PDA

View Full Version : My World The Council Lands (WIP)

PhoenixPhyre
2016-10-03, 02:22 PM
So I've been creating a world over the last couple years for a high-school group that I DM for. It's finally reaching the point where I thought I'd share it with y'all.

I'm currently transitioning it from one web platform to another, so here are the two links.
Old (has more backstory but some outdated stuff): http://ofmythicalbeasts.blogspot.com
New (more organized, not complete yet): http://admiralbenbo.org

The executive summary
So the world ended. What now? 200 years ago, the gods died and magic ended. 70+% of the world's population died as well. Now, the survivors are emerging into a changed world. Traditions must change; the world must be explored. A small setting with room to grow.

Mechanics
This system was originally written for 4e D&D. The current (post cataclysm) world is designed for 5e, but does not strongly depend on the exact rule-set. Only the races really come from there.

Magic-level
Medium-low magic (very very few casters above 5-6th level) and very low magic items. The art of creating permanent magical items is lost.

Races
All the Player's Handbook Races are present except Gnomes and Drow.

Why are there so many races? Because the Gods did it. Literally--the ancestors of all the races except dragonborn, orcs, and halflings were created to serve different primal deities. Dragonborn and orcs were created by magical genetic engineering (two different attempts separated by a thousand years) to serve as super-soldiers. Halflings are a mutated race after the magical equivalent of thermonuclear war about 500 years ago.

Gnomes and Drow don't exist--gnomes didn't survive the end of the world (that anyone knows about) and the Drow have never existed. No underdark, no schism of the elves (except into high elves and wood elves).

Anything else?
Just ask. Or comment. Nothing is really set in stone (except no gnomes. I can't stand the little things. Kidding. Mostly. Ok, not at all.).

I'd be grateful for any feedback that you experienced people can give.