms and spears. I like encouraging the use of historically beneficial weapons.
-Many feat taxes, like Power Attack and Improved Shield Bash, are given for free.
-Mobility has been merged with Dodge because they barely make a half-decent feat combined.
-Minimum 4+int skill points/level
-Dreamscarred Press allowed
-Fractional Saves and BAB

Elven PF Fighter 6/Swordsage 1.

S 14 D 22 C 14 I 16 W 12 C 14

Feats (Not in order):
Dodge
Weapon Focus (Guisarme)
Weapon Finesse (Guisarme)
Combat Reflexes
Spring Attack
Shortened Grip
Long Reach
Improved Trip

Maneuvers:
Setting Sun and Diamond Mind focused

Active Spells and Gear:
+1 Nimble Mithral Breastplate
+1 Animated Heavy Shield
+1 (Other Enchamtment) Mithral Guisarme
Masterwork Adamantine Dagger
Masterwork Infantry Sabre (Short Sword)
Expeditious Retreat and/or Haste
Vigor
Barkskin

He'll focus on tripping people and getting attacks of opportunity, or dashing around people’s flanks.

What should I add? What should I change? Should I add a template?

I'm thinking of throwing him at my party of 3 at level 5.

Name1
2016-10-03, 02:05 PM
The DMG2 has some NPC traits you may wanna look into. Also, you could make it a Terror Creature (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/terror-creature-cr-0) without any change in CR, so I'd say add that.