PDA

View Full Version : [Feat] Not Just In Disney Movies Anymore...

Fax Celestis
2007-07-10, 11:18 AM
Spontaneous Song And Dance Routine [General]
Prerequisites: Bardic music, Perform (Song) or Perform (Dance) 10 ranks

Benefit: Allies within the radius of your bardic music that have 5 ranks in either Perform (Song) or Perform (Dance) are inspired by your music to sing or dance as well, augmenting your bardic music. These allies radiate a bardic music effect equal to your own, but only out to 15'. As normal, multiple applications of the same effect do not apply; however, if their radius would exceed the radius of your own bardic music ability, the area your bardic music covers increases to add that area (but not any of the surrounding area). In essence, treat the 15' radius around your allies as additional bardic music area. Allies that are within a radius of one of your allies but not within your own do not emit their own music and therefore do not emit a 15' radius of effect. Allies that leave the area of your bardic music continue to sing and dance for one additional round before ceasing, and the aura lasts with them for one round after your departure. Allies do not have to start within the radius of the effect for it to function; they merely have to move within it.

Normal: Your bardic music only works within 30'.

Poppatomus
2007-07-10, 11:25 AM
Cool idea.

Reminded me of one from the cinematic feats thread:

Dooompaty-Doo
Reqs: Leadership, Bardic music,

Benefits: Once per day you may have your followers perform a song and dance routine. The effects of this performance are as a fascinate attempt made by you and uses your perform(Song) or Perform(dance) skill, at your choice. the effect lasts 2+2d4 rounds, at which point the performance concludes. For every 5 of your followers beyond the first five involved in the performance the duration of the effect is increased by 1 round and the save DC by +1.

You must be in range of the performance, though you may act freely during the performance. At least five followers must be involved in the performance. This consumes two of your daily uses of bardic music. This feat can only be taken if you have followers as the result of your leadership feat.

Kurald Galain
2007-07-10, 12:34 PM
Reminds me of certain silly films where suddenly everybody bursts out dancing for no reason - I suppose that was the point? :smallsmile:

Jibar
2007-07-10, 12:39 PM
I assume naturally that your allies who are helping with this can still make normal actions while your feat is going?

Fax Celestis
2007-07-10, 12:58 PM
I assume naturally that your allies who are helping with this can still make normal actions while your feat is going?

Yup. No reason they couldn't.

elliott20
2007-07-10, 12:59 PM
I wonder if you can do this with woodland animals. I mean, what disney film song and dance routine would be complete without a bunch of disgustingly cute critters dancing around the person singing?

Jibar
2007-07-10, 01:03 PM
Yup. No reason they couldn't.

Well they are busy singing and dancing.

Hmmm... I just had a very bizarre image of dance-fighting at Minas Tirith.
Then I remembered they've actually done a Lord of the Rings musical.
That must be so wierd to watch.

DracoDei
2007-07-10, 01:08 PM
<Edited>
Well since Fax says it works then I GUESS that means within the limits of the actions... no making disable device checks while dancing and slight of hand might be at a penalty, no spells with verbal components or talking while singing (although maybe some communication could be worked into the lyrics).

elliott20
2007-07-10, 01:17 PM
Well they are busy singing and dancing.

Hmmm... I just had a very bizarre image of dance-fighting at Minas Tirith.
Then I remembered they've actually done a Lord of the Rings musical.
That must be so wierd to watch.
that just takes so much of the coolness out of the book. And Legolas must look even gayer than before.

...Eh?
2007-07-10, 01:22 PM
Should have a feat with the OP as a prerequisit that allows it to affect NPC characters with an attitude of indifferrent or better, but otherwise, it seems like a nice feat to have.

SolkaTruesilver
2007-07-10, 01:26 PM
I wonder if you can do this with woodland animals. I mean, what disney film song and dance routine would be complete without a bunch of disgustingly cute critters dancing around the person singing?

Ever seen a Bollywood movie?

They all have that feat

elliott20
2007-07-10, 01:29 PM
Ever seen a Bollywood movie?

They all have that feat

Bollywood movies are just all sorts of awesome though. This (http://www.somethingawful.com/d/fashion-swat/bollywood-swat.php) proves it!!

MethodicalMeat
2007-07-10, 01:44 PM
Shweetness, I think I'll play a bard, just so I can do this.
As always, anything with Fax_Celestis is worth reading, and then using.:smallcool:

Icewalker
2007-07-10, 04:50 PM
Awesome. Great touch. I'd use it.

Marek
2007-07-10, 06:15 PM
If i'm reading this right, then a preacher or generally any leader could take this feat and, setting up followers all around the periphery of his Bardic Music AoE, could set off a massive chain-reaction buff. I especially see potential for this with evil-doers. Who wouldn't want to see the Goblin King (with levels in bard) surrounded by a circle of singing and dancing minions?

DracoDei
2007-07-10, 06:42 PM
Labyrinth connection is NICE (I like that movie).

No it doesn't chain.

SurlySeraph
2007-07-10, 07:18 PM
Cool. I can't believe no one thought of homebrewing something like this before.

Duke of URL
2007-07-12, 09:10 AM
First of all... coolness. It's funny and actually a decent idea within the mechanic.

Perhaps you could consider a chain based on this feat. For example:

Improved Spontaneous Song And Dance Routine [General]
Prerequisites: Bardic music, Spontaneous Song And Dance Routine, Perform (Song) or Perform (Dance) 15 ranks

Benefit: As Spontaneous Song And Dance Routine, except that allies are only required to have a single rank in either Perform (Song) or Perform (Dance) and that the effective range for each ally is 15' plus their number of ranks in the higher of Perform (Song) or Perform (Dance), up to a maximum of 30'.

Greater Spontaneous Song And Dance Routine [General]
Prerequisites: Bardic music, Improved Spontaneous Song And Dance Routine, Perform (Song) or Perform (Dance) 20 ranks

Benefit: As Improved Spontaneous Song And Dance Routine, except that allies are not required to have any ranks in either Perform (Song) or Perform (Dance) and that the effective range for each ally is 30'. Additionally, all non-allies in range are subject to being fascinated by the effect.

Epic Spontaneous Song And Dance Routine [Epic]
Prerequisites: Bardic music, Greater Song And Dance Routine, Perform (Song) or Perform (Dance) 25 ranks

Benefit: As Greater Spontaneous Song And Dance Routine, except that all non-allies within line of sight or range of hearing (as appropriate) are subject to the effects of an irresistible dance instead of being fascinated.

Special: This feat is added to the epic bonus feat lists of all epic classes that grant or improve bardic music ability.